New Wolf Among Us Info/Previews - PSA: Releases this Friday (Oct 11) + New Footage on IGN Up at Noon

Comments

• Wow @fusedmass, you are really doing this in here too? You know some people actually want to discuss these new games, not continue the perpetual release date bitching machine you seem to be a part of? It's something that gets more and more tiring to see with every release as it gets worse.

You just can't resist playing victim, trying to vilify long time users when they point out that what you are doing is nothing new, pointless, and annoying.

• Again. I'm not going to waste breath. I'm simply going to say. It's my right to ask about release date. No amount of your cyber bullying tactics can stop me. So why don't you stop with this harassment. Their are laws against that in some places. You just want continue your verbal rambling.

Well back on point. I wonder what its taking so long.

Dildor posted: »

Wow @fusedmass, you are really doing this in here too? You know some people actually want to discuss these new games, not continue the perpet

• Wait... wait a second... you... have rights?! NO FUCKING WAY! :D ME TOO!

Please whatever you do, don't call the cyber police on me. I don't want to go to jail over this.

• VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited October 2013

Can we not have the same kind of aggression in here than over in the TWD forum? Thanks.

As for the constant asking about the release date, almost every Telltale newbie starts out this way. It's a simple learning process. We'll have a release date this week probably. Then episode one releases and not a week later, people will start asking for a release date for episode 2. "Why don't they give us a release date". "Every other company can". And so on, and so on. It takes a few months.

Dildor, there's no need to be worked up about this kind of behavior. It's natural for people new to Telltale who haven't ever experienced how their releases work. It's a learning curve, give it time, and show a bit of patience with the guys!

• Hi @fusedmass. This has been explained many times in many threads in reply to your comments about the release date, but in case you missed it:

There are many factors that affect Telltale's release schedule, and there are good reasons why they don't announce the release date until very late in the process:

• They only have a small team working on any particular game, and that includes support. They prefer a 'release once' approach where once an episode is released, they can forget about it and concentrate on the next ones. If they were to release too early, the probability of a game-breaking bug appears and they would have to concentrate on fixing that rather than finishing the next episodes. Nobody wants that.
    • Once the episode is in a state where Telltale are confident that it doesn't contain any major bugs, they release it to their online distribution partners for quality control. On the Steam platform this is a short process and can be delayed until the last minute. However, on the XBLA and PSN platforms it's a different matter -- both Microsoft and Sony have strict rules for inclusion on their platform, and seem to take their time qualifying the product for inclusion.
    • Once the qualification process has completed, it can be scheduled for release. It's at this point that we'll get a release date, and it's usually only a few days or a week before the release actually happens.
    • Telltale could release on PC early, but it's natural that once the game is out there, people will talk about it. Spoilers are inevitable, so they aim to release on all platforms simultaneously (or as simultaneously as is possible given when PSN and XBLA update).
    • While waiting for the PSN and XBLA versions to be qualified, Telltale continue to work on the PC version, polishing the graphics and gameplay so that you get the best experience possible.

In short: They could release it now on PC and Mac, but Playstation and XBOX users would complain. When it's ready to go on all platforms, you'll get a release date. It really won't be long now.

PS Once the first episode is out, the same process applies for the next episode. Telltale usually aim for a monthly release schedule but factors outside their control (e.g. PSN/XBLA qualification, major bugs, etc.) will affect it. Being a Telltale fan requires patience and a sense of humour -- if you're lacking either, I'd suggest forgetting about these games until the whole season is out there.

• fusedmassfusedmass Banned
    edited October 2013

@Dildor

It's amazing to me. After I said stop the harassment on me. I said that about three posts back. Yet you continue to flap your mouth. It's even more amazing you haven't gotten into trouble. Considering you are doing what the textbook meaning of the word "harassment" is. I would kindly flag your post and all future posts that well...considered harassment. ..

Harassment (/h€€ræsm€nt/ or /€hær€sm€nt/) covers a wide range of behaviours of an offensive nature. It is commonly understood as behaviour intended to disturb or upset, and it is characteristically repetitive

Dildor posted: »

Wait... wait a second... you... have rights?! NO FUCKING WAY! ME TOO! Please whatever you do, don't call the cyber police on me. I don't want to go to jail over this.

• Enough. The discussion about 'harrassment' and the insult flinging stops NOW. Thanks.

• funny thing i was reading the specs and thought what no vista support ? But then i realised it's doesn't matter because i'm leaning towards the xbox this time around.

still getting twd s2 on pc though.

• @Vainamoinen -- Just getting back to you, and to anyone who's interested, about Green Man Gaming offering 25% off The Wolf Among Us. They confirmed to me via twitter that it is NOT a steam key and it IS a redeemable code for the Telltale store. Which now raises the question, by purchasing The Wolf Among Us this way, can we get the DVD & how do you redeem a code on the store? I've had a quick look around, emphasis on quick, and I couldn't find anywhere to redeem anything. Anyone know?

• JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited October 2013

@GavinUK86 wrote:

>

Just getting back to you, and to anyone who's interested, about Green Man Gaming offering 25% off The Wolf Among Us. They confirmed to me via twitter that it is NOT a steam key and it IS a redeemable code for the Telltale store. Which now raises the question, by purchasing The Wolf Among Us this way, can we get the DVD & how do you redeem a code on the store? I've had a quick look around, emphasis on quick, and I couldn't find anywhere to redeem anything. Anyone know?

At the end of the season, you're given the option to buy the DVD if you have the game in your account. I won the season of Wallace & Gromit's Grand Adventures back in 2009 via code redemption at the Telltale Store, and I was eligible for the DVD since the system detected I have the game in the store. So, yes, you should be able to get the DVD if the game code is redeemable here.

Use this link to redeem the code (it's also accessible via the menu at the bottom of the page).

GavinUK86 posted: »

@Vainamoinen -- Just getting back to you, and to anyone who's interested, about Green Man Gaming offering 25% off The Wolf Among Us. They conf

• Thank you very much Jennifer and DUH! now I see the "Redeem Product Code" link at the bottom!! It must of been hiding from me until someone pointed out the obvious lol.

Jennifer posted: »

@GavinUK86 wrote: > Just getting back to you, and to anyone who's interested, about Green Man Gaming offering 25% off The Wol

• Does anyone know if there'll be any kind of pre-load? Understandable if not, it's not like it's a large download.

• There has never been anything like that in Telltale's history. Times sometimes change though. ;)

Does anyone know if there'll be any kind of pre-load? Understandable if not, it's not like it's a large download.

• Yup! Friday October 11th!!!!!

• SWEET!!1 15th for PSN I assume

• SWEET!!1 15th for PSN I assume

Most logical assumption for PSN North America, yup. PSN Europe might lag a bit behind though.

SWEET!!1 15th for PSN I assume

• I'm so happy for you guys. :)

• I guess I'll be sitting back smoking huff and puffs this weekend

• Looking forward to friday. :)

• I wanted this. I was looking forward to this. But I'm not getting this. I'm getting an Xbox One next month, and I'm pretty sure if I buy a season pass for my Xbox 360, barely two episodes will be released by the time I switch systems. I'm not keeping my 360, so I'd have no way to play the other episodes. My computer sucks so that's not an option.

I guess I'll just hope for an Xbox One re-release down the road.

• Be right back, canceling all plans for Friday...

• edited October 2013

@TheHuntsman -- How bad is your PC because Telltale games have a really low entry bar as far as specs go?

I wanted this. I was looking forward to this. But I'm not getting this. I'm getting an Xbox One next month, and I'm pretty sure if I buy a

• Had anyone been able to confirm a ps3 release date?

• I think Telltale's Facebook post said they were still working out a date with Sony for the PSN Release.

CiscoKidd81 posted: »

Had anyone been able to confirm a ps3 release date?

• Nothing confirmed for PS3.
    I'm guessing we'll get a release date for that later in the week or in the weekend.
    I'm guessing the 15th for PS3. It's kinda funny actually, hasn't PSN always released TWD episodes first and then XBOX and PC the next day?

• FreddeN93FreddeN93 Banned
    edited October 2013

Do you have to read the comics to understand the game? I might purchase TWAU but will it make any sense to me if I never touched a Fables comic in my life? And I'm not really into fairytales, but I still want a game with a deep story with the possibility to decide myself how the story turns out.

• Are we absolutely sure that TT will actually make the 11th release date? Anyone else remember TWD release? We may all end up waiting till the 15th when the PSN version releases...seriously though why TT have you forsaken ps3 users...?

• edited October 2013

freddie it's a prequel to the comics.

same art style and gritty feel to them.

beguiller sony are idiots or just take longer to test stuff (not with the vita twd though)

FreddeN93 posted: »

Do you have to read the comics to understand the game? I might purchase TWAU but will it make any sense to me if I never touched a Fables comi

• edited October 2013

oops double post no delete ??

beguiler posted: »

Are we absolutely sure that TT will actually make the 11th release date? Anyone else remember TWD release? We may all end up waiting till the 15th when the PSN version releases...seriously though why TT have you forsaken ps3 users...?

• darn you sony and your idiocy...everyone on here will have to tell me how good the game is over the weekend while I wait it out to play on my ps3

freddie it's a prequel to the comics. same art style and gritty feel to them. beguiller sony are idiots or just take longer to test stuff (not with the vita twd though)

• @beguiler
    Yes, it's confirmed that it will be releasing the 11th on XBOX and PC.
    You can see so on their facebook page.(Telltale's of course)

• i assume steam will have it as well?

TinyCarlos posted: »

@beguiler Yes, it's confirmed that it will be releasing the 11th on XBOX and PC. You can see so on their facebook page.(Telltale's of course)

• @TinyCarlos I was referring to when TWD was supposed to release on TT's site on the 24th but due to server error didn't release on time. You know how a TT release goes...

TinyCarlos posted: »

@beguiler Yes, it's confirmed that it will be releasing the 11th on XBOX and PC. You can see so on their facebook page.(Telltale's of course)

• edited October 2013

multicolt steam is on pc right ? ;) ;)

so friday,

but of course ttg won't release it outside of office hours.

multicolt posted: »

i assume steam will have it as well?

• Telltale just tweeted we get a new trailer tomorrow.

• Do you have to read the comics to understand the game? I might purchase TWAU but will it make any sense to me if I never touched a Fables comic in my life? And I'm not really into fairytales, but I still want a game with a deep story with the possibility to decide myself how the story turns out.

Telltale says that the game will be for both people who have and have not read the comics. They are making it accessible for new fans such as us so we should be fine.

FreddeN93 posted: »

Do you have to read the comics to understand the game? I might purchase TWAU but will it make any sense to me if I never touched a Fables comi

Sign in to comment in this discussion.