The Puzzle Agent 2 Waiting Thread

Comments

• edited June 2011
    Why did the iOS versions come out first?
  • edited June 2011
    During all of this waiting, I am spending way too much on all of those Steam deals today. The sooner this comes out the more money I will have tomorrow.
  • edited June 2011

Because god loves them more?
  • edited June 2011

Probably because they needed Apple to approve the App for launch, so they submitted it a few weeks ago, and it's been ready since.

They're probably letting PA2 propagate through the servers right now to allow for quicker downloads...
  • edited June 2011
    Posted by Alan June 29, 2011

Guys (and girls) - Puzzle Agent 2 launches tomorrow, June 30 (Pacific Time business hours)

If close of business is 5pm, they've now missed the deadline, as interpretted by their Alan.

I'm going to wait anyway unless someone from Telltale posts to say it won't be until 8pm their time or something.
  • edited June 2011
    guys, this happened last year. they're gonna cut it really friggin close, but it'll come out today.
  • edited June 2011
    -.- I'm speechless. Puzzle Agent 2 is now out on Steam and every core telltale gamer still have to be patient.
  • edited June 2011
    Zyrocz wrote: »
    -.- I'm speechless. Puzzle Agent 2 is now out on Steam and every core telltale gamer still have to be patient.

It's out on Steam?! That means that the game is ready for PC and Mac users, yet Telltale still hasn't released it on their site!
  • edited June 2011
    I know, aftet the whole Jurassic Park incident you should atleast think they would manage to pull off their next release without troubles.
  • edited June 2011
    Puzzle Agent 2 is coming today. Very soon in fact.

Telltale's business hours do often go until around 6:30-7 pm (Pacific Time).
  • edited June 2011
    It's also not yet available on Steam at this moment. The artwork is getting pushed out, but if you add it to cart it says that they couldn't add the item.
  • edited June 2011
    Puzzle Agent 2 is coming today. Very soon in fact.

Telltale's business hours do often go until around 6:30-7 pm (Pacific Time).

Yesss!!!! Someone please give this man a cookie! Then give the rest of the jar to the release monkeys before Kringle notices it's gone.
  • edited June 2011
    Midnight releases: clearly something that telltale doesn't do. It is after midnight here.
  • edited June 2011
    tbm1986 wrote: »
    Yesss!!!! Someone please give this man a cookie! Then give the rest of the jar to the release monkeys before Kringle notices it's gone.

"What are you doing with my cookies?!" -Arnold Schwarzenegger
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2011
    henke37 wrote: »
    Midnight releases: clearly something that telltale doesn't do. It is after midnight here.

We almost never do midnight releases (I think we may have for Wallace & Gromit for some reason)!

The game's nearly out. Thanks for waiting around ;)
  • edited June 2011
    Jake wrote: »
    We almost never do midnight releases (I think we may have for Wallace & Gromit for some reason)!

The game's nearly out. Thanks for waiting around ;)

Yay!
  • edited June 2011
    How very, very annoying.
  • edited June 2011
    I decided to try to cancel my pre-order and get a refund.
  • edited June 2011

Well, mystery solved. Apparently Isaac Davner is just sitting in front of a computer waiting for Puzzle Agent 2 to come out.
  • edited June 2011
    Whee! Looking forward to it. Hope I didn't sound impatient. Waiting threads are just too fun not to participate in.
  • edited June 2011
    Why is there no Mac version on Steam?
  • edited June 2011

:confused: You do realize they have not missed their advertised promised date right?
  • edited June 2011
    Thanks for the updates, Alan and Jake. Good to know it's still coming. I was starting to worry.
  • SegSeg
    edited June 2011
    Bryko614 wrote: »
    Why is there no Mac version on Steam?

There is a Mac version on Steam and it should be SteamPlay. It's currently being looked into why it's not showing up with that, SteamPlay, and some other metadata.
  • edited June 2011
    Its only going to be 6pm where TTG is... its not time to worry yet.
  • edited June 2011
    Dance.

Dance ansty dance.

Antsy update dance.

Dancy antsy dance.

We can dance.

(where are you gaaaaaame)
  • edited June 2011
    Irishmile wrote: »
    :confused: You do realize they have not missed their advertised promised date right?

A lot of europeens still feels cheated considering that it is the 1st of july. In my opinion Telltale should launch the game at the same time for each time zone, that way everyone would get it at the 30th.
  • edited June 2011

Considering the statement "Puzzle Agent 2 launches tomorrow, June 30 (Pacific Time business hours)" it does appear to be late.

And I imagine the chap's frustration is compounded by the fact that it is available on the App Store, it is available on Steam, in fact it is only not available to those who paid first, pre-ordered and don't want to pay twice.
  • edited June 2011
    Ninja'd
  • edited June 2011
    Its only going to be 6pm where TTG is... its not time to worry yet.

I was only worried because I thought Telltale's business hours were until 6. Alan set me straight there. :o
  • edited June 2011
    A lot of europeens still feels cheated considering that it is the 1st of july. In my opinion Telltale should launch the game at the same time for each time zone, that way everyone would get it at the 30th.

Everyone gets it at the same time... what you just proposed is silly.
  • edited June 2011
    PA2 spoilers:
    Bearalopes
    ? YAY!
  • edited June 2011

But with that logic, some people would get it early and then that would ruin it for me here in the central timezone. The timezones of the world can be tricky and sometimes annoying, but its something we must deal with. I just want to go back to Scoggins already.
  • edited June 2011
    It's out on Steam?! That means that the game is ready for PC and Mac users, yet Telltale still hasn't released it on their site!

I thought it was ready a while back anyway. They had a contest where a few people won the ability to download it on the 13th, didn't they?
  • edited June 2011
    I would really feel bad for Hawaiians if everyone got it according to their timezones.... well I would if they didn't live in paradise.
  • edited June 2011
    PA2 spoilers:
    Bearalopes
    ? YAY!

MLP_WHY_WOULD_YOU_POST_THAT.gif?1297234373

You are pretty much taunting everyone who doesn't have it yet man

You are pretty much not a total bro

You are only an average bro
  • edited June 2011
    Considering the statement "Puzzle Agent 2 launches tomorrow, June 30 (Pacific Time business hours)" it does appear to be late.

And I imagine the chap's frustration is compounded by the fact that it is available on the App Store, it is available on Steam, in fact it is only not available to those who paid first, pre-ordered and don't want to pay twice.

I probably shouldn't have advertised this. :(

But yeah, you hit the nail on the head there, Childofcain. What you said plus the fact that my free copy of PA1 doesn't work for my friend even though he meets the system requirements and I was wanting to cancel this pre-order and buy it on Steam anyway so I could give a copy to a friend that hopefully works and have other Steam benefits, but I didn't because I was holding out for early access.

I also have personal reasons that included hoping it would improve my day.

@Suraht Actually the contest winners only got their copies sent late yesterday apparently.
  • Macfly77Macfly77 Moderator
    edited June 2011
    Suraht wrote: »
    I thought it was ready a while back anyway. They had a contest where a few people won the ability to download it on the 13th, didn't they?

Actually, I believe that the contest winners only got the game yesterday (around 12.38 PM PDT).
  • edited June 2011
    2am UK time July 1st, so where's Puzzle Agent 2? Telltale arn't usually this late on launch days, is the game broken and undergoing some emergency work?
  • edited June 2011
    Ash735 wrote: »
    2am UK time July 1st, so where's Puzzle Agent 2? Telltale arn't usually this late on launch days, is the game broken and undergoing some emergency work?

June 30th. By Close of TellTale. PST, which is -8 hrs GMT. We still have about an hour to go.

Seriously, why is this is hard for people to realize?
Sign in to comment in this discussion.