POKER NIGHT: Graphics, FrameRate, Slow Mice, etc (problems / solutions).

Help them help us...

So that Telltale can work on getting a fix made, released sooner, please provide a description of the issue in detail and what your system specs are.

System Specs help alot, so please provide as much as you can.

Comments

• edited November 2010
    My GeForce 8300 GS usually doesn't run Telltale's games all that well, but Poker Night runs sluggish even on setting 1, and Tycho's nose disappears when he's looking at the screen. I'm trying to figure out how to change the settings to fix the latter, but no luck so far.
  • edited November 2010
    I cannot get the graphics to change.

When I change it to "1" there is no difference. Other than that everything seems ok.

MotherBoard: Asus M4A78T-E
    CPU: AMD Phenom II Quad-core 945 3GHz
    RAM: 8GB
    Video: ATI Radeon HD3300
  • edited November 2010
    Okay, turns out Tycho gets a nose on graphics levels above one. Unfortunately, even two is painfully sluggish, so I guess I'll just have to look at this the whole time:

nonose.png
  • edited November 2010
    Well, first and foremost, the game WON'T START no matter how many times I reboot. I have no other programs running, the game worked once, now it's being a massive bitch, showing the first screen and then, not crashing, just not responding.
  • edited November 2010
    SunnyGuy wrote: »

And what are your symptoms?
    Well, first and foremost, the game WON'T START no matter how many times I reboot. I have no other programs running, the game worked once, now it's being a massive bitch, showing the first screen and then, not crashing, just not responding.

What are your specs? Can you get them?
  • edited November 2010
    I'm busy moving Support Queries to the... Support Forum.

I might let this one stand in here though in the hope the solutions that are being posted in the Support Forum get reposted here and people look at this thread rather than start yet another of their own covering the same ground.
  • edited November 2010
    Hang on... OK;

32-bit Toshiba Notebook

Processor: Genuine Intel(R) CPU 585 @ 2.16GHz
    Memory: 4GB
    HDD: 130GB, 8GB free
  • edited November 2010
    256MB Radeon x1550 GPU, 2GB RAM, Intel Dualcore 2.0 GHZ CPU

FPS rate suffers, mouse moving sluggishly even in Quality setting 1, menu looks weird.
  • edited November 2010
    CoolJosh3k wrote: »
    And what are your symptoms?

Just a slow but still playable everything at the lowest settings, which feels weird because it could handle The Devil's Playhouse really well.
  • edited November 2010
    I have no graphics. Everything is pitch black except for the menu at the beginning, and even there the options are blank. (For example, I see the word "DIFFICULTY" but there's a blank space where the current difficulty setting should be.) I've got a thread on the Support forum explaining things in more detail.
  • edited November 2010
    SunnyGuy wrote: »
    Just a slow but still playable everything at the lowest settings, which feels weird because it could handle The Devil's Playhouse really well.

Now I am scared. I hope it will run on my PC at all. *keeps fingers crossed*
  • edited November 2010
    Processor: Pentium Dual-core E5200 2.50 GHz
    RAM: 6 GB
    Graphics: Intel G33/G31

I have the same problem that many people do as described in this thread. After the Telltale logo, I get the menu screen with a black background. If I click play, I can hear the sounds of the game starting, but see nothing but blackness. If I try to change the screen resolution/aspect ratio or switch the game from full screen to windowed mode, it crashes. This is the first Telltale game I've ever had this problem with. "Devil's Playhouse" was slow at times, but I was able to play all episodes all the way through with no problems.
  • edited November 2010
    Mine was a bit sluggish, but OK. Shadows were ugly and jaggied. Turned them off completely (and turned off subtitles) and now it's running great.
  • edited November 2010
    Not graphics, but as an appropriate place to post this as I knew of. Turning off bleeps doesn't work perfectly. I suppose that's better than the reverse, though.
  • edited November 2010
    So if I get a new Laptop, what Videocard do you recommend me to get?

I want to be able to play this and BttF easily.
  • edited November 2010
    21de6a165300a00137bcf15ded215c0cdb94c106.jpg

I played it once successfully (slow as fuck but the game loaded up), I changed the resolution and now this is all I get. There's no menu text. I have to alt+f4 to close back out. I've reinstalled three times. Any thoughts? Does anybody know where the save or config files are located?
  • edited November 2010
    Don't forget to keep an eye on the threads in the Support Forum to see if anyone is experiencing the same problems as yourself and finding workarounds.
  • edited November 2010
    Ah, I love my XP and its uncanny ability to never be incompatible with contemporary PC games. Except those that have an OS restriction, of course.

On that note, 64-bit Vistas/7s seem to have a lot more problems than their 32-bit counterparts. Befitting of Microsoft, 'tis.
  • edited November 2010
    I was planning on getting a proper gaming desktop computer around April next year, but it looks like I may have to shell out a little earlier...
  • edited November 2010
    Early 2008 Macbook Pro. Some slowdown, but not enough to create issues, but a crash occurs mostly when another character goes all-in.
  • edited November 2010
    My game when I click play starts by "performing first time setup... Installing: Microsoft DirectX for Windows(Step 1 of 1).
    It does this for awhile and then nothing happens. The game never runs. If I click play again it starts the whole process over.

SPECS:
    Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
    NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT
    Intel Duo Core 2.26 GHZ
    4 GB RAM
  • edited November 2010
    I5-750
    4GB ddr3

Getting bad frame rate in the intro cut scene, the menu is very sluggish, but the actual game is smooth.
  • edited November 2010
    The only issue I had is with some strange frame rate fluctuations in the introduction, but the game itself and the menus run pretty darn good. My computer is pretty old, so I'm pleased with the results.

Nvidia GeForce 9600M GT on latest drivers
    Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz
    4 GB Ram (can't remember if it's DDR2 or 3. I want to say 3.)
  • edited November 2010
    This list is going good so far.

Hopefully TellTale will find all this usefull for implementing a fix.

Also, very few people have submitted system specs. System Specs will be very important for TellTales debugging efforts.

edit: looks like more people are now posting System Specs. Glad to see it, as it will help alot.
  • edited November 2010
    Atcote88 wrote: »
    Early 2008 Macbook Pro. Some slowdown, but not enough to create issues, but a crash occurs mostly when another character goes all-in.

However, since I've started playing in fullscreen this hasn't happened again.
  • edited November 2010
    Okay, running on the following:
    Graphics: ATI Radeon X1300/X1550 series
    CPU: AMD Athlon 64 (2.2 GHz)
    RAM: 2 Gb

I get this: http://yfrog.com/jopokernightissuej

The game itself runs fine, save for the occasional rules glitch and Tycho one game getting stuck saying his "stone blocks rain down upon you" line at the beginning of each hand.
  • edited November 2010
    Running fine for me on Intel core i7 1.6 GHz (Turbo to 2.8 GHz), 1GB nVidia GeForce GT 330M graphics and Win 7 64-bit.
  • edited November 2010
    Now I'm starting to have problems with the subtitles lingering on the screen until another subtitle replaces them, even after the tournament ends.
  • edited November 2010
    Turn them off!
  • edited November 2010
    But I like subtitles! I just don't like them overstaying their welcome. Also, it's disappointing that turning off bleeps doesn't uncensor the subtitles, but that's not really a glitch or anything.
  • edited November 2010
    I don't know if this is a genuine audio problem or not, but the uncensored bleeps seem to be very picky about what they unbleep. Sometimes the same dialog will be played twice, unbleeped at first; two hands later, bleeped. It's strange.
  • edited November 2010
    I can't change the resolution to 1280*800. It gives me error, and game crashes...

Also the first loading screen is kinda... f-d up.

http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/3928/asdzpt.jpg

And main menu, too...

http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/742/asdfoe.jpg
  • edited November 2010
    I've got the same exact problem, and I'm sad. Hope this helps.

ASUS eeePC 1005-PEB netbook
    CPU: Intel Atom N450 @ 1.66GHz
    RAM: 1GB
    Graphics: Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 3150

markeres wrote: »
    I have the same problem that many people do as described in this thread. After the Telltale logo, I get the menu screen with a black background. If I click play, I can hear the sounds of the game starting, but see nothing but blackness. If I try to change the screen resolution/aspect ratio or switch the game from full screen to windowed mode, it crashes.
  • edited November 2010
    My computer is not the best, but with some changes in the settings, the game runs smooth... except for the mouse cursor, it runs sluggish. But that's a mild problem. And yeah, I put the graphics on 1 and Tycho's nose vanished, which caused me to go, "GASP... okay, back to 2 for that setting."
  • edited November 2010
    Windows XP , 1.54Ghz AMD Athalon with 768 mb of RAM and a Radeon 9250 graphics card.

The game will load and I'll get the main menu no problems. The setting menus though are all without any text. I go to run the game and as soon as it gets past the intro vid, the game crashes. I've tried tinkering with the graphics settings, but given that I have no text, I have no idea what I'm really changing.
  • edited November 2010
    This thead was set up to quell the support issue threads in this forum.

Don't forget we have a dedicated support forum here;

http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25

So be sure to stop by there and see if anyone else has the same issue you're experiencing and post your experience in that thread. It may even have a solution if you're lucky.
  • edited November 2010
    p4 3ghz HT
    1gb ram
    geofrce 5900 ultra

no back ground no text in options and when i hit play the game its just pure black i can hear the voices and see the subs and when it get to the point where i can start playing -i thank since i cant see ! - it crashes to desktop
  • edited November 2010
    ATI Radeon 2600, 2 gig ram, lenovo y710, Windows Vista

Sluggish and choppy. To compensate, have it at 1280x720, 1 graphic setting, low shade, etc. It works much better now, but there are long annoying pauses between hands (3-5 seconds).

Never had any graphics issues on other Telltale games.
  • edited November 2010
    It looks like most people who see issues have a graphics card without Shader Model 3.0 support.

I tried the game with SwiftShader, which implements Shader Model 3.0 on the CPU, and it ran fine. But when I reduced its settings to Shader Model 2.0 support the game crashed.

I also noticed that the game defaults to enabling anti-aliasing. Not all hardware supports anti-aliasing well, and it makes SwiftShader needlessly slow (forcing anti-aliasing off made it quite smooth on my system).
Sign in to comment in this discussion.