New Wolf Among Us Info/Previews - PSA: Releases this Friday (Oct 11) + New Footage on IGN Up at Noon

Comments

• @Milosuperspesh So, will I be a big question mark if I buy it and get right to it? Or will I enjoy it even though I have no clue what the comics is about?

freddie it's a prequel to the comics. same art style and gritty feel to them. beguiller sony are idiots or just take longer to test stuff (not with the vita twd though)

• I'd rather not read the comics until after the 5 episodes are released. :)
    Just in case!

• Isnt the whole series supposed to be prequel? I don't think you'll be spoiled.

• That's correct. The whole series takes place over a decade before the first issue. You all should be fine.

KCohere posted: »

Isnt the whole series supposed to be prequel? I don't think you'll be spoiled.

• Screw it. I'm risking to play another choice-and-consequence game on my Mac again after TWD. I can't handle waiting a "few" more days for the PS3 release!

• I wonder what changed. I remember with TWD PSN always seemed to have it the same day or a day earlier.

I can't find the post but I remember a long time ago in the TWD forum one of the delay reasons was the PC version was done but TTG was waiting for certification from PSN and XBOX. After that folks were asking why the PC version did not get released first and it came out that with the xbox and PSN agreement the game must be released on PSN and xbox on the same day or before other platforms.

I'm surprised PSN is getting the game so late.

• Im glad they are finally offering season passes for the xbox. I prefer playing on my console rather than my laptop.

• The previews for the game indicate that there are certain choices that mean we experience one scenario over another. This sounds great, but I'd be really interested in being able to play the game in various different ways. Do we know yet if it's possible to have multiple save slots so that we can explore different options / personality choices for Bigby?

• Ah once again we Europeans have to wait longer oh well have fun on friday guys.

• @freddieN93

The fables are about characters from nursery ryhmes/legends/old made up stories who for what ever reason have left their own 'worlds' and joined / found a way in to our real world and like an exile and are trying to live peacefully (in most cases) like a human.

Ps not actually read them either but thats what i've gleamed from the info given so far on the game :P

as for the psn being later than the xbox/pc that happened with twd s1 ep1 then most of the following episodes had psn america first and pc second xbox 3rd psn europe last.

FreddeN93 posted: »

@Milosuperspesh So, will I be a big question mark if I buy it and get right to it? Or will I enjoy it even though I have no clue what the comics is about?

• TWAU took 32 months to release.

• edited October 2013

Alt text

Memories... was King's Quest cancelled by the way?

TWAU took 32 months to release.

• Yup, Telltale silently cancelled it in April.

Fazz posted: »

Memories... was King's Quest cancelled by the way?

• TWD's wait is nothing compared to TWAU's wait. I'm glad TWAU fans can finally play it after all of that waiting. Almost a three year wait. That's insane. I'm glad TWD's wait actually isn't that bad only like a 11 month wait for S2, not that bad compared to TWAU.

• ProfanityProfanity Banned
    edited October 2013

Alt text

Who Telltale loves the most? Me.

• Launch trailer!!!!

• edited October 2013

o come one that just makes me want to play it now... -_- lol

• Oogie Boogie!

• Wow so the Woodsman is in this. We only see him once (in the comics) to show's Bigsby ability to heal. Seeing how he is in the game, I say this game will have a lot of information about Bigsby's past and the Fabletown compact.

I still don't know who the girl with short hair is with the cigarette. It's not Red Riding Hood as she is introduced in the comics as she joins Fabletown.

• VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited October 2013

There are also new characters in TWaU, you know. ;)

But these spoiler tags are coming along great. ;) ;)

• @holisk If I had to take a wild guess on the girl with short hair and cigarette, i'd say she is little bo peep? maybe gretel from hansel and gretel?

Her being with the woodsmen does make it hard to pin down because as you mention red riding hood would be the obvious choice but it can't be if it's a prequel...curious...

• Awesome trailer, I'm so pumped to get this on friday.

• Only 2 more days.

• Regarding the trailer, Oogie Boogie isn't a "classic lore" fable and is just a character from Nightmare Before Christmas right? If so, I think it's interesting that Telltale is dipping into characters outside of the typical "classic lore" fables.

• Really interesting! :D

• I was just about to post this lol

Davisx3m posted: »

Really interesting!

• Bigby sounds NOTHING like Adam Harrington. Holy crap

• Bigby sounds NOTHING like Adam Harrington. Holy crap

Is that good or bad?

TinyCarlos posted: »

Bigby sounds NOTHING like Adam Harrington. Holy crap

• I'd guess he was impressed with how different he could sound; not in a "good" way but in a "versatile" way if you catch my drift.

Davisx3m posted: »

Bigby sounds NOTHING like Adam Harrington. Holy crap Is that good or bad?

• what was the thing at the end ?

I'd guess he was impressed with how different he could sound; not in a "good" way but in a "versatile" way if you catch my drift.

• what was the thing at the end ?

Oogie Boogie from Nightmare Before Christmas.

• edited October 2013

Characters I recognize from the comic:

-Bigby
    -Bluebeard
    -The one who is the mayor at the time the game is set (can't remember his name)
    -Beast
    -Beauty (the one who asks if it was one of us who did this, I think)
    -Bufkin
    -Snow White (I think?)

Characters I don't recognize:

-The girl in the skirt with a blackeye
    -Guy with blue hair who tells Bigby to go fuck himself
    -Frog person
    -The one who comes out of the closet
    -The monster at the end

• edited October 2013

Wait, Fabrimuch, Bluebeard was shown? I couldn't find him...

• JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited October 2013

Blind Sniper wrote:

>

Regarding the trailer, Oogie Boogie isn't a "classic lore" fable and is just a character from Nightmare Before Christmas right?

Oogie Boogie is a boogie man (hence his name), who is referred to in many countries as a sack man (which is why he is literally a sack man in Nightmare Before Christmas).

The Wolf Among Us is apparently taking the same path as being inspired by the sack man legend. Because of his sack like appearance, he's most likely a bogeyman (or a sack man), but I'm sure he's not Oogie Boogie (since that character is owned by Disney, and The Wolf Among Us is licensed to Telltale by Warner Bros, not Disney).

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited October 2013

Nice find Jennifer, clears up a lot. I was going to say that I thought it was weird they used the specific version of him I mentioned.

• Of course him not sounding anything like Adam is good.
    It proves he can pull off many characters. Geez, nobody would know Bigby is Andy St. John...

• Of course him not sounding anything like Adam is good. It proves he can pull off many characters. Geez, nobody would know Bigby is Andy St. John...

...Or that Clementine was Girl Stinky from Sam and Max Seasons 2 and 3, Edna in Back to the Future, or other comedic characters in Telltale's older games.

TinyCarlos posted: »

Of course him not sounding anything like Adam is good. It proves he can pull off many characters. Geez, nobody would know Bigby is Andy St. John...

• edited October 2013

Knowing what I know of Bo Peep and Gretel's storylines, I don't think so. I think she's just a random fable. I thought it was Rose Red at first until I realized she doesn't have red hair, lol

Sign in to comment in this discussion.