Sam & Max The Movie

Comments

• edited August 2008
    Blast! Maybe they weren't meant for a movie. Chances are, they would have wierd voices and their personalities would be all wonked up so they could include cheesy low-level comedy to please the masses. I'd still watch it in a heart-beat though
  • edited August 2008
    A 3d Freakazoid adventure game...
    I like it!

...Oh, wait *rereads thread* Fox Kids? That's a terrible idea!
    Fox has never carried decent kids shows. The Batman is the only thing that comes to mind, but 5 seasons is hardly premature.
  • edited August 2008
    Zootch wrote: »
    A 3d Freakazoid adventure game...
    I like it!

...Oh, wait *rereads thread* Fox Kids? That's a terrible idea!
    Fox has never carried decent kids shows. The Batman is the only thing that comes to mind, but 5 seasons is hardly premature.
    FTW.
    Actually, I'd like to see Telltale handling any of the Spielberg-presented cartoons. Even the one that was made to fill a requisite educational slot.
    [/pipedream]
  • edited August 2008
    Enough about that, would Sam & Max the movie be lame, or cool in CGI?
  • edited August 2008
    Depends on quality of animation.
  • edited August 2008
    I hope it's Pixar. THAT WOULD BE AWESOME!
  • edited August 2008
    ...A cross-over with every awesome show that was cancelled on Fox Kids who join in & sing "Were not gonna take it" until Max shoots them all!

Failed cartoon characters singing terrible one-hit-wonder songs from the eighties... Sounds like comedy Saturday on the BBC
  • edited August 2008
    TrogLlama wrote: »
    FTW.
    Actually, I'd like to see Telltale handling any of the Spielberg-presented cartoons. Even the one that was made to fill a requisite educational slot.
    [/pipedream]
    I loved Hysteria! I just wish that show got green-lit on the DVD deal so I can enjoy it and relearn general knowledge history. :D
  • edited August 2008
    Zeek wrote: »
    I loved Hysteria! I just wish that show got green-lit on the DVD deal so I can enjoy it and relearn general knowledge history. :D
    Aye. 'Twas a great show.
    "I spent decades bringing peace to my people... so play nice or I'll give you such a punch on the nose!"
  • edited August 2008
    I love all Stephen Speilburg cartoons :D
  • edited August 2008
    Animaniacs was the shiz! What if Sam & Max traded places with a different Sam & Max from our universe who don't look or act like Sam & Max at all!
  • edited February 2011
    well maybe the 3d in sam and max movie looks like.......THIS?!
    Ahh,Disney sometimes makes better shorts their movies.Any Hannah Montana movies in the works, I'm coldly staring at you.
    how about you look at me- KUNG FU STAIRING CONTEST............................................................................GO!

ps: I am NOT JACK BLACK
  • edited February 2011
    pepsiboy3 wrote: »
    ps: I am NOT JACK BLACK

You could have fooled me.
  • edited March 2011
    Badwolf wrote: »
    Could've been worse, pretty sure I heard something about them wanting Max to be a girl.

D: Then disturbing fanfics would be more....disturbing :O
  • edited March 2011
    heres the fan poster i made from all day long
    sam_and_max_the_movie_by_pepsiboy3-d3bvo9d.png
    TA DA!
    is based on "Cars" series
  • edited March 2011
    You may want to pick a better film that he worked on. While he did work on both Cars films, he story boarded a few other that have a more favorable appeal from Pixar fans. Cars is seen as the bottom of the barrel, even out bottoming Bug's Life.
  • edited March 2011
    You may want to pick a better film that he worked on. While he did work on both Cars films, he story boarded a few other that have a more favorable appeal from Pixar fans. Cars is seen as the bottom of the barrel, even out bottoming Bug's Life.

I actually enjoyed Cars more than A Bug's Life.

Incidentally, I looked up Steve's Filmography.
    Wikipedia wrote:
    Filmography
    The Completely Mental Misadventures of Ed Grimley (1988) – production crew
    The Adventures of Sam & Max: Freelance Police (1997–1998) – writing and design
    Cars (2006) – additional screenplay material and additional voices
    Mater and the Ghostlight (2006) – additional character design
    Ratatouille (2007) – production crew
    George & A.J. (2009) – voice of Carl Fredricksen

Yeah, not a very impressive List.
  • edited March 2011
    He worked on Ratatouille and you're not impressed?
  • edited March 2011
    Steve needs more chances in the industry then pixar.
  • edited March 2011
    crfh wrote: »

Huh, that does explain the design of the humans. I thought the Sou Cheif looked a bit like Flint Paper.
  • edited March 2011
    crfh wrote: »

I'm just saying it's not very impressive compared to his ludography.
  • edited March 2011
    I don't think a Sam and Max movie would do very well, I mean, after all, most movies based on video games suck.

Well, I think that Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children is a definite exception as that film is amazing!

Anyway, I believe that a Sam and Max movie would be fantastic!
  • edited July 2011
    this "sam and max" film had appears in THIS wiki so...User_Mentlegen_1285358652Seeman_L4D2Avatar.jpg
  • edited July 2011
    If I'm reading that correctly, he says he's not considering pitching Sam and Max to Pixar.
  • edited July 2011
    Darkblader wrote: »
    If I'm reading that correctly, he says he's not considering pitching Sam and Max to Pixar.

Pitching is one thing, but it sounds like he's just not going to adapt them into a Pixar short period.

Interestingly enough, his fellow Pixar employees are aware of his characters. He posted a picture of one of his co-worker's Lego creation of the characters that he found sitting in his office one day.
  • edited September 2011
    here's some fan video i made click here
  • edited September 2011
    why no one posting?
  • edited September 2011
    does anyone agree with me?
  • edited September 2011
    someone please post except for me
  • edited September 2011
    If you are going to be this annoying, then I'm going to be brutally honest in my critique about your fan video.

It sucks.

Want to know why?

For starters, your opening clip is from a different, BETTER-MADE fan trailer. That right there will turn people off from your video, because guess what? You're stealing. You aren't appropriating; you're ripping off someone else's trailer.

Second, your audio is so loud that it's forcing me to turn off the trailer. I didn't even make it to the end because you couldn't figure out how to keep the volume out of the red. I literally stop playing your video because of how horrible the audio was mashed together.

Want to make it better?

1. BE ORIGINAL! Don't just take someone else's trailer and mash them up with different company logos and an audio swap. Actually put some effort into it.

2. LEARN HOW TO EDIT PROPERLY!! Not professionally, but properly. Know how to cut clips. Learn how to normalize your audio levels so they aren't blaring out of my speakers at full volume.

3. MAKE IT INTERESTING! If I turned it off after a minute, what makes you think that anyone would want to sit through two minutes of it? Like I said, you turned it off within 30 seconds of the trailer because you weren't being original in your edit, and you didn't do anything interesting. You just played the clip. YOU DO NOT WANT YOUR VIEWER TO BE TURNED OFF BY YOUR TRAILER!

There, you got your response. And like I said, this is my honest, most brutal critique as someone who has experience editing video.
  • edited September 2011
    If you are going to be this annoying, then I'm going to be brutally honest in my critique about your fan video.

It sucks.

Want to know why?

For starters, your opening clip is from a different, BETTER-MADE fan trailer. That right there will turn people off from your video, because guess what? You're stealing. You aren't appropriating; you're ripping off someone else's trailer.

Second, your audio is so loud that it's forcing me to turn off the trailer. I didn't even make it to the end because you couldn't figure out how to keep the volume out of the red. I literally stop playing your video because of how horrible the audio was mashed together.

Want to make it better?

1. BE ORIGINAL! Don't just take someone else's trailer and mash them up with different company logos and an audio swap. Actually put some effort into it.

2. LEARN HOW TO EDIT PROPERLY!! Not professionally, but properly. Know how to cut clips. Learn how to normalize your audio levels so they aren't blaring out of my speakers at full volume.

3. MAKE IT INTERESTING! If I turned it off after a minute, what makes you think that anyone would want to sit through two minutes of it? Like I said, you turned it off within 30 seconds of the trailer because you weren't being original in your edit, and you didn't do anything interesting. You just played the clip. YOU DO NOT WANT YOUR VIEWER TO BE TURNED OFF BY YOUR TRAILER!

There, you got your response. And like I said, this is my honest, most brutal critique as someone who has experience editing video.

first word at "Want to make it better?" thanks
    second at "Want to know why? For starters, your opening clip is from a different, BETTER-MADE fan trailer. That right there will turn people off from your video, because guess what? You're stealing. You aren't appropriating; you're ripping off someone else's trailer. Second, your audio is so loud that it's forcing me to turn off the trailer. I didn't even make it to the end because you couldn't figure out how to keep the volume out of the red. I literally stop playing your video because of how horrible the audio was mashed together."
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvVkxH5LflU
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPbzRkpPKOk
    344.gif
  • edited September 2011
    Back on topic or this thread gets locked. Pepsi, please stop multi-posting. If you want to add more, use the edit feature.

Thank you!
  • edited September 2011
    Okay, getting back on topic, there are several debates that need to be worked out:

1. Live Action vs. Animation: Do you think it would be better if the film was made with real actors shot on location, or do you think that it would be better if the movie was just animated?

2. Actors: Who should play the two lead characters? Bill Farmer and Nick Jameson, Dave Nowlin and William Kasten, or another set of actors?

3. Plot: Should the plot of the movie follow the comics, the games, or should it be an original idea?

4. Director: Fairly straightforward. Who should direct the movie?

5. Film Company: We've already established that Pixar will be highly unlikely to handle the film, so what other film companies could handle the film?

Okay, I've set up the guidelines to get the thread back on track, so please respond.
  • edited September 2011
    1. Animation. Live action would just MURDER it. And hopefully it'll be 2D and not 3D, though I'm worried that it'll probably end up being the latter.

2. Bill Farmer and Nick Jameson, because what can I say? I'm just a sucker for nostalgia.

3. I say it should be more along the lines of the comics.

4. Steve Purcell, the creator, obviously.

5. I don't know... maybe some indie film company? It'll probably be one of those direct-to-DVD things.
  • edited September 2011
    lattsam wrote: »
    1. Animation. Live action would just MURDER it. And hopefully it'll be 2D and not 3D, though I'm worried that it'll probably end up being the latter.

2. Bill Farmer and Nick Jameson, because what can I say? I'm just a sucker for nostalgia.

5. I don't know... maybe some indie film company? It'll probably be one of those direct-to-DVD things.

I don't know I would actually like to see Pixar do Sam&Max...Steve works there and he knows the system. Their are so many positives for it but...then again there is...Disney.
  • edited September 2011
    *edit*
    1.Just animation in live action like this and that.

2. ill stick with Dave Nowlin and William Kasten thats okay with everyone

3. sam and max season 3 and sam and max tv show

4. Steve Purcell
    and eddie lebron (maybe)

5. blue core studios, disney pixar, and lucas films
    Icedhope wrote: »
    I don't know I would actually like to see Pixar do Sam&Max...Steve works there and he knows the system. Their are so many positives for it but...then again there is...Disney.
    *crying*
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TylvUGJIi_w
  • edited September 2011
    that.
    and eddie lebron (maybe)
    (also sonic fan film...)

are you trying to advertise the sonic fan film
  • edited September 2011
    lattsam wrote: »

1. What's wrong with 3D animation? It can deliver a good product as long as it's done effectively and carefully, and not just some polygonal waste of time and money. *cough*Ratatoing*cough*

2. Somehow, I knew you'd say that. Personally, I'd leave the casting choices up to the professionals who know what they're doing. As long as we don't have to resort to using A-List actors (most of whom can't actually ACT, mind you) I think the majority of the fanbase will tolerate it.

3. The only problem I can see with following the comics is that there's not that much content to adapt from any singular story. Maybe as a compromise they could do something like "Sam and Max: The Animated Comics."

4. Yeah, it would probably make sense for Steve to direct, since he created the characters, but by that logic, he should also be the one writing the script, which would probably overwork him. Maybe if the film is made, the film company should just take a cue from Telltale and use Steve as a "Creative Consultant," which is basically Hollywood speak for "editor."

5. Hmmm... maybe Telltale should seriously consider film production. Most of their games are like interactive movies, anyway. Except, you know, GOOD.
    1.Just animation in live action like this and that.

2. ill stick with "Bill Farmer and Nick Jameson, Dave Nowlin and William Kasten" thats okay with everyone

3. maybe lines from game, tv, and comics

4. Steve Purcell
    and eddie lebron (maybe)

5. Cars 2 and Wall-e
    (also sonic fan film...)

1. I really, really, REALLY hope you're not being serious. Cartoon CG mixed with live action NEVER works out well. For Example: The Mask, Star Wars Episode One, Scooby-Doo, Garfield, and yes, Yogi Bear.

2. *beat* You can only choose ONE set of actors, Pepsi.

3. So you're suggesting that the film borrow dialogue and jokes, but not actual story?

4. Steve: see previous answer. Eddie LeBron: We're looking for somebody with a good resume, not a first-timer.

5. I said film COMPANY, not films.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.