Announcing Wallace & Gromit's Grand Adventures!

edited January 2009 in Wallace & Gromit
wgrender.jpg

We're extremely proud to announce Wallace & Gromit's Grand Adventures!
You can learn more at the official page or at the original news story from the Associated Press.

Comments

• edited July 2008
    Awsomeness!

edit: Telltale goes british.. ;)
  • edited July 2008
    ...this is just too awesome. I'm speechless. Original voice acting, I presume?

That screenshot looks just like the cartoon. You've got the looks down right.
    Do you have an expected release date? Q2 2009?
    What platforms?

So many questions...
    Woooooooo-hoo!
  • edited July 2008
    omg....Wallace & Gromit....FROM TELLTALE!!!!
  • edited July 2008
    OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG.
    I love Wallace and Gromit!
  • edited July 2008
    OMG OMG OMG!

Amazing!!

I love Wallace and Grommit!!

It's funny, because I really never expected this -- yet it make so much sense!
  • edited July 2008
    You guys have really made it big with this property! Hope you make the best of it!
  • edited July 2008
    The only reason I found out about this because of a Blog post that led me to the site (the smallest Sam and Max tribute article) and noticed the site design was different. I was wondering if the smaller header applied to the main page or not (it did).

Hope this game is good.
  • edited July 2008
    HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sam and Max...
    Strong Bad...
    Wallace and Grommit...

CAN TELLTALE GAMES GET ANY MORE AWESOMER??????!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?
  • edited July 2008
    Oh my stars and garters! Aardman + Telltale = Epic winrar!
  • edited July 2008
    How come the announcement is on monday, if comic-con is today?
  • edited July 2008
    Are the characters going to be voiced by the same people?
    Is the game episodic?
    Should I just be patient and wait until Monday? :P
  • edited July 2008
    *Jaw drops to floor* YYYYEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSS!!!!!! I'm even more happy to know it's not Halo!!!!!! *Grabs flame shield*
    BigNick wrote: »
    HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sam and Max...
    Strong Bad...
    Wallace and Grommit...

CAN TELLTALE GAMES GET ANY MORE AWESOMER??????!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?

Yes: Death Note.
  • edited July 2008
    Holy cow! OMG! You've GOT to be kidding! No way! Get out of town! Wallace & Gromit! I already knew I was in love with you Telltale, but now this is beyond love. Where do I kneel?

I very much agree with you Gabez. This is an awesomely unpredictable move, but such a perfect fit for Telltale and the episodic format!
  • edited July 2008
    dan wrote:
    “Clay presents a challenge if you really get into the detail of it. For example, adding fingerprints in a medium where there aren’t any is one of the discussions of how far we should go with the game’s detail.”

They should do it Neverhood-style.

edit: I know it's not gonna happen, but it would be nice anyway...
  • edited July 2008
    Yippee!
  • NickTTGNickTTG Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2008
    this game is gonna be SWEET!
  • edited July 2008
    the return of Nick!!!!
    and i love Wallace & Gromit!

I FREAKIN LOVE YOU TELLTALE!
  • edited July 2008
    NickTTG wrote: »
    this game is gonna be SWEET!

Good to see that at least Telltale themselves like it..
  • edited July 2008
    Hm.

I'm not quite ecstatic yet, to be honest.

But yes, this is definitely not the kind of thing I was expecting(and no, I wasn't expecting a LucasArts adventure franchise!). And wow was it a surprise!

I'm going to, at the very least, give the first game a try. I suppose Telltale is going to do the "Upgrade to the full season after buying one episode" deal they do with Sam and Max? If so, then I'll probably buy the first episode and see if I really enjoy it.

Curse of the Were-Rabbit was fun, and I liked it. But I honestly hadn't seen much of Wallace and Gromit before that, and it's not a franchise that I can't wait to get released, like Sam and Max and Homestar.

*glances up at the cheering masses*

Don't kill me, guys. ;_;
  • edited July 2008
    Congratulations, guys!
    This is a far more international license than Strong Bad. I've always loved the characters and I'm ready to jump in! :)
  • edited July 2008
    ever sense the 2 games of W.G i have always wanted a new one..and Telltale has made my dream come true....
    *sniff* sorry..i think i have something in my eye :o
  • edited July 2008
    But I honestly hadn't seen much of Wallace and Gromit before that,

Don't kill me, guys. ;_;

You need to see "The Wrong Trousers".
  • edited July 2008
    Wow... I did not expect that!
  • edited July 2008
    YesyesyesyesYESYESYES!!!!
    Gabez wrote: »

I know! Ag I'm gonna explode with excitement.
  • edited July 2008
    Yawn (= cool
  • edited July 2008
    Its like... All of my favorite characters from computer games and movies are starring in Tell Tale Games! Yay! :D

P.S. Tell me when theres a new Day of the Tentacle.
  • edited July 2008
    Wow, guys, really, really didn't see this one coming. This is beyond awesome. The humour (we'll have to spell it like that now, I guess) is pretty different from that of Strong Bad and Sam & Max. Guys, this is really, really awesome. Can't wait!
  • edited July 2008
    fco. wrote: »

Heh, the first thing I did was check to see if it would be in claymation. :p

(I'm a stop-motion junkie, and proud of it :D)
  • edited July 2008
    Once again I'm caught completely by surprise. Oh well, at least this time it's a franchise I've actually heard about. I've never seen much Wallace & Gromit related stuff, but I liked what I have, so I'll be eyeballing this one.
  • edited July 2008
    Hm.

I'm not quite ecstatic yet, to be honest.

But yes, this is definitely not the kind of thing I was expecting(and no, I wasn't expecting a LucasArts adventure franchise!). And wow was it a surprise!

I'm going to, at the very least, give the first game a try. I suppose Telltale is going to do the "Upgrade to the full season after buying one episode" deal they do with Sam and Max? If so, then I'll probably buy the first episode and see if I really enjoy it.

Curse of the Were-Rabbit was fun, and I liked it. But I honestly hadn't seen much of Wallace and Gromit before that, and it's not a franchise that I can't wait to get released, like Sam and Max and Homestar.

*glances up at the cheering masses*

Don't kill me, guys. ;_;
    Actually, same for me.:o
  • edited July 2008
    splash1 wrote: »
    ever sense the 2 games of W.G i have always wanted a new one..and Telltale has made my dream come true....
    *sniff* sorry..i think i have something in my eye :o

Aside from the rampant fanboyism I'm gushing right now, what other W&G games were there? Are you referring to console games?

And I'm copy-pasta-ing right here - first Sam & Max, then Strong Bad, now Wallace and Gromit! I may explode! In fact, *bam* :)
  • edited July 2008
    Tamakun23 wrote: »
    Aside from the rampant fanboyism I'm gushing right now, what other W&G games were there? Are you referring to console games?

There was Project Zoo (I had the PS2 version, not sure if it was on any other consoles), but I can't think for the life of me what the other one was.
  • edited July 2008
    Awe, I was really hoping that you guys would keep this a secret until the panel on Saturday. For the most part, so that I could be one of the few people to say, "I know what the mystery franchise is and you don't," before news hits the Interweb about said franchise. I admit, that would have been rather cruel on my part.

I'm not a big fan of Wallace & Gromit myself, but I'll follow the development, and see how it shapes up. Come to think of it, I'm pretty much programmed to buy anything with the name "Telltale" on it, anyway.
  • edited July 2008
    WOW. This took me by complete surprise. I don't think Wallace & Gromit ever even entered into my head as a possibility. And to top that, I didn't realize that picture was an actual screenshot from the game until someone pointed it out. It looks fabulous! I've been a fan of Wallace & Gromit forever! They will fit perfectly into the episodic adventure game model!

Chicken Run and Flushed Away are awesome too!
  • edited July 2008
    Yeah I've been a wallace & gromit/aardman fan since the beginning.. huge shock telltale is making a wallace & gromit adventure..couldn't be happier :)
  • edited July 2008
    Amazing! I hope there's a Wii release similar to Sam & Max.
  • edited July 2008
    MY god...this is AMAZING. I've been a Wallace & Gromit fan for many many years, so this is outstanding news. Kudos to you, Telltale!

Of course, now I expect Sam, Max, Homestar, Strong Bad, Wallace, Gromit, and the Bone brothers to all be playable in Telltale Texas Hold 'Em 2...

(On a side note, I'm guessing it's safe to assume that Peter Sallis will be reprising his role as Wallace?)
  • edited July 2008
    fco. wrote: »

I second that. You'll see production time quadruple for one episode, but it would be a sweet product in the end.

Not being a huge fan of the W&G series, I wonder what direction they'll take this series. Hopefully it won't end in a *yawn* endless back and forth dialogue sequence switching between medium shots of the characters....

Telltale, are you listening? I don't just want to see animated arms waving around, I want expression!!
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2008
    Telltale, are you listening?

What? :)
  • edited July 2008
    This is sooooooo cool!!!!!!!!!!!!! this is what I alway's dreamed of!!!! I always thought they should have a sam and max style calvin and hobbes, but this is COOLER!!!!! GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.