New Wolf Among Us Info/Previews - PSA: Releases this Friday (Oct 11) + New Footage on IGN Up at Noon

Comments

• It wouldn't really make sense if they give steam keys from their own shop. In the end this would mean that you get two licenses, the telltale download and a steam key you could give anyone. I don't think this will happen.

• Now that we all pre ordered. I'm sincerely wondering when the game will be released. The graphics look amazing with glowing lights. I cannot wait to play it. I take back most of what I said about frustration about waiting, rejoice its almost finally here. I sincerely hope they don't release an episode before the customers get a chance to play it.

As people said here before, we should be all be allowed to play it at the same time. Big Corporations (IGN) shouldn't get early access.

Any thoughts when the game will be able to be played.

I'm giddy with excitement.

• As they seem to be very close to have a release date, it will be released next week most likely, but that's only my guess.

fusedmass posted: »

Now that we all pre ordered. I'm sincerely wondering when the game will be released. The graphics look amazing with glowing lights. I cannot w

• VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited October 2013

Now tell me all these small time indie people who put their game up on Steam.....how exactly would they pay to give their THOUSANDS of original backers Steam keys?

By giving a fixed percentage of their sales profits to Valve of course. Steam is not a charity, a simple customer survey like Greenlight doesn't change that situation, and Valve is not in the habit of making presents to an actual competitor like the Humble Store. What Steam hosts, Steam gets money for. I can not believe any other rule to be true.

Indie developers are in a difficult situation to get their game promoted. Selling your game on Steam gets it promoted in a sense. It will eat up 30% of the dev's profit per sale, but the game will rise in Steam's sales hitlist, and as soon as they hit the top 10, regular Steamites take notice of the game and, wham, sales explode. Frankly, the more you sell on Steam, the more you sell on Steam, which is why many indies actually PREFER to be Steam exclusive. It's also why on the smaller indie sites, developers risk the 30% loss by handing out Steam keys in addition to their store version, so these purchases still count as Steam sales and let the game rise on their hitlist, thus prompting more sales.

I'm kinda glad Telltale offers an alternative.

Not sure if you've heard of Steam Greenlit or not..... A lot of people buy these games from other services such as Humble Bundles , Groupees ,

• Finally! This is good news for any PC/Mac gamer. I'm still debating whether I want to start my Fables playthrough on my Mac or switch out on the PS3 like WD. Hmm...

• Any sign of the IGN Up at Noon being up soon?

• Damn it! I don't have 30 bucks to buy the game atm. :(
    I'll just wait for Ep. 1 to release on Xbox Live and buy it there.

How much does one episode cost?

• Where did you read it cost 30 bucks. Steam is selling it for a cool 22 dollars. It cost an average of 5 dollars per episode though.

TinyCarlos posted: »

Damn it! I don't have 30 bucks to buy the game atm. I'll just wait for Ep. 1 to release on Xbox Live and buy it there. How much does one episode cost?

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited October 2013

Each individual episode is five dollars. The whole season will be $25, but for now it is only $22.49 if I remember correctly. In other words, it's much closer to $20 than it is to $30 right now if that helps.

Damn it! I don't have 30 bucks to buy the game atm. I'll just wait for Ep. 1 to release on Xbox Live and buy it there. How much does one episode cost?

• How much does one episode cost?

5$ as always. ;)

• Was an estimation.

fusedmass posted: »

Where did you read it cost 30 bucks. Steam is selling it for a cool 22 dollars. It cost an average of 5 dollars per episode though.

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited October 2013

Steam has the titles of all the episodes up:

• Episode One: Faith

• Episode Two: Smoke and Mirrors

• Episode Three: A Crooked Mile

• Episode Four: In Sheep's Clothing

• Episode Five: Cry Wolf

• So does the TTG "My games" page ^^

Steam has the titles of all the episodes up: * Episode One: Faith * Episode Two: Smoke and Mirrors * Episode Three: A Crooked Mile * Episode Four: In Sheep's Clothing * Episode Five: Cry Wolf

• I just want to note. That you pay for shipping and handling if you buy directly from Tell Tale. Someone give me the link the Tell Tale store. It would be massively easier if the location was easier to find.

• puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni

Any sign of the IGN Up at Noon being up soon?

We just filmed at the IGN office today, the final video will be available this coming Monday.

I just want to note. That you pay for shipping and handling if you buy directly from Tell Tale.

You only pay shipping and handling if you want to have the end-of-season DVD sent to you. If you purchase the season pass, you'll still be able to download and play each episode as it comes out, and there's no obligation to get the DVD if you don't want to spend extra on shipping. :)

• Will you have to download each episode as a exe (Like Sam & Max) or will it be as in TWD that you have the episodes in the menu in the main game.

puzzlebox posted: »

Any sign of the IGN Up at Noon being up soon? We just filmed at the IGN office today, the final video will be available this coming Mo

• Two questions for anyone that can answer:

1 - If I buy from the Telltale store, can you deliver to England for the DVD at the end?
    2 - Again, if i buy from the Telltale store, are they Steam keys?

• 1). Yes, Telltale will ship the DVD pretty much anywhere in the world (it's awesome that the DVD's are back btw) & 2). No - it's not Steam Keys.

GavinUK86 posted: »

Two questions for anyone that can answer: 1 - If I buy from the Telltale store, can you deliver to England for the DVD at the end? 2 - Again, if i buy from the Telltale store, are they Steam keys?

• Is there a season pass pre-order available for X360? Thanks

• "Jurassic Park" was the same - must have been part of the licensing agreements...

tobar posted: »

It's great that they're bringing back dvd copies of the game for everyone that pre-orders. But now it makes me wish they had done it for TWD all the more. Now there's a gap! D=

• I don't think Xbox provides pre orders for Xbox Live Arcade titles, although a Season Pass is supposed to be provided once the game comes out.

• I say this as someone who's brought every Telltale game since Sam and Max - thanks, but no thanks Telltale.

I can tolerate your dodgy track record for releasing on time, but what I can't deal with was how absolutely broken the experience was trying to download new episodes of The Walking Dead on a Mac.

Oh, and stop selling Sam and Max as a three series PC/Mac pack when season one isn't available on Mac.

• I pre ordered mine. I simply cannot wait.

• What exactly is on the DVD? If I'm going to download each episode anyway, why do I need a DVD?

• You get a copy of the game on DVD and I'm not honestly sure, maybe gift it to a friend. Tell Tale should come out with a tad better options for for buying directly from their site.

Ronpower posted: »

What exactly is on the DVD? If I'm going to download each episode anyway, why do I need a DVD?

• @Ronpower wrote:

>

What exactly is on the DVD? If I'm going to download each episode anyway, why do I need a DVD?

In the past, Telltale's collector's DVDs have featured such things as creator commentaries for the episodes, all of the trailers made for the season, interviews with the developers, outtakes, digital versions of the soundtracks, among other things.

The collector's DVD for The Wolf Among Us might contain all of these, it might contain some of these, or it might contain extras we've never seen before. We won't know for sure what extras it includes until the DVD is finalized at the end of the season.

• Thanks for the reply, Vainamoinen. I'm not sure that's the case, considering every single developer whose game I purchased in the past year or two gave me a free Steam key with my purchase, when the game is available on the service.

And I'm aware past purchasers at the TT store weren't given keys, save for a couple of exceptions (S&M, and TWD). I should know, considering I own all of TT's games. :)

Oh well, I think I will pass on the DVD. I always like to support developers directly, whenever possible, but not at the expense of losing functionalities.

Vainamoinen posted: »

I believe Valve takes exactly the same lump sum per handed out key as they usually would with a purchase from their site, because they would n

edited October 2013

@Funktion wrote: Thanks for the reply, Vainamoinen. I'm not sure that's the case, considering every single developer whose game I purchased in the past year or two gave me a free Steam key with my purchase, when the game is available on the service.

I concede I can't give you definite confirmation of the things I stated, because these deals are not exactly public, but I believe it very much is implicit. The Valve guys ARE very potent businessmen, that much is certain. Providing download services for literally millions and millions and millions of games out of sheer altruism, that is just not the path of a successful business. How exactly would it pay for Steam if every game bought on their platform gets them money, but every game bought in the Telltale Store but still redeemed on their platforum would not? It doesn't make sense.

@Blind_Sniper wrote: Steam has the titles of all the episodes up:

They have been visible to Telltale forum users for a month now - the titles actually are in the drop down menu when you mark your post as spoiler. I was wondering when you guys would find out. Seems like no one did. ;)

Funktion posted: »

Thanks for the reply, Vainamoinen. I'm not sure that's the case, considering every single developer whose game I purchased in the past year or

• it's not a game dvd it'll be videos.. interviews, behind the scenes etc etc.

edited October 2013

it's not a game dvd it'll be videos.. interviews, behind the scenes etc etc.

No, of COURSE it's a game DVD.

But there are ALSO making ofs, trailers and the like.

GavinUK86 posted: »

it's not a game dvd it'll be videos.. interviews, behind the scenes etc etc.

• Would it be possible to gift the DVD to someone? Or is the game like... bound to our profile?

Vainamoinen posted: »

it's not a game dvd it'll be videos.. interviews, behind the scenes etc etc. No, of COURSE it's a game DVD. But there are ALSO making ofs, trailers and the like.

• Season DVDs of past games were never bound to the profile! The early Season DVDs had a simple disc check as a copy protection mechanism, the later DVDs had no copy protection at all. The gifting of 'your' game DVD to someone else is certainly possible mechanically - it's a bit more complicated from a legal position. After all, you buy the game just once, and if you gifted the Season DVD to someone else, you still retain the digital download opportunity from your profile. I don't know how OK Telltale would be with that.

Davisx3m posted: »

Would it be possible to gift the DVD to someone? Or is the game like... bound to our profile?

• edited October 2013

Okay, will wait for some words from TTG in that matter. :)

Btw will the TTG Store version have achivements? :o

• The wait for episode 1 for X360 starts now. :(

edited October 2013

@Davisx3m wrote: Btw will the TTG Store version have achivements?

The only Telltale Store PC/Mac game with flat out achievements was Jurassic Park, IIRC. I'm not a big fan of the principle, so I'm actually hoping that TWaU from the Telltale Store does not try to go this way, and it really WOULD be an unusual feature for the Store version. The Steam version, on the other hand, will undoubtedly have achievements.

• edited October 2013

I might be double posting but I can't find the post I just made.

Green Man Gaming is offering the 10% off on The Wolf Among Us (http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/en/pc/games/adventure/wolf-among-us/) as well.

According to Kokutu, you can add this weekend's voucher code (GMG25-J2566-L2GHZ) to get the season at $17! (Wish I knew about that. ;))

For whatever reason, GMG is making this purchase link to Telltale. So you might be eligible for the DVD collection as well!

• @holisk
    That site says it will be release on October 11th?
    COULD IT BE TRUE?!??!?!?!?!??!

holisk posted: »

I might be double posting but I can't find the post I just made. Green Man Gaming is offering the 10% off on The Wolf Among Us (http://www.

• JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited October 2013

Often times sites will put placeholder dates in there just so that they have something to show. Don't believe release dates you read on other sites, just those that are posted or confirmed by Telltale staff.

@holisk That site says it will be release on October 11th? COULD IT BE TRUE?!??!?!?!?!??!

• I don't know about you but my wait started a long time ago.

The wait for episode 1 for X360 starts now.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.