Announcing Wallace & Gromit's Grand Adventures!

Comments

• edited July 2008
    Sweetness! This is even more of a suprise than when Bioware announced the Sonic DS RPG! I need to see more of teh game to really know if it's really worth the $10 (but knowing Telltale it probably is), but it looks amazing from the picture on teh first page!
  • edited July 2008
    I checked out some clips on youtube and have to say I have close to no interest in this. This is really disappointing to me after the big buildup you guys had for the third series, but I guess I'm in the minority.
  • edited July 2008
    I love Wallace and Gromit and I though the screenshot was from a still picture! :) Wonderful!
    About expressions, Gromit speaks no words. So he only use expressions to talk! :)
    I love it.
  • edited July 2008
    Jake wrote: »
    Epic jumping to conclusions going on here. I don't think anyone's said anything ever about "Wallace & Gromit go to America" in any shape or form.

More of a little jump to conclusion.

Beside in context with the rest of my post I was just highlighting that W&G is British and any attempt to change that would be a mistake. It wasn't a suggest that you were aiming to transplant our heroes.

Overall though I am still excited that you are doing it and hope that the Aardman people keep you straight on the humour and that you nail the British quirkyness of the characters/settings and humour.

Certainly more excited about this than the Strongbad games.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2008
    For us, the whole point of doing a licensed game is to take all of the things that make a particular license good and interesting, and translating that into an interactive narrative space. We didn't decide to do a Wallace & Gromit game because it was a known name we could turn into a platformer or minigame library or something. The characters and world and stories from the shorts and the film were an extremely appealing well from which we could draw some great games. Obviously its unique (northern) Britishness is a huge chunk of its appeal -- a driving force behind most of the tone and even plots of the stories -- so we would be massively crazy people to want to do anything but get as close to that as we can. Fortunately I think we're up to it :)
  • edited July 2008
    So does this mean we can look forward to the likes of Ay-Up Magazine sneaking in there without Hollywood Execs getting cold feet? ;)
  • edited July 2008
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YES!!!! Original voice acting please! Wallace and Gromit are the greatest cartoon charecters EVER! The animation looks surprisingly accurate to the clay style it used to be in.
  • edited July 2008
    For us, the whole point of doing a licensed game...

Maybe a licensed unlicensed game?
  • NickTTGNickTTG Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2008
    Fooey wrote: »
    i checked out some clips on youtube and have to say i have close to no interest in this. This is really disappointing to me after the big buildup you guys had for the third series, but i guess i'm in the minority.

get out...
  • edited July 2008
    I can't wait for "Wallace and Gromit visit the Statue of Liberty", "Wallace and Gromit Eat Cheeseburgers", and "Wallace and Gromit Declare War on the Middle East".
  • edited July 2008
    Fooey wrote: »
    I checked out some clips on youtube and have to say I have close to no interest in this. This is really disappointing to me after the big buildup you guys had for the third series, but I guess I'm in the minority.

what do you mean youtube videos?
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2008
    I can't wait for "Wallace and Gromit visit the Statue of Liberty", "Wallace and Gromit Eat Cheeseburgers", and "Wallace and Gromit Declare War on the Middle East".

No spoilers please.
  • edited July 2008
    Epic jumping to conclusions going on here. I don't think anyone's said anything ever about "Wallace & Gromit go to America" in any shape or form.
    Well, they went to the moon, so why not send them to America in one of the episodes? :D

Other than that - OMG OMG OMG!!!1!

np: Lisa Stansfield - Time To Make You Mine (In My Dreams Mix) (Auntie Aubrey's Excursions Beyond The Call Of Duty Part 2 (Disc 1))
  • edited July 2008
    Now you just need to make "muppet show" them my life would be perfect
  • edited July 2008
    oh my GOD!!! YES!!!! Is it only gonna be for the pc or will it eventually come out for wii like sam and max?
  • edited July 2008
    splash1 wrote: »
    what do you mean youtube videos?

This is the first time I've ever heard of this, so I watched some clips on youtube. Here are a few:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nH0fjTof8P4&feature=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPc0sE6V9Z0
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d59R7fz2ZzQ&feature=related

Seems targeted to young kids as far as I can tell. Ebert loved their movie though so maybe I'm wrong.

http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20051006/REVIEWS/50929001/1023

I'll still be buying it to support Telltale regardless.
  • edited July 2008
    NickTTG wrote: »
    get out...

You tell him! :D
  • edited July 2008
    I'm not a huge WG fan myself.
  • edited July 2008
    BadStrong wrote: »
    I'm not a huge WG fan myself.
    That's okay, cos I'm not a big lover of Homestar Runner (:
  • edited July 2008
    Catfight!
  • edited July 2008
    Catfight!

I find that insulting.
  • edited July 2008
    Badwolf wrote: »
    That's okay, cos I'm not a big lover of Homestar Runner (:
    Ooooooh. Burn.
  • edited July 2008
    It is very british humour and I'm not sure how well that translates to americans but it should do very well worldwide
  • MelMel
    edited July 2008
    Hero1 wrote: »
    It is very british humour and I'm not sure how well that translates to americans but it should do very well worldwide

I think it'll depend. I love British humour. I've been watching Britcoms on PBS for ages. Americans who are fans of W & G are likely Brit humour fans as well.
  • edited July 2008
    Shmeh wrote: »
    Will this game be written with an American style of humour or British?
    It's going to be written with a Wallace & Gromit style of humor.
  • edited July 2008
    smashing..
  • edited July 2008
    Hero1 wrote: »

Umm... you're aware that not everyone who plays games is American?

Wallace & Gromit rocks, and outside the US they are a much bigger franchise than Strong Bad or Sam & Max - this is the first Telltale series I've actually known about the characters before they announced the games.
  • edited July 2008
    azza29 wrote: »
    Umm... you're aware that not everyone who plays games is American?

Wallace & Gromit rocks, and outside the US they are a much bigger franchise than Strong Bad or Sam & Max - this is the first Telltale series I've actually known about the characters before they announced the games.
    That just means you need to get out more on Teh Internets(TM)... :p

I'm not from the US either, but I've been a fan of all three franchises before Telltale even announced them... :)

np: µ-Ziq - Scaling (Royal Astronomy)
  • edited July 2008
    To be honest, Wallace and Gromit has mainstream success - I'd guarantee that at least in the UK and Australia, the average person in the street will have heard of W&G even if they haven't seen any of the shorts or the movie - whereas Sam and Max and Homestar Runner are much lower profile, and more "cult", if you will.
  • edited July 2008
    Okay. Let me just say. This better be for WiiWare or PS3, since I don't have a PC!
  • edited July 2008
    ig0rpwnwEd wrote: »
    Okay. Let me just say. This better be for WiiWare or PS3, since I don't have a PC!

I wouldn't hold your breath for PS3. This game (as well as Telltale's other games (and most adventure games in general)) are/is Point and Click.
  • edited July 2008
    ig0rpwnwEd wrote: »

what? if you don't have a PC how did you post that?:confused:
  • edited July 2008
    Well, the PS3 *does* have a built-in web browser, Astro. ;-)

And the Wii, it has a web browser available for a good five bucks.
  • edited July 2008
    Sam and Max...
    Strong Bad...
    Wallace and Grommit...
    Together we are....

MAX BAD AND GROM(m)IT!!!
  • edited July 2008
    Thnikkaman wrote: »
    Sam and Max...
    Strong Bad...
    Wallace and Grommit...
    Together we are....

MAX BAD AND GROM(m)IT!!!

What about CSI and Bone?
  • edited July 2008
    xChri5x wrote: »
    What about CSI and Bone?

Max Bad and Gromit and the Case of the Great Cow Race Murder?
  • edited July 2008
    Also known as:

"The Holy jumping mother o' God in a side-car with chocolate jimmies, a lobster bib, and CRAP! Crossover and the Smashing Blackjack Murder Race in Boneville, Grommit!"
  • edited July 2008
    I can't wait!
  • edited July 2008
    Kedri wrote: »
    Max Bad and Gromit and the Case of the Great Cow Race Murder?

That sounds like a god awful Crossover Fan Fic.
  • edited July 2008
    xChri5x wrote: »
    What about CSI and Bone?

they're not episodic
Sign in to comment in this discussion.