Numba 200!! - Discussing SBEmail 200 and surrounding toons

When do you think Email 200 is coming out???????
I say next week, but I doubt it. :mad::mad::mad:

Comments

• edited September 2008
    When Homestar Ruiner released, they got back on track with the weekly updates, but they might be doing something big for e-mail 200.
  • edited September 2008
    They're probably going to stall more and realease a bunch of toons first.
  • edited September 2008
    They still have to make a sequel to email 100.
  • edited September 2008
    That be sweet.Just like the email 100(the this page cannot display one)
    except for email 200
  • edited September 2008
    Link Fixed.
  • edited September 2008
    why does everyone put in the past as an option in the polls
  • edited September 2008
    In case the thread lasts longer than the time it takes to release to 'toon. Then, people can be stupid and vote on the useless poll!
  • edited September 2008
    omg you so stole my poll idea
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited September 2008
  • edited September 2008
    I so saw that coming.
  • edited September 2008
    I DIDN'T! I saw it through the wiki, but it was kind of hyping. It might as well be a 100 Creamy-Ding Snack Cake Victory for the K.O.T, if NONE of those things happen! Of course, That would be unlikely. If you'll need me, I'll be taking a secret elevator. Booooooo... *slowly slinks downscreen until he vanishes offscreen.*
  • edited September 2008
    Well, if the X-and-a-half 'toon is out already, then I'd expect that e-mail 200 will be out in a week or two.
  • edited September 2008
    But they have to work on the sequel to email 100!
  • edited September 2008
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    And one said strong bad wont make it out alive, but that was homestar with candles and a clock that said that.

Yeah, because Homestar is the star of HomestarRunner.com, not Strong Bad! Besides, his reason: It's HomestarRunner.com, NOT StrongBad.com!
  • edited September 2008
    I thought that bit with Homestar was hilarious, especially Strong Sad's comment afterwards.
  • edited September 2008
    Telltale, we know that the Chaps have told you if anything big happens (eg: they'd say if the Lappy was dead). You don't wanna end up like this guy.

hswintl7.png

TELL US!
  • edited September 2008
    Everyone else made a thread about when it comes out; imma make a thread about what it actually will be about. So, place ya bets!

15 says it's a parody of "dragon". Or at least a continuation.

"Dear Strong Bad,
    I still can't draw with such skills of an artist as yourself! Perhaps you could draw for me a cat, garden gnome, or other-type item to help improve my skills.
    Dan, Ohio"

There would be no way it gets anywhere near the popularity Trogdor did, but I think it would be a semi-decent idea for this 'toon (and maybe we get another heavy metal song out of it!).

Crapfully Crap,
    Metalkombat.

I mean,
    Sincerely,
    Metalkombat
  • edited September 2008
    10 says either, A.The Lappy dies or B.Homestar acts like an idiot.
  • edited September 2008
    Strongsadioware has 10 on Lappy death and Homestar doing what he always does! Do I hear 12, maybe 14? Do I have any other takers?
  • edited September 2008
    I bet 150 pizz points that the The Cheat will show up.

HOT action?
    BIIIIG numbas?
  • edited September 2008
    I BET..there will be EVIL, DESTRUCTION, APOCALYPSE, AWESOMENESS, AND EXORCISMS! Or at least making fun of the people who think that in 2012 or so, the world will end, because that's when the Mayan calendar ends.
  • edited September 2008
    15 says it's "tape leg 2" which was actually a flash-forward in the flashbacks from "personal favorites". I'd be dying laughing if that happened.
  • edited September 2008
    I'll put my pretendix on the line and predict that Strong Bad will build ANOTHER alternate universe portal, but this time he puts a Game Boy Advance into the blender, instead of a regular Game Boy, and it takes him to OPPOSITE land... where Homestar Runner answers his fan e-mail at Strongbad.com, Stong Bad wears a funny hat and floats around talking nonsense, and Strong Bad is stupid and dates the only girl, Parzipan.
    edited September 2008
    MaxFan wrote: »
    15 says it's "tape leg 2" which was actually a flash-forward in the flashbacks from "personal favorites". I'd be dying laughing if that happened.

I would love that. I still enjoy Tape Leg. Apparently it's a hated email by self proclaimed "real fans," but they are mistaken.
  • edited September 2008
    I've never understood why "real fans" hated it so much. I'm a real fan and I've been watching the things for years now. I don't think there's EVER been an email that I've hated. Some are funnier than others, but none that are really hate-worthy.
    edited September 2008
    Sometimes people just sort of collectively decide something is lame, even when it isn't. I've heard that the old timey universe is also widely regarded among hardcore fans as "not liked," which also strikes me as weird, as it's some of my favorite stuff. The Ballad of the Sneak is one of my favorite pieces of content on the site.
  • edited September 2008
    Homestar's Candle Dynamite should actually blow up the Lappy. Strong Bad should get a slicker looking laptop with a battery life of more than ten minutes, and one that charges on weekends. P:
  • edited September 2008
    People don't like Old Timey? Seriously?

I don't pay attention to the kind of people that, for example, post on the Homestar Runner wiki forums. So I don't know much about fan trends.

Tape-leg isn't my favorite e-mail, sure. But it makes me smile and chuckle, and that's more than can be asked of something that's been provided free of charge for years now. And the humor didn't rely on in-jokes, running gags, or references. Original humor FTW.

By the way, my favorite e-mail would probably be Technology. And the few bits with the Videlectrix Guys are my favorite pieces of content on the site.
  • edited September 2008
    If the Lappy dies, what amazing feat of technology will Strong Bad bring in next?
  • edited September 2008
    I don't think there can be anything beyond the Lappy. Strong Bad can't handle anything more technologically sophisticated. Plus, any better technology would kind of ruin some of the humor...
  • edited September 2008
    I don't think there can be anything beyond the Lappy. Strong Bad can't handle anything more technologically sophisticated. Plus, any better technology would kind of ruin some of the humor...

I agree. Strong Bad must always have severely outdated technology. Anything better than the Lappy wouldn't be sufficiently outdated for at least another couple of years.
  • edited September 2008
    Ugly Bird wrote: »
    I agree. Strong Bad must always have severely outdated technology. Anything better than the Lappy wouldn't be sufficiently outdated for at least another couple of years.

ancien-imac.jpg
    edited September 2008
    Main22TangerineDreams.PNG

The Cheat has moved on to a flatpanel...
  • edited September 2008
    Actually, there was this old type of computer I used in the early 90's, late 80's... it was called an Apple 2e. I guess it would probably be best compared to the Compy, but it honestly felt like a cross between the Compy and Tandy. And it used the kind of printer that the Original Paper was from.

Probably wouldn't fit, though. It'd be too similar to what we've seen in the past. I suppose Strong Bad could always get himself a Commodore 64. (lol)
    edited September 2008
    "This old type of computer?" :( The Tandy home PCs were built as competitors to the Apple II, which was the first real line of home computers to become remotely popular or successful.
  • edited September 2008
    Actually, I loved my old Apple 2e. I miss it terribly, but it was in truth my uncle's computer and when he packed it up one year he never got around to giving it to me. I've no idea where it is now. I had recently gotten a bunch of old games for it from my junior high teacher since they were all upgrading to the early, early Macintosh computers at the time. It was sad.

And yeah, sorry for my wording, I'm not as familiar with computers as I'd like to be. I generally only know about the ones I have. :/

And for the record, I LOVED my Commodore 64. I was heart-broken when it finally broke down and I couldn't get it fixed or replaced...
  • edited September 2008
    tabacco wrote: »
    ancien-imac.jpg

RANDOMNESS! For the record, I'm using that exact iMac RIGHT NOW! :D (Although it's running on a newer opperating system. Leapord, is it?)
  • edited September 2008
    Jake wrote: »
    Sometimes people just sort of collectively decide something is lame, even when it isn't. I've heard that the old timey universe is also widely regarded among hardcore fans as "not liked," which also strikes me as weird, as it's some of my favorite stuff. The Ballad of the Sneak is one of my favorite pieces of content on the site.
    I haven't seen a lot of the "you're only cool if you like and hate the stuff we like and hate" kind of elitism in the Homestar Runner fandom. At least not in the two years I've been involved in it. It's true that not as many people like the Old-Timey toons as they deserve, but most Homstar Runner fans don't seem to care whether other people like them or not.

The attitude that the site is going downhill because one person didn't enjoy the email under discussion as much as the last one, on the other hand, really gets on my nerves.

It seems like the Lappy won't be going on email 200. I'm basing this on the fact that Strong Bad sad so.
  • edited September 2008
    Shwoo wrote: »
    It seems like the Lappy won't be going on email 200. I'm basing this on the fact that Strong Bad sad so.

Since when?
  • edited September 2008
    I think it would be the ULTIMATE fourth wall break! Or maybe Dangersque!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.