Announcing Wallace & Gromit's Grand Adventures!

Comments

• edited July 2008
    splash1 wrote: »
    they're not episodic

You're not episodic!

Bone was episodic. But wait, what does that even have to do with anything?
  • edited July 2008
    I was wondering the same thing. I saw "They're not episodic", and checked back to see if your or Thinky's posts had something referring to the game's episodic natures. All I saw was that their episodic nature was the one arbitrary difference between Thinky's list and the games you mentioned.

Well, I mean. Bone was episodic, but I can see how someone might not think so. Seeing as, you know, it has only two episodes which I have yet to buy.
  • edited July 2008
    When does the info come out today then?it must be at 10am the latest:confused:
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2008
    Must it? It's ten minutes 'til 1am in California right now, so it will be a while still, as most of Telltale is probably asleep still (or, like me, on their way to bed). We will be updating with the new info first thing in the morning when people get in, but the exact time we push the update is unknown (and will remain unknown until we post it! sorry!).
  • edited July 2008
    No problem, its just that i live in the UK and i get confused with all the different times in America, so ill have to wait a while then:)
  • edited July 2008
    Im begining to think its not today's monday,but next week...:eek:
  • edited July 2008
    kezao62 wrote: »
    Im begining to think its not today's monday,but next week...:eek:

Did you not just read and reply to what Jake just said?
  • edited July 2008
    xChri5x wrote: »
    Did you not just read and reply to what Jake just said?
    Its just that i dont know wat time it is in his country, and its almost 1 o clock
    now:(
  • edited July 2008
    Its just that i dont know wat time it is in his country, and its almost 1 o clock
    now:(

Here you go kezao, a clock showing Telltale's current time!
  • edited July 2008
    ...and video game programmers aren't early risers so don't hold yer breath :P
  • edited July 2008
    You guys need to have patience. Of course, I've already seen the trailer myself.
  • edited July 2008
    Jake wrote: »
    Must it? It's ten minutes 'til 1am in California right now, so it will be a while still, as most of Telltale is probably asleep still (or, like me, on their way to bed). We will be updating with the new info first thing in the morning when people get in, but the exact time we push the update is unknown (and will remain unknown until we post it! sorry!).

So it's been Tuesday in Australia, for like, an hour and a half now...

(just kidding guys, i'm not really that impatient)
  • edited July 2008
    No problem, its just that i live in the UK and i get confused with all the different times in America, so ill have to wait a while then:)

Subtract 8 hours from your time, and you have our time :)
  • edited July 2008
    Well, it's getting close to 9am on the West Coast. Not too much longer right???:confused:
    edited July 2008
    Hey guys check it out: http://www.ew.com/ew/video/exclusives

permalink in case that one stops working

EW.com has the exclusive for now, but we'll be posting a nice high res version for you later today when the full Grand Adventures site goes up.

edit: Whoops, looks like someone made a typo over there. EW now seems to want you to think they actually have the exclusive on "Wallace & Gromit's Grand Adentures," which I think is a totally separate franchise. Possibly presented by the A denture Company.
  • edited July 2008
    Cool!:) If the game is like the trailer (which it probably is), then this game going to be jumbo-large!
  • edited July 2008
    Nice trailer, guys. I look forward to the high res version - can't get enough of high resolution stuff, me!
    Will you be uploading other stuff to the page, such as an episode title/plot/screenshots?
    edited July 2008
    No episode titles or plot details yet, but there will be some visual and erm textual goodies.
  • edited July 2008
    Oof. My internet is too slow to actually show the video. Does the trailer say if the game is coming to the wii?
  • edited July 2008
    Not at all. No information, no platforms. For all we know, it's only releasing on the Dreamcast with no PC version!

It was just a cute one minute short involving a Wallace invention.
  • edited July 2008
    Looks awesome! I like the 'clay look'.

My prediction: The first episode (or one of the later episodes) is going to revolve around bees! Because, like the Morning Post says: It's bee season again! I can't read the smaller print, so that will have to wait for the high res version.
  • edited July 2008
    Not at all. No information, no platforms. For all we know, it's only releasing on the Dreamcast with no PC version!

It was just a cute one minute short involving a Wallace invention.

Besides, who wants it on WiiWare anyway?
    Oooh, controversial. :D
  • edited July 2008
    nope. Still unknown about the platform, and I doubt that Telltale is gonna reveal it to us anytime soon.
  • edited July 2008
    YAAAAAAYYYYY!! I love Wallace and Gromit!:):D:rolleyes::eek:
    I hope they make this series as fun as the others!
  • edited July 2008
    I couldn't be more happy about this if I tried. Aardman is awesome, and having played through the Sam and Max seasons, I know how sincere Telltale is about sticking close to the roots of the franchises.

Bloody brilliant.
  • edited July 2008
    Well, Wallace & Gromit is pretty much a family friendly thing. Next thing you know, TellTale Games would have to team up with Warner Bros. Games, and Steven Spielberg to work on an Episodic Game Series based on either Animaniacs, Tiny Toon Adventures or Freakazoid.

OH Please that would be amazing, certainly Animaniacs and Freakazoid.
  • edited July 2008
    TELLTALE, YOU ARE MY GODS.

I don't know what to say! First Sam and Max, then Strong Bad, and now this! It's like you know all my favourite things! And if that's the case, please make an episodic series based on Donkey Kong Country next and I will finally be at total, total peace with the world. :D

Can't wait to play it! Also, hoping Peter Sallis will voice Wallace, though I wouldn't mind a change too much.
  • edited July 2008
    Any chance of a Mac version?
  • edited July 2008
    Blany66 wrote: »
    Any chance of a Mac version?

I wish, Telltale actually has a bunch of Mac people, sadly its a small company. Hopefully one day porting through Cider will be easy enough.
  • edited July 2008
    what? if you don't have a PC how did you post that?:confused:

Mac, my good friend.
  • edited July 2008
    Just added the trailer to Digg. Help get the word out to other Wallace and Grommit fans!

http://digg.com/pc_games/Wallace_and_Grommit_Cracking_Adventures_trailer_released
  • edited July 2008
    ig0rpwnwEd wrote: »
    Mac, my good friend.
    Oh geeez - Macs are just another PC nowadays with added vendor-lock in, a proprietary OS and no upgrade paths to speak of.

Ain't life grand?

np: Spooky - New Light (Dub) (Open (Disc 2))
  • edited July 2008
    actually macs always where pcs, even if the term is most commonly used for ms or maybe unix operated machines. regarding the upgradeability, it depends on the model you are using. the notebooks are as easy to upgrade as most other notebooks.
    anyways, i just checked the wallace and gromit trailer and i need to talk about it: at first i wasn't to excited about the game. i mean, i totally like the franchise, but it was never something i thought it needed a game. now, after seeing it, i'm abolutely positive that it will be awesome. most of the time you can't really tell if the characters in the trailer are clay or computer-animated.
  • edited July 2008
    wisp wrote: »
    actually macs always where pcs, even if the term is most commonly used for ms or maybe unix operated machines. regarding the upgradeability, it depends on the model you are using. the notebooks are as easy to upgrade as most other notebooks.
    [OT]It's an IBM PC compatible if it's got an Intel CPU and the usual hardware that comes with that - and the old Macs all had PowerPC CPUs, so good luck running any PC software on them without emulation...[/OT]

(Hey, at least it's not about the release date... :D)

np: Spooky - No Return (Dorset Echo) (Open (Disc 2))
  • edited July 2008
    Great news indeed!

I love Wallace & Gromit series and the recent movie, "Curse of the Were-Rabbit".
    The thing they used clay in the 3D animation days, and the effort they put in doing that was really worth it. I heard the movie took 5 years to be made. Not many movies invest so much passion these days.

Wallace & Gromit are made for both children and adults. They're cartoons and children love them, but they also have very smart stories and intelligent humor, so adults can find them wonderful as well. In fact, you can watch a Wallace & Gromit movie ten times and still find new things in it, and make new correlations.

The guys from Aardman did a wonderful job with these cartoons and I hope Telltale Games will do a quality job as well. They are people with passion for the games they make and I hope they'll work close with Aardman to make sure these adventures can stay next to the animated series.

Alex
  • edited July 2008
    I've lost all control over my bodily functions, but I don't care!!!!!
    What a wonderful surprise!
    All the stuff I love being fondled by the people I love!
    Sam & Max, Strongbad, Wallace & Gromit and you TellTale!

What will they fondle next?
  • edited July 2008
    Leak wrote: »
    [OT]It's an IBM PC compatible if it's got an Intel CPU and the usual hardware that comes with that - and the old Macs all had PowerPC CPUs, so good luck running any PC software on them without emulation...[/OT]

(Hey, at least it's not about the release date... :D)

np: Spooky - No Return (Dorset Echo) (Open (Disc 2))

I think he was referring to the fact PC used to mean Personal Computer and so all personal computers, including macs were called PC's. As the case with a lot of words, the ignorant redefine the meaning, so the current meaning is different.
  • edited July 2008
    that's what i meant, thanks..
    Leak wrote: »
    so, a powerpc is not a pc? also i heard, amd cpus are also "ibm pc compatible"...welcome to wisp's smartass-hour.:D
    Smollie wrote: »
    What will they fondle next?
    well, we should wait how the two new series turn out...and if they sell well, there will probably more seasons. with three ongoing projects telltale should be busy for quite some time.
  • edited July 2008
    Hm. Should be interesting to see how it turns out.
    To be perfectly honest, I was never too big a fan of Wallace & Gromit. I just never got it. However, given the premise, I certainly see how it could translate very well into an adventure game.
  • edited July 2008
    ...I'm speechless.

My sister hasn't played Sam and Max, BONE or Strongbad, but Telltale, if this is for the Wii as well (like Strongbad) you'll lure her away from her BF's PS3 and X-Box 360!

(We both loved W&G since the first Aardman animation YEARS back!)

Honestly, you'll drain our wallets dry, and by pure awesome game design and well-treated I.Ps, not overpricing and overhyping! Talk about a games company first...

Shame not all companies strive to do that.
    (Looking at you Lucasarts. Finished thrashing the deceased equine yet?)
Sign in to comment in this discussion.