POKER NIGHT: Graphics, FrameRate, Slow Mice, etc (problems / solutions).

Comments

• edited November 2010
    Heavy went all in with 2000, tycho called, I went all in with 21 something thousand, tycho folds, heavy wins, I lose all my money. What the f***?

Good game, by the way. I am enjoying it so far.
  • edited November 2010
    ^ There's another sticky thread for discussion of unexpected poker rules/situations in the game.

http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20510
  • edited November 2010
    I only got dealt one card.. is this a bug?

Screen shot here:
    pokernightscreenshot-1.jpg
  • edited November 2010
    What I've been told/what I know so far,
    This is NOT only an ATI issue.
    Some people are able to see the background and some aren't.
    "attempting to change the resolution at all will crash the game to desktop."
    Menu screen just shows "play game,setting,and quit."
    "Got pieces of telltale logo, then ripped menu, then phrase about $10 000 steaks, then half of screen is filled with game screen then crash."
    "managed to get it to start the very first time. Went to settings, maxed out the graphics, tried to switch resolution to my max (2560x1600) and the game hung. For thirty seconds, followed by a CTD."
    Restarting your computer does not make it work.
    Reinstalling the game does not make it work.
    Most people say verifying integrity of game ache doesn't work.
    Menus all chopped up. Blank intro and game play.
    "heavy went all in. and no options appeared afterwards. had to start a new tournament"
    "Game dosent even load for me"
    "When I click play a send error report pops up."
    "Poker Night at the Inventory failed to start (Error Code 80)"
    "Poker Night at the Inventory failed to start (Error Code 51)"
    Only 1 card showing/being dealt.
  • edited November 2010
    Greetings!

I am suffering from a slow mouse and framerate issues.

Here are my specs:

Toshiba Satellite L500
    Celeron Dual Core CPU T3000
    1.8GHz Processor
    2.0 GB RAM
    Windows 7 - 32 Bit Version

This message was printed on 100% recycled cyberspace
  • edited November 2010
    20pd2wz.jpg
  • edited November 2010
    @scotty: Have you turned shadows off?
  • edited November 2010
    ^graphics on low, shadows off, bleeping off and subtitles turned on
    I'm on a toshiba laptop dual core running vista my graphics card is some crap integrated intel thing
    My game has not crashed and I'm having a lot of fun playing it :)
  • edited November 2010
    The game starts with sound and tell logo then the menu appears with play game but a black background. There is still sound as I click play game and it loads but black screen the whole time with sound until dealer guy says time to buy in or something and then crash's the game with error report. This is highly disappointing and let me know if you have any ideas at all! I would love to play this game!
  • edited November 2010
    The team is aware of the issues that have been brought forward so far and are looking into them.
  • edited November 2010
    I forgot to mention that I can run if fine at the "default" settings, but I turned off shadows when I raised the graphic settings to 5 or 6 (just in case). Runs fine then, haven't tried with the Shadows on but my GPU has always had a dislike for them, so I'd figure I would see some chugging if I did. They should keep the shadows option in later games, because them being set into graphic detail for other games has sometimes kept me from getting the game looking nicer. I really appreciate the option.
  • edited November 2010
    Ok sounds good thank you for the quick reply and I hope the game is fixed just as quickly. Ill be checking this forum for any news and or solutions
  • edited November 2010
    WingDairu wrote: »

You might want to upload this kind of pictures to somewhere else where it's harder for people to get offended by accidentally seeing an illustration of a female anthropomorphic dragon with a male genitalia.
  • edited November 2010
    No need to post a picture cause all u see is three things on the screen and thats play game and settings and quit. Also I can see the subtitles on screen but no picture nothing blank and then bam! Crash!
  • edited November 2010
    The team is aware of the issues that have been brought forward so far and are looking into them.
    Telltale Games actually patching their own game? Awesome. :)
  • TeaTea
    edited November 2010
    GeForce 8400GS, 2GB DDR2.

I have trouble on setting 3 and 4 with a terribly slow mouse.
  • edited November 2010
    Well I'm guessing they are in partnership with Steam in some way so through Steam I'm sure they can deliver a workable and quick patch to at least run the game!
  • edited November 2010
    bigchees11 wrote: »
    Well I'm guessing they are in partnership with Steam in some way so through Steam I'm sure they can deliver a workable and quick patch to at least run the game!
    I just hope its be for thanksgiving ..
  • edited November 2010
    Ya man me too this is really annoying and unreal here!
  • edited November 2010
    I have an ATI Card I am running and I have Pentium 4, I definitely meet the system requirements as listed on the store page and it says nothing about having to have shader model 3.0 to run it so lets get this game working already!!!!!!!
  • edited November 2010
    So far I have not had any BIG issues. But I will have to say the animation of the Heavy is really weird. When he moves his head his Eyes don't, so it looks like his eyes are rolling in the back of his head. facial expressions of the heavy look weird too. The Chips animation are not right. After a win and starting the next hand the chips are still on the table from last play. Random sizes of the pot: when pot is upwards of $20,000, on Camera view of Max it looks like a couple chips are in rather than a whole stack when in Tycho's/Strong Bad/ Heavy view. And its random per view depending on size of pot and different hand. Brief hangs when switching to menu, playing another hand or changing options in the menu.

That's the only problems that I have with the game. And so far I'm loving the game!

SYS Specs

AMD Phenom II X4 970 3.8GHz
    4GB DDR3 1333
    MSI 890GXM-G65 AM3
    3x 500GB RAID0
    EVGA GTX460
  • edited November 2010
    Ya i saw your posting on steam Jscotty but that's all good for you but when you can't run the game at all or if you can and you see a black screen then a crash come post something.
  • edited November 2010
    If they get this game to work I would buy other Tell made games like that Back to the future game or anything Im a true gamer this is shameful and mad disappointing.
  • edited November 2010
    Also crash's with error message when changing resolution and all options are grayed out and hard to see to even try and change them come on tell go go go get it to work yo yo yo!
  • edited November 2010
    Processor: Pentium Dual-core
    RAM: 4 GB
    Graphics: Intel G33/G31

mine is totally black, except for white writing at the start... I can get to the settings, and if I hit unlock or w/e it is, it gives me that screen with the 4 blank items.. but otherwise its just all black =( !!
  • edited November 2010
    Windows Vista Service Pack 1 32 Bit
    Intel Core 2 Duo 2.00 Ghz
    Intel GMA Graphics Card
    3 gb of Ram
    Description: Game started up Telltale Logo Appeared. (No graphical glitches)

Game locked up.

Had to kill CelebrtyPoker.exe in Task Manager.
  • edited November 2010
    For one thing its not our computers or anything hardware related only as far as the games data and execution is not being communicated correctly or at intervals with the video card in each machine. So has to be narrowed down to make of ATI, NIVIDIA and so on. So just update the game tell company through Steam and patch the leak and translations fast!
  • edited November 2010
    Windows 7 Home Premium
    AMD Athlon II Dual-Core Processor
    3 GB RAM

The game just plain runs badly unless I shrink it to 800 X 600, turn off shadows and effects, and turn the graphics down to 3.
  • edited November 2010
    Hey, Behonkiss from DKVine!
  • edited November 2010
    My poker name doesn't change (strange in my opinion), some graphics problems (chips staying in the middle of the table for no good reason) some blinds and pot issues ( doing all-ins larger than your opponent might result in losing all the money). These are the main problems I found.
  • edited November 2010
    Get it working!
  • edited November 2010
    Black screen and then crash when dealer says buy in see subtitles on screen before crash!
  • edited November 2010
    Black screen and then crash when dealer says buy in see subtitles on screen before crash!
    If you post your dxdiag info in the support thread for this problem, it might help Telltale figure out what the problem is faster.
  • edited November 2010
    Wow! Come on Tellltale make it Happy ending in this fairytale and fix your game!
  • edited November 2010
    I love how like 10 of them came on but they deliberatly never viewed these threads.
  • edited November 2010
    Amazing that some company would sell and release and market a game that does not work for over half the gamers that either pre-purchased it or bought it when first released!
  • edited November 2010
    250px-Twins2.jpg

We are getting aggravated

lol..
  • edited November 2010
    I used 3D Analyzer software and forced a pixel shader 1.4 and got the background up and to the table with the characters throwing in there money then it just shuts down again this is getting very aggravating INDEED!!!
  • edited November 2010
    Im having a problem that seams to be me only... No Voices. Just subtitles sound effects and music. I have an HP G60 Laptop with windows 7 Home Premium (64 Bit). Pentium Dual Core CPU T4300 @ 2.10 GHz. 3.00 GB of Ram. if you need more info tell me how to get it because thats all i can get. Much help would be appreciated
  • edited November 2010
    I used 3D Analyzer software and forced a pixel shader 1.4 and got the background up and to the table with the characters throwing in there money then it just shuts down again this is getting very aggravating INDEED!!!

I can confirm this i can now see the game but it still crashes when every one is done puting in there 10k and options are still not showing up also tyco -spelling - is all black has no textuer
Sign in to comment in this discussion.