Proposed episode ideas, theories, and other speculation

Comments

• edited June 2008
    I believe they're going to be a mere 40MB a piece; they can still squeeze hours worth of content in since the character models are very simple (it's not unusual to not have fingers... or hands... or arms...) and the textures are too.
    The pricing is said to be in line with that of the Sam & Max episodes, so it will probably be closer to 1000 Wii Points per episode than 500.
  • edited June 2008
    Hmmm... I suppose 1000 is a reasonable price, but I mean come on, if people would rather pay 500 than 1000 then. *Deep Breath*

Double the amount of people can afford it, thus, still making the same profit and introducing people into the series, and maybe for Episode 2, they can introduce the 1000 Wii Point price tag, that's just my opinion though! :P
  • edited June 2008
    I'm fairly confidant that the game will end up at around the maximum for WiiWare downloads, which is supposed to be right around 40MB. I think they'd want to squeeze as much quality and good content in there as possible.

If I were to cut the price of one episode, it wouldn't be the first one...But... I can't really explain why... Someone else do it for me, please.
  • edited June 2008
    Juhsayngul wrote: »
    I'm fairly confidant that the game will end up at around the maximum for WiiWare downloads, which is supposed to be right around 40MB. I think they'd want to squeeze as much quality and good content in there as possible.

If I were to cut the price of one episode, it wouldn't be the first one...But... I can't really explain why... Someone else do it for me, please.
    Nah, I'd make it the first. That way, people will be more inclined to download it and then if they like it they'll continue to get the next episodes.
    But... then again, they might be turned off and feel ripped off if the first one is cheap but the rest are more expensive... huh. I'm sure there's an answer. Or not. I don't even know what's going on at this point. Where am I?
  • edited June 2008
    TrogLlama wrote: »
    But... then again, they might be turned off and feel ripped off if the first one is cheap but the rest are more expensive...
    That's what I was looking for.
  • edited June 2008
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D They should have all the old-timeys and the 20x6 characters make an appearence some how
  • edited June 2008
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D They should have all the old-timeys and the 20x6 characters make an appearence some how
    Was the smiley hell really necessary?
  • edited June 2008
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Your smilies take prozac at all?
  • edited June 2008
    Was the smiley hell really necessary?
    No, I agree. Anyway, has anyone seen the screenshots of the comic creator? It looks great!
  • edited June 2008
    All I ask for is the same kind of cameo appearances, inside jokes, easter eggs, & dated pop culture references we've all come to expect from the series. Sam & Max had all that (except the easter eggs) so Telltale was the perfect choice.
  • edited June 2008
    TTG have to be the best game company EVER. As many say, they are the only company that listens to their fans! :D
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2008
    LikaLaruku wrote: »
    Sam & Max had all that (except the easter eggs)

Sam & Max had easter eggs... Maybe you just never found them!
  • edited June 2008
    It only had one easter egg if you know what I mean.
  • edited June 2008
    It only had one easter egg if you know what I mean.
    First you complain about 'adult' shows, and yet now THIS? Don't be a hypocrite, man!
    Damn... I gotta wash out my brain now! Thanks a lot.
  • edited June 2008
    First you complain about 'adult' shows, and yet now THIS? Don't be a hypocrite, man!
    Damn... I gotta wash out my brain now! Thanks a lot.
    I was talking about the egg in the abe lincon must die.
  • edited June 2008
    oooo playing old Timey Strong Bad!!!
    and homsar makes an appearance, no?
    ok how bout homsar as a playable character?
    no?????
    come on telltale how bout one little homsar appearance!
  • edited June 2008
    splash1 wrote: »
    oooo playing old Timey Strong Bad!!!
    and homsar makes an appearance, no?
    ok how bout homsar as a playable character?
    no?????
    come on telltale how bout one little homsar appearance!
    The snake boxer forbidden mode,"BEAT THE CRAP OUTTA HOMSAR!!!"'DaaAa, I'm just a weaker GlaSs JoE.'
  • edited June 2008
    I was talking about the egg in the abe lincon must die.
    ...It was a joke. A joke about how the phrase 'if you know what I mean' makes anything an innuendo.
  • edited June 2008
    The snake boxer forbidden mode,"BEAT THE CRAP OUTTA HOMSAR!!!"'DaaAa, I'm just a weaker GlaSs JoE.'

i meant in the game not snake boxer
  • edited June 2008
    I have weird speculation!

Maybe one episode could be dangeresque-esque? (involving using some kinda wii nunchuk-gun?) or maybe one could involve the cheat commandos?
  • edited June 2008
    Weird idea... Anyway I'd like to see like a fairy suit for SB, maybe to humiliate him, that would be funny.
  • edited June 2008
    StrongMatt wrote: »
    Weird idea... Anyway I'd like to see like a fairy suit for SB, maybe to humiliate him, that would be funny.
    Whenever he talked to someone, he'd yell "I'M A PRINCESS!" , and he'd skip around, and whenever he came near someone, they'd 1.Say something in shock 2.Laugh 3.Run 4.Question sanity 5.King says "I'M NOT YOUR FATHER!" 6. Coach Z would approve.
  • MarkDarinMarkDarin Former Telltale Staff
    edited June 2008
    Whenever he talked to someone, he'd yell "I'M A PRINCESS!" , and he'd skip around, and whenever he came near someone, they'd 1.Say something in shock 2.Laugh 3.Run 4.Question sanity 5.King says "I'M NOT YOUR FATHER!" 6. Coach Z would approve.
    What kind of medication are you on, man?!
  • edited June 2008
    MarkDarin wrote: »
    What kind of medication are you on, man?!

Life, man.Wait... aw crap!I remember I took to much Prozac!
  • edited June 2008
    My Dangeresque-related speculation: Telltale Games is quite possibly our only hope of ever getting to see Dangeresque 3: The Criminal Projective (in 3D!). Best potential machinima ever.
  • edited June 2008
    BiggerJ wrote: »
    My Dangeresque-related speculation: Telltale Games is quite possibly our only hope of ever getting to see Dangeresque 3: The Criminal Projective (in 3D!). Best potential machinima ever.

The plot has NOTHING to do with the title character,SB.This isn't TellTale's Cool Game for Attractive People, it's Strong Bad's.
  • edited June 2008
    The plot has NOTHING to do with the title character,SB.This isn't TellTale's Cool Game for Attractive People, it's Strong Bad's.

Except Strong Bad plays Dangeresque, so therefore it does have something to do with him. I'm certainly hoping for, if not a whole Dangeresque episode, a good number of Dangeresque references.
  • edited June 2008
    sweet! maybe you could defeat perducci
    and make prank calls on Dangeresques awesome car-phone!
  • edited June 2008
    Except Strong Bad plays Dangeresque, so therefore it does have something to do with him. I'm certainly hoping for, if not a whole Dangeresque episode, a good number of Dangeresque references.

Well, after watching Telltale's On the Spot appearance (go to 17:57 for feature on SBCG4AP), the SBCG4AP gameplay footage showed a lot of Dangeresque references, including the car that appears in Dangeresque. So, I don't think you have to worry.
  • edited June 2008
    BadStrong wrote: »
    Well, after watching Telltale's On the Spot appearance (go to 17:57 for feature on SBCG4AP), the SBCG4AP gameplay footage showed a lot of Dangeresque references, including the car that appears in Dangeresque. So, I don't think you have to worry.

OK, good to hear. I've been planning on checking that out, but haven't gotten around to it yet.
  • edited June 2008
    The car in Dangeresque is not "the car from Dangeresque", it's the car from Homestar Runner! That's not a Dangeresque reference at all.

You need to speculate based on what would be in a cartoon. A normal Homestar Runner cartoon. Because that's the world this game is in. Yeah, Dangeresque characters are played by the real Homestar Runner world's characters, but how would you ever be able to fit a reference to that concept into a cartoon that doesn't revolve around it? It would not be natural in any way to try to make that kind of thing happen. It would feel like Family Guy, and they'd just say stuff like "A spaceship? You mean like from Dangeresque 1 where they went into space?!" (made that up). Internal references are not good when they're forced. Subtle things like the cereal boxes are awesome, but most of the time, comedy relies on originality.

I think that if you're looking for pointless Dangeresque references, then you do have to worry. Telltale knows how to do inside references and so do the Chapmans, and while it may seem like they're just random, there is some thought to putting them in. There has to be a place for it. Some context is necessary. I don't know if I've been able to convey my point well, but I sure tried.
  • edited June 2008
    Juhsayngul wrote: »
    The car in Dangeresque is not "the car from Dangeresque", it's the car from Homestar Runner! That's not a Dangeresque reference at all.

You need to speculate based on what would be in a cartoon. A normal Homestar Runner cartoon. Because that's the world this game is in. Yeah, Dangeresque characters are played by the real Homestar Runner world's characters, but how would you ever be able to fit a reference to that concept into a cartoon that doesn't revolve around it? It would not be natural in any way to try to make that kind of thing happen. It would feel like Family Guy, and they'd just say stuff like "A spaceship? You mean like from Dangeresque 1 where they went into space?!" (made that up). Internal references are not good when they're forced. Subtle things like the cereal boxes are awesome, but most of the time, comedy relies on originality.

I think that if you're looking for pointless Dangeresque references, then you do have to worry. Telltale knows how to do inside references and so do the Chapmans, and while it may seem like they're just random, there is some thought to putting them in. There has to be a place for it. Some context is necessary. I don't know if I've been able to convey my point well, but I sure tried.
    Well, BadStrong said "the car that appears in Dangeresque", which technically is correct, like saying Strong Bad "appears" in Dangeresque.

I think I get what your main point is, though. I don't usually like jokes like your "Hey, remember that spaceship from that one time?" example, because it's like they're going "Here's the joke, laugh at it!", and I don't like that. I'm more hoping there's stuff like Strong Bad randomly (not "randomly", per se, but having some context, just not a Dangeresque one) going "Looks like we're gonna have to juuump!" or something. Like, for example, if a hurdle event were in the race in Episode one and SB said that. Hopefully TellTale could think of something much funnier than that, because that's kinda lame, but hopefully you get my point.
  • edited June 2008
    Wow, a car, what if you could go into SB's eyes (First Person) and drive? Very limited idea that though.
  • edited June 2008
    Wow, a car, what if you could go into SB's eyes (First Person) and drive? Very limited idea that though.
    Except that'd be totally different from the rest of the game. So, yeah.
  • edited June 2008
    Agreed.
    But what if it was for his game system?
  • edited June 2008
    They don't have the keys to that car. But it would be pretty cool if you found the keys. That's something that wouldn't be ridiculous. Because there's a car there. And. I mean, it's just there. And... Find some... Keys...
  • edited June 2008
    Agreed.
    But what if it was for his game system?
    I think a first-person driving game would be kind of hard to pull off on Strong Bad's consoles...
  • edited June 2008
    Yeah, OK. But, I think it would be funny if you find the keys to the car and then someone gets in and then... that's where my thoughts end.
  • edited June 2008
    Yeah, OK. But, I think it would be funny if you find the keys to the car and then someone gets in and then... that's where my thoughts end.

Since there are no wheels and it locks from the inside, they could make a Reality/Survivor show spoof.
  • edited June 2008
    How 'bout one where strong bad and strong mad hve a wresting match to see who really is the strongest of the strongs!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.