POKER NIGHT: Graphics, FrameRate, Slow Mice, etc (problems / solutions).

Comments

• edited November 2010
    yup that's right man come on with a fix!
  • edited November 2010
    i mean if i can get that far getting the game to work a little im sure the creators and sellers of this crap can make it work overnight with a patch!
  • edited November 2010
    I just get the Telltale logo, then black screen with sound effects.

Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) 8650 Triple-Core Processor 2.30 GHz

2 GB RAM

NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 video card
  • edited November 2010
    Here's what I have:

Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard
    Model (Not telling you what kind of computer I have, it probably doesn't matter anyway)
    Total amount of system memory 2.00 GB RAM
    System type 32-bit operating system (Windows Vista)
    Number of processor cores 2
    64-bit capable Yes

Display adapter type ATI Mobility Radeon X1600
    Total available graphics memory 1019 MB
    Dedicated graphics memory 256 MB
    Dedicated system memory 0 MB
    Shared system memory 763 MB
    Display adapter driver version 8.31.100.32
    Primary monitor resolution 1680x1050
    DirectX version DirectX 9.0 or better

The game can be played, but it's slow, and the Telltale logo and menu screens are torn up with lines like some other people have reported. Also for some reason when Max goes all in occasionally I can't see the chips he's pushing in. Still a fun game though, and I know my computer's not good-graphic-y enough to run some of the latest-latest stuff.
  • edited November 2010
    Good for you again but not solving the problem for all others who have the black screen issue that needs to be solved quickly!
  • edited November 2010
    bigchees11, yelling, ranting and posting over and over again and insulting the devs isn't exactly helping.

They are aware of the issues and are working on them. No more posts in this thread, please, unless you have something constructive to add.
  • edited November 2010
    jp-30 wrote: »
    bigchees11, yelling, ranting and posting over and over again and insulting the devs isn't exactly helping.

They are aware of the issues and are working on them. No more posts in this thread, please, unless you have something constructive to add.

+1

I was reading through the Thread and here is what I would do to check to make sure I got everything up to snuff on playing the game. Everyone needs to remember this.....Latest games are programmed and ran on latest drivers and hardware. I know everyone isn't running latest hardware so lets make sure we have latest drivers.

Graphics
    AMD/ATI: http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx

Nvidia: http://www.nvidia.com/page/home.html

Intel: http://downloadcenter.intel.com/

DirectX http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=2da43d38-db71-4c1b-bc6a-9b6652cd92a3&displaylang=en

Now I know you may have an old video card and may not think you need to upgrade your drivers, but you do. I have tried this game on my other machine that has a 7600GT and it runs the game with XP and latest drivers. It is VERY SLOW in full screen mode but payable in windowed mode. So try the game outside of full screen mode. Yeah it sucks, but you can play it. Lower your graphical settings. Open your Graphic Card's control Panel and under 3D settings turn Anti Aliasing: OFF. If you don't know how Google it. Google is your friend.

If the game still doesn't work then you will have to wait. But at least you can say you have the latest drivers and updates and are ready for the patch to be released. I hope this helps.
  • edited November 2010
    jscottyh wrote: »
    +1

I was reading through the Thread and here is what I would do to check to make sure I got everything up to snuff on playing the game. Everyone needs to remember this.....Latest games are programmed and ran on latest drivers and hardware. I know everyone isn't running latest hardware so lets make sure we have latest drivers.

Graphics
    AMD/ATI: http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx

Nvidia: http://www.nvidia.com/page/home.html

Intel: http://downloadcenter.intel.com/

DirectX http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=2da43d38-db71-4c1b-bc6a-9b6652cd92a3&displaylang=en

Now I know you may have an old video card and may not think you need to upgrade your drivers, but you do. I have tried this game on my other machine that has a 7600GT and it runs the game with XP and latest drivers. It is VERY SLOW in full screen mode but payable in windowed mode. So try the game outside of full screen mode. Yeah it sucks, but you can play it. Lower your graphical settings. Open your Graphic Card's control Panel and under 3D settings turn Anti Aliasing: OFF. If you don't know how Google it. Google is your friend.

If the game still doesn't work then you will have to wait. But at least you can say you have the latest drivers and updates and are ready for the patch to be released. I hope this helps.

every thing is up to date video/sound/mouther board bios/dx/windows/ so so

stilll not working
  • edited November 2010
    I play it on steam, but now whenever I open up the game there is a big glitched up screen, but I can still hear the games sounds in the backround.
  • edited November 2010
    Also I have mac
  • edited November 2010
    Update: Now the graphics menu and the in game settings menu come up perfect wow good step in the right direction awesome hope to play real soon.
  • edited November 2010
    bigchees11 wrote: »
    Update: Now the graphics menu and the in game settings menu come up perfect wow good step in the right direction awesome hope to play real soon.
    what settings did you use so so to get it to work ...ish
  • edited November 2010
    I updated my video drivers for my video card and now the text seems to be there in options but thats it now picture still black screen hope this helps a little.
  • edited November 2010
    from one of the threads in the support forum for those that can't get the game to run...
    Zyion wrote: »
    Ok, I found a fix for myself that seems to work for the Steam version of the game. I got it from this site. The solution is as follows:

"Right click on ‘Poker Night at Inventory’ in Steam -> Properties -> Set launch options.
    Add “-w 1024 -h 768 -refresh 60″. Run the game, and change video settings in game options to this resolution and refresh rate. It happens because your monitor doesn’t support default resolution.Remove this command line after you have changed the video settings."

Hope this helps.
  • edited November 2010
    Thanks but that's no solution for the black screen and no images coming up on the screen just sound. And I saw that website page you linked and tried it all!
  • edited November 2010
    valkysas - I was looking at your DXDIAG log post and for what the graphic requirements that the game has right now, The Nvidia GeForce 5900 will not handle the game, unless TellTale makes a patch to REALLY cut back the graphics of the game. :( But we are making progress. Hopefully TellTale is reading this post so they know where the support is needed.
  • edited November 2010
    ecommended:

Processor: 3 GHz Pentium 4 or equivalent
    Memory: 1GB RAM
    Graphics: 256MB DirectX 8.1-compliant video card
    DirectX®: Version 9.0c or better
    Hard Drive: 100MB space free
    Sound: DirectX 8.1 sound device

my pc
    p4 3ghz ht
    1gb ram
    geforce fx 5900 ultra 256mb dx 8 card

• edited November 2010
    im downloading the same and max devils play ground demo

C System Requirements
    Processor: 2.0 GHz (3 GHz Pentium 4 or equivalent rec.)
    Memory: 1 GB
    Graphics: 128MB DirectX 8.1-compliant video card (128MB rec.)
    DirectX®: Version 9.0c or better
    Hard Drive:
    Sound: DirectX 8.1 sound device
    Other Requirements:

just about the same as poker night lets see what happens

gonna take about 20min to download
  • edited November 2010
    The team is aware of the issues that have been brought forward so far and are looking into them.

Glad to hear a response from you guys. I am sure your all going nuts trying to fix this.

I there any specific system information we could provide, that would be of great help to TellTale solving the issues?

PS: I hope this thread has helped so far.
  • edited November 2010
    demo worked just fine don't see why this game wont
  • edited November 2010
    I know ill be checking this forum tomorrow hopefully they will have a fix by then.
  • edited November 2010
    I have warned you already, bigchees11. Next time you post for the sake of it in this thread and don't offer something constructive, you'll be taking a break. I'm not just referring to this latest post, but others on the previous page (some now deleted). You're adding to the signal/noise ratio in this thread and it's nothing but a hindrance.

Last chance.
  • edited November 2010
    Is there a way to change the settings outside the game? I can not see any thing at all and need to change the screen size but can not because I need to see to change that option.
  • edited November 2010
    If you're playing the steam version, try this;
    Zyion wrote: »
    Ok, I found a fix for myself that seems to work for the Steam version of the game. I got it from this site. The solution is as follows:

"Right click on ‘Poker Night at Inventory’ in Steam -> Properties -> Set launch options.
    Add “-w 1024 -h 768 -refresh 60″. Run the game, and change video settings in game options to this resolution and refresh rate. It happens because your monitor doesn’t support default resolution.Remove this command line after you have changed the video settings."

Hope this helps.

Also check the other suggestions on the webpage linked in the above quote.
  • edited November 2010
    I had a similar problem with Heavy betting his gun. Both Strong Bad and I won the hand when the Heavy went all in, but he just kept sitting at the table with his gun next to him.

9tpdvs.png
  • edited November 2010
    Still black screen with sound then error forcing the game to shutdown. AH!
  • edited November 2010
    Intel G31 (I know)
    1GB of RAM (Yeah, not a lot)

I have no background on the menu and no graphics in game, other than subtitles.
  • edited November 2010
    bigchees11 wrote: »
    Still black screen with sound then error forcing the game to shutdown. AH!
    Well if the game did not update then of course you gonna get the same error as last night lol its not are pc's after all its the game
  • edited November 2010
    Your True True dat.
  • edited November 2010
    @scotty: Have you turned shadows off?

Regrettably, it will not allow me to adjust most of the settings. So I feel I'm kinda screwed.
  • edited November 2010
    When I open the game, this is what comes up...
    Anyone know what I can do to make the game work again? (It did work when I first started it. Played for like 20 minutes until it suddenly froze when I clicked skip to next hand. Tried to restart the game, and poof, started to shizzle my screen instead.)
    This is the only Steam game I can't start, every other game works perfectly. Even non-steam games.

I'm using a Mac Mini
    2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3 Ram memory
    nVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT graphics
  • edited November 2010
    My stats and unlocks were reset. I won a tournament where Tycho was the last player this morning. Then I quit. Then I went back to the game and it offered for me to continue the tournament.

I beat Tycho and it said I had 1 tournament win and unlocked the "Max Imp" table, but I had (I think) 4-5 wins. Also, on the next game Max wagered his pistol and badge even though I had already taken it (and gotten the Steam achievement.)

I'm not sure what other information to give.

XP
    Pentium IV
    Nvidia

Hope this helps.
  • edited November 2010
    i tried changing the screen res and it crashes and when i try to start a poker game its all black then crashes i hope they fix this.
  • edited November 2010

There is no folder for my Steam games, since I'm using a Mac, so I can't start the game from any direct folder. Every game I've bought through Steam only works with Steam.

Also I've tried re-downloading (installing) the game, rebooted computer and steam constantly, and searched every forum for someone that has a similar problem, and all I've found is this: http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20575 (Which doesn't help either...)
  • edited November 2010

i tired all of them and they don't work.:(
  • edited November 2010
    I only have audio, not video, all is darck...i download it of steam and of telltale, and any version worked, for thous that have similar problem ther is an other forum, were telltale team is traing to solve the problem. http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20507&page=5 at last looks like that :)
  • edited November 2010
    This is what happened to me: http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/7430/pokernightattheinventor.png - the red box highlight was applied by me.

I was playing with graphics and shadows at their lowest quality setting. Effects were turned off.

In the course of play I adjusted the betting slider to go all in, but as soon as I adjusted the slider the text appeared on the screen as the screenshot shows. I could no longer click any buttons on the screen with my mouse, though keyboard controls to escape to the main menu still worked. Returning to the game screen had no effect. The NPCs could still say their lines and were animated, but as I couldn't click anything the game was stuck in limbo and the NPCs were becoming annoyed at me for not playing.

I also had the dialogue options set to "mom's the word", but it only seems to be in effect for the first round. After the first round the dialogue reverts to a far more verbose setting.

WIN 7 Pro, 64 bit
    Intel Core i7 Q720
    6GB RAM
    ATI Mobility HD 5870 1GB RAM
    Processor Information:
        Vendor:  GenuineIntel
        Speed: 1708 Mhz
        8 logical processors
        4 physical processors
        HyperThreading:  Supported
        FCMOV:  Supported
        SSE2:  Supported
        SSE3:  Supported
        SSSE3:  Supported
        SSE4a:  Unsupported
        SSE41:  Supported
        SSE42:  Supported

Network Information:
        Network Speed:  

Operating System Version:
        Windows 7 (64 bit)
        NTFS:  Supported
        Crypto Provider Codes:  Supported 323 0x0 0x0 0x0

Video Card:
        Driver:  ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5870

DirectX Driver Name:  atiumdag.dll
        Driver Version:  8.683.0.0
        DirectX Driver Version:  8.14.10.716
        Driver Date: 17 Dec 2009
        Desktop Color Depth: 32 bits per pixel
        Monitor Refresh Rate: 60 Hz
        DirectX Card: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5870
        VendorID:  0x1002
        DeviceID:  0x68a0
        Number of Monitors:  1
        Number of Logical Video Cards:  1
        No SLI or Crossfire Detected
        Primary Display Resolution:  1600 x 900
        Desktop Resolution: 1600 x 900
        Primary Display Size: 22.20" x 12.52"  (25.47" diag)
                                                56.4cm x 31.8cm  (64.7cm diag)
        Primary Bus Type Not Detected
        Primary VRAM: 1024 MB
        Supported MSAA Modes:  2x 4x 8x 

Sound card:
        Audio device: Speakers (Realtek High Definiti

Memory:
        RAM:  6068 Mb

Miscellaneous:
        UI Language:  English
        Microphone:  Not set
        Media Type:  DVD
        Total Hard Disk Space Available:  456934 Mb
        Largest Free Hard Disk Block:  22715 Mb
        Steam Hard Disk Usage:  47401 Mb
        OS Install Date: Jan 01 1970
        Game Controller: None detected

• edited November 2010
    If you're playing the steam version, try this;

Also check the other suggestions on the webpage linked in the above quote.

Sadly that does not work for me and my mac.
  • edited November 2010
    I heard on the Steam forum that NO FIX will be coming until after the thanksgiving break! And even after that its only patches and fix's for minor in -game glitches or bugs Wow I have never been so disappointed in a game ever in my 27 years playing games! This is a rare drop of the ball and robbery!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.