The Killer [Investigation] - Hard Evidence Found

Comments

• edited April 2014

Really? :o That's the first legit anime I saw, partly because the animation wasn't OTT like in most Shonen Jump manga and anime. Looks normal to me

I get it. It usually happens, I guess it's hard to stay on track with that kind of a story anyway and writers happen to get creative ideas w

• If anyone else is murdered, Bigby really needs to get Grenn, Woody , Holly and Beast together and try something outside of procedure

Weltenfeind posted: »

Well, the entire Fabletown community seem to be somehow involved with the Crooked Man. Atleast the "lower class" Fables. Not a lot else they can do, as pointed out through the majority of the episodes.

• edited April 2014

Now that you mention Grendel.. What the hell happened to his eye? It was fine when we saw him the very first time at the Woodlands, but turns white after that. Could be an oversight, I guess.. But.. Seems weird.

Edit: Telltale staff dude says it's the glamour failing and his true form peaking through. Makes sense, I guess.

Kryik posted: »

If anyone else is murdered, Bigby really needs to get Grenn, Woody , Holly and Beast together and try something outside of procedure

• The ribbons kill. The person who made the ribbons is the killer.

IamNoone posted: »

Going to be honest here. He is either the murderer or just a model that TTG overuse. Because I TOTALLY agree with your theory. But in one scene he is the taxi driver and a guy walking down the street at the same time. So I am not sure : /

• We theorize that the Ribbons kill. We can't be sure. We know they're magic, and probably the reason why they can't speak.
    But if they're actually able to directly chop off their heads.. Why isn't Nerissa dead yet? She's helped plenty so far.

Ascari posted: »

The ribbons kill. The person who made the ribbons is the killer.

• That's Tiny Tim

Not the Cryer, it's the other guy from the hall in episode 1. He only appeared there and it seemed like he had patched pants. Cryer might be

• Because she's discretely helping? This is just speculation

We theorize that the Ribbons kill. We can't be sure. We know they're magic, and probably the reason why they can't speak. But if they're actually able to directly chop off their heads.. Why isn't Nerissa dead yet? She's helped plenty so far.

• I'm not familiar with him. Who is Tiny Tim?

That's Tiny Tim

• Good catch, didn't notice that. Yeah, it does seem to make sense.

Now that you mention Grendel.. What the hell happened to his eye? It was fine when we saw him the very first time at the Woodlands, but turn

• Teleportation is a strong opinion. Why? If you notice the book with the torn page (The Ring of Disepl), you can see two more objects. The first one is a magic cloak that can teleport you. And it belongs to Boy Blue

That is always a possibility. Same goes for teleportation, which I think you mentioned somewhere before. Magic does make things easier, doesn't it?

• It's the guy waiting in the line with Gren and Cryer in Episode 1. To the right of Cryer.

I'm not familiar with him. Who is Tiny Tim?

• We're obviously bound to misunderstand each other in this thread. :)

I get that, what I meant was who is this character Tiny Tim, from which tale is he?

It's the guy waiting in the line with Gren and Cryer in Episode 1. To the right of Cryer.

• Ooooh. I get it xD. He is from the Christmas Carol with Scrooge. He is the young sick boy

We're obviously bound to misunderstand each other in this thread. I get that, what I meant was who is this character Tiny Tim, from which tale is he?

• Oh I remember, I liked that tale quite a lot as a kid. It's Dickens, right? There must've been dozens of adaptations for TV.

Thanks for the info! But how did you know his identity?

Ooooh. I get it xD. He is from the Christmas Carol with Scrooge. He is the young sick boy

• Yeah I did notice that cloak in the book after Katalept mentioned it, though as I said earlier I'm not that fond of the idea of magic being that much involved in murders, as to negate every logic regarding the timeline and movements of the killer.

Teleportation is a strong opinion. Why? If you notice the book with the torn page (The Ring of Disepl), you can see two more objects. The first one is a magic cloak that can teleport you. And it belongs to Boy Blue

• edited April 2014

Comparing to how animas can look, it did look pretty normal, I'll give you that.

Still, the motions of the characters and the drawing were pretty strange sometimes, I'm just not fan of that kind of drawing and animation.

Kryik posted: »

Really? That's the first legit anime I saw, partly because the animation wasn't OTT like in most Shonen Jump manga and anime. Looks normal to me

• edited April 2014

Yeah, this is true. I was working under the assumption that the other girls were killed because they wanted to rat someone out, (which can be a faulty assumption but makes the most sense, I guess?) and in that scenario, whoever is in "control" of the ribbons would know even if it's just "discreet", or the ribbon would know, and Faith and Lily couldn't have said anything directly either, seeing as how the ribbon and/or spell, stops them from saying anything else than "my lips are sealed". So Faith and Lily would've had to have been discreet as well, and they still died.

Ascari posted: »

Because she's discretely helping? This is just speculation

• I think Nerissa is going to die in the next episode.

At the end of Ep3 , we see she has a private meeting with Bigby , trying to tell him something important. I noticed she looks a bit scared , worried. I think she's going to tell us all about those ribbons , and that's probably going to kill her. It explains why she's so worried , and why it's so important for her.

We theorize that the Ribbons kill. We can't be sure. We know they're magic, and probably the reason why they can't speak. But if they're actually able to directly chop off their heads.. Why isn't Nerissa dead yet? She's helped plenty so far.

• edited April 2014

I'm willing to place my bet on it. I'll feel sorry for her, but it is expected.

Wouldn't mind the option to prevent her death, though. Like with prince What's-His-Name?

HeartLocker posted: »

I think Nerissa is going to die in the next episode. At the end of Ep3 , we see she has a private meeting with Bigby , trying to tell him

• I assume so too, yes. My original comment was really about the fact that I don't, atleast of yet, think the ribbons themselves are capable of decapitating the victims.

HeartLocker posted: »

I think Nerissa is going to die in the next episode. At the end of Ep3 , we see she has a private meeting with Bigby , trying to tell him

• edited April 2014

In the first episode I was almost sure that the ribbon cut Faiths head off, I haven't even considered the possibility of it being Woodys axe, since I saw it as a red herring, as well as Woodsman himself... but now, I pretty much doubt it. If magic works that way that it cuts someones head and places itself in victims mouth, what happened to Lilys ribbon then?

Edit: Though I just got an idea, maybe the absence of her ribbon have something to do with the fact that she was glamoured to look like Snow. There might have been a conflict between two magics, so she had to remove it.

I assume so too, yes. My original comment was really about the fact that I don't, atleast of yet, think the ribbons themselves are capable of decapitating the victims.

• But TWAU is a mystery, in noir fashion. Like old school crime detective novels. And I agree with HeartLocker, thats why I said I believe the characters that were introduced so far are covering up for someone else. They are protecting someone. For all we know, Bigby has a brother, another Wolf, or since it is mentioned that he never was able to defeat The Wind and has "given up" on his revenge (Check the Fables entries for... Episode 3 i believe) that maybe its just causing him trouble or IDK. so many theories. I'm a writer myself, so I think I end up making stories my own and what I would do, and the game could be much more simpler and streamlined than that.

But I don't think its just someone knows how to kill fables and bigbys gotta stop em, because after Episode 3 when you are given the option to kill the tweedle, no one tries to cover it up or anything. sure it was "self defense" and sure Bigby's job is actually supposed to be stopping this behavior given the violent nature of most of the fables. But the motive behind the killings, leaving the heads at his door, and clues that lead back to their original stories... those are mystery elements to WHY. Someone is taunting him, or Crane (i believe Crane more so than anything, given his affinitiy for Prostitutes,) Who knows, maybe crane was checking into Faith, she did have more similarites to Snow, and thus maybe he didn't have to use the cheap glamour (it was getting too expensive) and Snow found out, bought the woodsman a few beers and asked him to inquire, and then Bigby stumbled on the mess, and bam. "These lips are sealed" sounds awfully like something the witch says in Snow White, and given her affinity for poison apples and other magical harmful devices, who knows? The crooked man is the front, Snow is in perfect place to plant evidence, shes got Bigby by the balls uz hes in love with her, she got crane out and is ready to take over, and shes vain. She knows how to play that innocent card... IDK. i Think its Snow White.

LukaszB posted: »

The killer won't have a big role in the beginning, even though the killer is present near the beginning. Also The Wolf Among Us is not a mys

• edited April 2014

I guess the ribbon could perhaps decapitate them, but only if they try to remove it, and Nerissa haven't tried that yet. I just figure that if the ribbon just automatically did it and could sense the "deceit", it would just probably happen instantly, Which would be inconvenient in so many ways. And seeing how the bodies have always been placed for us to find.

But yeah, that is what confuses me. I don't understand the break in pattern. The ribbon looked like it was put their explicitly for us to find, and more like a "you need to figure this out", which doesn't make sense, because I assume whoever is behind it all would prefer them to be a secret.

In the first episode I was almost sure that the ribbon cut Faiths head off, I haven't even considered the possibility of it being Woodys axe

• edited April 2014

Why do you presume that the ribbon cuts head only if someone tries to remove it? The possibility of it doing so when sensing deceit, though probably, as you say, inconvenient, is still possible, we don't know how the magic is exactly supposed to work (if there is any). Maybe some sort of a magical word should be said by the killer for ribbon to act. Though someone definitely placed the bodies, it doesn't change the fact that ribbon could still do the killing and place itself in victims mouth.
    Hmm... I'm defending this theory too much for someone who's about to abandon it.

The first murder did seem like a deed of a typical serial killer, who likes to leave clues (if we assume that the ribbon was placed in victims mouth by him), the second less so.

As I said, maybe it has something to do with the fact that Lily was supposed to look like Snow, and perhaps magical item like a ribbon, doesn't disappear with the glamour, so she had to take it off.

I guess the ribbon could perhaps decapitate them, but only if they try to remove it, and Nerissa haven't tried that yet. I just figure that

• edited April 2014

That was merely a theory of how it could work. Not really how I think it really works. It's magic, it's really hard to say. :D

It does however seem weird, if the girls are actually able to take it off themselves. That sorta negates the "it's because of the ribbon they can't say anything." What I mean is.. Someone must've removed it from her before (or it fell off when she was beheaded).

Urgh, I really can't explain it right now. It just feels off. It just.. It's either different killers, or if it's only one killer, and the ribbon magic automatically puts it in her mouth, why take it out? Why break the pattern, and why wasn't the brooch not put in her mouth alongside the ribbon (like the ring on Faith)?

Why do you presume that the ribbon cuts head only if someone tries to remove it? The possibility of it doing so when sensing deceit, though

• edited April 2014

Well, yeah that's the trouble of not knowing how magic exactly works in this universe. :) Maybe someone specific (the person who made these ribbons perhaps) has to take them off from them. Of course, it goes without saying that, if Lily wasn't wearing the ribbon, then it's not the ribbon which beheaded her.

Yeah the brooch, I forgot about that. I can't remember where we found it, in Lilys pocket? It seems like it was probably also going to be put in her mouth with ribbon. Maybe something prevented the killer from doing so?

By the way, don't you find Lilys underwear similar to the ribbon? It is of the same shade of pink and also has little tie (which apparently look like lips) on them.

That was merely a theory of how it could work. Not really how I think it really works. It's magic, it's really hard to say. It does howe

• The brooch is actually on her clothes which breaks the "Snow costume".

That's interesting, I never actually thought of that. I remember the colour now that you mention it and they are similar, or atleast close to. However I don't recall the tie.

Well, yeah that's the trouble of not knowing how magic exactly works in this universe. Maybe someone specific (the person who made these ri

• I saw him on the Wiki and I also think a TTG admin confirmed that this was actually him

Oh I remember, I liked that tale quite a lot as a kid. It's Dickens, right? There must've been dozens of adaptations for TV. Thanks for the info! But how did you know his identity?

• Oh I remember, I liked that tale quite a lot as a kid. It's Dickens, right? There must've been dozens of adaptations for TV. Thanks for the info! But how did you know his identity?

• Thats right. I believe that the brooch wasn't there because glamour is defective as Bigby and Snow assumed, I think it was placed afterward.

As for the lingerie, pause at the 0:57 of this video and you'll see it:

The brooch is actually on her clothes which breaks the "Snow costume". That's interesting, I never actually thought of that. I remember the colour now that you mention it and they are similar, or atleast close to. However I don't recall the tie.

• Thanks!

So he is working under a crooked man! It's confirmed on wikia, it's not just the freely used model, at least not in his case.

Here ya go http://fables.wikia.com/wiki/Tiny_Tim

• edited April 2014

That looks exactly like a tiny ribbon, so I guess it's there. :D

What then confuses me about it is the fact that Lily's ribbon seems "hidden", obviously not to mess with the costume, but the killer would've normally still followed the pattern of Faiths murder, where it literally screamed "look at this!"
    Assuming the ribbon is magic and stops them from saying anything, shoving it down her throat is basically like saying "shut up!" So what's the difference between Faith and Lily?

Eh, maybe I'm just mindeffing myself. :p

Thats right. I believe that the brooch wasn't there because glamour is defective as Bigby and Snow assumed, I think it was placed afterward. As for the lingerie, pause at the 0:57 of this video and you'll see it:

• You sir are quite a detective. Telltale maybe did it to save budget instead of creating more faces but i hope it goes like you said.

• Heh, maybe you are. Though I can't help but ask these questions myself.

Maybe he though that putting lingerie in someones mouth is a bit too much distasteful. Not literally. And pun wasn't intended, though it really did come out like it was.

That looks exactly like a tiny ribbon, so I guess it's there. What then confuses me about it is the fact that Lily's ribbon seems "hidde

• edited April 2014

What if Bloody Mary has been glamoring herself as Cryer to get close to Bigby? Being Bigby's personal Taxi Driver is a good way to find out where he is and sabotage him, like at the end of EP3. Cryer was in the Taxi that dropped them off outside the Puddin' and Pie. Also, Cryer was outside Crane's Office in EP1, she could have been there to find out how she could get inside. Bloody Mary can teleport using reflective objects, like the Talking Mirror in Crane's Office. But hey, just a little idea.

• It might seem like it's a noire mystery, but that could also be from the fact we're playing Bigby, and Bigby prefers that style for a while. I agree that so far it's mostly a noire styled mystery, but I doubt it will remain like that. Snow is definitely innocent. Snow grabs every opportunity she can, her protective instinct helped her figure things out. Most likely motives and suspects are Vivian out of jealousy, Georgie for lying to him (Woody/Crane), Bloody Mary on orders of the Crooked Man for cheating him out of money (Lily allowed Woody to not pay her, hence not paying The Crooked Man).

• edited April 2014

I'm actually wondering where the original ribbon is? It wasn't between the stuff we go through at Holly's. Atleast not in my playthrough.

Heh, maybe you are. Though I can't help but ask these questions myself. Maybe he though that putting lingerie in someones mouth is a bit too much distasteful. Not literally. And pun wasn't intended, though it really did come out like it was.

• Nor in mine. If I recall correctly the photo which depicts Nerissa, Faith and glamoured Lily shows Lily with ribbon on her neck. Maybe it remained at Pudding and Pie, I could hardly see Georgie being helpful to Holly in regard of finding Lilys things.

I'm actually wondering where the original ribbon is? It wasn't between the stuff we go through at Holly's. Atleast not in my playthrough.

• You know who has some kind of secret agenda too? Bufkin! The scene with the broken mirror really shows it!

Alt text

• edited April 2014

Don't you dare accuse Bufkin! Do you hear me? DON'T YOU DARE IT!

On the other hand, he is suspicious looking little bastard...

Zombie-man posted: »

You know who has some kind of secret agenda too? Bufkin! The scene with the broken mirror really shows it!

This discussion has been closed.