Batman General Discussion Thread

Comments

• edited March 2013
    Does being a zombie count as staying dead?

I hope its Zombie Ben that went on to make rice!
  • edited March 2013
    Ka-Pow!

Prequel's called Arkham Origins and it's supposedly coming this year.
  • edited March 2013
    coolsome wrote: »
    No one stays dead in comics unless your Uncle Ben or Batman's parents.

They used to say the same thing about Robin 2, and he came back as the Red Mask.
  • edited March 2013
    coolsome wrote: »
    Why doesn't Superman say fuck it il become the most powerful being in the universe and get a Green Lantern ring.

He does.

Superman_Prime.jpg
  • edited March 2013
    Ka-Pow!

Filing it under rumor until E3. And if the other rumor about it is true and it's on PS4/Next-Xbox, I'll file it under "don't give a $@#$";
  • edited March 2013
    And if the other rumor about it is true and it's on PS4/Next-Xbox, I'll file it under "don't give a $@#$";
    What if it's on PC as well?
  • edited March 2013
    It would most likely be both PS4/PS3 if they went the next gen route. Xbox may be screwed though, but there was a decent port overlap between PS3 and PS2 during that transition. The smart thing would be to do all 4 and maybe make some next gen exclusives to promote those sales over the current models.

We wait til E3 most likely.
  • edited March 2013
    What if it's on PC as well?

Still under the "Don't give a $@#$"; category. IF this is a next gen Batman game, it will likely go to Unreal Engine 4. My laptop can't even play an Unreal Engine 3 game.
  • Ka-Pow!

We don’t NEED a friggin’ prequel! WE WANT A SEQUEL!
  • edited March 2013
    I don't.
  • I don't.

They left WAY too many loose ends in Arkham City to tie up. Doing a prequel is, in my opinion, stupid.
  • edited March 2013
    Noname215 wrote: »
    They left WAY too many loose ends in Arkham City to tie up. Doing a prequel is, in my opinion, stupid.

Prequels are a good way to set up a sequel's back story with out having to use the sequels time to do it.
  • edited March 2013
    I don't want any more of that Arkham City bullshit. I want my Silver Age Batman game.
  • coolsome actually put it better (I know, crazy, right?). Ya know what, I’ll probably get it.

Also, I’m still working on this Batman fanfic about a gang war in Gotham City, but the story also goes deeper into the relationship between Catwoman and Batman.
  • edited March 2013
    I'm only interested if they end up having weird human-cat-bat babies.
  • edited March 2013
    coolsome actually put it better (I know, crazy, right?). Ya know what, I’ll probably get it.

I didn't because we had different opinions on the matter.
  • coolsome wrote: »
    I didn't because we had different opinions on the matter.

Not you and me, I meant you and Fawful.
  • edited March 2013
    Not you and me, I meant you and Fawful.

Ik we had different points on why Prequel would be good. I think its good for Arkham City sequel and he wants Silver Age game.
  • edited March 2013
    I want an unlockable zebra Batman costume. I want to play as Bat-Mite, or the Batman of Zurr-En-Arrgh.
  • I want an unlockable zebra Batman costume. I want to play as Bat-Mite, or the Batman of Zurr-En-Arrgh.

They need to allow us to be able to play as more than just Batman this time. I don’t care if it’s just DLC.
  • edited April 2013
    A silver age Batman game in which this happens:

120345790360.jpg
  • Yes, it does.

Also, I REALLY hope they do a sequel after doing Arkham Origins, at least to tie up the loose ends at the end of Arkham City.
  • edited April 2013
    Johro wrote: »

Thank God for Injustice.
  • edited April 2013
    Speaking of Injustice, i got the IOS version that came out and its great :) But some characters are too overpowered.
  • edited April 2013
    http://www.polygon.com/2013/4/9/4204944/batman-arkham-origins-blackgate-coming-oct-25

When I heard it was going to be based on Silver Age comics I was hoping for more of a stylistic shift.
  • edited April 2013
    I need to see some gameplay. Something isn't sitting right with me.
  • edited April 2013
    That's probably be the change in developer, which has me extremely concerned.
  • edited April 2013
    Headed by the lead of Hulk: Ultimate Destruction, huh? And Prototype, which was definitely at least mechanically interesting.

Then again, he also was the head of Earthworm Jim 3D and Gears of War 3. Maybe he has a problem with the number 3....AND THIS IS THE THIRD AKHAM GAME

*shock and horror*
  • edited April 2013
    Johro wrote: »
    I need to see some gameplay. Something isn't sitting right with me.

Could be the fact that the game's actual announcement and the release date aren't that far apart.

Not sure what the developer change will mean for it, but I'm really glad it's gonna be on PS3.
  • edited April 2013
    It's going to suck. My fear.
  • edited April 2013
    Why do they still have to have Arkham in the title? Arkham City's plot kinda makes it work, but unless this game is about Batman constructing the Asylum himself, I'm not sure why it's still Arkham.

Do they think people won't buy it if it just says Batman?
  • edited April 2013
    Another Arkham beat-em-up, meh. An Arkham Metroidvania made by the people who made Metroid Prime? Color me interested.
  • edited April 2013
    They've buiilt the brand identity around the word "Arkham". Many people, Wal-Mart Joe type people, won't realize it's in the same series as the other Arkham games without that word in there.
  • edited April 2013
    They've buiilt the brand identity around the word "Arkham". Many people, Wal-Mart Joe type people, won't realize it's in the same series as the other Arkham games without that word in there.

Case in point many Wal-Mart Joe people don't work/shop at Wal-Mart or are named Joe.
  • edited April 2013
    I once heard that the people called John Doe most of the time didn't even have John on their birth certificate or anything.
  • Here is the Game Informer April issue cover (look at top right corner also)

Front:
    game-informer-batman-arkham-origins.jpg

Back:
    arkham-origins-2.jpg
  • edited April 2013
    Chyron will have your head for a picture that size.
  • JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited April 2013
    Here is the Game Informer April issue cover (look at top right corner also)
    Excellent issue. The Wolf Among Us coverage is great (it looks like a comic come to life). Plus there's screenshots and info on Broken Age too. :)
  • DAISHI wrote: »
    Chyron will have your head for a picture that size.

Why?
Sign in to comment in this discussion.