The Puzzle Agent 2 Waiting Thread

124»

Comments

• edited June 2011
    Its not broken... or needing to be fixed its coming... I would bet any minute now.
  • edited June 2011
    josephmatt wrote: »
    June 30th. By Close of TellTale. PST, which is -8 hrs GMT. We still have about an hour to go.

Seriously, why is this is hard for people to realize?

Because past games have usually came out by now, such as all the previous BTTF episodes, Sam & Max, etc, I've not seen an episode take this long to come out before.
  • edited June 2011
    MLP_WHY_WOULD_YOU_POST_THAT.gif?1297234373

You are pretty much taunting everyone who doesn't have it yet man

You are pretty much not a total bro

You are only an average bro

Relax, relax. It was just a passing reference by one of the characters. There aren't any of...those(as far as I know, unless those are now in league with the gnomes, which would be freaking awesome, but unlikely).

Yeah, I can be a bit of a jerk sometimes.
  • edited June 2011
    I love launch days.... they are so fun.
  • edited June 2011
    Ash735 wrote: »
    Because past games have usually came out by now, such as all the previous BTTF episodes, Sam & Max, etc, I've not seen an episode take this long to come out before.

http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18967
  • edited June 2011
    josephmatt wrote: »
    June 30th. By Close of TellTale. PST, which is -8 hrs GMT. We still have about an hour to go.

Seriously, why is this is hard for people to realize?

Um isn't it summer? PDT? GMT-7 i.e. not, and let's be honest, "business hours"
  • edited June 2011

Now that you've reminded me, Rise of the Pirate God also didn't arrive until about 3am either! Must be holding them back to drum up the finales :p
  • edited June 2011
    Some of you sound like a JG Wentworth commercial and it makes me giggle.
  • edited June 2011
    im glad i didnt wait up all day and night for this to launch it should be out in less than 2 hours Right??? :confused:
  • edited June 2011
    IT'S OUT! Booyah!
  • edited June 2011
    Oh hai PA2...
  • edited June 2011
    Link's up!
  • edited June 2011
    There we go, downloading now.
  • edited June 2011
    Here it is... at last :)
  • edited June 2011
    What? The site didn't even go down.
  • edited June 2011
    LOL... I guess we will just have to accept that.
  • edited June 2011
    Wheeeee!!!
  • edited June 2011
    unled1lf.jpg
  • edited June 2011
    About time.
  • edited June 2011
    Wow it's nearly finished downloading. That's much faster than I was expecting. The Hidden People must have something to do with it.
  • edited June 2011
    FREAKING #$% I'm going to break something. Of course Puzzle Agent 2 is giving me the same log-in problem as Back to the Future on this computer! I contacted support over a week ago about it and posted in the forums about it but nothing. *sigh* I've got to find a way to fix this....

Puzzle Agent 2's probably not as graphics/processor intensive as BttF though, maybe I'll just play it on the old laptop.
  • edited June 2011
    its only 33 puzzles but seems longer.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2011
    Nagaoka wrote: »
    FREAKING #$% I'm going to break something. Of course Puzzle Agent 2 is giving me the same log-in problem as Back to the Future on this computer! I contacted support over a week ago about it and posted in the forums about it but nothing. *sigh* I've got to find a way to fix this....

Puzzle Agent 2's probably not as graphics/processor intensive as BttF though, maybe I'll just play it on the old laptop.

What's your issue? You can send me a PM if you'd like. No guarantees I can help, though, as I'm not actually on the TTG support team, but I'll do what I can!
  • edited July 2011
    The problem is that sometimes, if the TT website is down and not accessible, when you launch the laucher it hangs trying to connect to the website. In BTTF happened me dozen of times that the window's launcher appears without the "Play" button, so you cannot start the game until the website goes up again. I resolved this by turning off my modem/router before launching it, so it fails to check for the broken website and it "understands" that I'm playing offline and let me play.

I hope it's clear what I mean. :P
  • edited July 2011
    It happened yesterday at midnight (Italy time). The Telltale website was down (at least from my position) and the launcher hung like that until I decided to close it and launch it again after turning down my router:

immaginegq.jpg
  • edited July 2011
    That's not the issue I'm getting, if that's what you're referring to. The log in page shows up just fine.
  • edited July 2011
    It happened yesterday at midnight (Italy time). The Telltale website was down (at least from my position) and the launcher hung like that until I decided to close it and launch it again after turning down my router:

[IMG][/img]

A simple way to fix this (until Telltale releases a patch, that is) is to go offline before you launch the game. That is, turn off your wireless, pull out your Ethernet cable (or w/e it's called in English...), and the launcher will... launch, in offline mode, allowing you to play the game.
  • edited July 2011
    Alex IDV wrote: »
    A simple way to fix this (until Telltale releases a patch, that is) is to go offline before you launch the game. That is, turn off your wireless, pull out your Ethernet cable (or w/e it's called in English...), and the launcher will... launch, in offline mode, allowing you to play the game.

Isn't that exactly what he wrote in the post you're quoting?
  • edited July 2011
    Yes. Can't you just disable your NIC in Windows? Seems much easier than shutting down your router or manually disconnecting cables.

Still, the launcher is nothing but an annoyance, if you ask me. It takes forever to start, and after the game takes forever to load again, and all I ever use it for is to start/exit the game proper.

I bet it's the pet project of some high-ranking Telltale staff member, because from a user experience perspective it is terrible and should have been killed years ago, yet somehow I am burdened by this annoying piece of crap every single time I want to play one of Telltale's games.
  • edited July 2011
    Soultaker wrote: »
    Still, the launcher is nothing but an annoyance, if you ask me. It takes forever to start, and after the game takes forever to load again, and all I ever use it for is to start/exit the game proper.

I bet it's the pet project of some high-ranking Telltale staff member, because from a user experience perspective it is terrible and should have been killed years ago, yet somehow I am burdened by this annoying piece of crap every single time I want to play one of Telltale's games.

Yeah, it's also the biggest obstacle when running Telltale Games' games with Wine on Linux.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.