New Wolf Among Us Info/Previews - PSA: Releases this Friday (Oct 11) + New Footage on IGN Up at Noon

Comments

• will you be streaming live?

fusedmass posted: »

Now that we all pre ordered. I'm sincerely wondering when the game will be released. The graphics look amazing with glowing lights. I cannot w

• VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited October 2013

That site says it will be release on October 11th? COULD IT BE TRUE?!??!?!?!?!??!

Could be, could be, who knows. But if I were you, I wouldn't bet my money on a Friday.
    Since TWD, the Tuesdays and Wednesdays have become the more interesting points in time. ;)

TinyCarlos posted: »

@holisk That site says it will be release on October 11th? COULD IT BE TRUE?!??!?!?!?!??!

• Agreed. I've been thinking of a release date of Tuesday for TWD2

• So will this game be rated M or what? No rating yet? :P

• I think it has an M rating.

• KevinKevin Telltale Alumni

Confirming an "M" rating.

• it has nudity..definitely M

So will this game be rated M or what? No rating yet? :P

• It does? I knew it has sexual themes, but nudity? Hmm, wasn't aware.

• I'm glad Telltale is moving onto more mature video games. No offense, Telltale...but you've made some childish games. :P
    DON'T WORRY, I STILL LOVE THEM! <3

• I'm sorry partial nudity. which doesn't surprise me since reading fables Vol 1

It does? I knew it has sexual themes, but nudity? Hmm, wasn't aware.

• puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni

ESRB Rating: MATURE with Intense Violence, Blood and Gore, Sexual Themes, Partial Nudity, Strong Language, and Use of Alcohol and Tobacco.

I think that's actually MORE descriptors than we had for The Walking Dead... though anyone already familiar with the Fables comics wouldn't be surprised by anything in that list.

• What time on Monday does this game release

• Don't think the game releases Monday. A release date has not been announced yet if I recall.

What time on Monday does this game release

• Aww, well that sucks..

• I'm hoping Oct 8th or October 15th

• October 11th would be the perfect date.

I'm hoping Oct 8th or October 15th

• Release it October 7-15th.

• edited October 2013

Did anyone else notice TTG retweeted this!

PlayStation @PlayStation
    by telltalegames
    PlayStation Blogcast 092 is live: bit.ly/GFNIYv @telltalegames on The Wolf Among Us, new @bungie profile, new releases for 10/8/13
    about 7 hours ago

Spoilers

Voice actors who did Andy St. John, Kenny, and Clementine all have parts in TWAU. Not sure what episode the sony cast was not clear.

• Tell tale, if it wouldn't be too much trouble. Could you release the game for PC users today, thanks.

• @fusedmass wrote:

>

Tell tale, if it wouldn't be too much trouble. Could you release the game for PC users today, thanks.

Telltale offices aren't even open on the weekends. The presence of the PC/Mac pre-orders means that it's not too long now, the release dates will be announced soon (and then the release will happen soon after, Telltale generally makes announcements of firm release dates only a week or so before the release date).

Tell tale, if it wouldn't be too much trouble. Could you release the game for PC users today, thanks.

• Well Telltale has a lot to compete with after this week. Pokemon X and Y will be out in 6 days.

Honestly, they got to decide (quickly or already have done) because in 6 days, the entire world will be in a Pokemon frenzy.

• I'd rather play TWAU then Pokemon tbh :P
    Even though I do like Pokemon. ^^

holisk posted: »

Well Telltale has a lot to compete with after this week. Pokemon X and Y will be out in 6 days. Honestly, they got to decide (quickly or already have done) because in 6 days, the entire world will be in a Pokemon frenzy.

• Well Telltale has a lot to compete with after this week. Pokemon X and Y will be out in 6 days.

Honestly, they got to decide (quickly or already have done) because in 6 days, the entire world will be in a Pokemon frenzy.

I'm not sure they're shooting for the same player base as Pokemon.

Well Telltale has a lot to compete with after this week. Pokemon X and Y will be out in 6 days. Honestly, they got to decide (quickly or already have done) because in 6 days, the entire world will be in a Pokemon frenzy.

• I agree with you but I can guarantee you that a majority of gamers will be focused on Pokemon.

I know I will though I will take a break for play the first episode.

Profanity posted: »

Well Telltale has a lot to compete with after this week. Pokemon X and Y will be out in 6 days. Honestly, they got to decide (quickly o

• It will probably just be a two or three hour break... I'm sure the Pokemon fanbase can handle that. ;)

I agree with you but I can guarantee you that a majority of gamers will be focused on Pokemon. I know I will though I will take a break for play the first episode.

• I'm gonna be one of those people busy playing Pokémon Y I have it pre-ordered and have been keeping tracks of all the leaks can't wait but I really hope this comes out Tuesday.

• Green Man Gaming has the release date as the 11th. Does anyone know if that's accurate?

• VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited October 2013

Green Man Gaming has the release date as the 11th. Does anyone know if that's accurate?

As I said: no one knows whether it's accurate. Of course not - there's no official info from Telltale yet, and that's the only relevant source.

Maybe Green Man Gaming just believes the 'early October' release window to still be true, deducts Saturday and Sunday next week as possible dates and, wham, Friday 11th would be about the last possible release date to still make 'early October'.

But, seriously, no one knows.

Green Man Gaming has the release date as the 11th. Does anyone know if that's accurate?

• Green Man Gaming has the release date as the 11th. Does anyone know if that's accurate?

Could be. Considering that tweet thing about it being on playstation on the 8th, greenman gaming saying it's on the 11th and Steam putting it in the coming soon list between a game that releases on the 10th and a game that releases on the 15th, even though a game with no date should be at the end of the month's part in the list.

• Considering that tweet thing about it being on playstation on the 8th

What... tweet?

Profanity posted: »

Green Man Gaming has the release date as the 11th. Does anyone know if that's accurate? Could be. Considering that tweet thing about i

• What... tweet?

I guess he's talking about this.

PlayStation ‏@PlayStation 19h
    PlayStation Blogcast 092 is live: http://bit.ly/GFNIYv @TelltaleGames on The Wolf Among Us, new @Bungie profile, new releases for 10/8/13

Vainamoinen posted: »

Considering that tweet thing about it being on playstation on the 8th What... tweet?

• edited October 2013

so what about the xbox any leaks or hints as to when thats out ?

Davisx3m posted: »

What... tweet? I guess he's talking about this. PlayStation ‏@PlayStation 19h PlayStation Blogcast 092 is live: http://bit.ly/GFNIYv @TelltaleGames on The Wolf Among Us, new @Bungie profile, new releases for 10/8/13

• Even though I'm guessing Davisx3m was already implying this, I'm going to outright say it as I think some may have misinterpreted the tweet. I would be inclined to think that the October 8th date only applied to games that they mentioned would be coming out on the 8th during the podcast. The date on the tweet did not apply to Wolf Among Us. By that logic, Destiny would also be releasing on the 8th.

• I wish they would just release the game.

• Usually those podcast leak things to come early and tells whats ahead in the coming weeks so either this Tuesday or next Tuesday. Well if we don't hear it from Telltale we will hear it from Playstation's Blog of "Drop of the Week" either this evening or tomorrow morning.

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited October 2013

Not really shocked about that. I'd say around next week or so sounds like a safe guess, if not than the week after. Obviously Telltale will slightly miss their "Early October" guess, especially after the game has been delayed time and time again in the past since the initial Q1 2012 release date, but it looks like the wait will certainly be worth it. The production qualities for this game look really high for Telltale, even compared to their newer titles such as Walking Dead so I honestly don't mind.

Alright nevermind the blog is already out SORRY GUYS NOT THIS WEEK http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/10/06/the-drop-new-playstation-releases-for-october-8th-2013/

• early october doesn't end till the 14/15/16th ;)

Not really shocked about that. I'd say around next week or so sounds like a safe guess, if not than the week after. Obviously Telltale will sl

• will the t-shirts sold at Pax Prime be available when the game releases? I'd like to purchase one.

puzzlebox posted: »

Any sign of the IGN Up at Noon being up soon? We just filmed at the IGN office today, the final video will be available this coming Mo

• Just pre-ordered off the Telltale Store. This is gonna be FUN!

Sign in to comment in this discussion.