Batman General Discussion Thread

Comments

• edited April 2013
    Noname215 wrote: »
    Why?

tumblr_l9bssvphCr1qdprjio1_500.jpg
  • edited April 2013
    Because it doesn't fit on the screen without scrolling horizontally or zooming out.

It's a badass cover, though.
  • edited April 2013
    Well that was anticlimactic.
  • edited April 2013
    RESIZE YOUR IMAGE!

...That better?
  • edited April 2013
    Honeybear still craves blood.
  • edited April 2013
    I found smaller images for him. And now, as recompense, here's a few other images floating around the net:

Batman-Arkham-Origins-Details.jpg
    Batman-Arkham-City-047_Double_Takedown-87-620x348.jpg
    468px-Batman-6.jpg
  • Chyron8472 wrote: »
    Because it doesn't fit on the screen without scrolling horizontally or zooming out.

It's a badass cover, though.

Well, which head do you want?
  • edited April 2013
    That shot of Batman and Deathstroke is awesome. I just hope that they realize that Bats has LOST to Deathstroke before and many times.
  • Just read that there is a possibility that Joker is in Arkham Origins. YAY!
  • edited April 2013
    Unless it's Hamill, I REALLY hope not. It's going to feel forced regardless and we really need a different focus.
  • Well, Hamill did say “never say never.” Who knows? Maybe it’ll just be a cameo. OR, seeing as how it will feature a Most Wanted side-mission series, Batman could encounter Red Hood just before he becomes The Joker.
  • edited April 2013
    Having seen John Dimaggio's Joker, I'd be down for his rendition if they get him.
  • edited April 2013
    DAISHI wrote: »
    Having seen John Dimaggio's Joker, I'd be down for his rendition if they get him.

I'd go for that too.
  • edited April 2013
    I just don't want it forced. John was a good Joker, but my feeling right now is that if it's not strong enough to bring Mark back, it's not strong enough to not seem forced.

I fear that the thought process behind this is, essentially, "as long as we have a Batman and a Joker, people will buy whatever we make".
  • edited April 2013
    Micheal Emerson or bust
  • edited April 2013
    Ribs wrote: »
    Micheal Emerson or bust
    So you're saying:
    MichaelEmerson.jpg OR 950931-aussie-boom-in-bust-sizes.jpg

...I'll go with bust, thanks.

[/Coolsome]
  • edited April 2013
    Well i've started Injustice and its pretty damn good although i think the combos and tutorial is a bit broken and it for some reason does not got the great feature included in the demo where you could pick certain moves to appear on the hud so you don't forget them. But the story so far is fun.
  • edited April 2013
    Well i've started Injustice and its pretty damn good although i think the combos and tutorial is a bit broken and it for some reason does not got the great feature included in the demo where you could pick certain moves to appear on the hud so you don't forget them. But the story so far is fun.

That feature is in there.

I've played as every character and love all of them, though my preferred characters are Raven, Hawkgirl, Killer Frost, Wonder Woman, Batman, and Shazam.
  • edited April 2013
    How do you do it then, online is really annoying due to people just spamming combos and then me being unable to even attack.
  • edited April 2013
    They should be taggable in the Move List screen. Can't recall what button though. PS3 or 360?
  • edited April 2013
    PS3 and how can i tag it online? Reason is because i keep getting spammed attacked by combos and hardly get a chance to fight.
  • edited April 2013
    As far as I know, Triangle tags moves from the move list.
  • I wonder if Pre-Two Face Harvey Dent will be in Arkham Origins.
  • edited April 2013
    Uh, not encouraging news. No Kevin Conroy in Arkham Origins.
  • edited April 2013
    As long as the voice actor is good there's no big deal.
  • edited April 2013
    True, but with completely different voice actors and the game being developed by a completely different studio, it seems like this will have very little in common with the other games.
  • edited April 2013
    True, but with completely different voice actors and the game being developed by a completely different studio, it seems like this will have very little in common with the other games.

Arkham Asylum is much more constrained, 'level' style gameplay, even if the Arkham grounds serve as a hub. I think that's probably what they're going to aim for.
  • edited April 2013
    I dunno. Still not sure about the change in developers. That rarely works well.
  • edited April 2013
    More interested in the upcoming Metroidvania style Batman game. Arkham Origins isn't the Silver Age Batman game I asked for. Also, you dorks are gonna be in your eighties, complaining that a long dead Kevin Conroy isn't voicing Batman anymore, aren't you.

Because I certainly will.
  • edited April 2013
    All I ask is that they record him saying every word in the english language. Then he can voice Batman for eternity.

Between the the TV show, the cartoon movies and the two games, they could probably do it already.
  • edited April 2013
    Not saying I want Conroy to voice Bats forever. I'm quite happy to have different versions of Batman be voiced by different people. But when you have one of these versions voiced by Conroy, it it too much to ask that he continue voicing that version, if only for consistency?
  • edited April 2013
    I do.
  • edited April 2013
    Kevin Conroy is probably my favorite animated Batman voice too, but I think Diedrich Bader (Batman: The Brave and The Bold) is a solid second. I think they fit better as different incarnations of Batman, though.
  • edited April 2013
    Uh, not encouraging news. No Kevin Conroy in Arkham Origins.

Honestly, I take it with a grain of salt until confirmed by WB or Conroy.
  • It’s alright. As long as he’s in Arkham 4 (which may or may not be Rocksteady’s next project after WB does Origins), it’s no big deal.
  • edited May 2013
    So i finally got Batman Hush, i did get both volume books from the library but i loved the story so much so i got Batman Hush to reread.
  • edited May 2013
    I'm thinking of trying to pick up Batgirl: Year One and Batman: Thrillkiller. Yes, I love Barbara Gordon as Batgirl, no point denying the blatantly obvious.
  • edited May 2013
    ...and IGN updated it to say that Kevin won't be returning to voice Batman :(

Edit:Taking a quick search on Wikipedia, in a weird twist, Troy Baker who will be voicing Joker in Arkham Origins, he was Batman in Lego Batman 2. As for the voice of Batman, the IGN link Shadowknight1 posted says its gonna be Roger craig smith who voices Sonic The Hedgehog since Sonic Colours.
  • edited May 2013
    There's a new trailer... but who cares as there's ZERO gameplay in it.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.