New Wolf Among Us Info/Previews - PSA: Releases this Friday (Oct 11) + New Footage on IGN Up at Noon

Comments

• the DVD and the extras sound fun, but i like steam for the convenience, i may have gone for it if it gave steam keys, but i and gonna pre-order on steam

• edited October 2013

@MissDRJ -I kinda doubt that the PAX shirts will be sold. The PAX promo shirts for TWD last year were only given out AT PAX, and not sold anywhere else. I'm assuming that's the case with Wolf Among Us.

MissDRJ posted: »

will the t-shirts sold at Pax Prime be available when the game releases? I'd like to purchase one.

• edited October 2013

actually the price is good, i may get the DVD

• @MissDRJ -I kinda doubt that the PAX shirts will be sold. The PAX promo shirts for TWD last year were only given out AT PAX, and not sold anywhere else. I'm assuming that's the case with Wolf Among Us.

Ebay, here DRJ comes.

Zeruis posted: »

@MissDRJ -I kinda doubt that the PAX shirts will be sold. The PAX promo shirts for TWD last year were only given out AT PAX, and not sold anywhere else. I'm assuming that's the case with Wolf Among Us.

• edited October 2013

I agree that Steam is more convenient but if someone at Telltale could confirm for me that people, like myself, in England will be eligible to get the DVD I think that'll be enough for me to get it direct from the Telltale store. Well, as long as the stated "shipping & handling cost" isn't extortionate and/or the DVD will take months to arrive.

• Anyone anywhere can get the DVD, but am not sure how much the shipping costs would be. I think the last time I got one it cost about $9, and it didn't take that long to get here (a couple of weeks to a month) but that was a couple of years ago now.

GavinUK86 posted: »

I agree that Steam is more convenient but if someone at Telltale could confirm for me that people, like myself, in England will be eligible to

• hmm it would be profitable if they did sell T-shirts and memorabilia, i would like a mug that says "Ben I swear to god!"

Zeruis posted: »

• already checked can't find one

Profanity posted: »

@MissDRJ -I kinda doubt that the PAX shirts will be sold. The PAX promo shirts for TWD last year were only given out AT PAX, and not sold anywhere else. I'm assuming that's the case with Wolf Among Us. Ebay, here DRJ comes.

• I'm curious, were gamers allowed to record the demo at pax?

puzzlebox posted: »

Bloody Eugene wrote: » EARLY WINTER?????? :O Vainamoinen's right - don't worry! Like all the other sources said, we're aiming for a late September / early October release. That hasn't changed.

• Errrr... MissDRJ, "edit post" is still available on the new forum...??

No one was allowed to record the demo at PAX. In fact, I believe Telltale handed out DVDs with cutscenes they allowed to be published, that's why the two dozen first look videos released this last month all show exactly the same footage.

Don't count the 8th out of the equation yet. Telltale has pulled something like this off with TWD as well.

Still, at present, I rather believe we'll get the game on the 15th/16th.

• I think we should get the game today.

• edited October 2013

Okay. So I love Telltalte Games. I spread the word about it for five years now, for such fun and incredible games. I'm really eager to play The Wolf Among Us. And I get that the company is proud of the deserved critical acclaim of The Walking Dead. Now, why for almost the last two months did TT feel obligated to post lot of reviews saying how great the game is and how you should absolutely buy it because this game is the most incredible game of all-time, said all those famous critics all over the world. Okay, I'm exaggerating but there's a lot of self-congratulation from Telltale. And it does not make me want to buy the game. I mean, I preordered it, of course, but that's because I've been waiting for it for a long time now (when it was first announce with King Quest and stuff;) That's because I love Fables. That's because I love Telltale Games. But these non-stop reviews and the constant teasers (for two months) are really annoying and I think, reflect a narcissistic image of the company that I know they don't have. I know that newcomers need an incentive to play The Wolf Among Us because they'd only played TWD. Okay. But what's a better incentive that we created The Walking Dead, a game that you profoundly enjoyed? I mean, come on. If they're not convinced at the first review, they won't be at the twelfth. And those who are truly interested about the game wont 1. need them, 2. read them (in order to be as surprised as possible by the game.)
    Well, that was my rant. Hope it'll be read!

• VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited October 2013

There are no "reviews" yet because not even the press has the first episode yet.

All articles or teasers you have as of yet read draw on information from PAX Prime (August 28th to September 2nd). Telltale certainly did not 'make' those journalists drag their information over more than a month. The reason that the press keeps publishing the same information over and over and over has nothing to do with Telltale, I believe it has to do with said journalists having an awful backlog of PAX things to write about, and TWaU has gotten no priority at all or they simply would have been DONE with it on September 5th.

One of the latest articles which impressively demonstrates what has happened here is the gameranx one:
    http://www.gameranx.com/features/id/17829/article/the-wolf-among-us-interview-they-will-remember-that/

The article is dated October 3rd. In it, Telltale officials are saying the game would come out in September.

Again, Telltale hasn't really teased this game at all. It was shown at one (1) game fair. Nothing like e.g. the "Playing Dead" advertorial video series for The Walking Dead exists for The Wolf among Us. This game was not advertised enough. Telltale is of course linking to these articles in their twitter, but not much more has taken place.

The actual 'reviews' will only start THIS WEEK.

Fazz posted: »

Okay. So I love Telltalte Games. I spread the word about it for five years now, for such fun and incredible games. I'm really eager to play Th

• edited October 2013

I understand these are not reviews of the final products, but they are still "reviews" of what they experienced at the PAX. Even though, you're right, it's not the full episode. I didn't know this was dragged by the journalists! However, it didn't need to be dragged by Telltale Games. They could have make less posts with more articles in it to sum it up. You can't say it hasn't been advertised enough: I mean look at the twitter feed of Telltale Games, there's about hundreds of tweets about it. And being in one game fair is already a big opportunity! Many developers have to do without going to game fairs to advertise their games. And I would LOVE to see content like "Playing Dead" about The Wolf Among Us. Because they are about the game itself, not about some journalists that saw a sneak-peek of the game at the PAX and whose opinion, if it is published by TTG, is necessarily good. Which is normal, if there were any journalists that said "What we saw was really bad," they shouldn't make a Facebook post about it. But the point was made with a few enthusiastic reviews. I mean when I read this, "Whether you are a fan or newcomer, there’s something alluring about creating your own story in the Fables universe. Telltale is striving to once again emotionally hook you by sweeping you up in a deep story, letting you build relationships and get attached to characters. Telltale President Kevin Bruner finds it most rewarding when players look at the story and say, “Wow, this is really my story, I was challenged by it, and really feel like I own it.” How will you play your wolf?" I know that at least one person found it deep and interesting, so I know that there will always be something good to take about it. As I said, I love Telltale Games and I love the game.

But look at these:

May, 7th:

It's finally here online! Read the full Game Informer interview with first screens of our upcoming series The Wolf Among Us based on Fables.

"Even if you’re a hardcore Fables fan who thinks you know what’s coming, prepare for Telltale to surprise you. “We do a lot of clever storytelling moves that will leave Fables fans wondering what the hell is going on,” Lead Designer Ryan Kaufman says. “Knowing how it all turns out [is] a weird advantage sometimes, [but it will leave you thinking], ‘how do we get there?’”

Whether you are a fan or newcomer, there’s something alluring about creating your own story in the Fables universe. Telltale is striving to once again emotionally hook you by sweeping you up in a deep story, letting you build relationships and get attached to characters. Telltale President Kevin Bruner finds it most rewarding when players look at the story and say, “Wow, this is really my story, I was challenged by it, and really feel like I own it.” How will you play your wolf?

Read More: http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2013/05/07/the-wolf-among-us-preview-telltale-is-back-again-to-torment-with-tough-choices.aspx?PostPageIndex=1

May, 8th:

More on The Wolf Among Us via Game Informer - "During his journey, Bigby bumps into various side characters. Telltale is creating new characters for the prequel while also expanding on ones who didn’t get much limelight in the comics, like Mr. Toad and Colin (one of the three little pigs). Colin has an especially expanded role since he constantly challenges Bigby with his decisions and questions his morality. “Colin’s the only character who can tell Bigby to his face that he’s being a monster,” says lead designer Ryan Kaufman.

"A lot of times in the game, Colin calls out what you the player do,” adds CTO and president Kevin Bruner. "If you choose to make a choice one way, Colin is a character who can tell you that you should have done it the other way or what it would have meant to do it the other way."

Read More: http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2013/05/07/the-wolf-among-us-preview-telltale-is-back-again-to-torment-with-tough-choices.aspx?PostPageIndex=1

May, 9th:

Digital Trends writes, "One thing is clear: this is a good time to be a Fables fan. For those who have never read the comics, The Wolf Among Us will almost certainly win over some new fans thanks to its direct link to Willingham’s work. Longtime readers, on the other hand, get to appreciate this added bit of back story that builds new context into the early issues of the comic."

Read More: http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/the-wolf-among-us-screens-open-the-door-to-the-fables-universe/

August, 20th:

IGN.com says, "Telltale's 'The Wolf Among Us' Has Won Me Over"

"After playing about an hour of the first episode of The Wolf Among Us, I walked away with the utmost confidence in Telltale’s next adventure. Any fears that this game would have to cower in the shadow of The Walking Dead were immediately put to rest, as it became clear that this story stands tall with its own unique voice and style. I seriously can’t wait to see just how unhappy of a man I can make Bigby when The Wolf Among Us launches early this fall."

Link: http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/08/20/the-wolf-among-us-preview

August, 21st:

“Telltale is one of the torchbearers for the choice-driven drama, and The Wolf Among Us is its chance to prove that the torch will continue to burn brightly.” says, GameSpot

“...while the opening seconds draw you in, the next few events are a fierce uppercut to the psyche..."

“This fall, fans of the Fables universe will learn of the events that preceded the first comic--and newcomers can take refuge in the shadows of this fairy-tale noir, not just in fear of the murderer skulking the streets of Fabletown, but of the Wolf dedicated to keeping its streets clean.”

Link: http://www.gamespot.com/features/no-happy-endings-the-tale-of-a-wolf-among-us-6413136/

August, 23rd:

"In terms of faithfulness to the source material, The Wolf Among Us knocks it out of the park," says The Nerdist.

"Graphically, the game is a comic book fan's dream come true, as the visual aesthetic brings Bill Willingham's creations to glorious HD life and maintains the heavily outlined comic book style ... The Wolf Among Us has a vivid color palette that contrasts the bright pinks and blues of Fabletown/New York's neon signs with the grime and squalor of a Bronx tenement building."

"In case you couldn't tell, I am awfully excited to play this game and what I saw in person did not disappoint ... it looks like that at long last we'll finally have the Fables adaptation that we always wanted to see on our screens."

Link: http://www.nerdist.com/2013/08/betad-weve-seen-telltales-the-wolf-among-us-in-action/

August, 25th:

"I have to mention how gorgeous the visuals are," says DESTRUCTOID of The Wolf Among Us. "The heavy comic-style just works here, and it all looks like moving concept art."

"As a big Fables fan, I was super pleased with what I saw of Telltales' take on the series. It doesn't butt up against what we've already seen in the comics, and it's open enough that even non-fans can enjoy this."

Link: http://www.destructoid.com/telltale-s-the-wolf-among-us-will-please-fables-fans-260328.phtml

August, 26th:

"The Wolf Among Us looks like Willingham's comics come to life," says Digital Trends. "The backgrounds look as though they could have been pulled directly from the pages of the comics, from Bigby's dingy shoebox apartment to the sprawling clutter of Fabletown's cavernous business office."

"You can see the foundations of future relationships even in the first hour of episode one ... fans should be excited to see where Wolf‘s story takes them."

The Walking Dead: The Game "was a monumentally promising new step for Telltale's particular approach to story-based adventure games, and Wolf appears to be well prepared to carry those ideas to new heights."

Link: http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/the-wolf-among-us-builds-on-the-successes-of-the-walking-dead/

August, 27th:

"Playing the Big Bad Wolf is Fun and Twisted" - GameInformer weighs in after some hands on with The Wolf Among Us

"Tellltale has done it again; I’m a conflicted mess, and that ends my demo.

I want to play more; the characters have humorous lines, the choices make me think, and shaping Bigby is captivating. The Wolf Among Us is keeping up with Telltale’s newfound reputation, and it could even bolster it."

Read More: http://www.gameinformer.com/games/the_wolf_among_us/b/xbox360/archive/2013/08/20/the-wolf-among-us-hands-on-preview.aspx

August, 28th:

"TELLTALE HUFFED, PUFFED, AND BLEW ME AWAY!" - MTV Geek takes a look at the Season Premiere of The Wolf Among Us

"If 'The Walking Dead' captured your heart, then "The Wolf Among Us" should be at the top of your list this fall.”

Link: http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2013/08/20/the-wolf-among-us-preview/

September, 3rd:

"If you've been paying attention to ANY of the PAX Prime coverage you've been seeing tweets, facebooks, SKYWRITINGS about this game, EVERYBODY is talking about The Wolf Among Us and I finally got my hands on it today, and can ABSOLUTELY see why!"

"If you're a fan of The Walking Dead: The Game you are going to DROOL of over the art style, the combat system, the story... the demo was really, really, REALLY impressive!"

SourceFed Nerd's Meg Turney checked out our series at PAX this weekend and got to chat with the Telltale Games team!

Watch:

September, 13th:

"...more Coen Brothers than Brothers Grimm," says Eurogamer

"The Wolf Among Us feels like a worthy successor to The Walking Dead, and it demonstrates Telltale's willingness to constantly re-evaluate its storytelling process"

Link: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-09-13-telltale-tells-of-its-next-tale-the-wolf-among-us-preview

September, 20th:

"It’s definitely a title worth checking out, even if you’re unfamiliar with the Fables series. The line ups at the PAX booth were over 4 hours long everyday and the twitter buzz has been growing steadily since then. Among the big releases expected over the next few months this one definitely tops my list as one of my most anticipated titles that I can’t wait to get my hands on again."

Read More: http://canadianonlinegamers.com/preview/the-wolf-among-us-xbox-360-hand-on-preview-a-new-way-to-speak-about-fairytales/

September, 23rd:

"The Wolf Among Us combines the story telling and player interaction of one of the best games of last year with a fantastical setting and story that seems perfect for the video game medium."

Read More: http://www.presspauseradio.com/presspauseradio/2013/9/4/pax-prime-2013-experiencing-the-wolf-among-us.html

October, 4th:

We're almost ready for Bigby Wolf’s debut in our new game series based on the award-winning Fables comic books! You can pre-order The Wolf Among Us (PC and Mac only) RIGHT NOW from the Telltale Games online store. You'll receive 10% off the usual season pass price, and as a special thank you for ordering directly from the developer (hey, that's us!), we're also offering to send you a FREE end-of-season DVD compiling every episode of the initial series for just the cost of shipping and handling.

The season premiere is coming VERY soon, so pre-order now to be sure you're among the very first to play it!

October, 4th (again:)

Ready for the SEASON PREMIERE of The Wolf Among Us? Pre-order a Season Pass now on Steam, and be ready for the series when it kicks off THIS MONTH!

Season Passes will ALSO be available on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, and we expect to announce the release dates for all three platforms VERY soon!

Are you ready to play as the Big Bad Wolf?

Steam Store: http://store.steampowered.com/news/11566/

• a hundred tweets and retweets about it
    Vainamoinen posted: »

There are no "reviews" yet because not even the press has the first episode yet. All articles or teasers you have as of yet read draw on in

• Well, the plot definitely thickens. ;)

• Microsoft has that God-awfully annoying policy insisting they get games first. If you all remember, this caused XBLA to get Poker Night 2 even before PC users. Shudders

I'd say that that actually is a good indication we may get TWAU for XBLA and PC this week and PSN the next after all. Nice find.

• Does anyone know what the bonus DVD is I am going to get it on on xbox live but I almost want to buy it for pc even tho I won't play it just for the DVD

edited October 2013

The bonus DVD is primarily a PC/Mac game disc with all episodes for your archive. But it also has behind the scenes stuff, making ofs, trailers, possibly even 'outtakes'. It's more or less a special edition of the game. ;)

Does anyone know what the bonus DVD is I am going to get it on on xbox live but I almost want to buy it for pc even tho I won't play it just for the DVD

• According to a post by Telltale's president Kevin Bruner:

@Kevin wrote:

>

The collectors DVD will have the entire game on it, various videos, behind the scenes, etc. The DVD also comes in a case with special TTG only artwork. We've done a DVD with almost every TTG series, and we usually start locking down the exact contents of the DVD as the season comes to a close. Since the DVD usually contains things that are created while the series is in production, we can't say what specific things will be on it, but we usually do a decent job. Plus you can't beat the price!

• i just preordered it, will the DVD order come later? because there were no shipping order requests

• Green Man Gaming is offering 25% off and it isn't a steam key so does that mean we have to redeem it here? Which then would make us eligible for the DVD right?

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited October 2013

I have no exprience from ordering Season DVDs StalkingHead, but I'm sure they wait until the whole season is done before even producing the DVDs.

i just preordered it, will the DVD order come later? because there were no shipping order requests

• I hope someone as tell tale, says I'm not going take this anymore and released the dvd for Pc users.

edited October 2013

@GavinUK86 wrote: Green Man Gaming is offering 25% off and it isn't a steam key so does that mean we have to redeem it here? Which then would make us eligible for the DVD right?

In principle, possibly. But if they ACTUALLY sell at 25% off, I'd rather think that's the price you pay for not getting the DVD. If you really want the DVD, better wait for official confirmation or ask GMG directly. You could also just order from Telltale and to heck with the 6.50. It's cheap enough as it is, and better safe than sorry.

@thestalkinghead wrote: i just preordered it, will the DVD order come later? because there were no shipping order requests

How could they produce game DVDs when just one episode is finished? ;)

Yes of course. First the Season ends with episode 5, and a few months after the end of the Season, you get the DVD.

Green Man Gaming is offering 25% off and it isn't a steam key so does that mean we have to redeem it here? Which then would make us eligible for the DVD right?

• I would usually say hell to the 6.50 but if the delivery charges to ship the UK are high I need to save as much as possible. Hopefully someone can clear this up for me. I've tweeted Telltale & GMG.

@GavinUK86 wrote: Green Man Gaming is offering 25% off and it isn't a steam key so does that mean we have to redeem it here? Which then would

edited October 2013

Don't forget to come back here and clarify this for us as soon as you have an answer.

Shipping costs to Europe ARE a pain in the behind, and in many of those countries, the customs office also demands their share. :(

I would usually say hell to the 6.50 but if the delivery charges to ship the UK are high I need to save as much as possible. Hopefully someone can clear this up for me. I've tweeted Telltale & GMG.

• import tax, yup but i think for 'software' it's negligible..under a certain price point.

import tax on hardware however is quite alot.

Don't forget to come back here and clarify this for us as soon as you have an answer. Shipping costs to Europe ARE a pain in the behind, and in many of those countries, the customs office also demands their share.

• No date in the video. Just soooon very soon xD

• edited October 2013

I don't think the time bar during fights is good. If I know when the next punch will be, I have a safe time-zone, and I can stare at the two fighters pretend to struggle until the bar ends. And press the button in total comfort, no pressure, nothing unexpected when the bar is displayed.

If instead you hide the bar, you'll feel there's never enough time (because it can end every second, you don't know).

• edited October 2013

or make it where you can toggle the option to show it in game. i kinda like the bar but it would be interesting to play it with out one.

I don't think the time bar during fights is good. If I know when the next punch will be, I have a safe time-zone, and I can stare at the two f

• The short gameplay clip looked awesome! I am on my phone right now but when I get a chance later tonight I will update the OP with the IGN Up at Noon link.

• In the clip of twau.

The voice actors sound very familiar ;)

The short gameplay clip looked awesome! I am on my phone right now but when I get a chance later tonight I will update the OP with the IGN Up at Noon link.

• Wow that gameplay video got me hyped.

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited October 2013

I'm trying to clean up the OP but the old and new message formatting are mixed up so it may be a little sloppy. Sorry.

As for the gameplay, I like the new fighting scenes. Those look really fun, although I was a little distracted by how some incoming punches were thrown slowly to make the game easy.

• I wish they would just release it. I don't want be spoiled by spoilers. Plus I already paid for this game.

I'm trying to clean up the OP but the old and new message formatting are mixed up so it may be a little sloppy. Sorry. As for the gameplay,

• well lets be fair slow mo fighting is cool

and gives people a sporting chance to progress,

no one likes to be too slow several times and get stuck. also no one likes to move to far and get shot by brenda

I'm trying to clean up the OP but the old and new message formatting are mixed up so it may be a little sloppy. Sorry. As for the gameplay,

• @fusedmass
    You need to stop complaining about the game release. Every single day, I see you commenting 'I wish they would just release it.'
    They will release it! If you don't want be spoiled, DON'T WATCH ANY VIDEOS ABOUT IT. The point of Pre-Ordering is to Pre-Order a game that is coming out soon.

Please stop complaining and wait a week or so.

• fusedmassfusedmass Banned
    edited October 2013

@TinyCarlos

Seriously. No one here is forcing you to read my posts. I bet you would like all of us to shut up. Is that what people did when the skin was changed. No of course not, they voiced their point of view. If they enabled to voice theirs. Then I am able to voice mine. And please stop commenting/stalking me.

Perhaps if their projects actually mirrored the release date. There wouldn't be any reason to complain.
    This is your second post aimed at me and in reality its just a shape of cyber bullying. Something going on in your life, you cannot control. So you come on here try to insult others make yourself better. However there is a no flaming rule so I would advise you to be polite or don't say anything. I bought the game with my earned money.

I'm allowed to speak.

TinyCarlos posted: »

@fusedmass You need to stop complaining about the game release. Every single day, I see you commenting 'I wish they would just release it.'

Sign in to comment in this discussion.