- Trenchfoot (sent)
    - Spielbergfan1 (sent)
    - Marty1 (sent)
    - Majus (sent)
    - GuestStar (Sent)

Well, we're doing pretty good! :)

And Tenchfoot had good lighting!! Yaaaaay! *the crowd goes wild* :p
  • edited February 2011
    Quick update: Talked to the crew (not you brilliant people, the OTHER brilliant people... the filming crew) and everything is set.

We'll be filming episode 2 ...
    ...and about 80% of episode 3 due to reasons I am not allowing myself to disclose.

Well, let's just say that Episode 3 will require a LOT of special effects...and I have no idea how to make half of them. It will be a very special episode. :)

Aaaand, as a VERY special treat, I will be announcing this now... Being a semi-musical-thingy, every episode has at least one song. What kind of song would you like to hear in episode 4? I'll let you guys choose. (If you have an example of the style, post the youtube link and I'll take a look at it).

Conclusion: You guys did great and all the clips I received are awesome. As soon as Origami, Marty1 and Alan send in their clips, I'll start editing :D Thank you!
  • edited February 2011
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmxCNrtAz5c&feature=related

If you put together something that sounds close to this, that would be awesome! (^_^)
  • edited February 2011
    That would be fun to sing along too!

I'd love to do something akin to this (will add some other links later). The guys other vids are quite good too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GheAd59anbU&feature=youtube_gdata_player
  • edited February 2011
    Also something with the vibe of this would be cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PQNDcHZmds&feature=related

This is from a musical called "Moby Dick The Musical", the song is called Parents Day. Effectively its a show set in a fictional St Trinians like boarding school, where they are putting on a show of Moby Dick for Parents Day. I sadly never saw the production (I was too young to get to London to see it) but I saw a couple of songs of TV once and feel in love with them and the feel of the show (Note not because of what the women wore :) ) and managed many years later to pick up the CD recording of the show and its still one of my favs.

I know St Trinians from the B&W Alastair Sim movies, not the books or the modern remakes with Rupert Everret
  • edited February 2011
    Marty1 has sent in her recording! Good job!

Origami should send in his work this weekend.

I'll send Alan another PM. I hope he doesn't ban me o.O

:p
  • edited February 2011
    Well, how about something like THIS for the song? ;)
  • edited February 2011
    Trenchfoot wrote: »
    Well, how about something like THIS for the song? ;)

I suggested that too! See a couple of posts up.

:)
  • edited February 2011
    tarasis wrote: »
    I suggested that too! See a couple of posts up.

:)

Well, you know what they say: Great minds think alike :)
  • edited February 2011
    And fools seldom differ :)
  • edited February 2011
    OMG!

The project gets stalled because of me. ;___;

Well...I sent in 9 of my 13 lines. Mostly consisting of the more difficult ones.
    So expect me to sent the rest in tomorrow or wednesday tops. ^^

I had a real busy weekend. Had to finish up a 4-man schoolproject which I basically did almost all by myself. >.>
    I have also entered a band so I have to rehearse the repertoir, takes up some time too.
    And I was busy looking for my final internship for school. Sending in applications and such...*sigh*
  • edited February 2011
    Well, I'm indifferent when it comes to musicals ... musicals I enjoyed, I liked the musical segments in "The Nightmare before Christmas" and "Sweeny Todd". They are too numerous to give links to youtube...

As of music, I enjoy Jazz, Soft Rock, electronic, pop, classic, and any mixture of them.
  • edited February 2011
    So wait ... you need VOICES for this project? I would like to get it on this. I don't care who see's my pictures either, so here is one of my better shots:

21amv5s.jpg

any role'd be neat. perhaps 3-D's -or- whoever's fits ...
  • edited February 2011
    Keeping you guys updated:

- Origami sent 95% of the lines, doing great!
    - It's 5:26AM right now at my place and I FINALLY managed to finish the songs for Ep.2 AND Ep.3
    - All I need to do now is record them.
    - The Ep.2 song is not 100% original, it's based on a cartoon song that itself is taken from someplace else... so I'm not really sure what the origins are, but it works for the scene and I figured nobody will really care as long as it sounds good and I don't take full credit for it :p
    - Filming for Ep.2 hasn't started yet.
    - I plan on releasing Ep.2 by 15th of february. I'm almost certain we won't make it, but I just hope we can release this before BTTF the Game's Ep.2.
    - Just looked again at everybody's clips. You guys and girls rock! While I think everybody did a tremendous job, there is one of you who raised the bar a little. The acting was so...unexpected and convincing, that I originally hesitated in posting her/his clip! I won't tell you who it is, I just hope that you will like his/her performance.

And, before I regret saying this, no Marty1, it was not you. You're awesome, you did a great job, but please stop sending me 3 PMs/day if you don't really have anything relevant to communicate. (that was mean, I know, I'm in a "mean mood" at 5:37AM). Kidding, okay? C'mon, gimme a hug. :D

Everybody did so well (and pretty fast) that I was thinking of asking you guys to take the song for the 4th part. I mean it. I can compose it and then we can work together like we did with the Let Us All Tell the Tale song. What do you say? :)

Also, for all you talented people, the script for Ep.3 is almost ready...but I won't send it to you before posting Ep.2. Let's not rush things. Besides, there are more folks who would like to join the cast, so I'll have to talk with each of them and see what they come up with.

All I can tell you is that it's fresh, it's awesome and completely new from the setting point of view ;)

The best part is that you can speculate as much as you want, you will never guess what's in store for you. And I bet you'll like it.

Thank you all (again) for being brilliant and I'll keep you up to date with the project. Cheers!

EDIT: By the way, the song two-three of you suggested (the BTTF theme with lyrics)... erm, didn't we do that already in the first shot of the first episode? Do you really want the entire theme? Goldentusk (a very polite dude, but very busy, as he couldn't join when I asked) already did that. If you want, I can do it too...but isn't that a little...redundant?
  • edited February 2011
    Can't wait for the vid! I'm sure it will be awesome! My recommendation (and sorry I'm reiterating this) would be "Back in Time" and/or "The Power of Love" both by Huey Lewis and the News. (^_^)
  • edited February 2011
    *let the speculation begin* I'm guessing it's Milkman08 *speculation mode off*

For me I wasn't talking so much about doing the BTTF theme again, just something akin/similar style wise to it. We all sing along to an adaption of a theme from anything really ... Okay probably not Terminator that might be tricky on a BTTF setting.

I have some of the Bugsy Malone songs rattling round my head:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1FgpBxXho4&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Particularly this version, the piano opening and the lyrics fit a little for us particularly if you presume we are just crazy fans wasting our lives trying to be our characters, obsessives who keep bugging you :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sA_0cvd1EUM&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Ultimately I just like the sentiment & the style of the song but it could possibly be spun around.

"We could have been anyone that we wanted to be ..."

We could've been anything
    That we wanted to be
    And it's not too late to change
    I'd be delighted to give it some thought
    May-be you'll agree that we really ought
    Two, three, four

That we wanted to be
    Yes, that decision was ours
    It's been decided we're weaker divided
    Let friendship double up our powers
    That we wanted to be
    And I'm not saying that we should
    But if we try it, we'd learn to abide it
    We could be the best at bein' good guys

Flowers of the earth
    Who can even guess how much
    A real friend is worth?
    Good guys, shake an open hand
    May-be trusting
    If we try to understand
    No doubt about it
    It must be worthwhile
    Good friends do tend to make you smile

That we wanted to be
    Yes, that decision is ours
    It's been decided we're weaker divided
    Let friendship double our powers

You give a little love
    And it all comes back to you
    (Da da da ra da da da)
    You know you gonna be remembered
    For the things you say and do
    (Da da da ra da da da)
    You give a little love
    Andit all comes back to you
    (Da da da ra da da da)
    You know you gonna be remembered
    For the things you say and do
    (Da da da ra da da da)
  • edited February 2011
    I'll look into it, Tarasis. Thanks :)

Okay guys, Origami just sent in the rest of his clips. Awesome work!
    I finished recording the song for episode 3 and Tracah123 mastered it...masterized it... how do you say this? Either way, it sounds brilliant!

Had a long talk with Dan (Ace from BTTF tribute), we settled the script and we'll start shooting these days. Brrrr, waking up at 6 AM and filming outside in this weather... you BETTER like the clip!
  • edited February 2011
    Can't wait for the vid! I'm sure it will be awesome! My recommendation (and sorry I'm reiterating this) would be "Back in Time" and/or "The Power of Love" both by Huey Lewis and the News. (^_^)

I totally agree! Isnt that Marty Mcfly's favorite band? It is mine as well! We have to add them!!!!:) I also like 80's rock as well such as Van Halen, Bon Jovi, ACDC, Night Rangers, and Chicago!
  • edited February 2011
    And, before I regret saying this, no Marty1, it was not you. You're awesome, you did a great job, but please stop sending me 3 PMs/day if you don't really have anything relevant to communicate. (that was mean, I know, I'm in a "mean mood" at 5:37AM). Kidding, okay? C'mon, gimme a hug. :D

Well, it was worth a shot! Ill do better next time!:)
  • edited February 2011
    So, bets on who WAS this mysteriously awesome actor? I'm putting them on Tarsis, if only because he apparently did some massive overload of takes.
  • edited February 2011
    I think who it is is still up in the air because Silverwolfpet said, "I originally hesitated in posting her/his clip." I'm assuming he means that the person had one or two takes, so I feel like that rules out Tarsis as a possibility. The plot thickens!!! (Also, I'm going to turn this bet around and suggest that divisionten is the awesome vid in question). :D
  • edited February 2011
    *let the speculation begin* I'm guessing it's Milkman08 *speculation mode off*
    That's just unexpected and very kind of you Tarasis :) ... What makes you think I'm the one?
    Also, Don't praise me ... I get so high that I'll ruin my future acting ...
  • edited February 2011
    How can he praise you when he never saw you before in his life??

Want me to give you a clue?

Oh, before that... filmed today for 8 hours straight. Exhausting. Very satisfied with the results. Hopefully the effects will also be up to the challenge.
    It's funny, you know? You work for 8 hours and all you get out of that is a 2 minute clip. Heh.

So, you guys want a clue? Hihihihihi...
  • edited February 2011
    How can he praise you
    when he never saw you
    before in his life??
    I was talking in general. And I have to remark that I thought it would be rude not to say anything about his speculation which is what I intended to do.
  • edited February 2011
    Want me to give you a clue?

So, you guys want a clue? Hihihihihi...

Sure, why not? Layeth it on me, good sir!
  • edited February 2011
    How can he praise you when he never saw you before in his life??

You didn't indicate that it was someone we'd seen before. Just someone that surprised you and you hesitated to post his/her video but as you havent put our clips online (at least not via the thread) I wasn't sure how to take that. Could it have been a mistake, or someone from Xmas vid or someone from episode 1?

It wasn't praise per se just speculation from the clues you'd given us :)
  • edited February 2011
    Ok then, clue:

It's someone who has more than 6 letters in his/her username.
  • edited February 2011
    Da List:
    - Alan NOPE
    - Divisionten (sent)
    - TheBlueBadger (sent)
    - Weeblerjake (sent)
    - Monkeymovies (sent)
    - Milkman08 (sent)
    - Tarasis (sent)
    - Origami (sent)
    - Trenchfoot (sent)
    - Spielbergfan1 (sent)
    - Marty1 (sent) NOPE
    - Majus (sent) NOPE
    - GuestStar (Sent) NOPE, a it's not their username, just a designation.

That aside, its still nine people, myself included, but obviously Spielbergfan didn't witness the fantastic trainwreck that was my BttF Delorean entry for the insider forums. There's no way the video in question here is mine.

An interesting thing about the clue- the cutoff of letters is six, and there's two people on the list with just one more.So, Tarasis or Origami? Likely.
  • edited February 2011
    An interesting thing about the clue- the cutoff of letters is six, and there's two people on the list with just one more.So, Tarasis or Origami? Likely.

I think it's a cunning ploy to give us 9-10 options to guess from, as Marty1 could count if Silverwolfpet meant 6 characters.

I think he's too much of a diplomat to make it easy for us to guess :)
  • edited February 2011
    So I figured out who the user in question is, but I didn't see anyone with the username "Drinkyourovaltine!" Guess my decoder ring has failed me again!

EDIT: (It's probably Origami...)
  • edited February 2011
    Erm... o.O Okay, Misters and Misses Sherlock Holmes, here's another clue:

It's not really THAT impressive...it's just different... and he/she doesn't post much in this thread.
  • edited February 2011
    Ok I am just taking a wide guess and I believe that it is Weeblerjake? I havent seen alot of stuff from this guy!
  • edited February 2011
    I'm guessing it's Monkeymovies
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited February 2011
    Not that there's a release date for ep2 or anything, but shouldn't the second tribute be ready about now??

:D
  • edited February 2011
    Milkman08 wrote:
    I'm guessing it's Monkeymovies

Gweat? Me? Oh, Pshaw!

Wow...kinda haven't posted in a while! O__o
  • edited February 2011
    Same with me. I'd be suprised if it were me... I doubt my acting is that great, haha
  • edited February 2011
    Guys are you really THAT oblivious to the obvious clues.
    Okay let me handle this. *points at second line in sig*

It's AJLocascio. Wow...cool that he would do that. ^^
  • edited February 2011
    Origami wrote: »

It's AJLocascio. Wow...cool that he would do that. ^^

Haha, funny. :p

...NO it's not AJ, chillax...I would never EVER hide such a thing from you honest and lovable people.

...besides, he was busy this month...:rolleyes:

Vainamoinen, as I predicted, we didn't make the 15th "deadline"... but it's still on it's way. To be accurate, tomorrow I am recording the song (it has been composed for a few days now, but my friend Daniel has a really busy schedule so it's actually a miracle that we can work on this tomorrow) for Episode 2 aaand Friday we will wrap up the last shots.
    After this it's edit edit edit as fast as I can. Oh and I also need to compose the rest of the soundtrack.

Monday, most likely, will be the launch. Well, I will send it to Alan in time but I can't control when it will be posted on the blog.

Those who have subscribed to my youtube channel will probably get it first. Although I would expect a blog release...it's nicer, looks pretty. :D

Good news, Alan is extra busy but he will manage to record his lines. I just want to emphasize the amount of effort this guy puts into appearing in our little tribute so let's give him some encouraging cheers! Yaaay Alan!
  • edited February 2011
    Well, at least one tribute including you will be released today (hint hint)
Sign in to comment in this discussion.