BTTF Tribute Episode 2

Hey dudes and dudettes!

The script is coming along nicely, we'll start shooting soon-ish.
As you know, everybody is welcomed to join us. If you wanna jump in, just send me a PM and, preferably, a photo of you.

I'm asking for a photo because if you really really really look like someone from the movies, you most likely will get to reference that character. For instance, Mr. Tarasis' haircut landed him the part of Doc Brown. Hehe :p

So:

- PM
- a photo
- and also please mention who you'd really really like to play
- if you have a preference and/or and idea, write that as well

Now, for those who already played in the first episode, I will contact you guys with a script as soon as I have your part ready. Lemme just write the names here of people who should be expecting a PM soon enough...
Alan
Tarasis
Origami
Milkman

Also, the guys and girls who appeared in the awesome "Let Us All Tell the Tale" are cordially invited to join in. :) The more, the merrier. ...Is that how you spell "merrier"? Awkward.

That's about it!

Comments

• edited January 2011
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's spelled right. I'd be happy to join... I could be the nerdy fanboy...might as wel make something ofthis annoying outbreak... You still want a pic and stuff?
  • edited January 2011
    No, in your case, no pic needed. Nerdy fanboy sounds good. :p I'll send you a script asap.
  • edited January 2011
    Uh, giving away awesome roles as potential random and/or reappearing lovable characters?
    Sounds great! Last tribute's been so much fun, I'm queueing (do you spell it like this? I doesn't even look like a word anymore. xD), how could I turn down such a nice invitation? ;)
  • edited January 2011
    Haha, awesome! Welcome back to the mini-silver-screen! (sounds fancy, don't it?) :p

I'll send you some lines soon-ish. I'm making preparations and you may be surprised of the lines you get. :D
  • edited January 2011
    Mini-silver-screen sounds great! It should be your new label name!

Woah? You've already got some lines? Boy, you're quick! :eek:
  • edited January 2011
    Well, I'm actually writing this stuff up as we go... depending on how many of you will participate... and I also need to make the lines versatile enough in case one or two of you suddenly can't make it in time.

All in a day's work :)

I'm also planning a musical number for everybody, but that will be towards the end of the bttf game.
  • edited January 2011
    And I'm BACK!
    I'll send in some stuff to you when I get a minute. Probably tomorrow...
  • edited January 2011
    Dude, I know you. You don't have to send in anything :p Just signaling you're back is good. I'll send you the script soon ;)
  • edited January 2011
    Come one, come all, come and join the fun
    For instance, Mr. Tarasis' haircut landed him the part of Doc Brown. Hehe :p

Shucks and there I thought it was tribute song recording :) Guess I won't be cutting my hair to its sometimes shorter length.
  • edited January 2011
    I dont know what character I could play but hey, I would love to participate! :)
  • edited January 2011
    Hey dudes and dudettes!

The script is coming along nicely, we'll start shooting soon-ish.
    As you know, everybody is welcomed to join us. If you wanna jump in, just send me a PM and, preferably, a photo of you.

I'm asking for a photo because if you really really really look like someone from the movies, you most likely will get to reference that character. For instance, Mr. Tarasis' haircut landed him the part of Doc Brown. Hehe :p

So:

- PM
    - a photo
    - and also please mention who you'd really really like to play
    - if you have a preference and/or and idea, write that as well

Now, for those who already played in the first episode, I will contact you guys with a script as soon as I have your part ready. Lemme just write the names here of people who should be expecting a PM soon enough...
    Alan
    Tarasis
    Origami
    Milkman

Also, the guys and girls who appeared in the awesome "Let Us All Tell the Tale" are cordially invited to join in. :) The more, the merrier. ...Is that how you spell "merrier"? Awkward.

That's about it!

I am so in! I have been in so many plays and productions through out my whole entire life! I can sing and act! As for me, even though that i am a girl, I would love to be Marty Mcfly! i have actually written the whole back to the future scripts from all of the movies and I have memorized Marty and Doc's lines, and as well as all of the main characters as well! I have also written alot of my own stories, and this recent one was a time travel story as well! In my life, I was and still is a Marty Mcfly though out middle school, high school and also now in collage! Even at my job, they call me Mcfly! I even have the whole Marty Mcfly outfit including the avadiers! But since I am in the US, who are you going to do this? Will u still need my pic and what is a PM?
  • edited January 2011
    Trenchfoot wrote: »
    I dont know what character I could play but hey, I would love to participate! :)
    Marty1 wrote: »
    Bla bla I'm awesome and I wanna join in something-something But since I am in the US, who are you going to do this? Will u still need my pic and what is a PM?

Awesome! :D

Now, Trenchfoot, please send me a PM as I originally asked. EDIT: actually, scratch that. I don't think you'll improve too much on your settings... unless you actually surprise me this time. :p

Marty-Girl, welcome to the forums :) Allow me to explain...

a PM is a Personal Message. You can send me one through the forum system, or if you're more comfortable with e-mail, just send me an e-mail to silverwolfpet at yahoo dot com.

To understand what exactly are we doing, please check out this link:
    http://www.telltalegames.com/community/blogs/id-731

You'll get it as soon as you see the clip.

I need the photos of new people (aka the ones I haven't worked with until now) because you will receive a role based upon two criteria:
    1. Who do you want to play
    2. Who do you look like

As far as I understood, you like Marty. A lot. So you will probably get this part (don't worry Origami, I know what I'm doin', you're safe ;)), but I need to see your costume and background (where do you plan on filming).
    I need to see the costume to get an idea of framing (if you only have the vest it would be pointless to show your entire body).
    I also need to see the background for ideas... If you have, for example, a ton of empty cardboard boxes in the background I will most likely ask you to use them as you act. (aka I'll write it in the script).

Once I get your photo and see that you are committed to the project, I will include you in the script which will be handed out to everyone shortly.

Asking for a picture also represents a way to see if one is able to do simple tasks and/or if one is able to pay attention to what I say/write.
    For example, Trenchfoot would love to join... yet he didn't listen to my advice regarding some filming directions in out last project. So I know that I can't really rely on his videos, therefore his part will be written according to his way of working (against the sunlight). Yes, Trenchfoot, I didn't forget...I never will... and once a year I will come by your house and steal your front porch light-bulb.

...I don't know why, but it seems like an appropriate vengeance-plan.

Don't get me wrong, one can join in no matter how bad his videos are...but I need to know exactly how much effort are you willing to show so I can write your part accordingly. :) Again, all this applies to new people, like yourself. To my old friends, I can just ask you guys "can you do this?", due to the fact that I know each one's strong points and limitations.

So, Marty-Grill...pardon, Girl! Show me whatcha got :) Oh and I think it's clear that you will need a video camera or a damn good cellphone to film yourself for the project.

EDIT: By the way, script is almost ready. Wanna join? Last chance.

EDIT 2: Four pages ready!

EDIT 3: Okay, first draft finished. Six pages in. Lookin' cool. Now, do you people want to see it or do you prefer just to get your lines and that's it? Last time, the element of surprise was the awesome part...nobody knew what the other was doing. :)
  • edited January 2011
    I'm torn, seeing script would be excellent but the surprise made it well surprising :)

I guess Silverwolfpet put me in the surprise camp.
  • edited January 2011
    I prefer not to be surprised ... I'd like to read the whole script.
  • edited January 2011
    tarasis wrote: »
    I guess Silverwolfpet put me in the surprise camp.

Camp?

I want to be surprised, too. :D
  • edited January 2011
    I want to be surprised.
  • edited January 2011
    Oh, geez... I want to be surprised, yet knowing the script might make the lines more realistic... Hmm...

I guess I'll go with everyone else, and say surprise me.
  • edited January 2011
    I want to see the lines that follow YOUR lines! It's easier to get a picture and feel of the convo and you can adjust your performance to it.
  • edited January 2011
    Ok, deal...

I'll give you all bits and pieces, not just lines. Origami's idea seems to apply nicely to all. Satisfies a bit of curiosity while it doesn't spoil the entire scene.

Now... this is much more important:

Do you prefer the situation in which everybody has a fixed number of lines (let's say 8 per character) or do you prefer sacrificing one or two lines for the dialogue to be funnier/snappier?

For instance, Bill and Bob.

Bill: Why did the chicken cross the road?
    Bob: I don't know.
    Bill: To get on the other side!
    Ba-da-dish!! Hahaha...
    Bob: Oh, I get it now.

> Bob's line is not necessary, but the characters have an equal number of lines. Which do you guys prefer? :)
  • edited January 2011
    Rule of Funny, man. Always.
  • edited January 2011
    Oh, okay then. If anyone objects to that, let me know.

Trenchfoot, joking aside dude, how do you plan on filming your stuff. If you're gonna give us dark shots again, I need to implement that in the script. Please let me know.
  • edited January 2011
    For example, Trenchfoot would love to join... yet he didn't listen to my advice regarding some filming directions in out last project. So I know that I can't really rely on his videos, therefore his part will be written according to his way of working (against the sunlight). Yes, Trenchfoot, I didn't forget...I never will... and once a year I will come by your house and steal your front porch light-bulb.

Awesome! But the porch light-bulb is not worth the trouble. Wouldn't you prefer to steal my socks? Just like trolls. But only the left ones. What's with that??

Seriously, I think I'm getting a new camera by next month, so I promise I work with lights properly. Thanks for giving me still another chance!
  • edited January 2011
    intri-ga-ling
  • edited January 2011
    Yup better for funny.
  • edited January 2011
    I prefer sacrificing the unnecessary lines ... those lines by Bob in your examples could be shown by simple facial gestures.
  • edited January 2011
    Yeah, I wouldn't mind less lines if it's not going to be funny. Do what you gotta!
  • edited January 2011
    Thanks for the quick reply, guys! Funny it is and, as a first draft, it is funny! :D

Trenchfoot, you always have a chance, buddy! We all do! I'm not giving you anything. I was merely interested in the lights, that's all. The cam is good. :)

Socks come in pairs of left and right?! Aren't they interchangeable? Awkward. My sock drawer just gained +1 respect from me.
  • edited January 2011
    Oh, and do you mind if I record audio and video separately, like in Tell the Tale? My camera still has that annoying audio lag.
  • edited January 2011
    I can fix the lag :) I just need a clear audio. If the lag has pops and crackles, then ok record separately. But if the cam's sound is okay, no worries. It's fixable in editing, just send it to me raw.

I started sending out the scripts. Weeblerjake, you're next :)

EDIT: Sent about 5 by now...taking a small break.
  • edited January 2011
    Ok, I'm done recording. With my camera, it makes the audio really choppy, and sometimes parts get cut out, so I'm sticking with syncing, if you don't mind.
  • edited January 2011
    It's cool dude ;) Can't wait to see!
  • edited January 2011
    No I don't ! :D
  • edited January 2011
    Today I'm sending out the rest of the script. More people joined so now the script is 8 pages long (which roughly translates to 4 minutes). There are 12 people involved (yes, including you Marty-Girl).

People have a positive feedback when they read their lines, so I guess they like them. :p

Thanks for joining, guys and girls! This is turning out to be...kind of crazy, but fun nontheless :D
  • edited January 2011
    UPDATE:
    Sorry for the double post.
    Scripts sent to everybody.
    Divisionten was the quickest of you all! She sent in her video and I can't wait to see yours as well!
    I barely managed to squeeze three more actors, just in time.
    Now we play the waiting game... I wait, you work and send (through mediafire please, it's faster for everybody).
    Afterwards, I work, you wait.
    Isn't this fun? :D
  • edited January 2011
    UPDATE: Divisionten was the quickest of you all!

That's what he said.

(runs)
  • edited January 2011

Now, Trenchfoot, please send me a PM as I originally asked. EDIT: actually, scratch that. I don't think you'll improve too much on your settings... unless you actually surprise me this time. :p

a PM is a Personal Message. You can send me one through the forum system, or if you're more comfortable with e-mail, just send me an e-mail to silverwolfpet at yahoo dot com.

I need the photos of new people (aka the ones I haven't worked with until now) because you will receive a role based upon two criteria:
    2. Who do you look like

As far as I understood, you like Marty. A lot. So you will probably get this part (don't worry Origami, I know what I'm doin', you're safe ;)), but I need to see your costume and background (where do you plan on filming).
    I need to see the costume to get an idea of framing (if you only have the vest it would be pointless to show your entire body).
    I also need to see the background for ideas... If you have, for example, a ton of empty cardboard boxes in the background I will most likely ask you to use them as you act. (aka I'll write it in the script).

Once I get your photo and see that you are committed to the project, I will include you in the script which will be handed out to everyone shortly.

Asking for a picture also represents a way to see if one is able to do simple tasks and/or if one is able to pay attention to what I say/write.

Don't get me wrong, one can join in no matter how bad his videos are...but I need to know exactly how much effort are you willing to show so I can write your part accordingly. :) Again, all this applies to new people, like yourself. To my old friends, I can just ask you guys "can you do this?", due to the fact that I know each one's strong points and limitations.

So, Marty-Grill...pardon, Girl! Show me whatcha got :) Oh and I think it's clear that you will need a video camera or a damn good cellphone to film yourself for the project.

EDIT 3: Okay, first draft finished. Six pages in. Lookin' cool. Now, do you people want to see it or do you prefer just to get your lines and that's it? Last time, the element of surprise was the awesome part...nobody knew what the other was doing. :)

Ok, Now that I have already seen the video and I have read the script, how do i say my lines? Can i like have some of my friends read the other lines before mine and then say my lines? Or, do u just want me to d the screaming? Just so u know that I have the whole entire outfit of Marty But the vest is blue, instead of red! I got that thing along time ago and my parents got it! Shit, wished it was blue! But since we r doing BTTF 2, do u want me to have that outfit too? I do have it except for the 1950's hat and sunglasses!What did u mean to orgiami that u knew what u were doing and that she is safe? is she going to end up being the real Marty? With the screaming that I am involved, I really dont scream like a girl! I may not even look like Marty, But I do have his personality and attitude! As my car, I have an 1998 Chevrolet Cavalier and I call my car 001 Delorean! ha! Even when I am driving, I listen to the BTTF sound track all the time! With all of the stuff that I will be turning in to you, I am going to prove to u that can be Marty Mcfly! No body calls me chicken or yellow belly!
  • edited January 2011
    Umm ...

Marty1, For the first one I only had my lines so with a video camera, I simply recorded them with pauses between them and let Silverwolfpet simply cut the video to his tastes. You could do several takes of the same line / action to give him the best options (for instance I think I tripped over 3 or 4 times).

BTW we aren't doing BTTF2, we are doing episode 2 (of 5) of the BTTF tribute video, so you don't have to worry about the 50's outfit.
  • edited January 2011

2. Who do you look like

Ok I sent you a PM and alot of other questions! Hopfully that U have gotten them!
  • edited January 2011
    tarasis wrote: »
    Umm ...

Marty1, For the first one I only had my lines so with a video camera, I simply recorded them with pauses between them and let Silverwolfpet simply cut the video to his tastes. You could do several takes of the same line / action to give him the best options (for instance I think I tripped over 3 or 4 times).

BTW we aren't doing BTTF2, we are doing episode 2 (of 5) of the BTTF tribute video, so you don't have to worry about the 50's outfit.

Err, yeah, what he said.

I'm glad you're hyped about this, Marty1, but take it easy, it's not that complicated. Just film yourself following the lines and indications in the script.

In the worst case scenario, you mess up and I tell you what needs to be redone. Relax :)

EDIT: I get the feeling that you think this is a Marty McFly Wannabe contest. It's not. It's a tribute to BTTF. A funny-crazy situation in which fans are fighting over roles. That is part of the story... nobody is fighting over any role, ok?

And Origami is a dude, not a "she".

For the screaming part, if you can't scream, just mimic the scream and I'll add in the sound effects.
  • edited January 2011
    I prefer to see all of it and to not be suprised because as an actor, you need to know what in the hell is going on as all of the scenes!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.