Batman General Discussion Thread

Comments

• edited October 2011
    I watched Under the Red Hood on Netflix the other night. It was pretty good, but John DiMaggio voiced Joker and while I'm sure I can grudgingly accept someone other than Mark Hamill as his voice, I can't do it when my brain keeps thinking "Bender!" every time he talks.
  • edited October 2011
    Yeah it's weird to say but DiMaggio may be a little too prolific a voice actor
  • edited October 2013
    In the new Batman Legends comic this happens..
    This is continuing the last issue btw Joker has tricked Robin into a room and gives him the Koker toxic and makes him smile and ill even give some lines from the start ''Joker: ow that's harsh and all because my nail polish doesn't match my eyeshadow? You don't know how tough it can be to get the right shade of poison these days'' Robin: *is starting to smile* '' .....naaaa... hkk nah-ha ha-ha'' Joker:''A smiling robin a laughing young daredevil that's the way i like it''

can anyone tell me if anyone has read this issue of batman legend yet because i would like to hear wat u guys think of it
  • edited October 2011
    i live in the uk and in the new batman legends comic this happens..
    this is contunineing the last issue btw joker has tricked robin into a room and fives him the joker toxic and makes him smile and ill even give some lines from the start ''joker: aow that's harsh and all because my nail polish doesn't match my eyeshadow? you don't know how tough it can be to get the right shade of poison these days'' robin: *is starting to smile* .....naaaa... hkk nah-ha ha-ha'' joker:''A smileing robin a laughing young daredevil that's the way i like it''

can anyone tell me if anyone has read this issue of batman legend yet because i would like to hear wat u guys think of it

I haven't heard this, but, at least in North America, Batman has been reset in almost every form as Bruce Wayne, Damien as Robin, Dick as Nightwing, Tim as Red Robin. I'm not too hurt by this as the last story I've read was Hush, I just had to read up on where this Damien kid came from.
  • edited October 2011
    Scnew wrote: »
    I now have a desire to see more of the Joker at his most sadistic/hilarious. Any recommendations on good graphic novels to pick up? Or how about the Batman Year One DVD?

The man who laughs and the killing Joke two of the best.
  • edited October 2011
    Icedhope wrote: »

Yes. THIS.
  • edited October 2011
    Icedhope wrote: »

Yep. Fully agree. These. As for DVD; Under The Red Hood shows the most graphic side of his psychosis. In comics, most of his torture is psychological or campy physical. The graphic physical violence attributed to the Joker in the comics came when the art wasn't what it is today. Killing Joke is the happy medium of modern art and disturbing subject matter though.
  • edited October 2011
    Is the comic Emperor Joker any good?
  • edited October 2011
    Do you like reading about a lobotomized Batman?
  • edited October 2011
    DAISHI wrote: »
    Do you like reading about a lobotomized Batman?

Who doesn't?
  • edited October 2011
    Thanks to Arkham City and this thread, I have now spent like another $70 on Batman things. Moore's The Killing Joke, Brubaker's The Man Who Laughs, and Azzarello's The Joker, plus the first volume of the animated series and the Batman Beyond Return of the Joker DVD.

Batman is just so awesome. I'm usually a bit of a Marvel Zombie when it comes to all things comics, Batman is the only DC character I really give a crap about. Someone transport Gotham City to the Marvel universe so I can see Batman somehow take down the Hulk or something.
  • edited October 2011
    Some of the best purchases you'll ever make.
  • edited October 2011
    Actually, don't put Gotham into the Marvel Universe because then Wolverine or the Punisher would just kill Joker and be done with it.
  • edited October 2011
    I don't think Joker is actually killable, in the continuity of the main DC Universe. He's more akin to a force of nature, sort of the embodiment of chaos.
  • edited October 2011
    Just because he hasn't been killed doesn't mean it's impossible for him to die. And it doesn't hurt that the person he battles 95% of the time refuses to kill.
  • edited October 2011
    He dies in DCAU though
    . Not same connuity but still.
  • edited October 2011
    I think in a way, there always has to be a joker.

There has to be a Batman.

Hero and nemesis, battling it out until the end.
  • edited October 2011
    coolsome wrote: »
    He dies in DCAU though
    . Not same connuity but still.
    He dies in Arkham City too but that's my point, he's not killable in the main continuity.
  • edited October 2011
    Joker dies in Batman Beyond Return of the Joker in a flashback it shows he kidnapped Robin and brainwashed him and made him tell all of his secrets including Bruce Wayne is Batman and he turns Robin into J.J (Joker Junior) and believe me he looks like Joker and if you want to see the entire part go to Youtube and type in Joker dies in Batman Beyond Return of the Joker
  • edited November 2011
    XD funny
  • edited November 2011
    Has anyone seen Batman Year One? I liked it though it seemed to be more like Commissioner Gordon Year One. :p
  • edited November 2011
    thats funny :D
  • edited November 2011
    So I watched the Batman: Year One animated movie. It's basically exactly the comic book, no more no less. Nothing too exciting but nothing to complain about.
  • edited October 2013
    What would you give it out of 10?
  • edited November 2011
    Just pre-purchased Arkham City on Steam. Now in six days I can be in the loop.
  • edited November 2011
    coolsome wrote: »
    Has anyone seen Batman Year One? I liked it though it seemed to be more like Commissioner Gordon Year One. :p

I saw it on Pay-Per-View. It was pretty good, but it reminded me too much of Batman Begins.
  • edited November 2011
    Finished Arkham Asylum last night for the second time on PC. Pre-ordered Arkham City from Gamers Gate; I can't wait to play it, I've heard nothing but good things about it.
  • edited October 2013
    I still need to find The Riddler trophies in Arkham Asylum and replay it in normal and hard mode.
  • edited December 2011
    Ok, just beat it. To whoever said the ending was stupid, I completely disagree.
  • edited December 2011

Arkham City?
  • edited December 2011
    There is much much talk on the AC forum that the ending isnt what it seems...and after playing through a second time and paying more attention, I have to agree. Too many clues to the contrary.
  • edited December 2011
    Johro wrote: »
    There is much much talk on the AC forum that the ending isnt what it seems...and after playing through a second time and paying more attention, I have to agree. Too many clues to the contrary.

Even though the clues for
    Clayface's appearance as Joker
    were there from the first visit to the Steel Mill, I totally missed it. I wouldn't be surprised if there was more I missed.
    I did find it sad when replaying the first Catwoman level, the painting that Two-Face's safe is behind is set up just like the last scene where Batman is carrying Joker's body out of Arkham City. Also, I refuse to believe that R'as and Talia are gone for good. R'as is too diabolical and far too clever, no matter how they try not to be overly supernatural with it, to have only ONE Lazarus Pit! And his body is gone soon after Batman heads for the theater, so obviously his ninjas did what ninjas do best, and I'm sure Talia's guard would've done the same for her body.
  • edited December 2011
    but did u find the thing that hints to a third game?
  • edited December 2011

Nothing stupid about it. They bring Batman full circle, having him confront the Joker at the site of his parent's death.
  • edited October 2013
    Nothing stupid about it. They bring Batman full circle, having him confront the Joker at the site of his parent's death.

Yeah and Batman finally got revenge for Joker murdering his parents
  • edited December 2011
    That only happened in the Batman movie :P
  • edited December 2011
    That only happened in the Batman movie :P

no in the ending
    batman fights crayface and joker and even if Batman didnt kill joker. Batman did hit joker a lot in another boss fight
  • edited December 2011
    yeah and Batman finally got revenge for joker murdering his parents
    no in the ending
    batman fights crayface and joker and even if Batman didnt kill joker. Batman did hit joker a lot in another boss fight

Joker didn't murder Bruce Wayne's parents. That was something invented by Tim Burton. Bruce Wayne's parents were killed by a mugger named Joe Chill.
    That other boss fight was against Clayface BEING THE JOKER! That was the whole point of the ending!

EDIT: OMG, just realized this. Bruce's mother was named Martha. Clark Kent's adopted human mother was also named Martha.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.