POKER NIGHT: Graphics, FrameRate, Slow Mice, etc (problems / solutions).

Comments

• edited November 2010
    I prefer calling this a "lending of some spare change" rather than "robbery", since the game is only 5 damn bucks.
  • edited November 2010
    What world u live in? Oh that's right la la la rich land? 5 buck is 5 bucks and i put my trust in this game and company and they failed the worst i ever witnessed!!!!
  • edited November 2010
    bigchees11 wrote: »
    What world u live in? Oh that's right la la la rich land? 5 buck is 5 bucks and i put my trust in this game and company and they failed the worst i ever witnessed!!!!
    what a drama queen, im disappointed to, but i still think you are over acting B(, any game cost 5 bugs, and yes you could have bought 5 shity things on one of that stores of 1 dolar and as far as i know the telltale team is working to fix the problems,i dont really think they are planning to left the game like that.
  • edited November 2010
    Changed my graphics card, cried a lot, said some Tycho-worthy words, stuck it in properly, and now it works fine and pretty.

Lots of fun; good job, Telltale!!
  • edited November 2010
    Falanca wrote: »
    I prefer calling this a "lending of some spare change" rather than "robbery", since the game is only 5 damn bucks.

Well I bought 2 copies and I could have gotten Super Meat Boy for that.:D
    (one on steam, one here) but I got 2 Steam codes afterwards so I gave them to 2 of my friends who are quite happy with the game right now. One even wanted to give me the items but they are untradeable so I just unlocked the item achievements on my steamcopy so that I would at least get something more than 2 gifts for my 10$.
    I really still hope for a fix or a workaround that will let me play this actually.
  • edited November 2010
    Seriously. I've been to arcades where you get 4 minutes of play for $3. (Heck, I've been to arcades where you get 2 minutes for $5). $5 is nothing. But it would be nice to get some bugfixes to this incredibly buggy release.
  • edited November 2010

Ok you know what. ITS 5 DOLLARS! I give more than that whenever I friggen tip somebody at pizza hut! You wont go poor because of the 5 dollars and if you did then you shouldent be buying the game in the first place. Telltale is trying to fix this and have taken note of what is happening. Until then just shut up its 5 dollars. That is less than an hour of work at MCDONALDS!
  • edited November 2010
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    Ok you know what. ITS 5 DOLLARS! I give more than that whenever I friggen tip somebody at pizza hut! You wont go poor because of the 5 dollars and if you did then you shouldent be buying the game in the first place. Telltale is trying to fix this and have taken note of what is happening. Until then just shut up its 5 dollars. That is less than an hour of work at MCDONALDS!

so what if its 5$ i payed for something it should work especially when they show system requirements min/rec you would thank they tested there game on dx8 cards if its a dx8 game but nooooo they sell it to us to beta test it for them

would you get mad if you bought a new car and it ended up only running for 30m be for shutting down on you and you have to turn the key again what you gonna say no big deal it was only 30k they will have some one out in a few weeks to fix it ...

lazy very lazy work
  • edited November 2010
    I heard on the Steam forum that NO FIX will be coming until after the thanksgiving break!

Um... I think that's fair enough, all things considered. It's only a bloody computer game, after all*. I don't think we can expect anybody to come in to the office while they're on holiday, now can we? The fact that *any* patch is likely is a good start, in my opinion.

* And I think some people on this forum could stand to be reminded about the shopping discount that came with purchase.
  • edited November 2010
    What 50 cent discount? get real yo Valky thanks for the backup on this forum true dat man striahg tlazy work for sure and taking money from about i dont know maybe over 3,000 or more people who boguht the game and the 1,500 that cant play at alll!!!!! Why relase a game none can play? And even sell itttttttt!!!!!
  • edited November 2010
    a good 22% or so that have the steam version can not play the game as far as i can tell with only 77% of all players on steam won 1 hand in the game

http://steamcommunity.com/stats/PokerNight/achievements/

but any way im off to play some tf2 and maybe look for a new video card been wanting a 3.0 shader version for abit now after alien swarm seen a 512mb pci 8400 for 44$ on best buy tho i thank i will wait for a patch first be for i order
  • edited November 2010
    I had the resolution set at my laptop's default which is 1366x768 and the game ran slowly and the mouse lagged even on 1. I dropped to the smallest available and it runs fairly well on 4-6 depending on shadows. The main problem is that the cursor is fairly large on the screen now, but oh well.
  • edited November 2010
    for any one having the missing text in option prop i found a fix for it with 3danalyze

http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20694
  • edited November 2010

I live in Turkey. I'm a student. I live in my parents' home and make my living out of 70$ a month, all coming from a government credit I'll have to pay 2-3 years later.

Shut up.
  • edited November 2010
    It's ridiculous to have even thought there'd be a patch before Thanksgiving. Just be happy they're working on it at all. Some companies have games with horrible glitches *coughMW2cough* that will NEVER get patched. Be thankful you even have a computer to play this game, lots of people in the world don't even have that luxury. Programming isn't magic, it doesn't happen instantly with a wave of the hand. Why don't you go have some turkey, pass out in a food coma, and don't come back for a week, because you're really not helping with all this instant gratification BS.

Oh, have a happy Thanksgiving.
  • edited November 2010
    It's not so critical but it's a bug:

When Tycho is eliminated and after that Max is eliminated and the game execute this conversation:

Max: I hope they don't ask for my ID.

Tycho: Why, aren't you of legal age?

Max: I am, I just don't want to undergo the embarrassment of having to conjure it up.

Tycho is not there, so Max say the first line and don't get up from chair. He keeps there sitting (but he not plays). Max would get up and go for a walk inside the Inventory, right? :)

Thanks. I hope that you fix this.
  • edited November 2010
    The_Ripper wrote: »
    It's not so critical but it's a bug:

When Tycho is eliminated and after that Max is eliminated and the game execute this conversation:

Max: I hope they don't ask for my ID.

Tycho: Why, aren't you of legal age?

Max: I am, I just don't want to undergo the embarrassment of having to conjure it up.

Tycho is not there, so Max say the first line and don't get up from chair. He keeps there sitting (but he not plays). Max would get up and go for a walk inside the Inventory, right? :)

Thanks. I hope that you fix this.
    I've heard about this one happening as far as I can tell its the only dialogue bug I've heard of.
  • edited November 2010
    jp-30 wrote: »
    ^ There's another sticky thread for discussion of unexpected poker rules/situations in the game.

http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20510
    thank you, :) in my case I have gave them a tray...didn,t help, xD. But I appreciate your tray on sharing a posible solution.
  • edited November 2010
    valkysas wrote: »
    so what if its 5$ i payed for something it should work especially when they show system requirements min/rec you would thank they tested there game on dx8 cards if its a dx8 game but nooooo they sell it to us to beta test it for them

would you get mad if you bought a new car and it ended up only running for 30m be for shutting down on you and you have to turn the key again what you gonna say no big deal it was only 30k they will have some one out in a few weeks to fix it ...

lazy very lazy work

lol,well, if they fix the problems of the car and i only had to pay 5 dolars, offcourse, i would do it, im not stiupid xD. But i understand your point, is an allegory, i get it,brillant...wait, no, i dont get it...i dont get it any how, how about this example, it fits better, so how many presius candys they stole you with their damn game? Relax, they will fix the problem,they shuld had made it better before the relaise? yes im agree with that, but if they fix it im ok, the only thing that really bothers me is that I would have to play the game later,than the most of the bayers, but is not the big thing, frustraiting, yes, thats all. Telltale always do a exelent job with their games, a thing i like of them is that it looks as they are more interested on the games than on the selling, evry company have their exceptions on a good work, this game is the exception of telltale, and just by naw, dont organaize a human burning for 5 dolars... What ever I dont see how skreaming madly to telltale and the people of the forum community could be of some help.
  • edited November 2010
    gilau wrote: »
    thank you, :) in my case I have gave them a tray...didn,t help, xD. But I appreciate your tray on sharing a posible solution.

The same thing didn't work for me as well. I think it may be because I'm using a Mac.
  • edited November 2010
    I just noticed something, I'm not sure if it'll give insight into the problem but it may. I have the black background and I'm unable to actually change my resolution, but...

The game claims it's using 1024 x 768 (full screen) ... but it's not. The mouse pointer reveals the edge of the playscreen to be an odd resolution. At first I thought maybe it was 960 x 600 (the next lowest), but no.

I think it's trying to run 1024 x 600. The height is clearly less than fullscreen 768, looks like 600, but the width covers all the way side-to-side, so it's 1024. So if we could just get an actual config file to edit, maybe I could tell it to use a real resolution instead of this crazy made-up broken resolution!! Please give more insight into this!!

Also, the left and top edges of the game screen stop my pointer from going off-screen, but the bottom and right edges do not. My pointer can go off those sides and disappear completely.
  • edited November 2010
    DoctorLeft wrote: »
    The same thing didn't work for me as well. I think it may be because I'm using a Mac.

nop, im using a toshiba :/
  • edited November 2010
    The problem is that there don't seem to be new drivers for the graphics card I have in my laptop. I guess it just can't run the game fully.

...I just need to get a new computer then. Great.
  • edited November 2010
    SunnyGuy wrote: »
    yep that didnt work for me, but thanks
  • edited November 2010
    Kayube wrote: »
    The problem is that there don't seem to be new drivers for the graphics card I have in my laptop. I guess it just can't run the game fully.

...I just need to get a new computer then. Great.
    ok I support telltale a lot,love them xD but a thing i will never do, is to bay a new lap or an expensive aditament as a graphic card for a game of 5 dolars, if i do it this game wold become the most expensive game i have ever bought, it most be an other solution.
  • edited November 2010
    Have the same problem with game freezes after the logo, after changing the display to 16bit the game wouldn´t even start, changed back to 32bit and the game starts in windowed mode without any problems.
    Saved me settings (max on all 1920 * 1080), and it worked without problems. Restarted the game and got the same problem again tested to push alt enter in the game, it changed to windows and started correctly.
    Tested several times and to switch between window and full screen and got it running every time.
  • edited November 2010
    Apologies if this has already been posted.
    If one is having problems with the game (or many other games for that matter) on Windows 7, try using a different installation outside of the program files folder. All kinds of programs can have all sorts of stupid problems if they're put into the default program files folder. Maybe use just C:\games\ instead. Of course since I didn't put the game into program files, I don' tknow how much this will help, but since I stopped using that accursed folder I've had many fewer problems with games in general.
  • edited November 2010
    Not a big deal, and it might have already been mentioned, but my game went black and white and nothing I can do will fix it. I hope I get fixed cause I feel like I am missing some big part of the game.
  • edited November 2010
    Not a big deal, and it might have already been mentioned, but my game went black and white and nothing I can do will fix it. I hope I get fixed cause I feel like I am missing some big part of the game.

Are you using the Automata table?
  • edited November 2010
    If it's the robot table, then yes.

I think I see where you are going with this...
  • edited November 2010
    If it's the robot table, then yes.

I think I see where you are going with this...

Yeah, it's a table effect. Change tables to remove it.
  • edited November 2010
    I changed tables....
    and wouldn't you know it, color returned like a unicorn took a dump in my brain!
    Thanks Ringmaster, I could have sworn it was an actual game flaw. Good thing I didn't bother support with it, now if I could only get my sound to work correctly...
  • edited November 2010
    I know there are a lot of bugs in the game like
    Only 1 card of your hand showing
    Blinds not appearing to be posted at the top but they show up in the pot
    Rules like a min raise is the blind level if you are the first to raise otherwise 2x the previous raise or in head up you deal to the big blind.

But here is a new one for you...busted out max but he stayed at the table.

maxout.png

BTW I'm raising :)
  • edited November 2010
    Same thing happened to me with Strong Bad. Havent seen it again since. I didn't mind because he was still wearing the Dangeresque glasses. :P
  • edited December 2010
    Hey I actually found a real glitch this time!
    Anyone against throwing a shovel into the pot? I hope not, I really want to use it in TF2.

Attachment not found.

It stayed for the entire game! Not even calling it a "Poor baby man" could coax it away!

Attachment not found.
  • edited December 2010
    Anyone against throwing a shovel into the pot? I hope not, I really want to use it in TF2.
    The Soldier already has one. :P
  • edited December 2010
    furrykef wrote: »
    The Soldier already has one. :P

False, that's a spade, get it? A SPADE! HAAHAHAHHAHA!!! Oh, jeez. I crack meself up.
  • edited December 2010
    Hey I actually found a real glitch this time!

Attachment not found.

It stayed for the entire game! Not even calling it a "Poor baby man" could coax it away!

Attachment not found.

Whoa how is the heavy whearing the poker visor.
  • edited December 2010
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    Whoa how is the heavy whearing the poker visor.

I think he wears it when you use the TF2 table and decks.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.