Batman General Discussion Thread

Comments

• edited January 2012
    Johro wrote: »
    ...and misspells "really".

It's not a misspelling its text talk.
  • edited January 2012
    I know...it was a joke... you see, for the sake of humour... oh never mind.
  • edited January 2012
    I know...it was a joke... you see, for the sake of humour... oh never mind.

1094181-joker_facepalm_super.jpg

"And I thought MY jokes were bad."
  • edited January 2012
    coolsome wrote: »
    It's not a misspelling its text talk.

It's misspelling.
  • edited January 2012
    Penguin was shot in the knee with an arrow which cost him half his territory to Two-Face.

blanktn.png
  • edited January 2012
    It's misspelling.

He's just trying to cover up his boner.
    :p
  • edited January 2012
    Friar wrote: »

So you laugh at my boner!? IL SHOW YOU HOW MANY BONERS COOLSOME CAN MAKE!!!
  • edited January 2012
    1094181-joker_facepalm_super.jpg

"And I thought MY jokes were bad."

Reiterating myself... Geez coolsome.:p
  • edited January 2012
    Reiterating myself... Geez coolsome.:p

joker.jpg

The fish thought it was funny.
  • edited January 2012
    Friar wrote: »

I died laughing, but if you gotta go, GO WITH A SMILE.
  • edited January 2012
    I bought a Batman costume for a Halloween party tomorrow. Couple that with my amazing Batman voice, and you've got yourself a genuine goddamn Batman.

Wrong. You are not a genuine Batman unless you are actually Bruce Wayne.
  • edited January 2012
    Or Michael Keaton.
  • edited January 2012
    Or Michael Keaton.

Or Kevin Conroy. Or Christian Bale. Screw Adam West.
  • edited January 2012
    No. Michael Keaton is the only living man (other than a hypothetical actual Bruce Wayne) who can actually truthfully say that he is genuinely Batman. Period.
  • edited January 2012
    No. Michael Keaton is the only living man (other than a hypothetical actual Bruce Wayne) who can actually truthfully say that he is genuinely Batman. Period.

Kevin Conroy's Bruce Wayne was good in mask of the phantasm.
  • edited January 2012
    Conry comes close...so very very close. But he only has the voice of Batman. While Christian Bale really does not. They both lack in that respect. Michael Keaton, however, has it goin' on.
  • edited January 2012
    Is this thread safe from Arkham City spoilers? I have been avoiding it just in case.
  • edited January 2012
    Chyron8472 wrote: »
    Is this thread safe from Arkham City spoilers? I have been avoiding it just in case.

Well there are spoiler tags but a plot point got ruined when someone stated something about a character then had spoiler tag but didn't mention it was an arkham city spoiler till you clicked it. And spoilers will proboly be thrown out by new members who don't know how to use spoiler tags.
  • edited January 2012
    I think all spoilers got cleaned up. Most of this thread has been just random Batman talk for a while now.
  • edited January 2012
    I like Keaton's Batman movies, except the songs by Prince are really annoying.
  • edited January 2012
    Chyron8472 wrote: »
    I like Keaton's Batman movies, except the songs by Prince are really annoying.

I agree. Both also had strong supporting casts.
  • edited January 2012
    I started another new game in Arkham city its awesome playing through it again!
  • edited January 2012
    I suffered the save game deletion bug (freaking GFWL) so I deleted the game. I don't feel like going all through it again.
  • edited January 2012
    My 2 favourite skins are The Dark Knight Returns one and The Animated Series one.

batman_arkham_city_skin_dark_knight.jpg

batman_arkham_city_skin_animated.jpg
  • edited January 2012
    Animated looks odd in 3D... but playing as animated Catwoman is WELL worth picking the animated Batman skin. The Inc. Batman looked alright.
  • edited January 2012
    My 2 favourite skins are The Dark Knight Returns one and The Animated Series one.

batman_arkham_city_skin_dark_knight.jpg

batman_arkham_city_skin_animated.jpg

It's good but they should make a pack that makes Batman talk like Christian Bale from The Dark Knight where he shouts I'M THE BATMAN :eek:
  • edited January 2012
    I would have loved to have seen some movie licensed Batman skins. Like the Adam West Batman, Keaton's Batman, Bale's Batman. Even the ridiculous action figure overboard suits from Batman and Robin.

TDK Batman looks like a BEAST. That 60+ year old Batman will knock you to a PULP.
  • edited January 2012
    Adam West's hiked tights are a bit odd for action, but Burton's batsuit would be awesome!!!! @#$%ing great!

When's this new Nintendo console coming? I know they planned some real DLC and I'm sure they're waiting for this console release to do it.
  • edited January 2012
    Adam West's hiked tights are a bit odd for action, but Burton's batsuit would be awesome!!!! @#$%ing great!

When's this new Nintendo console coming? I know they planned some real DLC and I'm sure they're waiting for this console release to do it.

The Wii U is supposedly going to come out the second half of this year. We'll have to see what they say at E3 this year. I hope that there's plenty of games to get for this console.

And I would love to have more skins at some point.
  • edited January 2012
    Considering that they've mentioned "episodes" more than a few times, I would assume that they are planning to ride this release for a while...I think that they are more than open to releasing as much as possible in the meantime. If enough people request a skin, it could happen. Short of a traditional Azrael skin, they pretty much have made all the textures they need to throw most of the skins together at minimal cost. This game made enough money, I don't see them bailing on any plans.
  • edited January 2012
    Which movie will be better this year Dark Knight Rises or Dark Knight Returns. I think Returns cos I love that comic.
  • edited January 2012
    Which movie will be better this year Dark Knight Rises or Dark Knight Returns. I think Returns cos I love that comic.
    I like the Year One comic, but the animated adaptation of that was...dull, uninspired. It depicted events faithfully, but not the execution. It took the moment-to-moment actions in the comic and made sure they were shown, but without paying attention to panel layout, lighting, etc. The whole thing felt...flat, boring, uninspired.

Dark Knight Rises will be the better film because:

1) Christiopher Nolan is a great film director
    2) It will be the first time Bane is done well outside of the comics
    3) Rachel Dawes is dead
    4) You will not have to deal with Rachel Dawes
    5) Rachel Dawes is in the ground and cannot return
  • edited January 2012
    I like the Year One comic, but the animated adaptation of that was...dull, uninspired. It depicted events faithfully, but not the execution. It took the moment-to-moment actions in the comic and made sure they were shown, but without paying attention to panel layout, lighting, etc. The whole thing felt...flat, boring, uninspired.
    Yh I was bored watching in most the time.

3) Rachel Dawes is dead
    I agree with all 5 points but 2-5 most. :P But If done well Returns could be a really great movie. Also they need to get Harlan Ellison to do his cameo.
  • edited January 2012

Dark Knight Rises will be the better film because:

3) Rachel Dawes is dead

I'm still skeptical about Bane. Nolan always depicts the villains (especially the main villain) in extremely different ways nobody has intended or never really wanted to use like so -for the price of depicting them realistically. Iunno if Bane can work that great like this, I mean, he'll only be a super-tactical-genius with a moderately good strength. I believe Nolan will ditch the use of Venom drug, like how he didn't use Lazarus Pits as a plot device in Batman Begins too. I felt a little dire as I've always though Lazarus Pits were kind of the THING of Ra's Al Ghul.
  • edited January 2012
    Why does everyone hate Rachel Dawes?
  • edited January 2012

Probably because ... of all the women that already existed in the DC Universe, they felt the need to just create someone new that everyone knew
    was going to die just for that reason
    . She had no purpose other than adding character depth to Bruce Wayne and Harvey Dent...and let's face it, she was a very forgettable character with very little development(I think they spent more time developing Alfred's character). I'm not even a hater either. As I stated, she really didn't leave much of any impression on me at all(this, and her being the token DiD, might've angered the female fans). I'm rather indifferent.
  • edited January 2012
    Probably because ... of all the women that already existed in the DC Universe, they felt the need to just create someone new that everyone knew
    was going to die just for that reason
    . She had no purpose other than adding character depth to Bruce Wayne and Harvey Dent...and let's face it, she was a very forgettable character with very little development(I think they spent more time developing Alfred's character). I'm not even a hater either. As I stated, she really didn't leave much of any impression on me at all(and this reason alone might've angered the female fans). I'm rather indifferent.

On top of all, her characteristics are bland, she is an idiot when it comes to decisions -not that she was given many-, etc.

I agree with her lack of character development. Or more like... character ASPECTS. She doesn't have any spice or any flavor on top of what she is to the storyline, nothing else that's irrelevant. She doesn't have anything that's irrelevant to what's going on, and we know nothing of her. NOTHING. We don't have to delve into her childhood for that or something, I mean, she has no extra lines, nothing to hint on her individual likes or hatred or... Anything. She's only good for bitching, for other characters to love, and
    for dying
  • edited January 2012
    Her lack of character development and her lack of character have been mentioned, but I feel like the biggest issue with Rachel Dawes hasn't actually been brought up.

Rachel Dawes is stable.

Rachel Dawes is many things to the Nolan Batman, including:

1. An anchor to sanity;
    2. A positive connection to his past;
    3. A stable relationship

Batman cannot have these things.

Look at Batman's history with love for a minute. Look at Selina Kyle. She's fucked up. Look at Talia. She's fucked up. Look at Poison Ivy, totally fucked up.

If anything shows the NEED for Batman to not have a stable love interest though, it's Mask of the Phantasm. "It doesn't mean I don't care anymore. I don't want to let you down, honest, but... but it just doesn't hurt so bad anymore. You can understand that, can't you? Look, I can give money to the city - they can hire more cops. Let someone else take the risk, but it's different now! Please! I need it to be different now. I know I made a promise, but I didn't see this coming. I didn't count on being happy. Please! Tell me that it's okay!"

Bruce's entire story arc requires being withdrawn form people, requires relationships that can't work in a conventional domestic sense, requires that he's at arms' length with almost every person in his life and one of the exceptions can't be a stable, romantic love interest. It breaks the character and breaks his arc.

And if he DOES need one, yes, it would be nice if she wasn't:

-Obnoxious
    -High and mighty
    -Completely lacking in flaws
    -Completely lacking in interesting features
    -Entirely there to fill specific plot roles
    -Really boring to listen to
    -Given stupid lines
  • edited January 2012
    Well, at least she's dead.
  • edited January 2012
    I want to collect her ashes, eat them, poo them out, then pee on them, then smear that on Batman's face.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.