The Killer [Investigation] - Hard Evidence Found

Comments

• I still think Crane is the killer

• Most people just don't think rationally. If the guy that wrote Sherlock novels would write another book , and would present you who the killer is at the very beginning of the book ... what impact do you think it would have overall ? Every single critic would say his book is crap , and readers would be very disappointing , because there was nothing to surprise them.

Same goes for TWAU. Characters such as Crooked Man or Crane simply can't be the killers. Or at least not the main antagonists , that would be just too expected. There would be no thrill in the story , you'd just wait for Bigby to catch Crooked Man and game over , nothing surprising. It's just ... writer logic/book logic.

• The killer won't have a big role in the beginning, even though the killer is present near the beginning. Also The Wolf Among Us is not a mystery game. Everyone is powerful and most are smart. Everyone knows Bigby, Snow, Crane, Bluebeard, Beauty, Beast, Briar Rose, Cinderella, Charming, Bufkin, Cole, and the Magic Mirror. There is more wit and knowledge than mystery. Figuring out how to stop someone that knows how to kill you as well as everyone else is a puzzle.

HeartLocker posted: »

Most people just don't think rationally. If the guy that wrote Sherlock novels would write another book , and would present you who the kill

• I've said this someplace before but isn't he just a re-used character?

• I don't think it is. Re-used character never gets lines at least not before.

KitsuneOne posted: »

I've said this someplace before but isn't he just a re-used character?

• David is right. Re-used characters (Extras) don't get lines and voice actors. Extras are only made to be put on the background , and our guy here does more than that ... so he's probably not an extra.

KitsuneOne posted: »

I've said this someplace before but isn't he just a re-used character?

• edited April 2014

He got like what, two lines? I suppose that he could be a possibility but on his wiki it states:

It's possible that Cryer's model is simply used to represent background citizens, and that his character isn't meant to have a canonical story. This is supported by the fact that he often appears in completely different places in short amounts of time, or even at the same time. For example, when Bigby arrives at the Trip Trap in "Faith", Cryer's model is seen driving the taxi and sitting by a fire in an alley at the same time.

David is right. Re-used characters (Extras) don't get lines and voice actors. Extras are only made to be put on the background , and our guy here does more than that ... so he's probably not an extra.

• I hope just we get some answerd about this in Episode 4 or 5 please 4 please!

• Believe me, Colin will NEVER get a glamour ;)

• Maybe he's just a reused asset because they didn't want to have to make a dozen different character models for insignificant roles.

• edited April 2014

You were right guys! Guy with the hat (from the corridor from episode 1, with patched pants) is involved! He is Crooked Man's driver.
    I saw that in the scene Nerissa recognized someone, I first though she was simply scared of Mary, but now I think she recognized the guy with the hat as the killer or at least one involved with the murders. You can see him at drivers seat when Bloody Mary gets in the car at 14:07:

• By the way I love ur name and I have said this a bunch of times but this guy looks just like Crispin Cordwainer a guy who works at the glass slipper he has the same hair color and build I would be surprised if it was not him
    Here is a link http://www.comicvine.com/crispin-cordwainer/4005-67232/

• Great theory! But then again you have to remember that Telltale probably reads these threads, especially this one. They could use this to their advantage to see what people are predicting, so they can change it at the last moment, but then again.. you have the episode titles.

• Know what? I call that a cheating. You CHEAT Telltale! :)

Actually I'm only half-joking.

Great theory! But then again you have to remember that Telltale probably reads these threads, especially this one. They could use this to th

• Well the post right above mine says it aswell, I don't think the ginger guy is the killer, he's just a 'servant', a worker, he's the driver of the crooked man. Which already shows he does have something to do with the killer.

• Jack, in episode 3 if you chose to investigate Crane's office first; says that he has certain 'sources' someone is giving him the information, and right before Jack walks in, the tape recorder gives us a message from Bloody Mary. Where she says that The Crooked Man is not pleased with Crane, so even if Crane is not the murderer, there's definetely no one as Crane with Glamour. Cause Bloody Mary was literally talking to Crane in that message, but I wouldn't be surprised if they left that message on purpose so people would think that Crane has something to do with this while he doesn't. Oh god it's TellTale, everything we say just makes them chuckle.

Know what? I call that a cheating. You CHEAT Telltale! Actually I'm only half-joking.

• Yeah, I have the feeling they are reading these theories, changing the storyline and laughing their asses.

• Wait, that doesn't make sense then. If he is driving the taxi at the start of the game, how can he be outside Toad's house?

• It might be just model that they use.

IamNoone posted: »

Wait, that doesn't make sense then. If he is driving the taxi at the start of the game, how can he be outside Toad's house?

• There're a few other annoying and unlikely possibilities: what if two different people are glamoured to look like that one guy? or what if either the guy outside the Tenement Building or the cab driver is glamoured to look like the red-haired guy and they happened to be in the same vicinity without knowing it?

You were worried about TTG getting entangled in their own story, but you have to admit that once you add "magic did it" to the mix, it makes things easier. ;P

It might be just model that they use.

• That is always a possibility. Same goes for teleportation, which I think you mentioned somewhere before.

Magic does make things easier, doesn't it?

Katalept posted: »

There're a few other annoying and unlikely possibilities: what if two different people are glamoured to look like that one guy? or what if e

• It makes story-telling better sometimes, yes, but has a nasty side effect of enabling mass ignorance which I dislike quite a lot. There's already enough things I don't know about, so why add to the problem by pretending the unknown is somehow on my side? Maybe now you can hear the sound of a can of worms opening...

Anyway, the Witching Cloak mentioned in Crane's compendium is also capable of transmogrification and shows the wearer turning into a bird. So, there's that, too.

That is always a possibility. Same goes for teleportation, which I think you mentioned somewhere before. Magic does make things easier, doesn't it?

• edited April 2014

Hmm, in Sheeps Clothing? If Bigby does go low profile I could see that happen...

Yeah I also dislike it pretty much. As I see it, the only way for it to be acceptable is if we were introduced to all its rules and limits within the universe early on in the game. That way it would force us to think with magic in mind, which would add an interesting dimension to it, instead of magic being there working against our logic.

It makes story-telling better sometimes, yes, but has a nasty side effect of enabling mass ignorance which I dislike quite a lot. There's al

• edited April 2014

Speaking of rules and limits, this reminds me of the magic system developed in the Sword of Truth series, as well as the Deathnote manga. In Deathnote, a few rules were introduced about the book and its owners, but as the series progressed they became more elaborate and slightly rediculous, to the point where they weren't mentioned in the story, so I can imagine a conversation between the writer and some friends just going on and on about what's possible when you have something that exists and yet dismantles the laws of thermodynamics.

Also, I fully expect either Bigby or Snow to go undercover while glamoured at some point. Not only would it be hilarious, but having to choose dialogue options that are consistent with what we know about another character would be, like the show, quite interesting.

Hmm, in Sheeps Clothing? If Bigby does go low profile I could see that happen... Yeah I also dislike it pretty much. As I see it, the onl

• edited April 2014

I like that idea a lot, pretending to be someone else with a possibility to screw up entirely.

I'm not big on mangas and animas, though isn't there also an anima called Deathnote? I heard it is exceptionally good. And if I understood you correctly, they eventually got to the point where they ignored the rules they have established earlier?

Speaking of rules and limits, this reminds me of the magic system developed in the Sword of Truth series, as well as the Deathnote manga. In

• Well, it started as an interesting thought experiment and tried to show how logic could be applied to supernatural beings that happened to reason like human being, and ended up in a realistic and well throught out way, but the ideas that came from what you could do with a book that could kill the people whose names you wrote in it just went nutty. Worth a watch and read, though.

I like that idea a lot, pretending to be someone else with a possibility to screw up entirely. I'm not big on mangas and animas, though i

• I think that was just the firelight on her face... ;P

OyBigby posted: »

And she looked kind of HOT :P

• edited April 2014

I get it. It usually happens, I guess it's hard to stay on track with that kind of a story anyway and writers happen to get creative ideas which don't quite fit in the established universe, but still try to make them pass and then it all goes to hell. Still it seems very interesting.

Some people did try to get me into that Deathnote anima, but for some reason I have trouble watching that kind of animation, it bothers me.

Well, it started as an interesting thought experiment and tried to show how logic could be applied to supernatural beings that happened to r

• I think you've talked yourself into believing something that didn't happen and doesn't actually make sense.

TTG has the main plot worked out beginning to end before any episodes are released and take fan input afterwards to alter non-critical elements. Also, the wait for episode 2 was due to "specific and unusual" circumstances, and changing up the narrative based on gamer reactions isn't at all unusual, it's precisely what they say they do. In any case, I don't think you should assure yourself based on what people think happened. Be patient and wait for someone who knows what they're talking about to explain instead of substituting reality with your own speculation.

Naaah , no worries people ! Gingie here ain't going to be no killer anymore :P Telltale makes the episodes based on Community Feedback , and

• You have a good point there.

I think you've talked yourself into believing something that didn't happen and doesn't actually make sense. TTG has the main plot worked

• plot fuckin thickens

• There could also be more than one red haired guy if it's not crispen from the glass slipper
    Who know maybe the crooked man uses a copy of the same glamour on his low level men because it's cheaper and confuses people

• Going to be honest here. He is either the murderer or just a model that TTG overuse. Because I TOTALLY agree with your theory. But in one scene he is the taxi driver and a guy walking down the street at the same time. So I am not sure : /

• edited April 2014

I honestly don't think these look the same at all.

The sideburns and lower hair on his head doesn't fit the Cryer.

Alt text

You were right guys! Guy with the hat (from the corridor from episode 1, with patched pants) is involved! He is Crooked Man's driver. I sa

• Thank you and mother of god he does ._.

By the way I love ur name and I have said this a bunch of times but this guy looks just like Crispin Cordwainer a guy who works at the glass

• edited April 2014

Not the Cryer, it's the other guy from the hall in episode 1. He only appeared there and it seemed like he had patched pants. Cryer might be simply an overused character, but this guy appears only twice, in episodes 1 and 3 respectively. He must be of some significance.

Here, in the very beginning of this video, it's the same guy:

If you pause at 0:05, you'll see without doubt that's him.

Weltenfeind posted: »

I honestly don't think these look the same at all. The sideburns and lower hair on his head doesn't fit the Cryer.

• edited April 2014

Delete

Yeah, I have the feeling they are reading these theories, changing the storyline and laughing their asses.

• Aaaaaaaaah. My bad. :)

Not the Cryer, it's the other guy from the hall in episode 1. He only appeared there and it seemed like he had patched pants. Cryer might be

• It makes it seem like they're both on it

Not the Cryer, it's the other guy from the hall in episode 1. He only appeared there and it seemed like he had patched pants. Cryer might be

• edited April 2014

Well, the entire Fabletown community seem to be somehow involved with the Crooked Man. Atleast the "lower class" Fables. Not a lot else they can do, as pointed out through the majority of the episodes.

Kryik posted: »

It makes it seem like they're both on it

• It wasn't so much that new rules appeared, more that K and N used them in more elaborate loopholes to the point they needed to explain to the readers and viewers more

Speaking of rules and limits, this reminds me of the magic system developed in the Sword of Truth series, as well as the Deathnote manga. In

This discussion has been closed.