General Ramblings Section!

Comments

• edited August 2008
    If you highlighted this to read it, you are wierd!!
  • edited August 2008
    Thnikkaman wrote: »
    If you highlighted this to read it, you are wierd!!

That's the spirit! Flying monkey ninja magicians, assemble! Help Thnikkaman learn to fly!

(Careful, they only learned themselves just recently)
  • edited August 2008
    Telltale will probably set up an independent help board, like they did for Sam & Max. I imagine that it'll go up when the game comes out, seeing as there's no reason for it now.
  • edited August 2008
    TrogLlama wrote: »
    Telltale will probably set up an independent help board, like they did for Sam & Max. I imagine that it'll go up when the game comes out, seeing as there's no reason for it now.

Thank *insert favored religious deity*, I dread message boards about games within at least a month of a release day. GameFAQs and the Twilight Princess GameCube Nightmare (pre-release all the Wii owners begging for help, post-release about 3 mil fake glitches and pointless fake easter eggs because of the almost 2 year delay....). I swear if I hadn't been writing a guide I would have avoided that place like the plague.
  • edited August 2008
    InfamousDS wrote: »
    OH MAH GAWD! I just had a horrific realization.

When the game comes out, this board will actually get worse because of the "I can't do this, can somebody help me so I don't have to waste time thinking?" series of threads, or the "Where is ______, I want the cheatcodes and I've looked [/emphasis for pity]everywhere[/end emphasis for pity] for it (except where it is)." line of threads.

The bad part is that for every 5 of these laziness threads, there is a least 1 who genuinely needs help. Any reactions, or does that not happen here (for those old-school S&M fans who saw these boards right after release)?

There will be a Hints board, just like for Sam & Max and Bones.
  • edited August 2008
    So why were the tags all deleted? I think the random tags were amusing quite a few people and this thread is about random ramblings. People screwing around in this thread keeps the randomness out of other threads.
  • edited August 2008
    Shmeh wrote: »
    So why were the tags all deleted? I think the random tags were amusing quite a few people and this thread is about random ramblings. People screwing around in this thread keeps the randomness out of other threads.

My guess is that it was getting out of control, all of us were making tags because we could and not because we needed tags. Also, I secretly believe that TTG saw the value that this thread could offer. Is it just me or has the random outbursts in other threads decreased?
  • edited August 2008
    Yeah...This thread works...
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2008
    There will definitely be a specific "hints" board, to keep that stuff out of the general SBCG4AP discussion areas.
  • edited August 2008
    The forum administrators missed the mark. This thread needs to be deleted, not just the tags.
  • edited August 2008
    This thread is for random posting, and heck, may evolve into a constuctive thread, with a small bit of random posting.Random posting (in my opinion) helps get rid of frustration, or craziness.So don't close this thread, or people will start the dumb or crazy posts again.
  • edited August 2008
    bigdondoo wrote: »
    The forum administrators missed the mark. This thread needs to be deleted, not just the tags.

Hate to break it to ya, but the simple fact they haven't yet (and have even posted in it now, Thanks Jake) makes you.... wrong. Someguyfromazoo is right, a singular place where all randomness, useless conversation, and questions that do not deserve entire threads is just the therapy this forum needs.

It may be just me and zoo's personal experience, but the random outbursts in real threads with actual topics has went down because people have a place to vent it. If you suggest we do it in RL, well that is a completely different kettle of fish. There are things that can be said on the internet which are funny or relieving, where people only know your personality, that make you crazy or stupid around friends and family. And there are things which are hilarious when spoken aloud, which turn out to just sound idiotic when posted in a forum.

The only way to reproduce the effects of this thread would be if they closed it and then TTG themselves opened a thread where the only rules are the basic forum rules. I think the results would be the same.
  • edited August 2008
    I really can't wait.
  • edited August 2008
    This thread is for random posting, and heck, may evolve into a constuctive thread, with a small bit of random posting.Random posting (in my opinion) helps get rid of frustration, or craziness.So don't close this thread, or people will start the dumb or crazy posts again.

If this is the case, that this thread is for random posting, you must respect my right to randomly post that this thread isn't needed. It's just taking up space. Dumb and crazy posts will continue if this thread is here or not, because that's just what some people do.

Forums are also known as discussion boards, meaning that they should be discussing the topic at hand. This thread has no topic, it is therefore meaningless and has no worth and needs to be deleted.
  • edited August 2008
    Well, let's talk about something.But people could still post random things.
  • edited August 2008
    Cheatburger is an advanced RelDate thread that doesn't actually discuss the release date and will eventually be merged, The fact you pointed out MarkDarin's thread means you lost your real sense of humor years ago and now use a fake one in an attempt to cover that up, and the actual Release date discussion has been random conversation since the beginning.

Your attempt at trying to justify this thread's closure is a failure, now if you would please talk about flying pickles on Jupiter we can get back on creating some semblance of a topic.
  • edited August 2008
    Well, let's talk about something.But people could still post random things.
    I choose to post the latter.

I'm sort of obsessed steampunk. I want to try to encase my computer in bronze and replace the keyboard with old-timey typewriter keys. Also, I need a monocle.

How's that?
  • edited August 2008
    Beware The Forest Mushrooms!They are carriers of Montezuma's Revenge!Also, they are very high in fat!
  • edited August 2008
    Beware The Forest Mushrooms!They are carriers of Montezuma's Revenge!

But placed in the proper potion and thrown in the right volcano, they can create the apex of all magics, Ultima! And who doesn't want that?
  • edited August 2008
    I do!For it can make it so I can beat Air Man!!!1!
  • edited August 2008
    I have good news! We don't need to find a topic because we have had one all along! All this time, and none of us even realized it! Our topic has always been: Nothing! I can't believe we didn't realize that sooner. As long as we talk about not having a topic, we have a topic!
  • edited August 2008
    Cheatburger is an advanced RelDate thread that doesn't actually discuss the release date and will eventually be merged, The fact you pointed out MarkDarin's thread means you lost your real sense of humor years ago and now use a fake one in an attempt to cover that up, and the actual Release date discussion has been random conversation since the beginning.

Your attempt at trying to justify this thread's closure is a failure, now if you would please talk about flying pickles on Jupiter we can get back on creating some semblance of a topic.

Cheatburger started out as a random post, MarkDarin's thread is not funny and the fact that you pointed our that the Release Date threads been random from the beginning is just futher proof (from your own post) that this thread is redundant and not needed. However, with that said...
    ...We don't need to find a topic because we have had one all along! All this time, and none of us even realized it! Our topic has always been: Nothing! I can't believe we didn't realize that sooner. As long as we talk about not having a topic, we have a topic!

You are exactly right! Our discussion about the fact that this thread has no topic has become a topic on it's own right, and actually one of the more well written topics on the forum. By my efforts to plea for the case of the distruction of this thread and your efforts to show it's need, we have created a need for this thread. I am thwarted by my own effort. Drat! :)
  • edited August 2008
    It's kinda poetic, when you think it that way.
  • edited August 2008
    No Marty, the sausage rolls go on the right! The left I tell you!
  • edited August 2008
    SPAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's basicly what this thread is for...I guess that's a good thing.It won't clog the other threads.
  • edited August 2008
    SPAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love taking a can of Spam, cutting it into little patties and making a Spamburger. You've gotta love a "meat" that comes in it's own "jelly"
  • edited August 2008
    The Humpty Dance...is your chance to do the Hump!
  • edited August 2008
    Our topic has always been: Nothing!

hey, they should make a show about nothing!

hmm.. did anyone just hear a slap-bass riff? what's the deal with that?
  • edited August 2008
    nathew wrote: »
    hey, they should make a show about nothing!
    You mean reality shows?
  • edited August 2008
    You mean reality shows?

no, those are always about Z-list celebrities. or whiny people with plastic surgery and orange-looking tans. or poor/handicapped people who get free renovations. or... you get the picture.

and, if i may digress, has anyone noticed that reality shows all use the same sound effects? i'm especially sick of that "creak" sound they play every time they're about to go to commercial.
  • edited August 2008
    nathew wrote: »
    no, those are always about Z-list celebrities. or whiny people with plastic surgery and orange-looking tans. or poor/handicapped people who get free renovations. or... you get the picture.

How about, nothing intelleglience-wise?Sorry about my spelling...-_-
  • edited August 2008
    A real show about nothing would be more like... a guy sitting in a chair in a blank room staring directly into the camera and not saying anything. He might blink a few times, or sigh, or scratch his face. He'd look around. And then the show would be over.

I guess. Unless it's a blank screen, that's the best I can come up with.
  • edited August 2008
    I would prefer the show to just be a picture of a duck. It would be called, "A STILL PICTURE OF A DUCK" so you know what you're getting yourself into.

Roll that for 22 minutes with commercials.
  • edited August 2008
    Or they could just have a film crew in a video game maker's office, after they have finished all the games they plan on making and they come to work just to brainstorm ideas. I think that is the true apex of nothing: Productivity without working.
  • edited August 2008
    Or they could just have a film crew in a video game maker's office, after they have finished all the games they plan on making and they come to work just to brainstorm ideas. I think that is the true apex of nothing: Productivity without working.

That would be a documentary, in a way."Games: Backstage" Wait, that sounds like a totally scripted reality show with video game characters."Next week, Zero Wing decides to start his education!"
  • edited August 2008
    The games will not be free. We have to stay in business somehow. :P

Price will be announced soon. It'll be in line with what we charge for our Sam & Max titles.
    Comment by Emily [Telltale Employee!]

She said that on May 14th, I wonder what happened to soon....
  • edited August 2008
    It just came to me that now that there is a link in Nintendo Channel to the Telltale website, we are gonna have a surge of new people who have no idea what SBCG4AP is and will ask a bunch of "already been asked, we are sick of it" questions. I hope that the people who do come here through that link are at least partially familiar with the game..... for the sake of our sanity....
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2008
    You can direct them, as always, to the FAQ.
  • edited August 2008
    FAQ wrote:
    The five-episode season of SBCG4AP will kick off on WiiWare this June.

Sam & Max will be back in early 2009 with a new season, plus we're bringing their adventures to the Wii this fall. We also have a third (as yet unannounced) episodic series in production. Will wonders never cease?

Might want to update the FAQ before the "surge of new people who have no idea what SBCG4AP is" come a-knocking. ;)
  • edited August 2008
    can some one tell me about why there hasnt been any new videos for strong bad
This discussion has been closed.