Batman General Discussion Thread

Comments

• edited December 2011
    ...and you know, I really do think that there is something to the fact that
    Batman was knocked out at the end with the vile in one hand and came to with it in the other hand...plus all the dropped hints in character dialogue
  • edited December 2011
    Johro wrote: »
    ...and you know, I really do think that there is something to the fact that
    Batman was knocked out at the end with the vile in one hand and came to with it in the other hand...plus all the dropped hints in character dialogue

Wait, huh?
    *goes and re-watches the ending on YouTube* Holy crap. I cannot believe I missed that!!! Now I'm going to have to pay attention carefully in a second playthrough. Now I can't believe anything Mark Hamill says about the game being the last time he does Joker.

Well played Rocksteady. Well played.
  • edited December 2011
    I've beaten it three times and still think death haPpened.
  • edited December 2011
    And then there's the hint that Harley is carrying his child.

Wait, what? When was that hinted? I must have missed that.
  • edited December 2011
    Positive pregnancy test by her outfit.
  • edited December 2011
    Wait, what? When was that hinted? I must have missed that.
    If you go to the Steel Mill office, you find Harley's costume from Arkham Asylum in there. To the left of it on the floor is a used pregnancy test that reads positive. And since there's no way Harley would cheat on her puddin', that only leaves Joker as the possible father.
  • edited December 2011
    ...and
    she sings hush little baby at the end. However, it all goes back to Dini's stance....nothing is ever what it seems with the Joker.
    ...I wouldn't doubt if it isn't over yet.
  • edited December 2011
    coolsome wrote: »
    The game needs a Bat Credit card.

Coolsome, someday I'm going to kill you.

But not today.
  • edited December 2011
    ...and
    she sings hush little baby at the end. However, it all goes back to Dini's stance....nothing is ever what it seems with the Joker.
    ...I wouldn't doubt if it isn't over yet.

That seems to require something very specific for that to happen. I have yet to see it.
    I just get Joker singing "Only You" which is hilarious, but heartbreaking at the same time. Bats and Mr. J may be enemies, but I think at the end of the day, there's some mutual respect there.
  • edited December 2011
    I wouldn't say mutual respect... but there is definitely an understanding between the Joker and Batman...unlike some comic enemies, there is an awareness about them. They both are consciously aware how often they've crossed paths and how often they will continue to do so.
    I think it's at the end of the credits after beating game plus because I don't remember hearing it the first time either. I think they just left it open. There's enough little things planted that they could go in many directions. Scarecrow and Hush are HEAVILY laid in to having either big parts in DLC episodes they said they were planning or in a third game. The prior being most likely. They wont even start writing a 3rd until the game's out on Wii U anyway(I think it's pretty safe to say a third game will happen. The sales have been strong).
  • edited December 2011
    Not necessarily a product of New Game Plus. I've beaten it thrice and never heard it.
  • edited December 2011
    For those who have not played Batman: Arkham City.

[snip]
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for that. I always wanted things spoiled for me. That's why I had my brother read the end of the sixth Harry Potter book in advance so that he could tell me that Snape killed Dumbledore before I finished the first chapter.
  • edited December 2011
    What's the matter with you, Bobber?
  • edited December 2011
    Bobber dropped a couple large spoilers about the end of Arkham City, without spoiler tags, just to be an ass. Alcoremortis saw the post before I edited the spoilers out. It was the last straw in a string of rude behavior that has resulted in a one month ban for him.
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah, I figured. My question was directed to Bobber.
  • edited December 2011
    Oh. Well, maybe he can answer you next month.
  • edited December 2011
    Bobber dropped a couple large spoilers about the end of Arkham City, without spoiler tags, just to be an ass. Alcoremortis saw the post before I edited the spoilers out. It was the last straw in a string of rude behavior that has resulted in a one month ban for him.

It's okay, really. It's better that it was me who saw them since I clicked on all the spoiler tags anyways, and therefore already knew what he was spoiling. But I thought that he was being rude to the people who have gone out of their way to avoid spoilers.
  • edited December 2011
    The Joker won the Spike VGA award for Best Character over Marcus Fenix, Nathan Drake, and Weatley. Apparently during the acceptance for him, Joker was holding a script for Batman: Arkham World. A tease for the next game, or a practical joke? As others have said, nothing with the Joker is as it seems.
  • edited December 2011
    Seriously, who could win over the Joker? That's not even FAIR.
  • edited December 2011
    Seriously, who could win over the Joker? That's not even FAIR.

I dunno, it would have been close between him and Wheatley for me. Poor little Wheatley.
  • edited December 2011
    The Joker won the Spike VGA award for Best Character over Marcus Fenix, Nathan Drake, and Weatley. Apparently during the acceptance for him, Joker was holding a script for Batman: Arkham World. A tease for the next game, or a practical joke? As others have said, nothing with the Joker is as it seems.

If they go the Batman: World route then they'll only have two titles left after that before they run out of space they can expand into: Galaxy and Universe. Unless they decide to start on a Paper Batman series or something.
  • edited December 2011
    They'd probably stop at a trilogy or hopefully move on to the one superhero who has infamously never had a good video game: Superman.
  • edited December 2011
    They'd probably stop at a trilogy or hopefully move on to the one superhero who has infamously never had a good video game: Superman.

Yeah, but with Batman it's easy to limit what he can do. That's why he doesn't have all of his umpteen gadgets at the beginning of Akrham Asylum. Whereas Superman...well, he's super.
  • edited December 2011
    But there's not really much of a challenge with Superman. I mean, take any given challenge and the solution is always the same: throw it into the sun.
  • edited December 2011
    It should really throw some game conventions entirely OUT. Walk into a room. Bullets don't hurt you. THEY DEFLECT FROM YOUR BODY. OH SHIT SON. However, Superman does restrict himself so he doesn't KILL people or cause too much damage and destruction. Also, your bosses should be extremely super too, like Brainiac and Darkseid and Parasite, and they should totally screw things up. Get some serious damage physics in there. Make ACTUAL puzzley use of your heat vision and ice breath and such. Hell, start the game as a young Kent and have him gain these powers gradually by learning he has them as he grows up.

It can be done. Just no FREAKING RINGS!
  • edited December 2011
    I dunno, it would have been close between him and Wheatley for me. Poor little Wheatley.

Well Stephen Merchant beat Mark Hamill for best performance... so that makes it fair?

I don't know. Mark Hamill gave a great performance.
  • edited December 2011
    If they made a Superman game like Arkham City or Asylum it would be over in a few mins tops because Superman could just fly at super speed and beat Joker and all the other villians easily.
  • edited December 2011
    Well Stephen Merchant beat Mark Hamill for best performance... so that makes it fair?

I don't know. Mark Hamill gave a great performance.

Arkham City was kind of outnumbered by Portal 2, wasn't it?
  • edited December 2011
    if they made a superman game like arkham city or asylum it would be over in a few mins tops because superman could just fly at super speed and beat joker's and all the other villians easy

You.. You wouldn't have him fighting normal powered villains.
  • edited December 2011
    Reminds me of this. That's actually one of the big obstacles that has basically prevented any good Superman games from existing. If I were making a Superman game I'd base it on the SIlver Age and have every mission be something ridiculous, like getting thin again after becoming super fat, or ruining everybody's life for no reason
  • edited December 2011
    if they made a superman game like arkham city or asylum it would be over in a few mins tops because superman could just fly at super speed and beat joker's and all the other villians easy

Joker is too smart for that. He's taken on Superman before.
  • edited December 2011
  • edited December 2011

All it says is that you hotlinked the image. lol
  • edited December 2011
    oh it did. I just searched it and took the biggest one. well I'll edit to the article. Blah, I'm tired. I worked all weekend :P
  • edited December 2011
    I figured it was that one. I am really looking forward to seeing how that movie plays out. I'm still a little unsure of Anne Hathaway as Catwoman, but then, I was unsure of Heath Ledger as Joker, and I was proven wrong.
  • edited December 2011
    I figured it was that one. I am really looking forward to seeing how that movie plays out. I'm still a little unsure of Anne Hathaway as Catwoman, but then, I was unsure of Heath Ledger as Joker, and I was proven wrong.
    I'm unsure of Anne and the design doesn't help....but I remember feeling the exact same about the Joker too. It's a wait and see sort of thing. I just hope the ending isn't cheesy. I love Batman, but in this story, he should be "broken".
  • edited December 2011
    4ZZIX.jpg

Looks like he'll be broken to me. Yes, it's an official poster.
  • edited December 2011
    Whoever posted that very legit sounding theory that Batman dies in this movie really had my attention.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.