Batman General Discussion Thread

Comments

• edited June 2013
    Gameplay looks about right. New gadgets. And...I have to say...Batman's voice sounds right. I am not displeased.
  • edited June 2013
    Even the Joker's voice sounds good.

Now I'm officially excited.
  • edited June 2013
    Joker's voice sounds almost perfect. They really got the right guy to replace Hamill there.
  • edited June 2013
    Yeah in a twist, Joker's voice is the person who voiced Batman in Lego Batman 2 and the person who voices Batman is the guy who voices Sonic.
  • edited June 2013
    Love the winter setting.
  • edited June 2013
    arkham-origins-dlc.jpg

PS3 exclusive skins.
  • Adam West? Fuck!
  • edited June 2013
    There needs to be a bomb disposal level.

oizc2ut.gif
  • edited June 2013
    Ugh Coolsome don't you know? Fine then i'll let this tell you

Batman:''Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb''
  • edited June 2013
    I always thought that should have been the level achievement title for the Harley Quinn DLC. No more missed opportunities with that.
  • edited June 2013
    Red Hood?
  • edited June 2013
    Anarky.
  • edited June 2013
    coolsome wrote: »
    arkham-origins-dlc.jpg

PS3 exclusive skins.

Are they not also for PS4? That's probably where I will get this game.
  • edited June 2013
    I don't think it has a PS4 release.
  • edited June 2013

Not yet.

They said they couldn't comment. So that pretty much means yes, with more exclusives.
  • Ladies and gentlemen, bugs and ghouls, we interrupt your regularly scheduled programming for a special news bulleting. Yesterday, I made a very specific request that if I was not given ten millions dollars, I would kill somebody every day I didn’t receive my money. Well, then, this brings us to todays guest. Tell them your name, sonny Jim.

Wher… where am I?

Wrong answer, sonny. Hmm, that’s some beard you got there. Looks like you need a shave. Here, I’ll even let you use my new razor!

AAAAARGH!!!

Now, if you’re done with your new haircut, might you please tell all the good folks of Gotham your name?

M… Mi… Mike.

Should be “Stutter-Stutter.” Now, Mike here is an average joe with a family and a job and a house and a car. But, at the moment, he’s just a pathetic little wimp that I have strapped to an electric chair that lacks wet sponge.

No… Oh, dear God, please…

Quiet down, son, you bother me. Now, seeing as how I don’t believe my demand will granted, I’ve another offer to make. These here are bona-fide greenbacks. Yes, sir-ree, these babies are 100% Franklins. You see, I’ve got millions of them just lying around, and they’re all simply lying around here. It’s so annoying that I’ve decided to be rid of these odious little bills. However, no one should simply throw away good money, so I’ve another idea. Say, a man was to bring me the severed head of the Batman placed gently upon a pike. Well, then, that man would certainly be the man to take care of disposing of all of this money. Well, Gotham, I’ve given you two choices. Bring me the Batman and get paid, or watch your fellow Gothamites die like flies on a bug zapper. Ready, Mikey boy?

No, please, NO!

Whoopsie!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!

Mm, Bacon! Yummy! See ya soon, Gotham! Bud, Lou, come and eat! And remember, I’ll choose anyone who I deem worthy enough to die until you bring me $10,000,000, or Batman’s head. Toodle-oo!
  • edited June 2013
    Johro wrote: »
    Not yet.

They said they couldn't comment. So that pretty much means yes, with more exclusives.

Oh really? Coulda sworn this was also going to next gen consoles as well.
  • edited June 2013
    Noname215 wrote: »
    Ladies and gentlemen, bugs and ghouls, we interrupt your regularly scheduled programming for a special news bulleting. Yesterday, I made a very specific request that if I was not given ten millions dollars, I would kill somebody every day I didn’t receive my money. Well, then, this brings us to todays guest. Tell them your name, sonny Jim.

Wher… where am I?

Wrong answer, sonny. Hmm, that’s some beard you got there. Looks like you need a shave. Here, I’ll even let you use my new razor!

AAAAARGH!!!

Now, if you’re done with your new haircut, might you please tell all the good folks of Gotham your name?

M… Mi… Mike.

Should be “Stutter-Stutter.” Now, Mike here is an average joe with a family and a job and a house and a car. But, at the moment, he’s just a pathetic little wimp that I have strapped to an electric chair that lacks wet sponge.

No… Oh, dear God, please…

Quiet down, son, you bother me. Now, seeing as how I don’t believe my demand will granted, I’ve another offer to make. These here are bona-fide greenbacks. Yes, sir-ree, these babies are 100% Franklins. You see, I’ve got millions of them just lying around, and they’re all simply lying around here. It’s so annoying that I’ve decided to be rid of these odious little bills. However, no one should simply throw away good money, so I’ve another idea. Say, a man was to bring me the severed head of the Batman placed gently upon a pike. Well, then, that man would certainly be the man to take care of disposing of all of this money. Well, Gotham, I’ve given you two choices. Bring me the Batman and get paid, or watch your fellow Gothamites die like flies on a bug zapper. Ready, Mikey boy?

No, please, NO!

Whoopsie!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!

Mm, Bacon! Yummy! See ya soon, Gotham! Bud, Lou, come and eat! And remember, I’ll choose anyone who I deem worthy enough to die until you bring me $10,000,000, or Batman’s head. Toodle-oo!

...Wow. You got the comic/Mark Hamill Joker's personality down...picturing it my head is actually a little more frightening than Joker's threat in The Dark Knight.
  • Dear friends. . .Today is the day that the clown cried. And he cries not for the passing of one man, but for the death of a dream. The dream that he would someday taste the ultimate victory over his hated enemy. For it was the Batman who made me the happy soul I am today. How I agonized over the perfect way to thank him for that. Perhaps with a cyanide pie in the face. Or an exploding whoopie-cushion playfully planted in the Batmobile. But those dreams were dashed by the weaselly little gunsel sitting there in our midst. The cowardly... insignificant, gonif who probably got lucky when Batman slipped on the slime trail this loser left behind him. This mound of diseased hyena filth who's not fit to lick the dirt from my spats!... But I digress. The time for sorrow has passed. It's time to look to a future filled with smiles. And I'll be smiling again just as soon as we take that man there and slap him in that box there and roll him into that vat of acid there! . . . We'll that was fun! Who's for Chinese?
  • edited June 2013
    I love that episode!
  • edited June 2013
    Because I can't resist, a response gif:

tumblr_m3mazbsM9u1qer2yu.gif
  • edited June 2013
    Noname215 wrote: »
    Dear friends. . .Today is the day that the clown cried. And he cries not for the passing of one man, but for the death of a dream. The dream that he would someday taste the ultimate victory over his hated enemy. For it was the Batman who made me the happy soul I am today. How I agonized over the perfect way to thank him for that. Perhaps with a cyanide pie in the face. Or an exploding whoopie-cushion playfully planted in the Batmobile. But those dreams were dashed by the weaselly little gunsel sitting there in our midst. The cowardly... insignificant, gonif who probably got lucky when Batman slipped on the slime trail this loser left behind him. This mound of diseased hyena filth who's not fit to lick the dirt from my spats!... But I digress. The time for sorrow has passed. It's time to look to a future filled with smiles. And I'll be smiling again just as soon as we take that man there and slap him in that box there and roll him into that vat of acid there! . . . We'll that was fun! Who's for Chinese?
    God, I love Hamill. Watched a video of him reciting that. He actually made it to the "How I agonized" part before having to refresh his memory.

Got and read Thrillkiller this past week. Neat little what-if story. And now I really want it to be an animated film.
  • edited June 2013
    Just wondering but has anyone ever seen Batman Mystery of the Batwoman, pretty good film, as a side note, the animated short called ''Chase Me'' that is an extra on the DVD is a pretty good short, there is no dialogue and the story is basically during a party hosted by Bruce Wayne, Bruce catches Catwoman in the act of stealing from his safe and he chases after her as Batman.
  • Yeah, it’s pretty decent. My favorite has always been Subzero.
  • edited June 2013
    Mask of the Phantasm for me. Its one of the best DC movies Live-Action or Animated.
  • edited June 2013
    Mask of the Phantasm is amazing.
  • JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited June 2013
    All of the DCAU Batman movies were really good. Even Mystery of the Batwoman, which I came to appreciate more after several viewings.

Mask of the Phantasm and Return of the Joker though are amazing. They're better than a lot of the live action superhero films.
  • edited June 2013
    My 3 favourite Batman animated movies are Mask of the Phantasm,Return of the Joker, and finally Under the Red Hood. Also the movies always manage to shown a more crazy side of The Joker. Look at Return of the Joker. This is the first time in the entire series we see Joker actually do something that has broken up the bat family
    he kidnaps and using torture and other methods he turns Tim (who by the way is tied with Dick Grayson as my favourite Robin) into a twisted child version of himself and when Tim comes to his senses he bursts into tears but is unable to stop laughing due to Joker's torture

On another note I think the song that plays during the credits of Mask of the Phantasm fits the ending perfectly. Also does anyone else think the song from the end of Mystery of the Batwoman is extremely catchy?

Edit: I found the two songs I'm talking about on Youtube.

Mask of the Phantasm song:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJJxbQVnVe8
    Mystery of the Batwoman:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGv6O5SrmqM
  • edited June 2013
    Return of the Joker
    Mask of the Phantasm
    Under The Red Hood

The order changes depending on which one I watched last.
  • edited June 2013
    Johro wrote: »
    Return of the Joker
    Mask of the Phantasm
    Under The Red Hood

That's pretty much the order for me as well. Mask of the Phantasm is amazing but Return of the Joker is better in my opinion. Let me make this clear. Its only a tiny bit better in my opinion. Mask of the Phantasm is still amazing.
  • 20. The Demon’s Quest
    19. Read My Lips
    18. Mudslide
    17. Zatanna
    16. Birds of a Feather
    15. What Is Reality?
    14. Heart of Ice
    13. Vendetta
    12. Day of the Samurai
    11. Showdown
    10. The Man Who Killed Batman
    9. Nothing to Fear
    8. Pretty Poison
    7. Robin’s Reckoning
    6. Mad Love
    5. The Strange Secret of Bruce Wayne
    4. Two-Face
    3. Mad as a Hatter
    2. Dreams in Darkness
    1. The Laughing Fish
  • edited June 2013
    Top 10 The Batman episodes

10.Call of the Cobblepot
    9.Batgirl rises
    8.Joker Express
    7.The Bat in the Belfry
    6.Bird of Pray
    5.Strange Minds
    4.Two of a Kind
    3. Fleurs Du Mal
    2.Strange New World
    1.The Laughing Bat
  • edited June 2013
    Just wondering but does anyone else want a Batman Beyond DC Animated movie? Return of the Joker was great and it would be great to see another one, maybe one based on the Batman Beyond Hush saga?
  • edited June 2013
    I wana see one where he finaly beats Derrick Powers.
  • edited June 2013
    Isn't there an arc as well that has Powers as the main villain called Industrial revolution?
  • JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited June 2013
    Just wondering but does anyone else want a Batman Beyond DC Animated movie? Return of the Joker was great and it would be great to see another one, maybe one based on the Batman Beyond Hush saga?
    I'd like to see a movie based on the 30 something Terry McGinnis from Justice League Unlimited's Epilog. He was as physically imposing as Bruce Wayne, and a more seasoned crime fighter.

Speaking of future versions of heroes in Justice League Unlimited, I wouldn't mind seeing a movie featuring the 60 something Static from The Once and Future Thing. I could take or leave Static Shock (the original Static comics are really good though), but adult DCAU Static seems like someone you wouldn't mind watching for an hour and a half.
  • edited June 2013
    The Old and the Future thing is tied with A better World as my favourite Justice League Episode. 3 Batmen in the one place at the one time :P
Sign in to comment in this discussion.