Batman General Discussion Thread

Comments

• edited May 2013
    Johro wrote: »
    There's a new trailer... but who cares as there's ZERO gameplay in it.

....and here's the link to the trailer :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pnK8akbd2M
  • edited May 2013
    Well that was cool and all, but as Johro said - no gameplay footage means I don't care.
  • edited May 2013
    I still find it a little funny how the person who did a pretty good Batman in Lego Batman 2 is going to be The Joker. Fun fact as well but turns out this guy is also Robin in Arkham City. I'm curious to see how Roger Craig Smith's Batman is going to sound like. I don't think he's a bad voice actor or anything like that and i do enjoy him a lot as Ezio, and Sonic :)
  • edited May 2013
    Okay, Kevin Conroy, I love ya, but you're confusing the HELL outta me. Conroy IS working on an Arkham game, just not Arkham ORIGINS.
  • edited May 2013
    Okay, Kevin Conroy, I love ya, but you're confusing the HELL outta me. Conroy IS working on an Arkham game, just not Arkham ORIGINS.

So there is going to be an Arkham 3?
  • edited May 2013
    coolsome wrote: »
    So there is going to be an Arkham 3?
    Damned if I know. I think Conroy accidentally let something slip he wasn't supposed to yet. He said, both at Comic-Con and on his Twitter, that he's been working on an Arkham game, but WB announced someone else doing Batman for Arkham Origins. We'll just have to play the waiting game.
  • edited May 2013
    From what I understand, he IS in Arkham Origins, just not voicing Batman.
  • edited May 2013
    From what I understand, he IS in Arkham Origins, just not voicing Batman.

Why in gods name would anyone do that!
  • edited May 2013
    ...Maybe he's playing old-as-shit Bruce Wayne telling the story to Terry McGinnis. :p
  • edited May 2013
    Right at the end, Batman's going to be punched in the throat and he'll say one line. lol

Or his balls will drop.
  • edited May 2013
    Maybe Batman will take up a smoking habit and his voice will deepen over the game, leading to Conroy's voice.
  • edited May 2013
    Speaking of Kevin Conroy, my friend met him at Dallas Comic Con last weekend and got a picture taken with him. My friend is taller than me and Conroy was at least as tall as my friend if not a little bit taller. He also said he was a pretty cool guy. He also got his picture taken with Ernie Hudson. I now hate my friend.
  • edited May 2013
    DAISHI wrote: »
    Maybe Batman will take up a smoking habit and his voice will deepen over the game, leading to Conroy's voice.

Wouldn't that lead to Christian Bale's voice?
  • edited May 2013
    coolsome wrote: »
    Wouldn't that lead to Christian Bale's voice?

Depends on the amount of cigarettes.
  • Maybe he should become a hippie so he could speak in a 60s Adam West voice.

That gives me an idea. Here are some unlockable skins that I think should be featured in the game:

Long Halloween
    Gotham by Gaslight
    Dark Knight
    Brave and the Bold
    60s
    Batman Forever (it would be funny)
    The Batman
    Two-Face Batman (see Batman Vol. 1 691)
    Superman (if he isn’t in the game)

If they do Joker DLC

Heath Ledger
    Jack Nicholson
    Caesar Romero
    Animated Series
    Return of the Joker
    Long Halloween
    Arkham Asylum: A Serious House on Serious Earth
    Vampire Joker

I’ll take what I can get out of these.
  • edited May 2013
    You forgot Zebra Batman!

Zebra%20Batman.jpg
    Gezz lady the costume isnt that bad!
  • The Cadmus Storyline from JSU has always been my favorite DC story.
  • edited May 2013
    Zebra Batman has a hitler stache
  • edited May 2013
    Noname215 wrote: »
    Maybe he should become a hippie so he could speak in a 60s Adam West voice.

That gives me an idea. Here are some unlockable skins that I think should be featured in the game:

Long Halloween
    Gotham by Gaslight
    Dark Knight
    Brave and the Bold
    60s
    Batman Forever (it would be funny)
    The Batman
    Two-Face Batman (see Batman Vol. 1 691)
    Superman (if he isn’t in the game)

If they do Joker DLC

Heath Ledger
    Jack Nicholson
    Caesar Romero
    Animated Series
    Return of the Joker
    Long Halloween
    Arkham Asylum: A Serious House on Serious Earth
    Vampire Joker

I’ll take what I can get out of these.

I'm glad that there is fans of The Batman out there :) It would be cool to see a Batman Animated series and a The Batman costumes.
  • I'm glad that there is fans of The Batman out there :) It would be cool to see a Batman Animated series and a The Batman costumes.

I preferred The Batman vs. Dracula to the rest of the series. It certainly had its moments, but I thought it was too Anime-ee.
  • edited May 2013
    I personally would rather of had The Batman continue rather than Brave & The Bold. It was OK and it had its moments but i just thought Brave & The Bold was too cartoony and i get it, its meant to bring tribute to the 60's comics and Dark Knight but personally i just thought it was way way too cartoony. It had its moments and great episodes like the one where Batman goes undercover as Matches but loses his identity leaving the Birds of Pray to stopping him from taking over the city (Plus the birds of pray song was pretty) I also liked the one where Starro takes over all the heroes leaving Batman and some others as the only ones on Earth uncontrolled. Also the Batman & Owlman double episode was another good one. I enjoyed the last episode as well where Bat Mite tries to cancel the show. Before anyone asks, no i have not seen Chill of the Night :/.

Also another reason i wish The Batman would have gone on would be i would love to see the Batman Vs Hush movie they was pitched :(

Story about The Batman Vs Hush:http://www.legionsofgotham.org/TOONSthebatmanBTSpreprodHush.html
  • edited May 2013
    That's why Brave and the Bold isn't part of the old continuity. Thankfully.
  • edited May 2013
    Haven't seen a single episode, but I already know the best part about Brave & the Bold. It has freaking SPACE GHOST in one episode.
  • edited May 2013
    I was thinking, they made movies out of Batman Year One and TDKR so does this mean TDKSA and All star Batman is next?....Ugh....

In all seriousness what does everyone hope is made into a movie? I personally hope for Batman:Hush, Knightfall (Never read it but it would be great to see), Killing Joke, and maybe the Batman & Robin saga of Batman & Robin must die!
  • edited May 2013
    Batgirl: Year One. Babs deserves the spotlight for a bit, IMO.
  • edited May 2013
    Maybe Batman The return of Bruce Wayne saga would be good?
  • edited May 2013
    Killing Joke would be really short unless they pad it out with crap.
  • Arkham Asylum: A Serious House on Serious Earth (psychological horror mixed with Batman? YES.)

Knightfall

Black and White (it would probably form something like a Sin City knock off)

Nine Lives

Thrillkiller
  • edited May 2013
    Thrillkiller's so GOOD. SO GOOD. On another note, I wouldn't want to see Arkham Asylum unless it was rotoscoped and then airbrushed over.
  • An Arkham Asylum movie could be made into typical Batman movie yet also have some incredibly disturbing imagery.

As for Thrillkiller, I’d like to see how they could pull off Joker being a woman.

It would probably turn out like this.

batman_female_joker.jpg
  • edited May 2013
    Careful, you'll get us all squeeing.
  • edited May 2013
    Batman looks more like a woman in that pic.
  • edited May 2013
    Noname215 wrote: »
    Thrillkiller

Being a huge fan of Barbara Gordon as Batgirl, I've been wanting to give this comic(and Batgirl Year One) a read.
  • Careful, you'll get us all squeeing.

Hey, if that means what I think it means, I’m gonna have to punch you right in the nose.

7539M~The-Three-Stooges-Moe-Posters.jpg
  • edited May 2013
    Taking a closer look at the fem-Joker, her boobs look oddly large. Or is that just me?
  • edited May 2013
    I'll take em.
  • edited May 2013
    Well, they're probably removable, so I'd say you're in luck.
  • edited May 2013
    I have certain favorite parts of different adaptions.
    • The Brave and The Bold: I actually like how cartoony this series is! When it was on, it was exactly what I was looking for-- there aren't enough light-hearted Batman stories. It also drew attention to some of the lesser-known DC characters, like Spectre and Gentleman Ghost, reinvented Bat-Mite so he was actually pretty awesome, and brought awareness to how cool Aquaman actually is. I still maintain that my second favorite Batman cartoon voice other than Kevin Conroy is Diedrich Bader.
    • The Batman: The Vs. Dracula film was really good, and the show focused a lot on Penguin and Alfred, both of which I think are underutilized.
    • The Animated Series: Among many things, I love the Art Deco design, and the fact that several of the characters were original or totally redesigned, and were all pulled off well, Harley Quinn in particular (although I wish Roxy Rocket was used more, I think she has a lot of potential). I love Bruce Timm's art. The worst I can say about it is there's a bit of sameface when he designs women. But otherwise, he's great, and one of my inspirations.

I think they are using Gotham By Gaslight Batman in their DC MOBA game.
  • DAISHI wrote: »
    I'll take em.

You would be the one to say that. :D
  • Taking a closer look at the fem-Joker, her boobs look oddly large. Or is that just me?

I think more emphasis was placed on the butt.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.