BTTF Tribute Episode 2

Comments

• edited January 2011
    Listen, if you want to be in it, you have to send me the clips. I cannot postpone the launch of the episode just for you to see what everyone did. You have snippets of the script and I have explained the situation to you.

I respect your 8 years of experience as an actress... but frankly, if it's so much trouble for you to film a couple of scenes, I prefer working with the less experienced people, such as my friends here and myself. It's up to you.
  • edited January 2011
    I've got the odd feeling, that either you're picky and a bit full of yourself or a troll.
    But let's see how this will turn out. Don't be a party pooper. ;)
  • edited January 2011
    Well, Now I feel completely better with that! Now that I completely understand of what I have to do, which this is going to be pretty fun! I just got to find the time to get it done! As Marty, I say,"Wait a minute, I got all the time I want! I got a time machine!"
  • edited January 2011
    Are you doing anymore of these? I would love to be in one, however I am a bit shy. Anyway, just wondering. I loved the first one, that song was really catchy!
  • edited January 2011
    Hey, Nintomster!

You're a little bit late right now, but no worries. This is just episode 2 of a 5-episode movie :) You can appear in 3,4 and 5 as well. :D

Who is your favorite character?

Update: I have received some videos, pretty darn awesome! Keep 'em coming guys!
    A song for episode 3 has been composed and I'm working right now on the intro song for episode 2.

Is there anything in particular you guys would like to see/hear?
  • edited January 2011
    I want to see Marty go to 2015 as it will probably be in 4 years, and the shock of the INTERNET.
  • edited January 2011
    Hey, Nintomster!

You're a little bit late right now, but no worries. This is just episode 2 of a 5-episode movie :) You can appear in 3,4 and 5 as well. :D

Who is your favorite character?

That's fine! See if someone is already playing a character, does that mean he/she will play them for the other videos? If so, what characters are left to play? Are we just using the film characters, or also some characters we've met so far in the game? Anyway, I may not be as good as the rest of you, but want give it a bash. It will be fun! :D
  • edited January 2011
    Nintomster wrote: »
    That's fine! See if someone is already playing a character, does that mean he/she will play them for the other videos? If so, what characters are left to play? Are we just using the film characters, or also some characters we've met so far in the game? Anyway, I may not be as good as the rest of you, but want give it a bash. It will be fun! :D

As far as I understand we play the fans who fight over roles and want to participate in a bttf re-enactment tribute.
    Gosh, it's so hard to find into that role! :D
  • edited January 2011
    TheBlueBadger is right! :D

C'mon guys, three days-no clips?! What's the hold up? Film film film and send send send!

By the way, is there anyone here who likes "Death Note" (anime)?
  • edited January 2011
    ^ no, why are you mentioning it? hints for next episode's plot are in it?
  • edited January 2011
    TheBlueBadger is right! :D

C'mon guys, three days-no clips?! What's the hold up? Film film film and send send send!

Hi. On an unrelated note, you need shots of Japan for something?
  • edited January 2011
    Sorry, will be hopefully tonight or tomorrow morning.
  • edited January 2011
    Hi. On an unrelated note, you need shots of Japan for something?

Nope, thanks. :)
    Milkman08 wrote: »
    ^ no, why are you mentioning it? hints for next episode's plot are in it?

Not exactly, I'm working on something (not BTTF related) and I wanted to know if I should announce it here or not :p
    tarasis wrote: »
    Sorry, will be hopefully tonight or tomorrow morning.

Whenever you can, just make sure you are able to speak/scream loud and clear without disturbing anyone... or at least anyone you know and love and don't want to traumatize. :p
  • edited January 2011
    Filming starts with my crew at 3 today. Had it on a schedule. :D

Posted at 8:41 A.M. where I'm at.
  • edited January 2011
    ^ Hmm, I'm wondering what's the timezone of "the Second Biggest Monkey Head you've Ever Seen"?
  • edited January 2011
    Right, count me in for the next one! Now, what character should I pick...
  • edited January 2011

I had never heard of it till this morning when someone I follow on Twitter, tweeted about how listening to the Death Note intro before going to bed was a bad plan.
  • edited January 2011
    I had never heard of it till this morning when someone I follow on Twitter, tweeted about how listening to the Death Note intro before going to bed was a bad plan.

Maybe the second opening is not the best clip to get introduced to the show. ;)
    But the anime is very interesting nonetheless!
  • edited January 2011
    Maybe the second opening is not the best clip to get introduced to the show. ;)
    But the anime is very interesting nonetheless!

Ah, didn't really take note of the "Intro 2". Just watched Intro 1 it is somewhat mellower :)

I'll have a gander soon at Ep 1.
  • edited January 2011
    SWP - You got the rest of my clips, right? Just want to make sure you aren't waiting for me. :)
  • edited January 2011
    Yes, WJ, I got the rest of your clips. Everything is in order :) Thanks.

Also, thanks for using mediafire... it is so much easier this way and faster too. I need to tell Origami to use that as well. Last time we exchanged files, I had to wait for FORTY minutes to get his files... stupid-commercial-ads-thingy-silly-stuffy-stuff-makes-you-wait.

Right now I'm waiting for the files from Milkman. He and Tarasis had the most difficult parts so I'm curious to see if he got the lines right. Otherwise...heads will roll!
  • edited January 2011
    Ok, sorry for the delay, I'll record my bits tomorrow morning, and I'll send them to you afterwards. You'll have them within 24 hours. ;)
  • edited January 2011
    I'll start recording tomorrow. I dunno if I'll be finished tomorrow. This time it's quite an amount of lines and I have to see how to deliver them. :P
    *me pretending to be a professional actor*
  • edited January 2011
    Just wrapped up shooting. Clips should be online in a day or two! (^_^)
  • edited January 2011

A day or two? Are you transmitting them by carrier pigeon? :)
  • edited January 2011
    Seeing as how the clips are too large for mediafiles, I need to find a compressor website...or put the clips on some sea turtles I wrapped together and send them SWP's way.
  • edited January 2011
    Or you could just make them smaller :P either way is fine with me.

Megaman (Milkman) is forcing me to use dropbox. Ew.
  • edited January 2011
    ^ Megaman? XD

*hypnotising* You want to use Dropbox ... you love it ... your life is meaningless without Dropbox ... You want to name all your children after Dropbox ... *hypnotising*
  • edited January 2011
    Origami wrote: »
    I'll start recording tomorrow. I dunno if I'll be finished tomorrow. This time it's quite an amount of lines and I have to see how to deliver them. :P
    *me pretending to be a professional actor*

If you need anything, let me know. :) We are all pretending to be professional actors... but only few of us succeed muahahaha! :p kidding, none of us do.

Awesome, can't wait! Thanks!
    A day or two? Are you transmitting them by carrier pigeon? :)

Said Mr. Tarasis... who should've sent the clips by now, tsk tsk tsk.:rolleyes:
    :p
    Ok, so let's see here... people who participate in the tribute:

- Alan
    - Divisionten (sent)
    - TheBlueBadger (sent)
    - Weeblerjake (sent)
    - Monkeymovies (sent)
    - Milkman08 (sent)
    - Tarasis
    - Origami
    - Trenchfoot
    - Spielbergfan1 (sent)
    - Marty1
    - Majus
    - GuestStar (Sent)

Well, that's a lot of people. I'm scared to think of episode 3's cast, haha!

We're still in schedule, but you know what they say, the sooner the better. Thanks to everyone who knew "what they say". The others have been informed of said expression.

Don't get excited about the GuestStar, it's just a friend of mine from USA. We are exchanging cameos :p I need to play the part of a dead guy in his upcoming thriller. At least I get a line! It's something like: "Aaaaaccchhhhk".

Anyway, back to our business...
    Marty1, I haven't heard anything from you.
    Trenchfoot, same goes to you, buddy. Need any help?
  • edited January 2011
    Wouldn't it be awesome if we got Michael J Fox to cameo, and Telltale didn't. :p
  • edited January 2011
    Wow, that would be epic-ly hilarious. And kind of amazing.
  • edited January 2011
    Normally, I would give it a shot and ask... but somehow it would seem inappropriate. :)

However, I'll keep the idea in mind and probably try something in episode 4 or 5.

Speaking of five...five more people to go! C'mon! We're almost there!
  • edited January 2011
    I'm done but it seems my waffling in-between made one vid 22 minutes long (previous take was 11, uploading that too), there 97mb over RapidShare 500mb limit per file (free account).

What's the problem with Dropbox again? ... Oh hang on I have my own webserver. Duh.

Uploading now ...

[EDIT]

I do apologize SWP, hopefully you won't lose to much time editing my stuff.
  • edited January 2011

I do apologize SWP, hopefully you won't lose to much time editing my stuff.

No need for apologies, I'm used to editing stuff :p Awkwardly, I prefer one long take rather than one take for each line. My PC really needs a fresh start (formatting everything)... now it looks like it runs on coal. It moves so slow... man, if it would move any slower than this, instead of rendering my clips it would probably uninstall Windows by itself.

Ahem, where was I going with this? Ah yes, I prefer longer shots due to the fact that importing a clip into the editing program takes a long time, no matter the length of the clip :) So, it's fine...

I got a PM from Marty1, she said she'll send her clips asap.
    Trenchfoooooot, hurry up please!
  • edited January 2011
    Oh, you prefer one clip? Haha... that would have been a lot easier to do...!
    Well, next time! :)
  • edited January 2011
    Oh, you prefer one clip? Haha... that would have been a lot easier to do...!
    Well, next time! :)

Well, sometimes I do, but it has proven a bit risky. For instance, monkeymovies sent in a whole clip...but forgot one line. Shhh, don't tell him that.

It's no big deal, he gave me other lines to work with and replace that one line he's missing...but that's the downside of having a single go at the lines, you can easily skip one.

...or I just totally forgot to write it in his script :D

(monkeymovies, really, if it was important I would've told you :p everything's fine)
  • edited January 2011
    I'll send mine tomorrow. Sorry for the delay but I was on a small trip with no internet.

Oh, and I have a new camera! Horray for good lighting!
  • edited January 2011
    I need to learn to trust the camera or use a mirror. I record with the front iPhone camera which is low res, could actually have "reasonable" HD output from the rear camera but I wouldn't have a clue what I'm recording :)
  • edited January 2011
    Trenchfoot wrote: »
    I'll send mine tomorrow. Sorry for the delay but I was on a small trip with no internet.

Oh, and I have a new camera! Horray for good lighting!

I think you have traumatized me, more or less, since I feel the need to tell you: a good camera placed against the sun doesn't do "hooray for good lighting" :D Ok, that's it, I'll shut up now, you work, gogogo.
    I need to learn to trust the camera or use a mirror. I record with the front iPhone camera which is low res, could actually have "reasonable" HD output from the rear camera but I wouldn't have a clue what I'm recording :)

Oh...my...God. :eek:
    Tarasis... you made about 35 takes for Every. Single. Line.
    You are... I'm not sure what you are... But thank you! I've got plenty of stuff to work with! I have enough takes to give away for free! ...wait, no, I won't do that.
    TheBlueBadger did many takes as well and I'm grateful when I have this many options on a single line.

Sure... 35 takes are (usually) more than enough. Most of the time I work with 2-5.

So, once more, thank you! I have enough material to blackmail you when you'll become famous due to our videos. Which is a bit ironic.

Regarding the HD-thing with the back of the iPhone... it takes some time to get used to it. Maybe you can play around with that on episode 3. Or film two versions, one with the front cam, one with the back cam. Either way, it's fine with me. Only problem, the front cam records in a 4:3 format...which I have to cut in half to obtain the 16:9 format (widescreen). But that's not a big deal. :) As long as you don't stand too close to the cam.

Origami? How are you doing there, dude?

Small update on the project: I bought some stuff today and some thingies that look AWESOME! I can't tell you what they are because it's a surprise... :p

The overall script is almost finished. The intro song is almost finished. Filming has been scheduled. I just hope the weather helps.
  • edited January 2011
    Oh...my...God. :eek:
    Tarasis... you made about 35 takes for Every. Single. Line.

*cough* Only on some of them ... *whistles*
    You are... I'm not sure what you are...

I'd go with insane, bored, unable to tell whats a good take ... um ... undisciplined ... getting carried away with the moment ... yes thats it, I go caught up in the moment.
    But thank you! I've got plenty of stuff to work with! I have enough takes to give away for free! ...wait, no, I won't do that.
    TheBlueBadger did many takes as well and I'm grateful when I have this many options on a single line.

Sure... 35 takes are (usually) more than enough. Most of the time I work with 2-5.

I'll try and be more ... frugal? circumspect? ... next time; maybe.
    So, once more, thank you! I have enough material to blackmail you when you'll become famous due to our videos. Which is a bit ironic.

Regarding the HD-thing with the back of the iPhone... it takes some time to get used to it. Maybe you can play around with that on episode 3. Or film two versions, one with the front cam, one with the back cam. Either way, it's fine with me. Only problem, the front cam records in a 4:3 format...which I have to cut in half to obtain the 16:9 format (widescreen). But that's not a big deal. :) As long as you don't stand too close to the cam.

Okay. I didn't really realise that the front was 4:3 but it makes sense. Which didn't therefore help with the Xmas vid when I had the camera in Portrait, explains the extra close shots :)

I'll have a play around and see how it goes, def try and get something for part 3 assuming I have anything left to record ;) ... Actually, if you'd like some extra takes done in daylight I could do some tomorrow morning ... I jest, don't need to give you more work to do.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.