Proposed episode ideas, theories, and other speculation

Comments

• edited August 2008
    I feel like this game's villian is going to be...wait for it... dun dun dun: Biscuitdoughhandsman! Think about it. What if the whole game is just a part of the Biscuitdoughhandsman conspiracy? It could happen.
  • edited August 2008
    The only villian I suspect that will be in the Strong Bad Cool Game For Attractive People
    is the mole queen the KOT is forced to marry at the end of Ep. 1
    . That's it. I don't know why, but any new character that is introduced in many Telltale Games are likely enough very evil people who should not be trusted.

Kinda expecting me to be totally off-the-wall here, but at least I got something other than baseless spec.
  • edited August 2008
    I'm sure The Cheat is getting sick and tired of being kicked around.
  • edited August 2008
    I'm thinking Either the KOT (for obvious reasons), or Coach Z.

Why Coach Z? Because his evil laugh would be hilarious. And because I could see him flipping out after being made fun of again for his accent.

Z: Hiya, The Chort!
    SB: Haaaahahahahahaha, "Chort"??
    Z: YOU DIE NOW, STARNG-A BAD!
  • edited August 2008
    Hey Telltale,

I got the wii version of strongbad yesterday. I was using the Lappy to type a message to some of my friends, and you had to point and click the letters on the virtual keyboard you gave us.....

Here's the problem

THE WII SUPPORTS USB KEYBOARD FUNCTIONALITY!

I can go and do Wii messages with my USB keyboard (with the USB ports in the back) but i can't use my USB keyboard functionality with the lappy? cmon man takes hardwork to use the wii remote with an on screen keyboard.

if you can make an update for the lappy to use USB keyboard functionality that would be excellent. if you can't oh well, but please make sure you have it in for the next episode.

If you don't have it in there because you think it brings authenticity to the lappy, ewll than that just seems a bit odd. strongbad don't hunt and peck man, HE ACTUALLY TYPES likes he's typing on a keyboard, not hunt and peck.

thanks

-Sbob
  • edited August 2008
    I have an idea for a minigame too

KICK THE CHEAT LONG DISTANCE CONTEST!!!

basically go to the stick and the cheat will be there.

homestar will be there to propose a kick the cheat long distance contest, you must face homestar in kicking the cheat farther than him starting from the stick.

once you start, there will be a windsock flag bub's stand. and on the right side of the screen there will be a power meter and direction meter.

you basically getting a running start to the cheat (which he's next to the stick) and football kick the cheat as hard as you can and there will be a distance meter along with some distance markers (standing next to free county USA landmarks, like the cool car, photo booth, strongbadia, marzipan's house, strong bad's house etc.)

when the cheat is in the air he should be twirling and screaming.

there should be some type of super kick where it makes a noise when you kick the cheat and he turns all sparkly or on fire! of course this should happen if you do it correctly.

hows this sound?
  • edited August 2008
    StrongBob wrote: »
    I have an idea for a minigame too

KICK THE CHEAT LONG DISTANCE CONTEST!!!

basically go to the stick and the cheat will be there.

homestar will be there to propose a kick the cheat long distance contest, you must face homestar in kicking the cheat farther than him starting from the stick.

once you start, there will be a windsock flag bub's stand. and on the right side of the screen there will be a power meter and direction meter.

you basically getting a running start to the cheat (which he's next to the stick) and football kick the cheat as hard as you can and there will be a distance meter along with some distance markers (standing next to free county USA landmarks, like the cool car, photo booth, strongbadia, marzipan's house, strong bad's house etc.)

when the cheat is in the air he should be twirling and screaming.

there should be some type of super kick where it makes a noise when you kick the cheat and he turns all sparkly or on fire! of course this should happen if you do it correctly.

hows this sound?

Like animal abuse ;).
  • edited August 2008
    ...that's a terrible idea. O_o

I mean, Homestar suggesting to kick The Cheat? The Cheat just sitting around to allow himself to be kicked....twice?

It just really seems to go against the humor of the series.
  • edited August 2008
    Silent wrote: »
    The only villian I suspect that will be in the Strong Bad Cool Game For Attractive People
    is the mole queen the KOT is forced to marry at the end of Ep. 1
    . That's it. I don't know why, but any new character that is introduced in many Telltale Games are likely enough very evil people who should not be trusted.

Kinda expecting me to be totally off-the-wall here, but at least I got something other than baseless spec.

I thought KOT was the season villan. I mean it's kinda obvious, from making Strong Bad do crap he dosen't want to do(as in sneak through the KOT's castle), and then slapping e-mail taxes on Strong Bad. But the Mole Queen may be involved as well.
  • edited August 2008
    I thought KOT was the season villan. I mean it's kinda obvious, from making Strong Bad do crap he dosen't want to do(as in sneak through the KOT's castle), and then slapping e-mail taxes on Strong Bad. But the Mole Queen may be involved as well.

But think about it, even the KOT has been defeated by Biscuitdoughhandsman before. There might be a greater evil going on here.
  • edited August 2008
    I say a kick the cheat distance contest would be hysterical. Maybe not against homestar, but as a "personal record" thing. I mean heck, kicking the cheat in the dryer never gets old. Never.

And the villian? I say it should be the fun machine. Or the Lappy. :D
  • edited August 2008
    Ryebread wrote: »
    But think about it, even the KOT has been defeated by Biscuitdoughhandsman before. There might be a greater evil going on here.

Your right. I think we have some fungus amung us here...
  • edited August 2008
    BD handsman will most likely be in the Nov. episode. Biscuits=Thanksgiving and what not.
  • edited August 2008
    Actually, I think they'll probably pull something other than the villain twist on us in the H*R series. Something more H*R-appropriate, and less predictable.

It's hard to say what Homestar should be, in terms of a long story. Are we just going to get a bunch of self-contained stories for the season, or will we get a big surprise at the end that ties everything together?

It's going to be interesting to see how Telltale deals with making a narrative for something that has never been expressed in anything but 5 minute shorts.
  • edited August 2008
    here's an idea or 3:

episode 103: Echo-Friendly USA: Marzipan has no-handedly managed to score $1,000,000, and is using it for one of the biggest wastes of a million dollars yet: building HUGE flower producing factory, and she's also brainwashed Strong Sad, Homsar, and even Strong Mad into "spreading the word of Global Warming"!!!!!!! which wouldn't be so bad if her 24 hour commercial would stop playing!!!!!!!

episode 104: Homestar's super adventure game for grandma's and Ducks: It's Homestar's time to shine when he forgets Marzipan's Birthday. now he has to find her a present, get Bubs back on track when he's closed down by the health department, and win the quadri-annual blindfold boxing tournament, all in one afternoon. also at the end, Strong Bad returns from his "vacation" to find that the Lappy's been stolen!!!!!!

episode 105: a Lappy in time: It's been a month since the Lappy was stolen, and with everyone else already questioned and shooken upside down, Strong Bad thinks up one conclusion, Homsar took the Lappy!!!! but when he, The Cheat, and Homestar go to question Homsar, they find out that he not only stole Strong Bad's pride and joy, but he's GONE BACK IN TIME!!!! Is Homsar really an insane criminal mastermind? WHEN is the Lappy? and what's with the various biscuit dough chunks they keep finding?

so what do ya think?
  • edited August 2008
    One thing I'd like:

The puzzle in the King of Town's castle is a GREAT puzzle, and I really enjoyed figuring it out. But to figure it out, you're probably going to fail at least 3-4 times. In my case, I took about 15 times before I had the whole routine figured out.

If you're going to fail a mission a lot, and it's going to end in an animation like that, it would be nice to have more variation in the "You failed" animations and dialogue. I saw that there were some variations (heehee, drain bamage), but 3-4 more lines of dialogue or a couple alternate animations would go a long way to making puzzles like that feel less tedious.
  • edited August 2008
    Trogdorman wrote: »
    episode 103: Echo-Friendly USA: Marzipan has no-handedly managed to score $1,000,000, and is using it for one of the biggest wastes of a million dollars yet: building HUGE flower producing factory, and she's also brainwashed Strong Sad, Homsar, and even Strong Mad into "spreading the word of Global Warming"!!!!!!! which wouldn't be so bad if her 24 hour commercial would stop playing!!!!!!!

Eco-friendly products!Apply Directly to Global Warming!Eco-Friendly products!Apply directly to global warming!Eco-frie-*Strong Bad knocks sgfaz out*
    Trogdorman wrote: »
    episode 105: a Lappy in time: It's been a month since the Lappy was stolen, and with everyone else already questioned and shooken upside down, Strong Bad thinks up one conclusion, Homsar took the Lappy!!!! but when he, The Cheat, and Homestar go to question Homsar, they find out that he not only stole Strong Bad's pride and joy, but he's GONE BACK IN TIME!!!! Is Homsar really an insane criminal mastermind? WHEN is the Lappy? and what's with the various biscuit dough chunks they keep finding?

What if it went, in the end, through a portal to the REAL WORLD, so they had to get it back in court?Strong Wright: Awesome Attorney.(For some reason, I've always wanted a Homestar Runner game that was similar to Pheonix Wright.)
  • edited August 2008
    No no, echo-friendly. Like, yodeling equipment and....big bathrooms.
  • edited August 2008
    What I've began to wonder, is the hint forum's description."Stuck in the game? Need a hint? Check here for locations of all hidden maps, monsters, and keys! Spoilers are very likely."?There were no monsters, maps or keys.Why is this the description?Ia it possibly revealing what's coming in future episodes?
  • edited August 2008
    "Monsters and keys" is probably just a throwback to the kinds of games that things like Secret Collect are based on. It's just a joke related to old video games, the kind of joke that H*R make through Videlectrix all the time.
  • edited August 2008
    Yeah, that might be it. But what if it's not?Anything is possible...In The Homestar Zone.Everybody Everybody...
  • edited August 2008
    I bet a good villian for the game would be the Blue Polo Shirt.It's glitched up the polygons so many times, it will distort the game so the shirt can become an all powerful Polo Bad.A mirror of the original, but with the polo shirt.And you have to stop it, before it distorts the rest of the programming too, and ultimately erases Strong Bad into the bargain bin.
  • edited August 2008
    I wouldn't mind seeing old-timey Homestar Runner and Strong Bad at some point. Think crazy time travel adventure. Include Stinkoman if you want.
  • edited August 2008
    More competitons for your name or pic in the game, I would love a piece of me to go down in gaming history.
  • edited August 2008
    I thought KOT was the season villan. I mean it's kinda obvious, from making Strong Bad do crap he dosen't want to do(as in sneak through the KOT's castle), and then slapping e-mail taxes on Strong Bad.

But, judging from how awesome Strong Bad is, the KOT will likely become the OT at the end of Ep. 2. Then who would be the villian after him? That why I suggest the Mole Queen.
  • edited August 2008
    i think that there isn't going to be one overarching villain. i remember reading somewhere that each episode was going to be its own story and there wasn't going to be a central plot to the season.
  • edited August 2008
    Well that's just sad.:(
  • i think that there isn't going to be one overarching villain. i remember reading somewhere that each episode was going to be its own story and there wasn't going to be a central plot to the season.

Wasn't Sam and Max Season 2 something like that? There were only villians for each episode... 201: Shambling Corporate Presence, 202: Mr. Spatula, 203: Watch me spoil more game for people.... (aka Jurgen)
  • edited August 2008
    Wasn't Sam and Max Season 2 something like that? There were only villians for each episode... 201: Shambling Corporate Presence, 202: Mr. Spatula, 203: Watch me spoil more game for people.... (aka Jurgen)
    All controlled and manipulated by the Soda Poppers, the season villains.
  • edited August 2008
    If there is no huge plot over the course of the season, I'll actually be happier with that. Throwbacks are fine, but just no huge plot, because H*R just isn't like that. Inconsistencies are like it's bread and butter.

Also, Gameboy in a blender TIIIIIIME MACHIIIIIINE. Worth a million dollars in dog years.
  • edited August 2008
    But there was DNA Evidence, that was a plot in a way...and cliffhangers...
  • edited August 2008
    DNA Evidence was hardly a plot, and more like a running inside joke. That was one of the few instances in which they explained something, and it never really affected anything anyway.

As for cliffhangers, this was a small 2-parter thing that, again, gave explanations and conclusions to things. About the Tandy and Compy, I mean.
  • edited August 2008
    I have totally deniable proof that there may be a second season. On the WiiWare version, when you click the icon, the first thing Strong bad types is cg4ap101.wad
    101. That means season one, episode 1. Season 1.
  • edited August 2008
    So?

That numbering just leaves open a possibility of a second season. I don't think anyone doubted that Telltale considers the possibility of a second season. But if the first season isn't profitable enough to make the production cost worthwhile, they'll drop it. It wouldn't be the first time they dropped a franchise because it wasn't popular at the time, after all. =p

Also, idea:

Pay attention to your opening cinematic.

-Animation clipping with the Potato Chip bag

-Strong Bad says "Confused" as "Confussed", even though there's no spelling error there.

-"Frency like yourself is any position", rather than "in any position"

-Snot in "I'm pretty sure I don't want to beat the snot out of Homesar" should probably have quotation marks or something else to show he says the word differently. Otherwise, it just looks like he doesn't want to beat Homestar up.

-Somewhat the same with "obviously"

-"into next-week" should probably be "into-next-week".
  • edited August 2008
    Where's the graphics?! Strong Man's game should have GOOD GRAPHICS for all the latest systems!
  • edited August 2008
    So?

That numbering just leaves open a possibility of a second season. I don't think anyone doubted that Telltale considers the possibility of a second season. But if the first season isn't profitable enough to make the production cost worthwhile, they'll drop it. It wouldn't be the first time they dropped a franchise because it wasn't popular at the time, after all. =p

Also, idea:

Pay attention to your opening cinematic.

-Animation clipping with the Potato Chip bag

-Strong Bad says "Confused" as "Confussed", even though there's no spelling error there.

-"Frency like yourself is any position", rather than "in any position"

-Snot in "I'm pretty sure I don't want to beat the snot out of Homesar" should probably have quotation marks or something else to show he says the word differently. Otherwise, it just looks like he doesn't want to beat Homestar up.

-Somewhat the same with "obviously"

-"into next-week" should probably be "into-next-week".

Bad grammar is just part of the humor!
  • edited August 2008
    The e-mailer's bad grammar is part of the humor. His humor is in making FUN of their bad grammar. =p

Also, I don't think it's grammatical to say "bad grammar". I think there's just "grammatical" and "ungrammatical".

The more you know!

Oh! On the creative side of things, rather than the technical:

I do hope we get more musical openers. And then a completely musical adventure as the season finale. A musical...about video games! And conspiracies! And...muffins.
  • edited August 2008
    The e-mailer's bad grammar is part of the humor. His humor is in making FUN of their bad grammar. =p

Also, I don't think it's grammatical to say "bad grammar". I think there's just "grammatical" and "ungrammatical".

The more you know!

Oh! On the creative side of things, rather than the technical:

I do hope we get more musical openers. And then a completely musical adventure as the season finale. A musical...about video games! And conspiracies! And...muffins.

As long as it isn't about a highschool.
  • edited August 2008
    No, it has to be about muffins, in the end. That way, it can black out, and then show Strong Bad on his couch. "Pl...Planet...Planet Alert...", Strong Bad would say, before waking up. He'd then say "I was dreaming about...muffins" after awakening. At this point, we'd get a reprise of "My Style", and the realization that it was all just a dream. With maybe a "OR WAS IT?" moment tossed in the end to set up a second season.
  • edited August 2008
    I bet a good villian for the game would be the Blue Polo Shirt.It's glitched up the polygons so many times, it will distort the game so the shirt can become an all powerful Polo Bad.A mirror of the original, but with the polo shirt.And you have to stop it, before it distorts the rest of the programming too, and ultimately erases Strong Bad into the bargain bin.

That...is...the...greatest...idea...EVER!!!!!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.