The Killer [Investigation] - Hard Evidence Found

Comments

• edited April 2014

Ok, since you've been advocating it so devotedly and doing a fine job at it (meaning that you've been quite persuasive) I'll keep it on my mind and will most probably give it a try at some point. If decisions and characterization is indeed main focus of the game, I might happen to like it. I very much like The Wolf Among Us, partly because of that among other things. And by the way I don't mind gore, I actually happen to be quite a fan of horror genre.

And I'd recommend you to get Monkey Island, though in my opinion it's not really in accordance to previous Monkey Island games, it is still a fun game. And if you really like humorous point and clicks, you should definitely play Deponia trilogy.

Another funny point and click with mystery and noir atmosphere along with magic and wizardry (very similar to TWAU in atmosphere, now when I think about it, you're also a private detective there) would be Discworld Noir, set in the world of Discworld of Terry Pratchets novels, it is a interesting mix of Noir (with many references to classic movies of the 1930's), absurd world of Discworld (slum city of Ankh Morpok adds much to the atmosphere) and parody to H. P. Lovecrafts Cthulhu Mythos.

Zombie-man posted: »

I think that if you like good stories and characterisation, The Walking Dead is a must play. I mean it sure has gore and action and zombi

• You got at detective. That's the kind of point and click games that I like the best.

And give it a try! If you like good story telling,you wont be let down with Walking Dead! ( Comics, books, tv shows, games, everything is great! )

Ok, since you've been advocating it so devotedly and doing a fine job at it (meaning that you've been quite persuasive) I'll keep it on my m

• Awesome theory! ... Just one problem, though, Episode 2 reveals that Snow was never actually murdered---the victim was really Lily the troll ( aka Holly's missing sister), who had been Glamoured to look like Snow for a "client". So, the "Ginger Man" is probably not the killer as he would have had the perfect chance to kill the real Snow since he apparently had her all alone and "helpless" in his taxi--- that is of course, assuming that Lily was killed because she was mistaken for Snow and not because the murderer wanted to kill Lily for another reason.

I do however agree that there is something very shifty about this " Ginger Man" fellow---though I myself may have become paranoid from playing to many games in which my "friends" later try to stab me in the back.

• Sorry, I'm just learning how to do this-- that last post is irrelevant to this part of the current discussion, so please ignore its odd placement and "late revelation".

• only reflective surfaces

Ascari posted: »

I'm skeptical of her ability to teleport. Being summoned is one thing, but teleporting at will? Nothing could kill you. That's overpowered.

• three feet dumbdicks

Don't you dare accuse Bufkin! Do you hear me? DON'T YOU DARE IT! On the other hand, he is suspicious looking little bastard...

• im thinkin hostel rich fables pay to kill workin girls

• interesting theory,very plausible :)

• The killer is Bloody Mary, who used the woodsman axe. It was pretty clear by the end of A Crooked Mile

• The fact that she knew that Crane didn't do it implies she is associated with those that did. Also, the fact that Georgie knew Lily was dead also tells me he knows more than he's saying, and was contacted by the killer or actually involved himself in the killing. That's why I smashed the Puddin and Pie up.

Endrik posted: »

The killer is Bloody Mary, who used the woodsman axe. It was pretty clear by the end of A Crooked Mile

• She did it. She owns the only possible thing that could've cut both Faith and Lily's heads off like that. Bigby himself said that to do such a thing it was needed something very sharp or something with magic attached to it. The woodsman axe is the only thing shown in the episodes so far that is both sharp enough and magically enchanted.

Who owns the axe did the killing. Since the woodsman lost it during episode One, only Bloody Mary could've done it. She also is the most violent and murderous fable we get to meet so far.

The fact that she knew that Crane didn't do it implies she is associated with those that did. Also, the fact that Georgie knew Lily was dead

• edited April 2014

I find it to be too obvious to be probable, or interesting, as a matter of fact. It's true that axe is the only magic thing that could decapitate shown so far, but it doesn't necessary mean it is the murder weapon. I think that Bloody Mary most probably knows the identity of the killer, but she isn't the killer herself. Even if the axe is a murder weapon, she could've obtain it much later than when killings occurred.

She did it. She owns the only possible thing that could've cut both Faith and Lily's heads off like that. Bigby himself said that to do such

• It's bloody marys job to kill the Prostitutes/Strippers who don't make enough money for the Crooked Man, and since Faith, and Lily were both working in the Puddin' N Pie it's pretty obvious that Georgie is in this too as their.. "Warden". But I have no idea why they would need to make money for Bloody Mary and Crooked Man.

• edited April 2014

Alt text

SweetDee posted: »

three feet dumbdicks

• If memory serves, if you arrested Woody at the end of episode 1, The axe is the room while you're talking to him. Woody didn't have it with him at the bar, so only Crane or Blue Beard could have put it there. Makes BB much more suspicious.

I find it to be too obvious to be probable, or interesting, as a matter of fact. It's true that axe is the only magic thing that could decap

• No, Bloody Mary's job was to find the photo of Crane with Lily or some other prostitute. she didn't succeed. Also, she retrived the axe from the woodsman.

• I don't recall axe being in interrogation room, will have to check it. Bluebeard is jerk and he might be playing some shady game, but I really doubt he's a killer, because he also appears in the comics.

If memory serves, if you arrested Woody at the end of episode 1, The axe is the room while you're talking to him. Woody didn't have it with him at the bar, so only Crane or Blue Beard could have put it there. Makes BB much more suspicious.

• He's part of illuminati

• ahahaha

He's part of illuminati

• But why would she need the photo with Crane and lily in it? so she could post it all over social media? And yea I knew about how she stole Woody's axe

No, Bloody Mary's job was to find the photo of Crane with Lily or some other prostitute. she didn't succeed. Also, she retrived the axe from the woodsman.

• So he could still be deputy mayor and not be incarcerated. TCM gets money from him

But why would she need the photo with Crane and lily in it? so she could post it all over social media? And yea I knew about how she stole Woody's axe

• Well that makes sense.. i'm guessing the photo is for proof, on where he got his money

So he could still be deputy mayor and not be incarcerated. TCM gets money from him

• I remember seeing it somewhere that was out of place prior to the end scene.of chapter 3. If my XBOX wasn't on the fritz I'd go back and double check myself.

I don't recall axe being in interrogation room, will have to check it. Bluebeard is jerk and he might be playing some shady game, but I really doubt he's a killer, because he also appears in the comics.

• Bad Chef Whale

IamNoone posted: »

At first, I believed the same thing. But then when I went to the Tweedles office, I saw something rather...interesting. A box addressed to B.C.W. Take your best guess on who he is.

• BUTTTTT

Someone like the Crooked man could have gave the axe to her just for the mission

Still think its the Headless Horseman to me

She did it. She owns the only possible thing that could've cut both Faith and Lily's heads off like that. Bigby himself said that to do such

• The tweedles office showed that they were after the photo because it compromised him. Also

Well that makes sense.. i'm guessing the photo is for proof, on where he got his money

• edited April 2014

Killing someone that owes you money isn't the smartest way of getting your money back. And even if they only bring in a small amount, it's still better than outing your operation. And the murders are very open and placed for Bigby and Snow to find. I doubt CM would actually go about killing anyone in this way. So say they became a liability... Why kill them in this way?

• The only other weapon mentioned is Snow's sword, which is locked away in her apartment. Considering minor details the weapon is Woody's axe.

I find it to be too obvious to be probable, or interesting, as a matter of fact. It's true that axe is the only magic thing that could decap

• edited April 2014

In regards to Episode titles. There does seem to be a connection to "The boy who cried wolf" in them, but doesn't that seem to easy and too literally translated? That's the biggest problem I have with him being the Killer (aside from the multiple Cryers across space and time)

"A Crooked Mile" the op says, but.. The nursery rhyme for the Crooked man goes "There was a crooked man, and he walked a crooked mile",

"in sheeps clothing" doesn't necessarily have anything to do with Cryer, but just that fact that you go undercover, you're quite literally the wolf in sheep's clothing, to fit in.

"Cry Wolf" does come from the Cryer Fable, yes, but it's a false alarm. Which basically says we're being deceived to believe something or other, not necessarily pertaining to the Cryer.

• Vorpal sword, right? Do you recall when it was mentioned? I can't remember it being mentioned at all.

LukaszB posted: »

The only other weapon mentioned is Snow's sword, which is locked away in her apartment. Considering minor details the weapon is Woody's axe.

• edited April 2014

Alt text

Man, this game really goes in strange direction.

IamNoone posted: »

At first, I believed the same thing. But then when I went to the Tweedles office, I saw something rather...interesting. A box addressed to B.C.W. Take your best guess on who he is.

• I honestly don't remember it being mentioned in the game, only the comic.

Vorpal sword, right? Do you recall when it was mentioned? I can't remember it being mentioned at all.

• Cry Wolf is episode 5 right? So I've heard that Bigby possibly 'dies' in that episode but he really doesn't. Just a guess

Weltenfeind posted: »

In regards to Episode titles. There does seem to be a connection to "The boy who cried wolf" in them, but doesn't that seem to easy and too

• Or Episode 5's title could imply that... The murders were fake, which means no Fables were harmed in the making of this game.... Just like the B.C.W. lol!

• Then there's something or someone else killing them but i'm not sure why, but I have a feeling the ribbons are spells and if someone takes off that ribbon; The Puddin' N Pies prostitutes head get either cut off or the spell is released. The spell "My lips are sealed" is probably caused from the ribbon because that's what they all say when someone is asking them certain questions about Faith and Lily. Since Crane is in this too he probably put a spell on the Magic Mirror to not say any clues, hints or evidence about Faith and Lily as well.

Weltenfeind posted: »

Killing someone that owes you money isn't the smartest way of getting your money back. And even if they only bring in a small amount, it's s

• It's mentioned in both episode 1 and episode 3. In episode 1 you need to look at the book Bufkin helps translate. In episode 3 it's in the book with the torn page (Snow White's name is written at the bottom of the page).

Vorpal sword, right? Do you recall when it was mentioned? I can't remember it being mentioned at all.

• Vorpal Sword, from the newest Alice in Wonderland movie when she needed it to kill the dragon

The only other weapon mentioned is Snow's sword, which is locked away in her apartment. Considering minor details the weapon is Woody's axe.

• How can it be fake? We obviously saw lily's true dead body

michael911 posted: »

Or Episode 5's title could imply that... The murders were fake, which means no Fables were harmed in the making of this game.... Just like the B.C.W. lol!

• edited April 2014

Regarding the mirror, I personally just think that the spell is so powerful that even the mirror can't tell, which I guess would need a fairly powerful person.

However, with all the magic it's really hard to theorize because we really have little to no knowledge of how it works. And I don't like the idea of the killer just using magic because we'd have a really hard time figuring it out without having the magic explained to us thoroughly. Example being the ribbons being able to cut off heads. That's what it looks like right now in a way, but who knows?

Then there's something or someone else killing them but i'm not sure why, but I have a feeling the ribbons are spells and if someone takes o

• If you say so. I recall only the cloak from episode 3, but I believe you.

It's mentioned in both episode 1 and episode 3. In episode 1 you need to look at the book Bufkin helps translate. In episode 3 it's in the book with the torn page (Snow White's name is written at the bottom of the page).

This discussion has been closed.