Proposed episode ideas, theories, and other speculation

Comments

• edited June 2008
    BiggerJ wrote: »
    Edit: I've thought of the problem of what would happen if a seperately loaded area (like Strong Bad's house) was placed between two or more free-roamers or groups thereof. If my crazy theory is correct, they would be split into two or more seperate areas.

I think that the "separately loaded areas" might be part of a "free-roamer", i.e. you could go to the outside of Strong Bad's house without loading, and you would then enter his house from this area, not by coming to it from a separate map area (i.e. Bub's). I have no idea if that's the case, but that's what seems like the easiest solution to me.
  • edited June 2008
    Somebody should make a patch to end the loading times.Maybe their should be host a Mii party feature.
  • edited June 2008
    1. Telltale's already gone the way of loading times other companies SHOULD GO.
    2. Why a Mii party? It's a STRONG BAD game, not Mii.
  • edited June 2008

But it would be awesome.
  • edited June 2008

You could upload your miis in the wii version to have a party in SBG4CAP since the miis have not been given much attention at all.
  • edited June 2008
    i somehow think that this would ruin the feeling of the game...the mii characters have a totally different style as h*r. also, the range of h*r-characters is quite limited ever since it was created and suddenly having a bunch of miis in there would be totally wrong.
    if you want to be in a game so badly, you should get the penny arcade game..
  • edited June 2008
    wisp wrote: »
    i somehow think that this would ruin the feeling of the game...the mii characters have a totally different style as h*r. also, the range of h*r-characters is quite limited ever since it was created and suddenly having a bunch of miis in there would be totally wrong.
    if you want to be in a game so badly, you should get the penny arcade game..

Maybe, since TTG mentioned costume pieces, there will be a Mii costume?
  • edited June 2008
    Dude...that would be even worse!Maybe if you got a shirt with
    a mii on it, that would be okay.
  • edited June 2008
    Perhaps I've missed it, but will there be subtitles in the game ? I ask this because both Pom-Pom and The Cheat are completely unintelegible and I can rarely understand what Strong Mad and Homsar are saying.

Also I would love to see a refference to The Bro-thernal Order of Different Helmets somewhere. I simply loved that short. And I would like to see a refference to Trogdor, that simply is a must.
  • edited June 2008
    Dude...that would be even worse!Maybe if you got a shirt with
    a mii on it, that would be okay.

Yeah, I know.
  • edited June 2008
    People, not every game needs to use Miis. Seriously. There is just no good reason for it.
  • edited June 2008
    Really? This is what SBCG4AP speculation and ideas has come down to? Whether or not Miis should be in the game?
    Simple answer:
    No.
  • edited June 2008
    I wonder if SB can do a little jig or something by waggling the Wiimote...
  • edited June 2008
    Well since they did a mii contest it might be possible.
  • edited June 2008
    Strong Bad's recent 'demo' has given me an idea for a retro minigame - an entire mini retro adventure game! It could be like the classic Sierra games in that its puzzles are obtuse and illogical, so in order to finish the game and get the maximum score, Strong Bad would have to get hints the old fashioned way - by digging out the game's feelies, finding the number for the game's hint hotline, and asking other people.
  • edited June 2008
    Strong Bad's recent 'demo' has given me an idea for a retro minigame - an entire mimi retro adventure game! It could be like the classic Sierra games in that its puzzles are obtuse and illogical, so in order to finish the game and get the maximum score, Strong Bad would have to get hints the old fashioned way - by digging out the game's feelies, finding the number for the game's hint hotline, and asking other people.

Get to work!
  • edited June 2008
    Strong Bad's recent 'demo' has given me an idea for a retro minigame - an entire mimi retro adventure game! It could be like the classic Sierra games in that its puzzles are obtuse and illogical, so in order to finish the game and get the maximum score, Strong Bad would have to get hints the old fashioned way - by digging out the game's feelies, finding the number for the game's hint hotline, and asking other people.

With sites like gamespot and gamefaqs is their even a requirement for feelies?
  • edited June 2008
    Juhsayngul wrote: »
    I wonder if SB can do a little jig or something by waggling the Wiimote...

Yeah!He could do that fishing email jig!
  • edited June 2008
    Yeah!He could do that fishing email jig!

Come on and get in the game (ladies), come on and get in the game (girls girls)...
  • edited June 2008
    If anything what if one of the episodes were like that SB email called "Alternate universe"
    to me that would seem like a good idea
  • edited June 2008
    they should put senor cardgage in the game! imagine what'd i'd be like if he were a second playable character...
  • edited June 2008
    they should put senor cardgage in the game! imagine what'd i'd be like if he were a second playable character...

Maybe he could allow me into the movie theatre...:D
  • edited June 2008
    BadStrong wrote: »
    Maybe he could allow me into the movie theatre...:D

"Come back when you're all grold up,"
  • edited June 2008
    [IMG]http:// http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,351360,00.html[/IMG]

*whisper*i heard strong bad was in the game*whisper*
    is it true telltale ?
    oh and do you choose the tgs dialogue or not?
  • edited June 2008
    "Come back when you're all growed up,"
    Fixed. :D
  • edited June 2008
    "Come back when you're all grodied up,"

:):):):):)
  • edited June 2008
    [IMG]http:// http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,351360,00.html[/IMG]

*whisper*i heard strong bad was in the game*whisper*
    is it true telltale ?
    oh and do you choose the tgs dialogue or not?

Oh, you're just a laugh a minute aren't you.
  • edited June 2008
    This might be a good idea...

EVERYONE is saying to do the 1936 Old Timey one and the 20X6.
    How about at the end of the episode before this that Strong Bad finds a time machine (by accident), and you can choose where to go, 1936 Old Timey, or 20X6.
  • edited June 2008
    dogmakipa wrote: »

How about at the end of the episode before this that Strong Bad finds a time machine (by accident), and you can choose where to go, 1936 Old Timey, or 20X6.

I'm not.
  • edited June 2008
    Nor am I. That's 2 with, I'm sure, at least several unaccounted for.
  • edited June 2008
    dogmakipa wrote: »

I don't know, that just seems so... cliche. I'm not against the idea of visiting the oldtimey and 20X6 worlds, but they would have to go about it in the right way. Finding a time machine just isn't something Strong Bad would do.
  • edited June 2008
    BadStrong wrote: »
    I don't know, that just seems so... cliche. I'm not against the idea of visiting the oldtimey and 20X6 worlds, but they would have to go about it in the right way. Finding a time machine just isn't something Strong Bad would do.
    A blender and a Gameboy, on the other hand...
    Anyway, didn't Sam & Max basically do the same thing in 204?
  • edited June 2008
    In my humble opinion, I would like it if instead of doing episodes based off the 20X6/Old-timey worlds, or based off sbemails, they just do like what they did for Homestar Ruiner, a completely new idea. For all we know, they may visit a brand-new universe, or anything else really. I'd just like to see them cover some new turf.
  • edited June 2008
    Kaotic_Blu wrote: »
    In my humble opinion, I would like it if instead of doing episodes based off the 20X6/Old-timey worlds, or based off sbemails, they just do like what they did for Homestar Ruiner, a completely new idea. For all we know, they may visit a brand-new universe, or anything else really. I'd just like to see them cover some new turf.
    Good point. :)
  • edited June 2008
    Znex wrote: »
    Good point. :)

• edited June 2008
    Now why would you need a time machine to do an old timey episode? There's an entire old-timey cast already, so just use them; you don't need anyone to visit it at all! What happens in the episode can become relevant later through a time capsule, a recovered diary, or even just a ridiculously lucky break with a funny reference or two.
  • edited June 2008
    Strongbadman universe could be accessed through a comic book.
  • edited June 2008
    Harald B wrote: »
    Now why would you need a time machine to do an old timey episode? There's an entire old-timey cast already, so just use them; you don't need anyone to visit it at all! What happens in the episode can become relevant later through a time capsule, a recovered diary, or even just a ridiculously lucky break with a funny reference or two.

This man's a genius!
  • edited June 2008
    I would be highly disappointed if Telltale made an Old-Timey episode. There's not nearly as much potential for fun/comedy/perplexialitiment for that universe as there is for the normal Homestar one.
  • edited June 2008
    I'm wondering if every episode will fit on the Wii's hardrive og 512MB, apparently, there's going to be a way Nintendo are hoping will solve this problem, I'm expecting a memory card of some sort to fit in the USB slot in the back, anyone else got any thoughts on the size of the game?

Also, does anyone know the price? (I know no one does, I was just trying to start conversation...) I think it should be 500 Wii points. (How cheap am I!?) But, tons of people would buy it, I know loads of people including myself, would buy it even if it was 1000 instead, but it's got a lot more potential for 500 Wii Points, and it fits perfectly into my Wii Point balance of 2500! :P

Discuss... if you want...
Sign in to comment in this discussion.