Sam & Max The Movie

Comments

• edited July 2008
    Thanks for burning the traumatizing image into my brain,Wolf!

attachment.php?attachmentid=197
  • edited July 2008
    MY EYES ARE MELTING!!!

But a Sam and Max movie would be awesome.
    How about the return of hugh bliss.
  • edited July 2008
    Dear. God.
  • edited July 2008
    MY EYES!IT BURNS US!*Head asplodes*
  • edited July 2008
    See what I mean!?
    INFINITELY PREFERABLE.
  • edited July 2008
    I think they already made a movie about a rag tag team of three-piece suit wearers driving in a massive sixties car with an authoritative decal on the doors fixing injustices while wearing stylish fedoras and causing millions of dollars worth of hilarious property damage all while in the backdrop of a major metropolis.

b_blues_main5.jpg
  • edited July 2008
    Hasn't anybody learned anything from spider man movies especially spider man 3 which should have been called petter parker 1. Spider man was in the movie for only 10 minutes in fact black spider man was in it more than spider man.Gone was the funny spider man with wise crack puns. Personally I don't think all the new spider man movies should be called spider man now. I know that many people don't like canon I can ignore the fact that in the original comic goblin didn't die, that Brock helped remove the black spider man suit or that Harry was not an enemy but the movies did not even get their personalities right not to mention the spider man love story which happened much later. In fact the films influence was so great that they completely changed the story of the orginal comic. Now you don't want that to happen to Sam and Max.
  • edited July 2008
    FWIW, the original Goblin actually did die in the comics. They brought him back during the Secret Wars IIRC, instead of Harry as they had originally planned.
    And Harry wasn't an enemy in the movie... either... well, at first, but it was the same in the comics.

Besides, the movies exist in a different continuity than the comics. They don't need to tell the same stories.
  • edited July 2008
    And Sam & Max have practically little to no continuity at all!
  • edited July 2008
    That's one thing that adds to their greatness, you can never have read any S&M stuff and still pick up the comic and enjoy it to it's full extent. I'd love to get into sooo many comics but I just don't know where to start with them because of all the stories and back stories.
  • edited July 2008
    Like I said on the youtube fan trailer for a Sam & Max movie, the only way we will ever see something like this is if Steve Purcell is given the director's chair for one of Pixar's short. Which does make me wonder what he could shove into 5 minutes given the episodes he penned for the animated series.
  • edited July 2008
    I really think that Sam and Max work best in smaller doses than a movie. Once you make a movie, you need an overarching plot that strings the whole thing together dramatically speaking.

Yeah, we have a big plot in the two Sam and Max seasons. But it's across several smaller episodes, which are self-contained in and of themselves. And you can't split a movie up like that. I just don't think it'd work, like the problems we had with that horrible Spongebob movie.

Also: Toy Story is by FAR the best Pixar film. The sequel is great too, but Finding Nemo is probably just slightly better. Wall-E was great, and the first half of the movie made me really wonder if it was going to be as good as Toy Story. But then the second half came, and I was more eh.

......Put on your Sunday clothes, there's lots of world out there! Get out the brillantine and dime cigars.....
  • ArtArt
    edited July 2008
    Badwolf wrote: »
    Could've been worse, pretty sure I heard something about them wanting Max to be a girl.

Hi,

Max to be a girl! Now that would be crap!:mad:
    Now that I think... No, still crap.

See,ya
  • edited July 2008
    I really think that Sam and Max work best in smaller doses than a movie. Once you make a movie, you need an overarching plot that strings the whole thing together dramatically speaking.

Yeah, we have a big plot in the two Sam and Max seasons. But it's across several smaller episodes, which are self-contained in and of themselves. And you can't split a movie up like that. I just don't think it'd work, like the problems we had with that horrible Spongebob movie.

Also: Toy Story is by FAR the best Pixar film. The sequel is great too, but Finding Nemo is probably just slightly better. Wall-E was great, and the first half of the movie made me really wonder if it was going to be as good as Toy Story. But then the second half came, and I was more eh.

......Put on your Sunday clothes, there's lots of world out there! Get out the brillantine and dime cigars.....
    I'd have to disagree with you on the terribleness of the Spongebob movie. For a TV-to-movie adaptation, it was actually pretty good.
    Anyway, do we necessarily know that Sam & Max works best in smaller doses? The fact that there's no precedent within the franchise for larger stories doesn't mean that it wouldn't do it well.
  • edited July 2008
    TrogLlama wrote: »
    I'd have to disagree with you on the terribleness of the Spongebob movie. For a TV-to-movie adaptation, it was actually pretty good.
    Anyway, do we necessarily know that Sam & Max works best in smaller doses? The fact that there's no precedent within the franchise for larger stories doesn't mean that it wouldn't do it well.

Hello even a 10 year old could have made a better movie by just making a movie called "Bob, SpongeBob" Walking Lethal Deadly.

Plot
    While walking spongebob runs into deadly dangers from simple everyday interaction and activities.Maybe that idea isn't that bad.

Anyway the story of the spongebob movie was filled with boring crude humor. The second krusty krab idea wasn't funny. Then we are shown employee of the month trophies which made spongebob age over 80. Since when is spongebog a kid? The alphabet joke sucked and the mermaid was a terrible add on. Filled with plot holes like why didn't Plankton just destroy the crown and how did plankton survive in Shell City the place where he put the crown. Sure the rock song scene in the ending was good and funny but that was the only original thing in the movie.Also Squid ward seemed to be nice to spongebob.And live action human helping spongebob and patrick combined with the chase scene was stupid.
  • edited July 2008
    Hello even a 10 year old could have made a better movie by just making a movie called "Bob, SpongeBob" Walking Lethal Deadly.

Plot
    While walking spongebob runs into deadly dangers from simple everyday interaction and activities.Maybe that idea isn't that bad.

Anyway the story of the spongebob movie was filled with boring crude humor. The second krusty krab idea wasn't funny. Then we are shown employee of the month trophies which made spongebob age over 80. Since when is spongebog a kid? The alphabet joke sucked and the mermaid was a terrible add on. Filled with plot holes like why didn't Plankton just destroy the crown and how did plankton survive in Shell City the place where he put the crown. Sure the rock song scene in the ending was good and funny but that was the only original thing in the movie.Also Squid ward seemed to be nice to spongebob.And live action human helping spongebob and patrick combined with the chase scene was stupid.
    Every single complaint you have (crude humor, unfunny jokes, plot holes, etc.) are problems that are present in the TV show. I said good TV-to-movie adaptation, not good movie. There's a difference.
  • edited July 2008

Plot

Is it possible you didn't like it because you are not the target audience?

It's a rhetorical question because I literally pinpointed the issue.
  • edited July 2008
    Zootch wrote: »
    Is it possible you didn't like it because you are not the target audience?

It's a rhetorical question because I literally pinpointed the issue.

The Spongebob cartoons that were created by Setphen Hillenberg had more original humor so you probably expect it to be the funniest movie.Plus it was a boring fetch quest kinda movie.It also lacked comedy.
  • edited July 2008
    The Spongebob cartoons that were created by Setphen Hillenberg had more original humor so you probably expect it to be the funniest movie.Plus it was a boring fetch quest kinda movie.It also lacked comedy.
    You know, I haven't laughed at Spongebob in a long, long time.
    I think the "EXPOSITION" rainbow got me, but that's because I'm a sucker for meta-humor.
  • edited July 2008
    Yuck, no. The only way a Sam & Max movie would ever be good is if it was made with the graphics used for the cut scenes of the Telltale Games version, or more preferably, a full length feature of the original cartoon series which Fox was so damned stupid to cancel.
  • edited July 2008
    How about a machima movie. You know a movie made using in game scenes with just changes in the behavior of the characters AI.
  • edited July 2008
    No precedent? What do you call the TV Series?!
  • edited July 2008
    Zeek wrote: »
    No precedent? What do you call the TV Series?!
    Not... larger... stories?
    We're talking movie-length, as compared to TV-show length.
    The Telltale games actually take longer than a movie, but are considered to be telling 'shorter' stories due to their episodic nature.
  • edited July 2008
    How about a machima movie. You know a movie made using in game scenes with just changes in the behavior of the characters AI.

They did do that on the Season 1 DVD, they had shorts that had the same graphics and settings from Season 1, only they put Sam & Max in new situations with new lines in funny short stories.
  • edited July 2008

Oh god. What have you done? There's so many links on that wiki I'm literally getting dizzy because I want to open and read all those articles!

More on the matter:

Full-length feature would most likely feel forced. I do however hope some day Pixar will let Steve P. write them a short movie featuring the Freelance police. Something along the lines of "Sam & Max go to the carnival (based on the 17th century folks tale A Dog And A Lagomorph Cause Havoc)" They could do their standard routine of "Hey Sam- I mean, Max" and "Where do you keep that gun, anyway?"
  • edited July 2008
    I don't think a Sam and Max movie would do very well, I mean, after all, most movies based on video games suck.
  • edited July 2008
    I don't think a Sam and Max movie would do very well, I mean, after all, most movies based on video games suck.

i say again as i have before, its a comic book based film not a game based film
  • edited July 2008
    And that went very well with Iron Man.
    Telltale should definately hire that guy for the job.

After a little reconsideration I would rather see Conroy Bumpus taking revenge on Sam and Max for
    freezing, sacrificing and selling him to a carnival.
  • I would love to see this! http://youtube.com/watch?v=ndz5QjJVBy4
    rofl, That's great
  • edited July 2008
    Maybe it should be made in Maya. The Season Two Cinematic Trailer looked so good!
  • edited July 2008

That´s the wrong way. It´s usually games based on a movie that sucks.

And i agree with patters. It´s a movie based on a comic book!
  • edited July 2008
    StewG wrote: »
    That´s the wrong way. It´s usually games based on a movie that sucks.
    Super Mario Bros.Double Dragon.
    Enough said.(I saw one, mario bros DVD with two black guys on it, one with a red, another with green.If I'm right...*eye twitches.*
    EDIT: I now remember, that the Black guys were also wearing Leather Jackets...
  • edited July 2008
    Super Mario Bros.Double Dragon.
    Enough said.(I saw one, mario bros DVD with two black guys on it, one with a red, another with green.If I'm right...*eye twitches.*

To be fair, a live-action movie based on Super Mario Bros. is an intrinsically bad idea. If I remember correctly, Bob Hoskins was Mario, a talented actor, just a bad movie.

Wasn't Dennis Hopper in it as well?
  • edited July 2008
    Zootch wrote: »
    Wasn't Dennis Hopper in it as well?
    I think he played Koopa.
  • edited July 2008
    To be fair, Super Mario Bros. wasn't anywhere near a quality game. Now, Sonic the Hedgehog....
  • edited July 2008
    to be fair, super mario bros. Wasn't anywhere near a quality game. Now, sonic the hedgehog....

blasphemy!keeel heeeem!now he'll say et for atari was a good game!
  • edited July 2008
    To be fair, Super Mario Bros. wasn't anywhere near a quality game.
    I sure hope you get burninated for that!
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2008
    I sure hope you get burninated for that!

His burnination was deflected by blast processing.
  • edited July 2008

Jake.

You're awesome.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.