Proposed episode ideas, theories, and other speculation

WillWill Telltale Alumni
Post your various speculations and ideas in this thread and this thread only!

Comments

• edited June 2008
    In my thoughts, I did some analysis and they should do a Halloween special for episode 5 since it will be october by then
  • edited June 2008
    I expect the rate of the best-selling episode of this series' sale rate when compared to other WiiWare titles to excel beyond the 95th percentile.

Woo! Speculation!
  • edited June 2008
    The 1936 alternate universe would provide a good opportunity for a black and white episode, an idea which has been tossed around these forums a while back (see here) and apparantly has circulated in the office for much longer even (see post 15). If they are going to do one any time soon, this would be the most auspicious time.
  • edited June 2008
    Old Timey is Fun Timey!
  • edited June 2008
    What about 20X6? You haven't forgotten about that, have you...? =O
  • edited June 2008
    That would rock!!!An old timey episode...Or maybe
    SB finds a way to send himself back in time!!!
    He goes to the old timey land and once he gets back
    H*R is foolin with the time machine and SB gets sent to
    20X6!!!but concidering that in the old times it would be
    harder to make a time machine I don't know...But hey,
    its just a game, telltale can do whatever they want with it!
  • edited June 2008
    Znex wrote: »
    What about 20X6? You haven't forgotten about that, have you...? =O

No. Just because Old Timey is Fun Timey doesn't mean every other time is not. Future Timey is Fun Timey too.
  • edited June 2008
    Trogdorman wrote: »
    In my thoughts, I did some analysis and they should do a Halloween special for episode 5 since it will be october by then

Hmmmm... Dude what if you could choose a costume
    for SB!!!
  • edited June 2008
    A minigame of strong badman universe something like superman with spiderman comedy.
  • edited June 2008
    superman with spiderman comedy.

For the win.
  • edited June 2008
    Yeah, a mini game were you keep Moth Mouth at bay with insect repelent!"Stiny!We're outta Raid!"
  • edited June 2008
    I'd like to take this moment to congratulate Will on liberal application of lock-hammer.
  • edited June 2008
    Why is this sticky?
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2008
    To encourage people to use it to post their ideas in instead of creating 80000 random threads that were impossible to follow!
  • edited June 2008
    Why is this sticky?

In the words of Michael Scott... "That's what she said!"
  • edited June 2008
    I think some of the in game emails should be SB rejecting fan ideas for the next SBCG4AP game. Including this one. Very meta :D
  • edited June 2008
    That would be hilarious. I can see it, now.

I herd about The Awesome Game 4 Attraktive People! You should have a land with several kingsdoms that are connected by dimensonal portals that connexct to other worlds like kingdom hearts and then you and you're friends all meet up with cartoon caracters and teem up with super fighting powers!!

That would be so great, Love,
    FinalFastinyGirl16 (A.K.A BRITTNEY)

Strong Bad: You make a great couple of badly misspelled and grammatically woeful points there, BRITTNEY WRITTEN IN ALL CAPS.

I mean, why would I want to have a game based soley around my off-the-chart levels of awesome when I can just have one that just copies everything that those RectangleSoft company guys or the Smashing Brothers guys already did?

As great as it would be to have the mega-franchise team up game, I don't think that I wanna bother with all of those legal wranglings and multi-layered copyright trademark hogtyings, that it would take just to have to share screen time with a bunch of other well known characters that might threaten to shoehorn in on my style.

Hecks no to that! Also you should think about legal proceedings to change your name to being less caps lock-y. I doubt that middle school role call or company picnics can be very much fun for you when everyone has to shout your name loudly everywhere you go.

Oh it's all smiles and laughter at first but it's gotta get painfully old, sooner or later. Probably sooner than later.

Better just stick to that embarrassingly typoed, unoriginal screen name with the unnecessary number tacked on the end-action you got going on.

DELETED!!
  • edited June 2008
    That would be strange...
  • edited June 2008
    That would be strange...

deer stron badd,
    eye sugjest in ur cewl gaym fer atraktiv peepl u jump arownd with ay purpl theen.
    ur frend
    boby
    (Sarcasticly)hy boby tat is ay grayt ideea eye wil reemembur tat.
  • edited June 2008
    deer stron badd,
    eye sugjest in ur cewl gaym fer atraktiv peepl u jump arownd with ay purpl theen.
    ur frend
    boby
    (Sarcasticly)hy boby tat is ay grayt ideea eye wil reemembur tat.

Beautiful. Telltale can't refuse to put this in season 2!
  • edited June 2008
    Oh yeah comic gold
  • edited June 2008
    BadStrong wrote: »
    Beautiful. Telltale can't refuse to put this in season 2!

It took awhile to think up a way to misspell some words.
  • edited June 2008
    It would take "awhile", wouldn't it?
  • edited June 2008
    Juhsayngul wrote: »
    It would take "awhile", wouldn't it?

Sory, purpusly mispelling tayks afect on ur speling.
  • edited June 2008
    uff kores it duz!!!
  • edited June 2008
    This post is on the long side, but bear with me here (or skip to the last paragraph; either one, really)...
    In that recent On the spot episode, look at the demonstration from roughly 22:10 onwards. Notice how after passing by Bubs', Strong Bad goes on to arrive at Strong Badia, the Gremlin, the photo booth, the drive-thru and The Stick, all without any delay or map use !. You can even see the Gremlin from Strong Badia and the booth from the Gremlin!
    116qts5.png
    Note the icon that briefly appears in the top left of the screen at each new place. The box points at the map icon, and neither appears when going to Bubs' using the map nor when going to Strong Badia the second time. From this we may conclude that it means "location added".
    2cfy6tw.pngLocation Added.
    519dz4.pngLocation NOT Added.
    (For more convincing, how about the fact that none of these locations were on the map before going to Bubs', or that there being five of them is consistent with the empty space in the top row (Strong Badia then being directly behind Bubs'.)

But waittaminute! This can mean only one thing: FREE ROAMING! Yes, imagine just walking from one place in Free Country USA to another without any noticeable lag and without needing anything more than your intimate knowledge of its spatial arrangement. What if I say that's the real reason they're taking a bit longer?
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2008
    Not all environments are accessible without load (for instance, arriving at Marzipan's house or Strong Bad's house has a load), but many of the environments in out in the outdoors in Homestar Ruiner are explorable without load times. It's very cool!
  • edited June 2008
    Mmm, suddenly your location choices get an added strategic element. :) My awesomeness estimate just went up another notch. (Has there ever been an adventure game with this kind of free movement?)
    Thanks for not denying it.
  • edited June 2008
    Woot! Free roaming! =D
  • edited June 2008
    Free Rome!!

*coug*ing*cough*
  • edited June 2008
    Would time cchange like day to night and if not... NO CLUB TECHNOCHOCOLATE!!! anyway it would be cool at night. You know pour rotten milk on Marzipan's prized petunias while she's asleep, climb carrot and Kazoo Hill, Club Technochocolate. And just walk around and see the nightlife(maybe).

If so the this would probably be a cool time tracker

Time: 5:00 A.M

Dawn
    DAY
    Evening--Night
    Midnight

Or Maybe just that Strong bad Clock thing
    (Homestarrunner.com/downloads)
  • edited June 2008
    I am without speech; yet I feel the need to leave my mark.
  • edited June 2008
    Did ye not see thy sticky?

^Disregard that, 'tis merged now.
  • edited June 2008
    A day and night feature is not that important. While still cool, some plot points may rely on time of day, and me waiting 12 hours just to eat toast in the morning is not happening. Although, it would extend the game length...

Do we all understand yet that Telltale is not going to answer our questions unless the information is trivial or has already been released? That goes for almost every video game company. Why would Telltale be any different?
  • edited June 2008
    The cheat's house
  • edited June 2008
    The Cheat lives with The Brothers Strong, so he doesn't have a seperate house.
  • edited June 2008
    The Cheat lives with The Brothers Strong, so he doesn't have a seperate house.
    No, he lives in the KOT's grill, remember?
  • edited June 2008
    Recuerdo.
  • edited June 2008
    I'll be interested to see what other kinds of items there will be, and what each one gives special access to.

PS: I'll be looking for the piece of paper with the special name that will get me into Club Technochocolate!:D
  • edited June 2008
    I have come up with an insane and unlikely but completely awesome theory concerning those map areas that exist in the same space (Strong Badia, the Gremlin, etc.). I think that there is a possibility, however slim, that moving those things around on the map actually changes their positions in the free-roaming area. We could be able to wield the power of God... or a really overzealous geographer.

Edit: I've thought of the problem of what would happen if a seperately loaded area (like Strong Bad's house) was placed between two or more free-roamers or groups thereof. If my crazy theory is correct, they would be split into two or more seperate areas.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.