Batman General Discussion Thread

Comments

• I love batman I've always wanted to read the comics but I never have because I don't know where to start. The arkham games actually got me into batman. The arkham series is amazing set of games(origins was blah because rocksteady didn't make it). I actually just replayed arkham city and am excited for arkham knight( I haven't bought a ps4 or X1 but that game is going to make me buy one)

• JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited August 2014

I'm late to the party, but I'm enjoying it. I just saw the other short film that was created for Batman's 75th anniversary, Bruce Timm's Hugo Strange short. That one's awesome as well (it's a great homage to classic Batman, and classic Hollywood films on top of that).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFwOS2R9o_8

• Nice really awesome reminds me of a few old classic films and cartoons I used to watch :)

Jennifer posted: »

I'm late to the party, but I'm enjoying it. I just saw the other short film that was created for Batman's 75th anniversary, Bruce Timm's Hu

edited April 2015

I just bought this a few days ago, since I liked Son of Batman (and like the Damien Wayne storyline, since Talia al Ghul is one of my favorite Batman characters, and the Damien Wayne plot fits perfectly with her character).

img

The movie was quite good (and Weird Al was surprisingly brilliant as the darkly twisted Dollmaker). The figure is a little disappointing up close (especially when put on a shelf with my Infinity and Amiibo colection), but I suppose it's not too bad as it was only a $5 difference in price between the deluxe and regular Blu-Ray.

• Why haven't I seen this thead before and also for those who missed it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaLLC3a8egk

edited April 2015

Batman Arkham Knight Gameplay Trailer

Now that Batman vs. Robin is out, this is what I'm most excited about when it comes to Batman.

I’m just now finishing playing through the Arkham trilogy (I just bought Arkham Origins when I bought Batman vs. Robin), so I’ll be caught up once the new game comes out. Plus, I now have a pretty recent model Mac, so I should be able to play it when it comes out without having to worry about getting a current generation console. :)

They have a great successor to Mark Hamill's version of The Joker with Troy Baker. If they ever need a successor to Kevin Conroy's version of Batman, there is always Kerem Erdinc:

The Dark Knight Returns Voiceover

• Honestly, I found that even though it was a good game, very well made, it has a very low replay value.
    Honestly, if it had the decision making system that TWD did, I think it would've been much better.

edited June 2015

I really loved the DC Animated Universe, especially their interpretation of Batman, including Batman Beyond. I was really glad that it came back in comic form in 2010. That year brought Hush Beyond, which was awesome. It brought Dick Grayson into the future of the DCAU in a believable way, which was great, as we got to see what happened to Bruce, Barbara, and Tim, but never got to see what happened to Dick, and that was the one thing I felt that was missing in the animated version of Batman Beyond. I haven't read the 2011 series yet, nor the 2012-2013 series. However, I just finished Batman Beyond 2.0, and it was great as well. It continued the plot line of Hush Beyond, with Dick acting as the mentor for Terry, while Terry's relationship was strained, but managed to bring all the characters together one last time (in an aloof, Batman kind of way). It really set up the events for the episode Epilogue in Justice League Unlimited quite well.

The DCAU version of Batman Beyond ended with the end of Batman Beyond 2.0, and they're finally bringing Batman Beyond into the main DC continuity (at least, they say they are now - Hush Beyond was supposed to be in both DC continuity and DCAU continuity when it was running, but they've since stated that it's not in the regular DC continuity). I read the preview version on Comixology, and I'm honestly not really happy with it. They killed off Terry McGinnis and sent Tim Drake from the future, where he replaces Terry as Batman. This would have been fine if it was an alternative story, and the Hush Beyond story line remained in the regular DC comic continuity. But, it's stated to be the first Batman Beyond title in the main continuity, and introducing Terry into the main DC universe, and then killing him immediately kind of rubs me the wrong way. I'll probably give it a chance, since small previews aren't everything, but I'm not optimistic about it.

• edited June 2015
    Yo-da-Man posted: »

https://youtu.be/iOzYGFkRXe0

• edited July 2015

Thread: Which is worse for PC Gamers Batman: Arkham Origins or Arkham Knight?

Source: http://kotaku.com/sources-warner-bros-knew-that-arkham-knight-pc-was-a-1714915219

You can’t buy Batman: Arkham Knight for the PC right now. Warner Bros. pulled it from digital and physical shelves last week, after players found that the PC version had critical performance issues. From what sources tell Kotaku, however, this shouldn’t have been a surprise for Warner Bros.

“I will say that it’s pretty rich for WB to act like they had no idea the game was in such a horrible state,” said one quality assurance tester who worked on the game for years. “It’s been like this for months and all the problems we see now were the exact same, unchanged, almost a year ago.”

Two sources, requesting anonymity to avoid jeopardizing their careers, spoke with Kotaku over the past week in hopes of explaining how the broken PC version of Arkham Knight made it out the door. They both said that Warner Bros. was aware of the many issues facing Arkham Knight on PC and that the publisher chose to ship the game regardless, not to maniacally screw over customers—but because they believed it was good enough.

Warner Bros. did not return my multiple requests for comment.

Many people were expecting Arkham Knight to run fine on PC and banked so much on Rocksteady's reputation. During it's trailer, Arkham fans said, expect this to be flawless unlike Arkham Origins. But then, come release date, gamers got pissed off.

1. So what went wrong? and
    2. compared to how WB responded to Arkham Origins glitches/crashes, etc. issues, How is rocksteady responding so Arkham Knight issues far?
  • What went wrong is Warner Bros is greedy and trifling about its PC user base. The only reason they pulled the game is because Steam, the largest digital outlet on the planet, started giving refunds the same month Arkham Knight released.

What went wrong? They didn't want to invest money cleaning up their crap.

• So i guess there will be no PC platform for Arkham Knight then? How come it's predecessor Arkham City was flawless if not free of many glitches? I thought rocksteady had a good reputation as said by Arkham City gamers.

DAISHI posted: »

What went wrong is Warner Bros is greedy and trifling about its PC user base. The only reason they pulled the game is because Steam, the lar

• Rocksteady isn't in charge of ports, that was the publisher, Warner Bros., who were in charge of the port. They outsourced it to a company known as Iron Galaxy, which rarely does PC ports (they work mostly on consoles). So Iron Galaxy was a little in over its head. Warner Bros. is at the heart of the disaster, not Rocksteady.

Anonymer posted: »

So i guess there will be no PC platform for Arkham Knight then? How come it's predecessor Arkham City was flawless if not free of many glitches? I thought rocksteady had a good reputation as said by Arkham City gamers.

• They both are terrible, Warner Bros. is such a shitty publisher and we just have to thank that Valve finally got their head out of their ass and changed their refund policy to something a lot better though still with many flaws, I would bet that if it weren't for the refunds they would have done the same shitty thing they did with Origins of refusing to patch the game because they were working on DLC which is beyond shameful and shows just how little WB cares about it's customers, seriously though fuck WB, good thing they seem to be prioritizing patching the PC version right now but let's just be honest, they simply are on damage control mode and are trying their hardest to look good after the absolute mess they made, in any case let's just hope this teaches publishers a lesson and that they finally start putting some effort on the PC ports.

As for previous ports, I'm not sure what happened WB used to be actually pretty good with PC versions (F.E.A.R., Arkham Asylum, City, Scribblenauts Unlimited and many of the Lego games for example), I guess they just stopped caring at some point.

• How about Rome Total War 3? I didn't buy Batman so i can't comment on its shittyness. However if you want to hear someone bash Rome Total War 3, I am your MAN.

• edited July 2015

Did WB also take part in the pc porting of Arkham City? because from what i've heard, it's the best of the Arkham series?

DAISHI posted: »

Rocksteady isn't in charge of ports, that was the publisher, Warner Bros., who were in charge of the port. They outsourced it to a company k

• the first Total War i had was Medieval TW II.

CrazyGeorge posted: »

How about Rome Total War 3? I didn't buy Batman so i can't comment on its shittyness. However if you want to hear someone bash Rome Total War 3, I am your MAN.

• I don't know who handled AC, whether it was done internally at Rocksteady or whether Warner Bros outsourced it. As the publisher, WB has the big bucks to decide where the port gets done.

Did WB also take part in the pc porting of Arkham City? because from what i've heard, it's the best of the Arkham series?

• Neither, I haven't had any problems with Arkham Knight or Arkham Origins.

• for AO maybe they were already patched when you got them.
    AK was pulled out of steam i don't think you could play that now on PC.

Gary-Oak posted: »

Neither, I haven't had any problems with Arkham Knight or Arkham Origins.

• Arkham Knight because we still can't fucking play it on PC.

• AK was pulled out of steam i don't think you could play that now on PC

My steam library says otherwise.

for AO maybe they were already patched when you got them. AK was pulled out of steam i don't think you could play that now on PC.

• How come it's predecessor Arkham City was flawless

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztVMib1T4T4

when arkham city first came out on pc it was terrible not as bad as knight but still terrible

So i guess there will be no PC platform for Arkham Knight then? How come it's predecessor Arkham City was flawless if not free of many glitches? I thought rocksteady had a good reputation as said by Arkham City gamers.

• arkham knight, arkham origins was flawless for me and i bought it when it came out, knight works alright for me it just has a few fps drops here and there

• I'm sorry. TW 1 is far better in almost every way.

the first Total War i had was Medieval TW II.

• That is what happens when games companies pass their ports to shitty third party developers who can't code worth shit.

ralo229 posted: »

Arkham Knight because we still can't fucking play it on PC.

• You must be one of the people who doesn't care about 60 FPS, which is a good trait to have in these dissapointing times

Gary-Oak posted: »

Neither, I haven't had any problems with Arkham Knight or Arkham Origins.

• Uh, no, I don't care about 60FPS. However, my game does run at 60FPS.

You must be one of the people who doesn't care about 60 FPS, which is a good trait to have in these dissapointing times

• Really? i never knew about that. because when AO came out. Arkham series fanboys were bashing it saying it was nothing compared to Asylum & City and that City was the best.

Jewfreeus posted: »

How come it's predecessor Arkham City was flawless https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztVMib1T4T4 when arkham city first came out on pc it was terrible not as bad as knight but still terrible

• edited July 2015

Both. The worst thing is it will continue until PC gamers stop getting treated like third rate citizens in the gaming world by the major majority of triple A publishers.

• Here is the source if anyone wants proof Alt text

I hope they do the original story justice, I can see over a thousand ways how they could mess it up...or maybe I'm just anxiously excited.

• Wonder how dark they'll go...

• edited July 2015

You know this means, Make Hamill is coming back again as the Joker!

SPOILER ALERT YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED:

And yes, I know he was the Joker in Arkham Knight

• This was inevitable. It was all but a matter of time before this would happen. Being a DC fan, reading that this is happening is a perfect end to my day! I shall await it with Popcorn and Pasito at the ready.

• Ho, ho, there are much darker stories with the Joker than the Killing Joke that shall never get a true adaption to film (at least not anytime soon), a case in this point being Joker by Brian Azzarello. But, alas, I am with you in that thought. I do not expect them to truely adapt the wholeness of it's level dark atmosphere, but we can hope.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.