BTTF Tribute Episode 2

Comments

• edited March 2011
    Any updates on this one? it's been very quiet lately. :rolleyes:
  • edited March 2011
    Does it really have to be Alan? Couldn't you just replace him with someone else for the time being so we can see the video, then re-release it when you get Alan's video? The wait is feeling a little ridiculous now. (No offense to Alan, I'm sure he has a good reason)
  • edited March 2011
    I am reading your words and understanding your pain, fellow movie-maker!

...even though you make cartoons, but that still counts as movie making!!

My answer to you is... I have no answer to that. Even if Alan would send me his recordings now, I still need to figure out when I have time to make the actual clip. Rendering is not simple, not for me at least :)

I'm floating through projects right now, trying to keep everything in balance. I might as well wait for Alan. But I do bug him every now and then :p
  • edited March 2011
    Hey guys,

I wanna run something by you wonderful people. Hear me out, please... this is a discussion, not an announcement.

There is a lack of interest from multiple parties regarding episode 2. This doesn't mean you, this means people from my filming crew. When I don't have people to work with, or people in the right state of mind, I can't really film stuff. I know that if I do, it will end up bad.

Therefore, I have this mini-proposal:
    - I'll edit the materials you guys sent and post a clip just with us happy-folk fooling around. I'll replace Alan's part with someone else, I'm sure he won't mind.
    - I had an awesome musical number prepared for episode 3. I'll finish editing that one and post it as well.
    - I can tell you what I had in mind for the story so we don't end the tribute so abruptly.

You guys know that I do my best when it comes to finishing what I started. When it's not 100% depending on me... it becomes difficult.
    For example, I am now working on a huge Lord of the Rings parody. It took 4 years to complete. As we speak I'm finishing up the last touches. It involved a cast of 15+ actors and tons of effects.

Okay, back to the mini-proposal:
    - I can focus more on Kauff, Sea for Two, the comic strips and other surprises for you guys.
    - If you still want to, we can still make some sort of BTTF tribute... but it will probably just involve dialogues, no back up story to support them.

I would like to hear your thoughts on this.

Just for the record, I CAN finish up the BTTF tribute and convince my crew to get their butts on the set... but it may not be as funny as expected, or as well written.

So, thoughts please? :)
  • edited March 2011
    It would be too bad to end the BTTF tributes so early. You should at least do one more episode, wrap up all your ideas in a few minutes. I know it is hard working with people who aren't into the project, and it may be best to stop this project. If you're out of the way, everyone will have no choice but to focus on my BTTF tributes. Bwahahahahaha!

On the bright side, LOTR, Monkeyologist, and all that other stuff happening sooner would be pretty good.
  • edited March 2011
    Or you could delegate work to other willing users on the forums for helping complete your work if it becomes that much of a hassle for your team. Teamwork's the name of the game when it comes to film projects and my group of friends are willing to help if you have any rudimentary scripts or plot devices laying around. Just shoot me an email or something if this sounds like a remotely good idea, as the Telltale community is here to support you and the great work you've put forth in the forum community. :D

EDIT: Changed "but" to "as"
  • edited March 2011
    As much as I've been looking forward to this, it's not good if it's causing you hassles, especially amongst your friends. :-( This was supposed to be fun, right? You don't owe us anything... It'd be great to see what you've got from all the board members though... :-)
  • edited March 2011
    I appreciate the offer, Spielbergfan1... however, with all due respect, the project was kind of huge on the effects department. I'm not doubting your team's skills, I am doubting the overall value of the project. I don't want to end up like most directors, all effects and no story.

Since the focus was on funny moments, I don't think the script was written well enough. Sure, the IDEEA was cool... but the details lacked that necessary spark. I didn't write it by myself so... yeah, complicated :p

Skeeter, it was fun! I'm not arguing with my friends... they're great people! It's just that they are not fans of BTTF, hence the lack of interest :) No problem, I'll work on the board members clips. It should be done tomorrow or the day after that.

If anyone else has anything to say, now it would be the right time. Otherwise, I'll take it as a general "yes".
  • edited March 2011
    Yeah, go with the mini-proposal. As much as I loved the first tribute, there's no sense trying to continue it if your film crew isn't interested.
    At least we'll get the Telltale forum members' clips and the awesome musical number. :D
    - I can focus more on Kauff, Sea for Two, the comic strips and other surprises for you guys.

Wait, more surprises? On top of Kauff, 'Rings, Sea for Two, etc.? The fact that you have time to sleep amazes me, man.
  • edited March 2011
    Middle of a conference ATM so not really read the emails yet.

Sad that it's kind of ending but if the will isn't there it's the best plan, even if I have enjoyed doing them :)

Please do finish what you can of ep2 and release the ep3 song, I'd love to hear it.
  • edited March 2011
    That's a sad piece of news ...
    I certainly hoped you could finish it, heck I've been hoping to receive the 3rd episode's script in the following weeks ...
    I wonder what's up with that each and every time I enter a project, It halts midway ... like the MI Speech Project ... but that's a superstition on my part, I know this has noting to do with me :p ...
    Anyway, good luck with your future project Andrei :) I'm not that much into your Monkey Island stuff, but I will look forward to you LoTR Parody, the trailer was really interesting ...
  • edited March 2011
    Good, then it's settled :) I'll do my best.
  • edited March 2011
    You should finish it if you think it's worth it. If not, throw it away and start from scratch.

It's all up to you. Because if you don't really feel like finishing it, it may not turn out as passionate as the others were.

Just my two and a half cents :)
  • edited April 2011
    It should be done tomorrow or the day after that.

I wanted to rant, but then I remembered that you're still stuck in that time and place without internet, forums and community.
    You have to learn how to time travel, fast! No, actually stay where you are, I'll come fetch you with my TARDIS.
  • edited April 2011
    Hahahahaha!!

I just saw 4 seasons of Doctor Who in the last 2 weeks. :)

I know, I knooooow... I have SO much stuff going on...

Will this random screenshot of my latest work excuse my lack of editing your clips?

mtra1.jpg

I've got exactly TWO more shots to edit on this thing and I can finally launch it after FOUR long years of work. Please bear with me. I'll give you cookies!
  • edited April 2011
    Looks epic! I can't wait to see it! :D
  • edited April 2011
    Behind the Scenes - Find out what we were planning for the other Tribute Episodes :)

I still haven't forgotten about your work, guys. Don't worry, we're getting there. Thanks for being so patient and understanding and fluffy and ...ummm...awesome! Yeah! you guys are awesome!

...cookie?
  • edited April 2011
    As long as your done before I get out of hospital :)
  • edited April 2011
    Why are you in the hospital? o.O You okay?
  • edited April 2011
    They don't entirelty know, a number of different symptoms to which they have no solid answer. Been in since Saturday and will be till at least Tuesday next week. I'm as well as nearly 6 days in a hospital makes you :)
  • edited April 2011
    Hope everything will be fine, all good thoughts be with you, my friend. Let me know if I can help in any way.
  • edited April 2011
    Wait wut...I totally forgot about this?!?! 0_o
    It has been quite some time ago....

Well good luck with whatever project you're working on Silverpetwolf. And gl to Tarasis with the hospital business.
  • edited June 2011
    tarasis wrote: »
    As long as your done before I get out of hospital :)
    Any updates Tarasis? Hope you're cured/healed by now ...
  • edited June 2011
    Jon NA wrote: »
    Any updates Tarasis? Hope you're cured/healed by now ...

Thanks for asking Jon NA. I am now out of hospital and on the mend, basically just taking it a little easy while my blood counts return to "normal". I ended up with an infection that didn't interact well with a blood condition I have which basically took me out. They didn't decide what was wrong until the day before I got out, till then they weren't sure what had happened O.o
  • edited June 2011
    A blood condition? I've never heard of it before. Hope you recover ASAP Tarasis :)
  • edited June 2011
    Jon NA wrote: »
    A blood condition? I've never heard of it before. Hope you recover ASAP Tarasis :)

Thanks. The condition I have is hereditary spherocytosis, which among other things means I am prone to anaemia (and my spleen is working overtime) and I got the virus Parvo B 19 which caused an "aplastic crisis" which they treat with a blood transfusion :)
  • edited June 2011
    Glad that it sounds like a problem that is not much of a trouble despite the name Blood Condition brings to mind. :) It's something like a hereditary allergies the way I see it.
    Wait ... Do you have to change your blood each time you get a disease or you have to do it for special ocassions?
  • edited June 2011
    Lol thats the first time I've ever had a blood transfusion. Interesting experience as I felt positively perky after a day or two (t'was only a 1 litre of blood) as it was good blood and then I crashed a bit later and returned to my normal day to day feeling :)
  • edited June 2011
    Hmmm ... The feeling of being *new* ... Must try it myself sometime :p
  • edited June 2011
    Glad to hear you're okay, tarasis. Sounds like it was a crazy ride.
  • edited July 2011
    Any updates Andrei?
  • edited July 2011
    mathman77 wrote: »
    Glad to hear you're okay, tarasis. Sounds like it was a crazy ride.

• edited July 2011
    I think I'm speaking for everyone here when I say: "We Demand updates Silverwolfpet!"
    Right guys?
    Guys?
    Tumbleweed01.gif
    *slowly walks out of the room*
  • edited July 2011
    I still have the videos around here somewhere. :p Been thinking of finishing that mini-clip of you awesome people.

Problem is: I have no idea when to do that.
  • edited July 2011
    ^ I thought you were going to work on it after the LotR parody finished, But now, As you made new projcts for yourself (Which is by no means a bad thing, It's what all creative people do IMO) I don't know eighter. If you ask me, I personally do like to see it come out in a month/a-month-and-a-half. Maybe if you could put a little bit of your day (30~40 minutes) everyday so that it's finished in a month or so ...
  • edited July 2011

There can only be one answer to that: As soon as the cheque* clears.

* Check for people in countries that spell things oddly :)
  • edited July 2011

Why don't you do it in 1985? I'd lend you my time machine, if it wasn't stolen along with my sports almanac.
  • edited July 2011
    Alright alright... :p You little...insistent...people. ^.^

I've just finished some work with Majus so I'm free for a couple of days. I'll focus on this, okay? :) That's how much I love you guys.
  • edited July 2011
    Everyone's gonna laugh of my "performance" (if you can even call it that), but not in the way it was intented to :p
  • edited July 2011
    Same here, I'm honestly terrified to see it now... hahaha
Sign in to comment in this discussion.