More Walking Dead Interactive Fan-Fic:Humanity or Survival Ep. 6 Ch. 4 (Submissions open)

Comments

• [Save Ellis]

Pipas posted: »

Noo, don't make me choose! I like them both! This is so far the toughest decision. Crap, I don't know. [Save Katherine] Sorry Ellis. (( Shame on you, Domingez, you made me sad.

• Oh shit Imma go with [Save Katherine]

Domingez posted: »

“We have to hurry we still have time to check them thoroughly” says Ellis decisively. “Yeah less talking lets get a move on” says Katheri

• edited July 2014

Oh damn! They should've went with Bradley! They should have made a damn camp! I shouldn't have switched my vote... I... I...

Alt text

Damn it... that is hard. [Save Katherine], because she has Elias to look after.

I'm sorry Ellis.

“We have to hurry we still have time to check them thoroughly” says Ellis decisively. “Yeah less talking lets get a move on” says Katheri

• The next part will conclude episode 2 and reveal Ellis's fate :(

• Louisville

“Take me to her now” says Bradley decisively.

Jarvis nods.

“Hey Kaden, get the girl and kid accomodated, will ya” says Jarvis loudly as he gives a hand gesture towards Kaden.

“Sure thing, lets go” says Kaden firmly.

Rachel glances at Bradley who nods to her positively.

“Follow me” says Jarvis in a rough voice.

5 minutes later

“Go on she’s upstairs, second door on the right” points Jarvis at a apartment building.

“Oh I almost forgot, hand me your gun” says Jarvis as he opens his palm.

“No” says Bradley abruptly.

“It’s only routine I’ll give it back I promise, you didn’t think I’d let in strangers armed, what if you kill her or someone, just trust me” says Jarvis toughly.

“Fine I’m keeping my bullets, though” says Bradley as he reloads his gun.

“That’ll have to do, I’ll wait here go on” smiles Jarvis.

Bradley runs upstairs and approaches the door with a silver plated number 3 above it.
    He decides to straight away open the door instead of knocking.

“Who is it?” a woman says loudly from the other room.

“Katie?” says Bradley in shock as he finally sees his sister.

“My god Bradley, it’s you!” says Katie ecstatically as she runs to hug him.

“I thought you were dead” chokes Katie in joy.

“I could say the same thing about you, but I’m here now” says Bradley softly as he hugs her.

Meanwhile

Adalbert watched as Ellis and Katherine got grabbed by lurkers, he knew that he could save at least one of them, to him it looked like Katherine needed the help more than Ellis, Adalbert rushes to her rescue.

“You stinking piece of shit” shouts Adalbert as he thrusted his katana into the walker that grabbed her by the leg, seconds after he slashes the other one which tried to chew her face off.

“....heavy breathing...god help Ellis” says Katherine weakly.

“Araaaaagh damn you fucker” yells Ellis in agony as the walker bites his forearm.

“NO!” screams Katherine in horror.

“Get away” yells Ellis pushing the walker away, later Adalbert sways and kills the walker.

“Come on man, get in the car” says Adalbert in slight shock

The three rushed to the car and escaped the herd.

“What are we gonna do now?” asks Elias in shock.

“You...you’re going to die Ellis” says Katherine bleakly.

“No....no goddamit I’m not giving up, jezz just give me a minute” says Ellis worriedly as he gazes at his arm.

“We have to cut it of then” says Adalbert decisively.

“No” says Ellis abruptly.

“We have to try, you can’t just die there’s no other way” says Katherine angrily.

“Christ....I..I guess you’re right....what a mess” sighs Ellis as he shutters his eyes.

“I’ll turn here into the woods we have to act quick” says Adalbert toughly.

“Look Kat, if I don’t make it....I want you to know that...uhm...I love you” says Ellis weakly.

“Don’t talk like that you’re going to be fine, I found a medical kit it might just save you from getting an infection” says Katherine desperately.

“Okay, give me that kit, I have to disinfect the sword as much as I can” says Adalbert as he rushes out of the car.

“Fuck this is fucked” says Ellis as he folds his sleeve and places his arm on the back of the vehicle.

“You’re gonna make it” says Katherine slowly, as she kisses him.

“Oh god make this quick man...there’s gonna be a shit load of blood” says Ellis as his eyes widened.

“I will, it’s extremely sharp so it will go right through with one swing” says Adalbert as he takes a rag soaked with alcohol and cleans his katana quickly.

"Hurry" rushes Katherine.

"I'm trying, I can't get all the walker blood off, but maybe it will work" says Adalbert.

“Okay ready?” says Adalbert as he raises the sword.

“No” says Ellis weakly closing his eyes.

“Aaaaaarghfuckaaaaa” screams and yells Ellis in agony.

“Hold still” says Katherine loudly, as she gets the disinfectant.

“......heavy breathing.....aaaaafuck” screams Ellis as Katherine spills disinfectant on his opened wound.

few moments later

“Poor guy is he still alive?” sighs Adalbert.

“He passed out” mutters Katherine bleakly as she looks at her palms covered in blood.

“Which is good then?” says Elias hesitantly.

“I guess, we’ll have to wait and see if he wakes up” says Adalbert in a sad tone.

“He can come back” says Elias sorrowfully.

“Yeah” mumbles Adalbert.

“Hey Katherine you do have your gun right?” asks Adalbert hesitantly.

“Yes....why?” replies Katherine sitting on the ground in shock.

“If Ellis reanimates......sighs.....we're gonna have to...kill him” says Adalbert remorsefully.

“I know” says Katherine as she shutters her eyes.

“You don’t have to do this, I’m here if you need me” says Adalbert compassionately.

“Give me a minute with him” says Katherine sadly.

“Sure, come on Elias lets give them space” says Adalbert as he pats Elias on the shoulder and walks away.

Katherine glances at Ellis who’s laying down peacefully, she walks over to him and strokes his hair covering his forehead.

“I’m sorry....that I didn’t....sometimes treat you well....you were right...we should have went with Bradley....I was too stubborn to trust anyone...I got us into this mess....you gave me a lot of happiness that I never thought I’d have....please....please...wake up.....I love you” chokes Katherine as tears shed over her cheeks.

End of Episode 2

Your Choice’s:

Strategy

Elias sided with Bradley on finding fuel

Brent went to find Troy by the river

Affection

Ellis decided to kiss Katherine.

Liam tried to express his feelings towards Devyn.

Community

Blake and Ian decided to go to Louisville.

Bradley convinced Rachel to join the community and Ellis chose to stay.

Surrender

Blake only gave up his katana and Ian gave up his rifle.

Devyn and Devin decided to hide their weapons.

Saviour

Brent chose to cut Troy’s foot.

Adalbert decided to save Katherine first.

• Alt text

So sad... I hope Ellis will make it. :(

Louisville “Take me to her now” says Bradley decisively. Jarvis nods. “Hey Kaden, get the girl and kid accomodated, will ya” says J

• I don't really know how to feel about this part. On the one hand Ellis is alive, which is good. On the other hand he could still bleed out, which is sad. Then there's the happy reunion between Brad and Katie. And then there's Katherines confession to Ellis...

Well, the only thing I can be sure about is that this is one of the best parts so far.

Louisville “Take me to her now” says Bradley decisively. Jarvis nods. “Hey Kaden, get the girl and kid accomodated, will ya” says J

• edited July 2014

The Walking Dead Episode 3: Reason To Fear Chapter 1: Hunter and Hunted

10 weeks into the ZA

Near Walnut, Illinois

Brent and Willy sit beside a campfire, while Rosemary holds and feeds the baby.

“Try to get some sleep boys” says Rosemary faintly.

“I’m not sleepy nana” says Willy softly.

“Well you better be, we have to get up early and head out” says Rosemary firmly.

“Why can’t we just find a main road and get a car? I mean we have been in these forests and woods for way too long” asks Willy weakly.

“That’s why we gotta keep moving, the quicker we get through this woods the quicker we’ll find a road and maybe a working car to take us closer to Michigan” says Rosemary.

“Brent you okay?” asks Willy sadly.

“I’m just thinking” replies Brent faintly.

“About what?” continues Willy.

“I really thought I could save Troy, now every time I look at his crossbow it reminds me of him” sighs Brent.

“I miss him too” responds Willy.

“We all miss him, now time to sleep I’m taking first watch” says Rosemary heavily.

“Oh okay” Brent and Willy mumble reluctantly as they get in their sleeping bags.

1 hour later

“What is it Brent?” asks Rosemary in concern.

“Nothing I can’t sleep, I just feel so sad about everything it’s all happening too fast” mutters Brent as he rubs his eyes.

“Listen to me Brent, you are one tough kid, you survived a helluva beating that anyone couldn’t have imagined, and you kept trying and believing, don’t lose that” says Rosemary in a wise tone.

“Tough? I’m scared, I always was and I still am, I miss my parents and brothers, It’s just....I sometimes feel alone”

“Of course you’re tough and brave, and there’s nothing wrong in being afraid....never feel alone you have us” smiles Rosemary.

“Maybe I should take watch now” suggest Brent as he glances at the crossbow.

“Yeah I think I sure could use some sleep” yawns Rosemary.

“Umm I...I just need to go pee okay?” asks Brent hesitantly.

“Hehe go I don’t want you to pee here” laughs Rosemary.

7 minutes later

“Hey Brent you out there?” says Rosemary out loud.

“Pisssst Willy” whispers Rosemary to Willy as she takes out her revolver.

“Wha-what” says Willy in a lethargic tone.

“Jezz nana you scared me” startles Willy as he sees her with a gun.

“Be quiet, Brent hasn’t come back yet, I’m going into the woods keep an eye out” whispers Rosemary.

“Alright nana, where did Brent go?” asks Willy innocently.

“Shhhhh” whispers Rosemary as she goes into the woods.

After a moment Willy hears someone talking loudly in the distance.

“Stop moving kid or you’re gonna regret it”

“Where’s your group, where’s that bitch?”

“Hey calm down he’s just a kid”

“Fuck it he ain’t gonna tell us just shoot him”

“Hold it right there, let the boy go you monsters” shouts Rosemary.

Willy quickly gets up, grabs his rifle and walks slowly in the direction his nana went.

“Ha so finally we found you both” says a big chubby man.

“What the fuck are you talking about let us go fuckers” shouts Rosemary as she points her revolver.

“Shut the fuck up bitch” says another guy.

“You might not know us, but your friend screwed with us” says the big man confidently.

“I don’t know what the fuck you’re talking about and I don’t care” says Rosemary angrily.

“Maybe this camo jacket will refreshen your memory” says the man as he throws it.

“Troy?” mutters Rosemary in shock as she sees the jacket.

“Yeah Troy, whatever his name was, he stole our food and supplies!” says the man loudly.

“Well fuck it, we don’t have it” says Rosemary.

“Aoah yeah” says the man as he gives a hand gesture.

A man hits Rosemary in the back with a log, causing her to drop her revolver.

“Haha should’ve shot me when you had the chance bitch, now where’s our stuff?!” shouts the big man.

“.....cough...cough....go fuck yourself....cough....auu” chokes Rosemary as she struggles on the ground.

“Looks like we’re gonna have to handle things differently” says the man coldly as he takes out his gun and points at Brent who is held by one of the men.

“I’m asking you one more time where’s your camp and our fucking supplies granny?” says the man rudely.

Willy had only one bullet in the chamber, he’s hidden behind a tree and sees three men in total, one holding Brent, second behind Rosemary and the third who appears to be the leader pointing his gun at Brent.

Major Choice: Survival

[Distract the scavengers by throwing a rock]

[Run back to camp grab the baby and escape]

[Shoot the man pointing the gun at Brent]

[Shoot the man behind Rosemary]

[Do nothing]

• Aww shit

The Walking Dead Episode 3: Reason To Fear Chapter 1: Hunter and Hunted 10 weeks into the ZA Near Walnut, Illinois Brent and Willy

• [Shoot the man pointing the gun at Brent (me)]

The Walking Dead Episode 3: Reason To Fear Chapter 1: Hunter and Hunted 10 weeks into the ZA Near Walnut, Illinois Brent and Willy

• [Distract the scavengers by throwing a rock]

• Oh deym'.

• edited July 2014

(?) You made a tough choice.

Willy decided to grab a rock and throw it at the scavengers.

“What the hell was that?” startles the man standing behind Rosemary.

Rosemary regained her breath she glances at her revolver laying right in front of her, she saw a chance to take out the leader.

“BAM” - Rosemary shoots him straight in the face.

At the same moment Brent tried to free himself by chewing the scavengers thumb off.

“AAAaaaaa my fucking finger aaaaa get off!” screams the man who held Brent.

“Brent run!” shouts Rosemary, after the man behind her strikes her in the head with the log knocking her unconscious.

Brent and Willy run through the woods trying to get away from the scavengers.

“Come on run as fast as you can Willy” says Brent in horror as they run.

“What about nana?” sobs Willy.

“I’m sorry” sighs Brent.

“We have to go back” chokes Willy.

“They’ll kill us if we do” says Brent.

Willy gradually starts to cry as they run for their lives.

“Okay lets hide here and rest for a second, you have any bullets in that thing?” asks Brent.

“Only one” chokes Willy.

“Where are you stupid kids”

“We can make a deal show yourselves give us the supplies and we will let you go simple as that” shouts the man.

“Give me that rifle” whispers Brent as he grabs it from Willy’s hands.

BAM

“I think I got him, come on lets get away for here” says Brent heavily.

10 minutes later

“Willy talk to me, you okay? maybe we should rest here for a while then head out in the morning” says Brent.

“I’m...okay...just sad” chokes Willy as he misses Rosemary.

“You have that survival knife with you?” whispers Brent as they both sit under a tree.

“Yeah” replies Willy faintly.

“Why do you have blood on your face?” asks Willy weakly.

“Oh it’s nothing I had to break free somehow so...” says Brent as he tries to wipe of the blood from his cheek and chin.

“Do you think we’re safe here?” sighs Willy.

“I don’t know, I think so” replies Brent worriedly.

“Oh no, we left the baby, we have to go back” says Willy abruptly.

“No we can’t, those men probably took it” says Brent harshly.

“We can’t just do nothing” says Willy slightly anxious.

“Willy we have no guns, we’re probably outnumbered by those men, they might have been part of a bigger group” says Brent toughly.

“So what should we do now?” says Willy rejected and sadly.

“Lets just rest here buddy” says Brent in a soft tone.

Morning

“Hey Brent get up” says Willy as he shakes Brent.

“Wh-What’s going on” yawns Brent.

“We have to go, walkers are everywhere, I killed two with my knife, there’s more of them walking around in the woods” says Willy in shock.

“Yeah, come on, run” whispers Brent.

3 minutes later

“Awwwww” shrieks Willy as he fells.

“What’s wrong?” asks Brent in fear as he kneels down to Willy.

“My leg it hurts” aches Willy.

“Shit you might have twisted it or something” mumbles Brent.

“Behind you, here take my knife” says Willy loudly.

Brent takes the knife charges towards the walker, pushes it causing it to fall and plunges his knife into the lurkers skull.

“Brent one more over there!” yells Willy as he crawls.

“Damn” mutters Brent as he runs toward the other walker.

“Aaaaaaa Brent help” screams Willy as a walker grabs his leg.

“I can’t get to you, hang on” says Brent in fear as he finishes of the walker.

Out of nowhere an arrow strikes the walker in the head, Willy crawls away from the walker.
    Willy gazes as a tall man with short blond hair appears in front of him with a TAC-10 Crossbow. He notices another man with a buzz cut hairstyle close to him shooting the walkers around them with a Beretta Medalion.

“You alone kids?” asks the man firmly.

“Y-Yes” stutters Willy.

“Please help us” says Brent innocently.

“You okay to walk” asks the man softly.

“No I think I twisted my leg” chokes Willy.

“Hey John, save the bullets, carry this child and lets go” orders the man.

8 minutes later

They stop to catch some breath.

“Looks like you hurt your leg pretty bad” says the man who’s carrying Willy.

“Yeah it hurts so much” says Willy weakly.

“My name’s John Kozlov and this is Weston Aaronson” says the man with the buzz cut.

“I’m Brent and this is Willy” says Brent weakly.

“You both look like you went through hell” remarks Weston as he reloads his crossbow.

“We have, we got separated from Willy’s grandma” sighs Brent.

“What do you mean by separated?” asks John heavily.

“These men attacked us and we had to run away” says Brent bleakly.

John and Weston glanced at each other for a brief second.

“Were those men looking for anybody?” asks John with his eyes narrowed

Major Choice: Honesty

[They were looking for us, because our friend stole some supplies from them]

[No they weren’t looking for anyone they just attacked us]

[I don’t think so, why?]

• Such shoe pie.

[I don’t think so, why?]

(?) You made a tough choice. Willy decided to grab a rock and throw it at the scavengers. “What the hell was that?” startles the man s

• [They were looking for us, because our friend stole some supplies from them]

Things would be different if Troy would still be around or if they had any part in stealing the supplies, but so far Brent and Willy didn't do anything wrong.

(?) You made a tough choice. Willy decided to grab a rock and throw it at the scavengers. “What the hell was that?” startles the man s

• Brent decided to be honest with John and Weston.

“They were looking for us, because our friend stole some supplies from them” says Brent confidently.

“And what happened to this friend of yours?” asks Weston feeling suspicious.

“He’s dead” says Willy weakly.

“Sorry to hear that, did those men kill him?” continues Weston.

“No he stepped into a bear trap and I had to cut his foot to set him free, we didn’t know that he stole supplies from someone” says Brent bleakly.

“Hmm I don’t like this man” says John worriedly as he glances at Weston.

“Me neither, lets discuss this on the way to the cottage” says Weston decisively.

“We’re telling the truth we swear” says Willy innocently.

“We’ll see kid” says John softly.

“So, how many men attacked you?” asks Weston.

“Three, Willy’s grandma killed one of them, I shot and killed the other” says Brent bleakly.

“So there's still one out there, are you sure they only wanted their supplies back?” asks Weston firmly.

“Yes, will you help us find my nana? she might still be alive” says Willy hopefully.

“The group ain’t gonna be happy about this” mutters Weston.

“Maybe we will kid, it might be dangerous, from what you say one man got away, he could’ve just hunted and killed your nana or he went to warn his group either way it’s not safe here anymore” says John rigidly.

“Please I need to know” says Willy slightly hysterically.

“Look kid you’re in no shape too move now, you’ll have to rest first” says John.

Willy sobs.

“You guys have a group?” asks Brent curiously.

“As matter fact we have, there’s a boy named Austin who’s about your age he has a bit of temper though, three japanese girls and we just met this guy James about a week ago.” says John.

“Why are you telling them all this?” remarks Weston rudely.

“Oh I’m just giving them a heads up, we’re taking them to the cottage anyway so they’ll meet them eventually” smirks John.

“Hmm okay you got that one” smirks Weston.

“Is the cottage far from here?” asks Brent faintly.

“Not far now stay tight” remarks John.

“Walkers, I’ll take care of them” says Weston as he walks ahead of them and aims his crossbow.

The 38 year old strikes two walkers with his crossbow and plunges his survival knife with great finesse into the other two.

“You’re getting good at this” smirks John.

“Yeah well I’ll kick your ass anyday” chuckles Weston as he pulls out an arrow from a walkers head.

“You wish” says the 27 year old.

10 minutes later

They arrive at the cottage. Weston opens the front door.

“Oh good you’re back, who’s this?” a japanese girl asks compassionately.

“We found these two boys out in the woods alone” replies John.

“This is Willy” says John as he places the boy on the couch.

“What happened to him?” asks the girl.

“He twisted his ankle, I think” says John hesitantely.

“You look tough kiddo, I’m Mai” she says and smiles.

“Hi” says Willy softly.

“Where are the others?” asks Weston worriedly.

“Oh Kimiko and Mimi went with James to that homeless shelter to get us some canned food, Austin is asleep in his room, I’m guessing you guys haven’t caught anything” smirks Mai.

“No too many walkers around, we found these boys, they got separated from their group and some bandits are after them” says Weston rigidly.

“That doesn’t sound good, I guess Mimi and Austin aren’t gonna be happy about this” mutters Mai.

“Hello” says Brent shyly.

“Oh almost forgot this is Brent” smiles Weston.

“Hello, you have blood around your mouth sweetie” remarks Mai as she takes out a handkerchief.

“Umm yeah I...I” stutters Brent.

“It’s okay you don’t have to say anything” says Mai in a caring tone.

“Hey Mai, come over to the kitchen” says Weston as he shows a hand gesture to Mai.

“Coming, why don’t you go and sit by your friend Willy” smiles Mai.

Mai and John went to the kitchen to talk to Weston in private.

[Walk over to the kitchen door and try to overhear the conversation]

[Go and talk to Willy]

• [Walk over to the kitchen door and try to overhear the conversation]

Brent decided to be honest with John and Weston. “They were looking for us, because our friend stole some supplies from them” says Brent

• [Go and talk to Willy] He might get caught trying the other option

Brent decided to be honest with John and Weston. “They were looking for us, because our friend stole some supplies from them” says Brent

• Ah deym'.

[Go and talk to Willy]

• Brent decides to overhear the conversation between Mai, John and Weston.

“So do you think they are telling the truth?” asks Weston rigidly.

“I think so, those boys don’t exactly look like the killer or deceitful types, but they went through some tough shit to get here” suggests John toughly.

“Those men that attacked them, do you think they’re the same ones from that camp you’ve escaped?” asks Mai.

“I don’t know that was a while ago, but why would they want to search for me? they already killed everything that ever mattered to me, my wife my kid everything for fuck sake” says John loudly and infuriated.

“Okay okay sorry, so if it’s not them then there’s a new threat lurking these woods” says Mai fearfully.

“She’s right it’s not safe here anymore, maybe when the rest comes back we should reconsider our plan and move into that homeless shelter where we found James.” says Weston decisively.

“Well it is a couple miles further from here and that place actually looks defendable.” agrees John.

“I hope they’ll be back soon” says Mai with concern.

“Hey Brent where are you?” interrupts Willy.

“I’m over here” whispers Brent.

“Why are you whispering? awww my leg hurts” aches Willy.

“I’ve been overhearing their conversation” says Brent as he sits beside Willy.

“What did you hear?” asks Willy curiously.

“I heard that guy John saying something about this camp from which he escaped because someone killed his family, he thinks that those men that attacked us are somehow involved with him.” says Brent.

“Oh that’s sad, do you think they’ll let us stay?” asks Willy calmly.

“Yeah I think they trust us” smiles Brent.

A boy enters the cottage, he’s wearing a long sleeve navy shirt and has a noticeable adidas snapback hat slightly covered in blood.

“Hey guys we’re back.......who the hell are you?!” shouts a 16 year old pointing his pistol at Brent.

“You must be Austin” mutters Brent.

“How the hell do you know my name?!” yells Austin.

“Woah keep it down boy you’ll only attract trouble” says Weston loudly.

“Good that you’re all back” says John gladly.

“Who are these boys?” a japanese girl asks.

“We found them in the woods, the boy standing is Brent and the one on the couch is Willy” smiles Mai

“Hey I’m Mimi and this’s Kimiko and obviously the one with the loud mouth is Austin” smiles Mimi.

“Ha ha very funny” says Austin sarcastically as he hide his gun in his shorts.

“It’s nice to meet you all” says Brent.

“Yeah hi” says Willy awkwardly.

Willy’s eyes pierces at the mysterious girl named Kimiko who didn’t say a word, as she entered the cottage he notices her katana sword covered in blood. Kimiko has long black hair tied up in a tight long ponytail, she’s wearing a cool black jumper and tight leather trousers with matching black combat boots. Willy felt intimidated by her appearance a shiver ran down his spine as she sat in the sofa.

“Where’s James?” asks Mai worriedly.

“He should be on his way, he had to hide some stuff in that shed” says Mimi firmly.

“So do you guys these trust kids, for all we know they could be dangerous” says Mimi.

“Yeah they can’t stay with us” says Austin harshly.

“Calm down son it’s not your call” replies Weston rigidly.

“I ain’t your son and we fucking make decisions as a group” says Austin angrily.

“Lets all just come down, we couldn’t just leave them when they needed our help, and I’ll be damned if I see another child die in front of me” says John loudly.

“We’re not responsible for every fucking survivor out there” says Mimi harshly.

“What if it was you sis, think about it” replies Mai toughly.

“We don’t even have that much food” says Austin.

“Then we’ll find some, they’re staying at that’s that” says John decisively.

“I agree with that” say Mai and Weston.

“Obviously Mimi and Austin are against, hey Kimiko are you gonna say something you have the swing vote here” says John heavily.

“They stay, there’s a safety in numbers and by looking at them they are more than capable of surviving” says Kimiko coldly as she clean her sword.

“It’s settled then” says Weston as he goes back into the kitchen.

“How’s your leg sweetie?” asks Mai compassionately.

“It hurts when I want to move it, please can someone go and search for my grandma” says Willy desperately.

“Don’t worry try to rest” says Mai calmly.

“I don’t want to rest I need to know what happened to her” says Willy trying to get up.

“No just lay down, I’ll go talk with John and Wes” assures Mai.

“Well I ain’t going anywhere, I’m tired” says Mimi harshly as she places her sword on the table and sits down.

“These woods freak the hell out of me, the sooner we leave the better” remarks Austin.

“Yeah well maybe we’ll have to soon” says Mai as she goes into the kitchen.

“Guys Willy wants us to go search for his grandma” says Mai confidently.

“Yeah we know, he was talking about her on the way here” says John as he glances through the window.

“I can go with the other boy” says Weston abruptly.

“Are you nuts? what if those men are still there overlooking the area” says Mai.

“She’s right, it’s too risky” says John with his eyes narrowed.

“Everything’s risky, we’re all living on borrowed time I would’ve died numerous times before I met you guys, I think I’ll manage now and if there’s any chance we find that woman she might be useful to us” says Weston toughly.

“Fine if that’s what you want” says John.

“Should we start moving out?” asks Mai.

“Yeah try to get most of our gear to that shelter and tell James to wait for us there” says Weston decisively.

“Okay will do” replies John.

Weston goes back into the living room.

“Hey Brent, lets go and find Willy’s grandma” says Weston as he pats Willy on the back.

“Thank you Sir” says Willy cheerfully.

“Don’t thank me yet” smiles Weston.

15 minutes later

“So how did you last this long? if you don’t mind me asking” asks Weston calmly.

“I was at school in Iowa when the dead started walking, I....I lost my whole family in those first days” stutters Brent as he closes his eyes.

“I’m sorry I....I shouldn’t have made you answer that” says Weston remorsefully.

“After a while I found Rosemary, Troy and Willy at this cabin, they became my new family, Troy taught me how to use a crossbow and Rosemary taught me how to use a rifle, thanks to them.....I survived this long” sighs Brent.

“Never lose hope is what my old man used say, you had it rough and you got through” smiles Weston.

“Now I have Willy to take care off, he’s like a brother to me.” says Brent softly.

“I know” smiles Weston

“I think we’re not to far now, we just passed the place where we found you both, how long where you guys running?” asks Weston.

“We came from that direction, I guess we should just keeping going and we’ll find our campsite” says Brent confidently.

“Here take this pistol just in case” smirks Weston.

“Okay thank you” responds Brent sincerely.

8 minutes later

“This’s the man I killed yesterday” says Brent with his eyes wide open as he kneels down to the body.

“We’re close now keep your eyes peeled” whispers Weston worriedly.

“That’s our campsite” points Brent.

“Looks quiet” says Weston quietly.

Brent walks over to the place where they made camp the day earlier, he notices that the baby was taken from the carrier all their stuff has been looted.

“Hmm seems like they found what they were looking for” remarks Weston.

“We were held hostage over there” points out Brent as he runs over there.

“Jesus, this looked like mexican standoff” says Weston in horror.

Brent gazes and notices that the guy that was holding him was actually shot dead.

“I didn’t kill this man, but I did bite his finger off” says Brent bleakly.

“Damn that’s.....tough son” says Weston rigidly.

“Oh my god NO NO!” screams Brent as he sees Rosemary tied to a tree, undressed and reanimated.

“Aragahrgahraaaagh” growls Rosemary.

“Jesus Christ don’t look kid, my god who are these sick fucks” says Weston in terror.

“I”m sorry” chokes Brent as he points his gun at Rosemary.

“You don’t have to do it, I’m here give me the gun your hands are shaking” sighs Weston.

BAM

“What am I suppose to tell Willy” sobs Brent.

“The truth that we found her...dead” sighs Weston.

“Everything is messed up” chokes Brent.

“Come on Brent lets just head back” says Weston bleakly.

40 minutes later

“Your back, did you find her?” asks John worriedly.

Weston nods negatively.

“Where’s nana Brent?” asks Willy softly.

“I...I”m sorry Willy we found Rosemary....dead” sighs Brent.

“No...no...that’s not true..” says Willy with his eyes wide open.

“I’m so sorry.....” chokes Brent.

“Hey John, come over here” whispers Weston.

“What is it?” asks John curiously.

“So did you manage to move the things to the shelter?” asks Weston coldly.

“Yeah I did, Mai went with her sisters on a supply run, Austin stayed with James to protect the shelter just incase, and I decided to wait here for you” sighs John.

“Man poor kids” mutters John.

“You think we should rest here for a while or should we just go now?” asks Weston as he sits down and sinks his head into his palms.

[We should rest first, won’t hurt anyone to wait, besides Willy is not fit to travel]

[Yeah, we should just head out as soon as possible]

[Maybe we can split up the group, a few us can stay here and a few at the shelter that way we’re not an easy target]

• [Yeah, we should just head out as soon as possible], it's not safe in this woods

Brent decides to overhear the conversation between Mai, John and Weston. “So do you think they are telling the truth?” asks Weston rigidl

• [Yeah, we should just head out as soon as possible]

Brent decides to overhear the conversation between Mai, John and Weston. “So do you think they are telling the truth?” asks Weston rigidl

• “We can’t risk staying here, we should just head out as soon as possible” says John decisively.

“Yeah, I’ll carry the kid while you get the everything else ready” says Weston faintly.

30 minutes later

“Are we close?” asks Willy weakly.

“About half a mile more” smiles John.

“It’s good to get out of the woods finally” says Brent relieved.

“What not a fan of nature?” smirks Weston.

“I like it, but...we just went through so much hell in those woods....I’m just glad to get away” says Brent.

“So what’s the plan for you two I mean?” asks John.

“I don’t know, we lost everyone we knew and loved” sighs Brent.

“You’re both welcomed to stay with us” smiles Weston.

“Really?” remarks Willy softly.

“Yeah we won’t leave you two behind” smirks John.

“What about the rest of the group?” asks Brent innocently.

“I guess Mimi and Austin won’t be happy at first, give them time, once they get to know you and you get to know them, you’ll see they’re good people” says Weston calmly.

“I hope so” mutters Willy.

“Okay here we are” says John.

Homeless Shelter

“Austin, James you around?!” says Weston loudly.

“Over here down the hall!” shouts James.

“Hey what are you guys doing back here?” asks John surprisingly.

“I figured we should have some bags prepared if we had to make an emergency exit, considering what you said about the bandits lurking in these dense woods.” says James confidently.

“So where’s Austin?” asks Weston.

“He’s in the basement, sorting out how many canned food we have left and all” responds James.

“I reckon we should move in here immediately, that cottage was too much exposed” says John.

“Yeah I thought the same thing, but I thought you guys liked that place having a good vibe” chuckles James.

“I used to be a ranger in a national park, so I loved that place” smiles Weston.

“But it wasn’t safe though” follows up John.

“Oh and we have two new members this’s Willy and Brent” smiles Weston.

“Hey there, I heard about you two, I’m sorry about your friend” says James remorsefully.

“Thanks” says Brent bleakly.

“We should get some dinner ready” remarks Weston.

“You hungry old man” smiles John.

“I ain’t old boy and yeah I could eat a horse” laughs Weston.

“Well we don’t have horse, but we got some carrots in tins, beans, canned ham you name it” chuckles James as he packs a duffel bag.

“Great I’ll make dinner then” smiles Weston.

“Sounds good” says John joyfully.

“Why don’t you go and make Willy at home Wes, while I get to know Brent” smiles James.

“Sure thing” says Weston as he goes to the other room and lays Willy on a leather couch.

Brent gazes at James who stands 6 feet tall, has short black hair and wears a stylish black denim jacket.

“So, you’re from around here Brent” asks James softly.

“Umm I grew up in Iowa, I... I had to move away for obvious reasons” says Brent as he looks down.

“I’m sorry for your loss again, I grew up in a small town in Ohio, but I went off to study engineering in Chicago, right before the apocalypse I was here helping people out in this homeless shelter, kinda ironic when you think of it now” smiles James.

“Yeah considering we’re all homeless now” smirks Brent.

“Did you lose anyone?” asks Brent abruptly.

“I don’t know my parents might be alive or dead, I have no idea” sighs James.

“How do you cope? and what happened to the people here?” asks Brent.

“I don’t have any choice I guess, what happened to the people here pretty much happened to everyone...walkers got them and I was the last man standing.” sighs James.

“Sorry to hear that” says Brent remorsefully.

“Then I met Austin, that kid was weak as hell when I found him, he lost his entire family in the first days, saw many of them die in front of him” says James sorrowfully.

“That’s just sad, I guess that’s why he so angry all the time” says Brent weakly.

“He just doesn’t trust you both, he’s a good kid, very loyal” mutters James.

Meanwhile

“What are you cooking Wes?” asks John curiously.

“Ham, beans and carrots, figured it could be a good combination” smirks Weston.

“Um yeah looks really tasteful” winces John.

“When will we eat?” asks Willy weakly.

“Soon, kiddo the rest should be back, by now those this hurt?” asks John as he touches Willy’s foot.

“Umgh yeah a bit” aches Willy.

“Well I’ll rub it for you a bit, maybe you’ll feel better after a couple of days rest should recover to normal...I think” smiles John.

“Hey Austin you done down there?” says James loudly.

“Coming up in a minute” yells Austin.

“Okay our escape route is ready just in case, smells good in here” smiles James as he enters the room where Willy and John are on the couch and at the far end Weston is cooking.

“Oh its you two again” says Austin rudely as he glances at Brent who’s leaning against a wall and beside him the couch Willy is resting.

“Pipe down Austin” says John harshly.

“Whatever” shrugs Austin as he sits by one of the long tables.

“Why is he so mean?” asks Willy sadly.

“He’s angry because he lost a lot” sighs John.

“I lost everyone too and I’m not mean to anybody” replies Willy.

“Some cope with it differently” sighs John.

“Like you?” says Willy.

“What do you mean like me?” asks John abruptly.

[Brent overheard you say that someone killed your family]

[I heard you talk about someone killing your family]

[You look like you lost someone close]

[Umm I don’t know you seem sad, I thought maybe you lost someone too]

• [You look like you lost someone close]

“We can’t risk staying here, we should just head out as soon as possible” says John decisively. “Yeah, I’ll carry the kid while you get t

“We can’t risk staying here, we should just head out as soon as possible” says John decisively. “Yeah, I’ll carry the kid while you get t

• “You look like you lost someone close” says Willy hesitantly.

“I have, we all lost loved ones” sighs John.

“I’m sorry” says Willy sorrowfully.

“I know kid, me too” says John bleakly.

“Dinner’s almost done” says Weston loudly from the far end of them room.

“Where the hell is Mimi and her sisters” mutters Austin.

“Maybe something happened to them” says Willy faintly.

“I’ll go check out front if they’re anywhere close” says John.

“Hey Willy have you already talked to that guy Austin.” whispers Brent.

“No, have you?” replies Willy.

“Nah, he seems a bit on edge with us, I’ll try to talk to him” says Brent as he walks over to him.

“Better not if he’d want to talk to us he would do it himself” says Willy.

“Now seems like a good time to talk” says Brent.

“Just wait please” says Willy calmly.

“What the fuck were you thinking on going there yourself” yells Mai as she enters the shelter.

“Chill down girls” says John.

“You know what sis, thanks to me I found those supplies and stop complaining I’m not a kid anymore” shouts Mimi.

“It’s still fucking dangerous out there on your own what if a herd passed through you wouldn’t stand a chance with your katana, stay close to me and Kimiko next time” says Mai angrily.

“Yea whatever stay together, don’t go to far, blah blah” says Mimi sarcastically.

“Kimiko little help here” says Mai anxiously.

“It’s good she wants to do things on her own, she’ll learn that way too, but splitting up from us for that long was a bad idea, even dad would’ve given you hell for that” says Kimiko calmly.

“To hell with him he kept us isolated from pretty much everyone just to train us for all this being a warrior bullshit” replies Mai toughly.

“Don’t ever say that about dad, thanks to him we have a chance of protecting ourselves, he would have been proud of us” says Mimi coldly.

“You two just drop it, we’re alive lets just settle in” says Kimiko decisively.

“Jesus you girls are quite feisty” mumbles John.

“Hey girls, what did you find?” asks Weston as he wipes his hands.

“A lot of stuff actually food,clothes,meds everything we could get out hands on” responds Mai

“We looted nearly a whole neighborhood” mutters Mimi.

“Good job” says James impressed, as he sees their backpacks and bags full of supplies.

“Neat, should last us for a while” says John gladly.

“Yeah, but we can’t ignore the bandit situation though” says Weston worriedly.

“We don’t have much choice if we leave this place we’ll have to hit the road” says James.

“But you don’t know what these people are capable off” says Weston anxiously.

“It won’t be easy out on the road” mumbles John.

“Well we’re far from those woods now, you think they’ll still keeping looking for these kids?” says James heavily.

“Anything’s possible” mutters John.

“You guys are not serious considering staying?” asks Mai in shock.

“We have everything here this place is pretty defendable” says James.

“We’ll have to go eventually either way, and if those men stubble upon this place....hell I don’t want to think about it” says Weston in concern.

[Side with Weston on leaving after dinner]

[Side with James on sticking around and defend the place if necessary]

[Side with Mai on leaving in a few days]

• edited July 2014

Just drove by the Cedar Rapids area. I could imagine the first part in my head. :D

• [Side with Weston on leaving after dinner]

“You look like you lost someone close” says Willy hesitantly. “I have, we all lost loved ones” sighs John. “I’m sorry” says Willy sorr

“You look like you lost someone close” says Willy hesitantly. “I have, we all lost loved ones” sighs John. “I’m sorry” says Willy sorr

Sign in to comment in this discussion.