Announcing Wallace & Gromit's Grand Adventures!

1235»

Comments

• edited July 2008
    *chucks my wallet at Telltale*

Here! Have it! You use it more times than I do
  • edited July 2008
    I *am* going to buy this. But:
    "Cracking good, Gromit!" ? (http://www.telltalegames.com/wallaceandgromit)
    Wallace would never use 'cracking' as an adverb, would he? The man has his standards. Do be sure to get the dialogue right, won't you?
  • edited July 2008
    wisp wrote: »
    actually macs always where pcs, even if the term is most commonly used for ms or maybe unix operated machines.

Macs are unix operated machines ( the core of OS-X is unix-based ).

Personally, I'd like to see the W&G games available for Linux pcs, but I'm not holding my breath.
  • edited July 2008
    NOT the place for an OS argument. Take it elsewhere please.
  • edited July 2008
    I've not had the pleasure of seeing any of the Wallace & Gromit shorts or the movie yet. But I suppose now I ought to watch all of them so I won't miss out on any obscure references they're bound to make in the games.

A couple of questions: (even though they've been discussed, no one's asked directly about it yet. At least not in this thread.)

1. Will Nick Park and the team from Aardman be involved in the game, and if so, how heavily? Like, Ricky Gervais and Steve Merchant with the American Office, or like Edgar Wright, Simon Pegg, and Jessica Hynes with the aborted american Spaced remake?

2. Will the original voice actors be used for Wallace and any other recurring characters from the series be used in the game where possible?
  • edited July 2008
    Awesome news! Bhought, played and loved all the Sam&Max games. I wouldn't be surprised if W&G will become an even bigger hit for Telltale since they have more massmarket appeal.

Pull out all the stops and surprise us! This is definitely a potential classic in the making!
  • edited July 2008
    Woohoo! I love Aardman's claymation. :D Give it the full treatment, ya hear? ;)
  • edited July 2008
    By coincidence, "The Curse of the Were-Rabbit" was broadcast on a french TV channel yesterday... So, I watched it and I thought it was great, better than Chicken Run. Hope TTG will made really good games because it's worth.
  • edited August 2008
    Had a chance to get the Wallace and Gromit collection at Publix today for only $12. I didn't take it though. I don't like making impulse purchases, but I'll probably get it the next time I'm over there.
  • edited August 2008
    So, now that you've got the claymation thing going, how long until we see a neverhood based series?

Here's to hoping!
  • edited August 2008
    So, now that you've got the claymation thing going, how long until we see a Gumby-based series?
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2008
    So, now that you've got the claymation thing going, how long until we see a Gumby-based series?

Wallace & Gromit and Gumby: Two series notable for a train which drives by track rapidly appearing in front of it.

Also: another weird connection
  • edited August 2008
    Games like SBCG4AP and Wallace & Grommit are games I can really enjoy. Telltale definitely has it's eyes set on a very specific demographic. I look forward to playing both series. :)
  • edited August 2008
    I guess the Ajaxian Cheat can't enjoy Sam and Max. ;)
  • edited August 2008
    Jake wrote: »
    Wallace & Gromit and Gumby: Two series notable for a train which drives by track rapidly appearing in front of it.

Also: another weird connection

Looks like gumby accidentaly stepped into a Stephen King novel collection...
  • David EDavid E Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2008
    Jake wrote: »

I always found Gumby (the cartoon series, not the character) somewhat terrifying when I was younger, and this confirms it.

Edit: Oh, god.
  • edited August 2008
    Wait, you guys watch Gumby under other circumstances than this? (Bonus: Wallace and Gromit reference.)
  • edited August 2008
    I'd heard of Wallace and Gromit in the past, always in glowing terms, but I had never watched it. When I heard Telltale was going to be working on an episodic series based on the characters I went and ordered the film as well as a DVD containing the three shorts from Amazon.ca

I of course, absolutely loved it. I'm actually more excited right now for this than a third season of Sam and Max.

The screenshots are spot-on with the look. If the game is as true to it's source material as Strong Bad was, than I have good reason to be excited.
  • edited August 2008
    I think the day this was announced was the day that Telltale became my new gods. Sam & Max, Homestar Runner, and Wallace & Gromit? It's like a never-ending fountain of awesome around here. Wallace and Gromit were a medium sized part of my childhood, and I was not expecting to see any more of it after Curse of the Were-Rabbit. I can't wait.
  • edited August 2008
    nirniva wrote: »
    Guys! I think I've figured out The Ultimate Question of Life, The Universe, And Everything!
    "On a scale of 1 to 42, how awesome is Telltale right now?"

There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the universe is for, and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarrely inexplicable.

There is another theory which states that this has already happened.

Now that my rampant DNA fanboyism is taken care of... on to my rampant Nick Park fanboyishm.

This is a very very pleasant surprise to find upon my return from vacation. I've always loved claymations, and W&G was my personal favorite (with Frog and Toad being my second). Telltale strikes me as being perfectly-suited to the W&G universe.

Now all we need as a Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy series to come out of Telltale, and I will sell them my soul to do with as they see fit.
  • edited August 2008
    I'll do that if they make one of Domo-Kun.
  • edited August 2008
    There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the universe is for, and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarrely inexplicable.

There is another theory which states that this has already happened.

Now that my rampant DNA fanboyism is taken care of... on to my rampant Nick Park fanboyishm.

This is a very very pleasant surprise to find upon my return from vacation. I've always loved claymations, and W&G was my personal favorite (with Frog and Toad being my second). Telltale strikes me as being perfectly-suited to the W&G universe.

Now all we need as a Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy series to come out of Telltale, and I will sell them my soul to do with as they see fit.

PBF111-Reset.jpg
  • edited September 2008
    Shaun the Sheep !
  • edited September 2008
    Thats about........OVER NINE THOUSAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • edited September 2008
    Ok, whoever said Telltale should make a Calvin & Hobbes game just made a mess in my pants. I'm not sure how they would do it, and I don't see how they could make it match what's in my head without me being there telling them how to do it, but if they got it right... god...

Oh yeah, Wallace & Gromit is good too. ;) Any chance of getting Peter Sallis for Wallace? If you can get someone else who does the voice exactly right, that would be fine, but Sallis would be a nice touch.
  • EnoEno
    edited September 2008
    It's great to see Telltale Games getting these licenses (not to mention such support and help from the original creators of these licenses) that are just about made for the point-and-click genre. Wallace and Gromit fit the formula perfectly.

The point-and-click adventure games may have been pushed into what now appears to be a niche corner of the gaming world, but it's still great to see they're being kept alive by capable hands.

...Maybe all that sounded too sycophant-ish, but it's just nice to see one of my favourite childhood animations turned into a game. I know it's been done before, but this feels much more right than previous attempts.
  • edited October 2008
    My first post, just I say: AMAZING! Thank you for this!
  • edited October 2008
    I hope this new Wallace and Gromit game is great!!!
  • edited October 2008
    I could hope that Wallace & Gromit's Grand Adventures will be great, but I'm not. That's because I know it'll be great! ^_^
  • edited November 2008
    Wow! You can hardly tell them from the clay!

P.S. When is it coming out? Im dying to play it!
  • edited January 2009
    That screenshot looks just like the cartoon.

Not cartoon. Claymation. Which must be really hard to mimic in 3D-animation. I'm looking forward to it. :)
Sign in to comment in this discussion.