Batman General Discussion Thread

Comments

• edited December 2011
    I agree with the posts above me. Having Batman die in Dark Knight Rises would be an extremely memorable way of finishing off the Nolan-Batman trilogy.
  • edited December 2011
    So I heard the audio from the prologue. Bane sounds menacing...he's like a cross between General Grievous and Darth Vader and Hannibal Lecter and a million accents rolled into some accent of unknown origin. His voice is deep, and low, and methodical, and synthesized, and labored, choosing each word carefully. He sounds very powerful. Everyone around him sounds ready to shit their pants at his presence.
  • edited December 2011
    So I heard the audio from the prologue. Bane sounds menacing...he's like a cross between General Grievous and Darth Vader and Hannibal Lecter and a million accents rolled into some accent of unknown origin. His voice is deep, and low, and methodical, and synthesized, and labored, choosing each word carefully. He sounds very powerful. Everyone around him sounds ready to shit their pants at his presence.

Good. He's supposed to be a genius....not... well, not what Joel did.
  • edited December 2011
    Though Joel blew everything in that movie.
  • edited December 2011
    Basically, the first voice that says "DEHSHAY- BASARA" and sounds synthesized and vicious in the Bane chant and starts the chant off.

That's Bane's voice...except when he speaks it's low and deep and he speaks with menace and purpose.
  • edited December 2011
    Sounds alright to me. I'm definitely on Bane's side here. Besides my opinion that Bruce Wayne has to go down in this movie, I never did like Bale. Personally, I thought immediately upon seeing the cast list, that the mantle will be passed on. After checking online views, I'm starting to see a lot of people came to the same conclusion.
  • edited December 2011
    Johro wrote: »
    Sounds alright to me. I'm definitely on Bane's side here. Besides my opinion that Bruce Wayne has to go down in this movie, I never did like Bale. Personally, I thought immediately upon seeing the cast list, that the mantle will be passed on. After checking online views, I'm starting to see a lot of people came to the same conclusion.

I liked Bale for the most part, but I still hate his Batman voice. So annoying. Why couldn't he look at how Batman was voiced in the animated series?
  • edited December 2011
    I loved his voice in Begins, but he overdid it a bit in TDK. I don't mind it, though. I think his SWEAR TO ME scene in Begins is one of film's greatest scenes. I don't know what changed between that and TDK but it wasn't quite the same type of Batman voice.
  • edited December 2011
    It too growly in TDK.
  • edited December 2011
    I just rewatched the Begins version, and I really think it was amplified in post or something. It has this timber to it and this volume that feels like it's echoing throughout Bale's throat and the environment. In TDK it sounds like instead of letting the editing department amplify it he tried to do all of it himself. I could be wrong though, and I have read he did it all himself, but if so, he did not do it the same way in both movies.

EDIT: It's more authoritative, intimidating, and even angry in Begins. In TDK it just sounds out of breath.
  • edited December 2011
    But the question now is.... will he do it differently after everyone publicly trashed it? Would it remove you from the movie if he gave in that way? It IS 8 years later. Could've eased into being Batman.

Should he change it now? It is an interesting question.
  • edited December 2011
    I wouldn't mind his voice from Begins.
  • edited December 2011
    Guys, I hate saying this. I know everyone's assuming that he kept being the Batman during the 8 year time span. My question is, why would he? More to the point, if he had been doing his Batman thing, why would the teaser shown have had Gordon saying that Gotham needs the Batman back? I think he's been spending the 8 years as Bruce. Just Bruce.
  • edited December 2011
    What I read is that the eight year span with Harvey Dent's name untarnished has had serious impact on Gotham, making it a better place and causing things to die down quite a lot. I doubt Batman's needed during that. I would be okay with Batman being a mantle passed down, like the Phantom and Zorro, even if it was different from the comics.
  • edited December 2011
    That actually was pretty funny.
  • edited January 2012
    What was?
  • edited January 2012
    What was?

It was a quote from the game.
  • edited January 2012
    Did anyone ever watch the Batman Vs The Dark Knight Old VS New Nostalgia Critic?
  • edited January 2012
    did anyone ever watch the Batman Vs The Dark Knight old vs new nostalgia critic?

I did. I mostly agreed with it and as good as both films were, the only problem I had with the 89 film was the ending, while 'Knight had minor annoyances throughout. Some didn't like how not much was explained in the 89 film and Batman himself had little character development. Personally, I liked that aspect, the viewer is a spectator. Batman is supposed to be a mystery.
  • edited January 2012
    did anyone ever watch the Batman Vs The Dark Knight old vs new nostalgia critic?

Yeah I just came to the opposite conclusion. DK was a better movie throughout.
  • edited January 2012
    I loved TDK. But Batman 89 will always be the best Batman ever to me. And I prefer Jack Nicholson.
  • edited January 2012
    Tim Burton's Batman seems to have THOSE kind of moments that I can't help but to... DISAGREE with. One of them is how it tries to explain the backstory of Joker. Nothing wrong with the idea of doing it, but I've always thought like an enormously twisted psyche such as his just cannot spark from "there", by which I mean where the character of Jack Nicholson starts from. I ADORED the way TDK handles the Joker; nobody has any single idea where he comes from. He's a spark of unpredictability and the true minority everyone else tries to bury away by diplomacy and even his roots (or lack thereof) reflect to this. Also in Tim Burton's version they kind of butchered Batman mythology, imo, as they destroyed the whole character of Joe Chill just to give more emphasis on the Joker, while the said emphasis of the threat of Joker could be given in much more effective ways. I also find Batman 89 to be painfully melodramatic, but some other person might come and slap me in the face by claiming that TDK is too cold and emotionless (which is another debatable point). So... yeah...

...I liked X-Men First Class a lot, on the other hand.
    DAISHI wrote: »
    Yeah I just came to the opposite conclusion. DK was a better movie throughout.

Same here. Can't really judge Doug for his conclusion as he seems to be too used to the Batman he was exposed to during his childhood. There are a lot of common points between Tim Burton's first Batman movie and the first seasons of animated series (which he's a fan of), and I, for one, find both of them too carried away with the comic-book feel.
  • edited January 2012
    Johro wrote: »
    It was a quote from the game.

Gee, wouldn't have ever guessed that from the lack of quotation marks.:rolleyes:
  • edited January 2012
    Gee, wouldn't have ever guessed that from the lack of quotation marks.:rolleyes:

If I put quotation marks then everyone would know its a quote.:rolleyes:
  • edited January 2012
    I love the guy who voiced the Penguin in Arkham City. But I think it would be better with Danny Devito voicing him.
  • edited January 2012
    I lost my freaking save file for Arkham City and I can't get it back. Screw GFWL.
  • edited January 2012
    How far were you in it?
  • edited January 2012
    I lost my freaking save file for Arkham City and I can't get it back. Screw GFWL.

Oh yes. That monstrosity almost killed Bioshock 2 for me.
  • edited January 2012
    coolsome wrote: »
    I love the guy who voiced the Penguin in Arkham City. But I think it would be better with Danny Devito voicing him.

As much as I love "that guy who is in everything" Mr. Nolan North, I agree that Danny Devito would have been a better choice!
  • edited January 2012
    how far were u in it?

I beat the single player main story and was slowly working my way at finishing the side missions and the Riddler riddles. I had also met a few of the challenges. I'm not starting over again. I freaking hate GFWL. This should have been a Steamworks game.
  • edited January 2012
    What's GFWL?
  • edited January 2012
    Games for Windows Live.
  • edited January 2012
    It's the second eivilest game client, bested only by the malwaric worm known only as 'Origin'.
  • edited January 2012
    GFWL do send game trophies right to my phone.... I know its not much... but its kinda cool.
  • edited January 2012
    Has this been posted yet?
    tumblr_kr5p9uf4Pf1qzt0gko1_500.gif
    I love how language evolves to make even seemingly innocent words have sexual connotations.
  • edited January 2012
    Wth is a boner anyway?
  • edited January 2012
    A screwup, I think.
  • edited January 2012
    Yeah, like when something bad happens and you say, "I'm boned".
  • edited January 2012
    Wth is a boner anyway?

When a man gets rly excited...
  • edited January 2012
    coolsome wrote: »
    When a man gets rly excited...
    ...and misspells "really".
Sign in to comment in this discussion.