Announcing Wallace & Gromit's Grand Adventures!

Comments

• edited July 2008
    Is their going to be a thread for the other mystery game?
  • edited July 2008
    I can't believe no one has said this yet:

Cracking Game, Grommit!
  • edited July 2008
    Is their going to be a thread for the other mystery game?

This is the Mystery Game friend
  • edited July 2008
    xChri5x wrote: »
    This is the Mystery Game friend

Ages ago, there was an announcement that there were two mystery games. I'm pretty sure the other one was Strong Bad, though.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2008
    Kedri wrote: »
    Ages ago, there was an announcement that there were two mystery games. I'm pretty sure the other one was Strong Bad, though.

Heh yeah, the "two unannounced series" are in fact:

1) Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People
    2) Wallace & Gromit's Grand Adventures
  • w00t! I love Wallace and Grommit!

Hopefully this'll still be t-rated like Sam and Max, but will have good-ol' Monty-python style- British Humour! =D
  • edited July 2008
    Hopefully this'll still be t-rated

Hopefully this'll still be t-rated like Sam and Max, but will have good-ol' Monty-python style- British Humour! =D

Ummmm, have you ever even seen wallace and grommit? It is comepletely G-rated and has no monty python what so ever. god, some people.:rolleyes:
  • edited July 2008
    BigNick wrote: »
    HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sam and Max...
    Strong Bad...
    Wallace and Grommit...

CAN TELLTALE GAMES GET ANY MORE AWESOMER??????!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?

You know what would be cool? CALVIN AND HOBBES!!!!!! you could play as calvin and it'd be just like sam and max!! Solve mysteries, ride the taboggin or wagon, and pelt suzie with water ballons and snow balls. It's like an adventure!
  • Ummmm, have you ever even seen wallace and grommit? It is comepletely G-rated and has no monty python what so ever. god, some people.:rolleyes:
    Have you heard that your too obbsessed of Calvin and Hobbes?! it's not the type of comic to be turned into an game. =/ Still love it. ^_^

Blah, E-rated?! at least E10+!! Why no Cussing Abe Lincoln statues??? *starts whining like the fanboy he is*

K, enough of that. Oh well. I can stand G games. I hope it's better than that movie they made. The voices are the same, though, right?? =D
  • edited July 2008
    GUYS HELP I can't get my jaw off the floor!!

Oh my goooodddd! I LOVE Wallace & Gromit soooo much! You have no idea how estactic I am right now!!

And once again I'm blown away by the art direction- it looks just like the cartoons! You guys are amazing!
  • edited July 2008
    Well, Wallace & Gromit is pretty much a family friendly thing. Next thing you know, TellTale Games would have to team up with Warner Bros. Games, and Steven Spielberg to work on an Episodic Game Series based on either Animaniacs, Tiny Toon Adventures or Freakazoid.
  • edited July 2008
    Have you heard that your too obbsessed of Calvin and Hobbes?! it's not the type of comic to be turned into an game. =/ Still love it. ^_^

Blah, E-rated?! at least E10+!! Why no Cussing Abe Lincoln statues??? *starts whining like the fanboy he is*

K, enough of that. Oh well. I can stand G games. I hope it's better than that movie they made. The voices are the same, though, right?? =D

yes, i would've guessed E10+.. if this game is anything like the first 2 then it'll have some cartoon violence
  • violence!!!! *let's joy of cartoon violence sink in*

Sorry, i'm in my "max" mood. ^_^ Anyways, this looks preeeety cool. Still, I'm after SCG4AP more
  • edited July 2008
    Whooooooohooooooo! Wallace and Gromit, so unexpected but I cannot wait! Just please get a good voice for Wallace. :D
  • edited July 2008
    To me this is the most exciting Telltale related happening since S&M season 1. That render gets the look down unbelievably well. Atmospherically it'll be interesting to see which direction Telltale goes; I'm hoping for something Hitchcockian like The Wrong Trousers, though Hammer horror like the Curse of the Were Rabbit would be cool too. It'll be interesting to see how it's structured too as I can't see the individual, linked cases style of S&M working for Wallace and Gromit without seeming contrived but am sure Telltale will come up with something fitting.
  • edited July 2008
    OMG Wallace and Gromit are superb.

I hope that Telltale can emulate the character and humour or the series.

However I have some real concerns.

Americans can't do british comedy.....Every uk show that has been americanised has sucked ass. Coupling, the office, fawlty towers, Red Dwarf, Steptoe and Son etc etc.
  • edited July 2008
    Really? I actually like NBC's version of The Office a lot. They're quite different, but that's not the same as bad :)

Well, to each his own, I guess.

(and yes, I liked the original as well.)
  • edited July 2008
    Yeah, The US Office certainly does not "suck ass".
  • edited July 2008
    Lucien21 wrote: »
    OMG Wallace and Gromit are superb.

I hope that Telltale can emulate the character and humour or the series.

However I have some real concerns.

Americans can't do british comedy.....Every uk show that has been americanised has sucked ass. Coupling, the office, fawlty towers, Red Dwarf, Steptoe and Son etc etc.

The American Office was never suppost to be America's attempt at british humour. That being said, the show is pretty much one of the best TV shows ever created (besides LOST).

I'm sure TTG will have lots of help from Aarman/Nick Park with the writing.
  • edited July 2008
    Well I stopped watching after the first season as it was a pale imitation and did indeed "suck ass" IMO.

The same thing happens in the opposite direction ITV remade "Mad about You" (one of the best US comedies ever) and "Married with Children" (Brilliant show) for the UK audience with less success.

My point is that Wallace and Grommit are very much British through and through in the setting and the jokes and everything about it. Any attempt to change this will result in a massive fail, any anytime I have seen an american company try to recreate British humour it just doesn't work.

Transplanting Wallace and Gromit to an American setting is a non-starter or you end up with those Mr Bean movies of British character goes to American and not a lot of hilarity ensues.
  • edited July 2008
    Transplanting Wallace and Gromit to an American setting is a non-starter or you end up with those Mr Bean movies of British character goes to American and not a lot of hilarity ensues.

Umm, no one said anything about putting Wallace & Gromit in an American setting.
  • edited July 2008
    Is It Come On WiiWare Just Like SBCG4AP Or Wii Disk Or Just PC
  • edited July 2008
    Is It Out On WiiWare
  • edited July 2008
    I'd imagine the files will be too big for Wiiware, but Wii disc is a strong possibility. More info coming on Monday, perhaps revealing platforms (if Comic Con doesn't reveal them first).
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2008

Epic jumping to conclusions going on here. I don't think anyone's said anything ever about "Wallace & Gromit go to America" in any shape or form.
  • edited July 2008
    I'm sure tt will stay true to the things which made wallace & gromit popular and beloved in the first place ! (including the ingenious voiceactors).
    you got a customer !

don't forget, every episode AT LEAST one crazy invention by wallace
    (and crackers)
  • edited July 2008
    Jake wrote: »
    Epic jumping to conclusions going on here. I don't think anyone's said anything ever about "Wallace & Gromit go to America" in any shape or form.

Tag added. :D

*sits back and waits until Monday*
  • edited July 2008
    Jake wrote: »
    I have made half this jump myself(hop to conclusions?), not that W&G will be put in an American setting but that will be written by American writers. Will this game be written with an American style of humour or British?

(Not that I really care, as I find both British and American comedies funny :))
  • edited July 2008
    Wow, what a great surprise! :D Never expected the news to be this big!!
  • edited July 2008
    Guys! I think I've figured out The Ultimate Question of Life, The Universe, And Everything!
    "On a scale of 1 to 42, how awesome is Telltale right now?"
  • edited July 2008
    OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Faints...
  • edited July 2008
    Have I ever told you guys how much I love you? Because seriously... I love you.

First Bioware get Sonic, now you get Wallace & Gromit. Ceiling Cat obviously loves me.
  • edited July 2008
    I've never heard of this cartoon before. Is it a kids show? Is this a return to kids focused games like Bone, or is this intended for a broader audience?
  • edited July 2008
    It's not really a show, more of a series of short films (there's three so far, and one feature length film). I'd say it's targetting a family audience, rather than just kids, so I would've thought the game'd be the same.

There should be some clips on Youtube to give you the general idea.
  • edited July 2008
    Fooey wrote: »
    I've never heard of this cartoon before. Is it a kids show? Is this a return to kids focused games like Bone, or is this intended for a broader audience?

Wallace and Gromit is a series of shorts (and one film) about Wallace, an english inventor and his dog, Gromit, who speaks without words. The age group for Wallace and Gromit I'd say is 8-100: It's family friendly but anyone can enjoy it. Go rent the movie The Curse of the Were-Rabbit and you'll see what all the fuss is about.
  • edited July 2008
    nice, hoping its good
  • edited July 2008
    The official website has tons of clips to watch for anyone who's never seen W&G before!
  • edited July 2008
    They're not going to change that. Every Wallace and Gromit thing from the U.K. released in america the same way. the thing about the office was that it needed a more american approach. just don't worry about it. I'm sure arrdman will take care of everything...right?
  • edited July 2008
    arrdman

You're thinking of the makers of Pirate Wallace and Gromit. A very different franchise :)
  • edited July 2008
    tabacco wrote: »
    You're thinking of the makers of Pirate Wallace and Gromit. A very different franchise :)

But you're working on that next though, right? As part of the Monkey Island trilogy?
Sign in to comment in this discussion.