More Walking Dead Interactive Fan-Fic:Humanity or Survival Ep. 6 Ch. 4 (Submissions open)

Comments

• [Follow the path]

Domingez posted: »

The Walking Dead Episode 3: Reason To Fear Chapter 3: Allies or Enemies Elias runs through a pleasantly silent woods, apart from the wal

• [Follow the path]

The Walking Dead Episode 3: Reason To Fear Chapter 3: Allies or Enemies Elias runs through a pleasantly silent woods, apart from the wal

• [Follow the path]

• Elias had to follow the path and reveal what lied ahead, he prepares his bow and moves slowly down, reaching an old abandoned road the tracks seem to fade, in the distance a voice of an engine was heard, it was an old rusty truck, by the front bumper a man sat lifeless. Elias notices the small revolver laying down beside his left hand, this man committed suicide he sighed. Elias puts away his bow and wields his knife for better and efficient attacking as he checks the vehicle. A woman lied in the passengers seat shot cleanly through the temple of her head. No living person was inside, the back was filled with some boxes containing clothes, family albums and most important food which he grabbed and filled his backpack. Was this family bitten? or did they just give up? Elias thought of the moment he got separated from his family back in Atlanta, he examined one of the family photos it appears that the man and woman had a daughter, the girl was holding a trophy of some sort maybe she won something, Elias smiled. The engine might attract walkers, he snapped out quickly and turns it off, a peaceful silence covers the surroundings, apart from the cricket noise coming from the woods. Elias tidies a bit his messy and greasy black hair, he goes around the back of the vehicle and sees a girl lying down on the ground with her arms eagle spread. She reminded him of his sister, her height, face, hair color it looked like she was the one bitten and the father and mother couldn’t live without her, who could blame them, he thought.
    He reluctantly and sluggishly moves on to the other side of the road, hoping to find those footprints again, luckily he did and followed just like he planned, it led him to a campsite he saw a chubby man in a dirty green vest and black trousers, Elias watches from behind a bush as the man checks his revolver and then tucks it behind his back, after that he grabbed a blooded golf club practiced a few swings imagining how it would crack a walker’s skull or human. Elias was unsure whether to turn back or reveal himself to this stranger the footprints showed that two people at least travelled together, where was the other person? maybe the footprints aren’t related to this man?

[Reveal himself to the stranger]

[Turn and head back to Katherine and Adalbert]

Meanwhile

“Any progress with Ellis?” asks Adalbert calmly.

“He’s still weak, he lost a lot of blood, but he’s still breathing, resting I think” replies Katherine bleakly.

“I’m sorry, I don’t know how to break this to you, but if he doesn’t wake up soon, we’re gonna have to leave soon we can’t stay here for long, you know” says Adalbert reluctantly.

“You don’t have to spell that out to me, I get it, I’m not stupid and I know you never goddamn liked us anyway” says Katherine harshly with her brown eyes filled with despair and anger.

“How was I suppose to like you folks when you never gave me a fucking chance to prove myself? you treated me like some sort of prisoner, why put up with a burden like that anyway” mumbles Adalbert anxiously.

Katherine sits down on the grass with her knees bent, she gazes up at the truck where Ellis lies tranquilly, trying to ignore answering or talking to Adalbert.

“Fine, I’m gonna go check that station we passed about two miles back” grunts Adalbert walking away.

Adalbert moves calmly without any rush and thinks about how on earth he got here, from being betrayed and marked as food by his former group, he thought that he’d never escape the horror. He then reminded himself of what happened before he met that savage group of men he once called them friends, the night he truly became and felt totally forsaken in this world. Losing his father to the dead, being separated from his girlfriend, the first weeks of searching for her had become painful, too painful, fighting with his thoughts whether or not should he let go and move on? that happened when he finally decided to burn the only thing he had of her was a photo of them two sitting cheerfully in their newly bought apartment not long before hell hit everything around them. No one believed him, not even Rachel who was with him in the same group, maybe he didn’t deserved to be trusted for being such a fool and naive, he thought. There’s no point on dwelling about the past when time goes bye, him and the rest of the group will face more graver threats, when supplies become scarce the worst will eventually come out. A group of lurkers were wondering about in front of him, Adalbert emotionlessly slays all the walker heads neutralizing the enemy. He muttered how an extremely sharp katana can become a better weapon than any handgun or machine gun when it comes to efficiency and not having the nuisance of reloading your weapon every time.
    The abandoned gas station looked like a god forsaken place, a few bodies lying around turned and unturned, he enters and finds a dollar bill.

“Hmm and to think of it that people use to use a piece of fancy paper or metal to buy stuff” chuckled faintly Adalbert.

The fridge was filled with fizzy drinks, it was a long time since he drank one of those, it’s best to get as many as he could carry, but before that it was time to enjoy a drink of Pepsi.
    Adalbert also managed to squeeze in many packs of beef jerky and chips, this should get them going for a bit. The navy letterman bag was stuffed with supplies, he places it over his shoulder and rested the heavy content on his back, it was time to get back.

Meanwhile

Katherine sat down moveless and emotionless, dwelling on how everything could’ve went differently if she had listened to Brad and not split the group up. Wonder where was he now? if he was alive and well? or maybe the community was a fluke and those men got him, Rachel and little Nicholas killed. Her stubbornness had got the best of her this time she thought angrily, Elias was gone for a while now but she didn’t worry, she didn’t feel anything or any need to worry, life is truly messed up and no one knows how long can anyone last in a world like this, everything happening is like a prolonged present postponing the inevitable end to life.

Ellis starts coughing and spitting seliva. Katherine rushes like thunder to check on him.

“Ugh...Katherine you okay....where am...I” mutters Ellis lethargically.

“It’s okay I’m here, breath slowly” says Katherine worriedly as she keeps her hand on his forehead.

“It fucking hurts” agonizes Ellis.

“We had to do it, you were bit” stutters Katherine emotionally as she watches his round eyes heavy and purple due to blood loss.

“Yeah I know.....good that it was my left hand though” says Ellis weakly.

“Try to rest” says Katherine as she looks at Ellis’s snowy pale face.

“Is Elias okay?” asks Ellis with his eyes closing.

“He’s fine don’t worry” reassures Katherine.

“We have to go, it’s not safe” mumbles Ellis as he tries to sit up.

“No just rest, we’re safe here” says Katherine softly pushing him gently back.

“Here drink this” orders Katherine as she opens a bottle of water.

“Thanks” says Ellis gladly.

“Adalbert will be here soon maybe he found some supplies, you lay back” says Katherine as she stands up.

“Yeah at least I feel better now.....aw the headache...good that I didn’t lose a whole arm only a bit above the wrist....jesus what did I get myself into” mutters Ellis disorientated.

“You looked dead awhile back I thought I lost you” says Katherine bleakly as she sits behind the truck with her back to Ellis.

“I was dreaming of something, you,me Elias we were somewhere peaceful and happy, Bradley appeared later very optimistic which he usually isn’t, no danger could reach us, then I felt pain everywhere in my body as if something was stinging me constantly.....then I woke up” sighs Ellis weakly.

“You’re alive and that’s most important darling” smiles Katherine.

“Anyone ordered a can of fanta, coke or pepsi?” interrupts cheerfully Adalbert.

“You look like you hit a gold mine whatcha have in there?” asks Katherine optimistically.

“Oh mostly drinks, but I also got beef jerky and chips if you fancy, I see Ellis is back to life with us” smiles Adalbert warmly.

“Thank god” says Katherine happily.

“Maybe one of us should go and look for Elias he has been gone for long?” asks Adalbert with concern.

“That poor kid I never should’ve let him go anywhere alone, he might be hurt or something” sighs Katherine.

[Katherine should go and search for Elias]

[Adalbert should go and search for Elias]

[Stay and wait for him to come back]

• [Turn and head back]

I feel like it's safest this way.

Elias had to follow the path and reveal what lied ahead, he prepares his bow and moves slowly down, reaching an old abandoned road the track

• [Turn and head back to Katherine and Adalbert.]

[Adalbert should go and search for Elias.]

Elias had to follow the path and reveal what lied ahead, he prepares his bow and moves slowly down, reaching an old abandoned road the track

• ElliasEllias Banned

who is looking for me I am here bs

[Turn and head back to Katherine and Adalbert.] [Adalbert should go and search for Elias.]

• [Turn and head back to Katherine and Adalbert]

[Adalbert should go and search for Elias], so that Katherine can stay with Ellis for a while

[Adalbert should go and search for Elias.]

• By observing the mans movements and behavior felt quite intimidating for Elias, it was better to head back. He slowly retreats back to the road and then into the woods. Later he gazes ahead and sees the walkers that were onto him a while ago, after a split second a woman appears and attacks one of the lurkers with a knife, she had to take two stabbings until she ended the rotter, she sidekicks the next monster causing it to fall to the ground.

“Christ wait for me I’ll help you” a voice came from the right side of the woman.

Another girl jumped and ran to her aid. She too was equipped with a knife, plunging her sharp weapon into a lurkers temple.

“Why do you always go alone? why didn’t you wait for me?” says the girl loudly.

“I handled it, I didn’t need your help” says the other woman harshly.

“Well what if you did need my help Amanda then what?” asks the girl anxiously pulling out her knife from the walkers head.

“Then I would call you, just drop it Charlie will ya” replies Amanda leaning beside a tree trying to catch her breath.

Charlie shook her head negatively as she hid her knife.

“Wonder if the old man is ready to move out, we have get to our new spot” says Amanda weakly.

“He better be, we can’t stay in these woods forever, and I hate having bugs in my hair everyday” smirks Charlie as she ties her long brown hair into a ponytail.

Elias moves closer to listen the two women talk, he stays hidden behind a tree.

“You always have bugs in your hair, because your hair is too long, you should cut it short” smiles Amanda sarcastically.

“I like my hair this way” says Charlie playfully.

“The walkers do too” replies Amanda abruptly.

“Hey kid, stand up and turn around slowly, no sudden moves or you’re dead understand?” a voice behind Elias grunts slowly.

Elias stands up from behind the tree and turns around and the man from the campsite stood before him with his small revolver pointing at his head.

“Put the bow down” orders the man stoically.

“Are you going to kill me?” asks Elias weakly full of fear.

“That depends” replies the man shortly.

They look at each other for a brief second in silence, the mans chubby face showed no emotions or anger, his dark eyes looked intimidating to Elias.

“Girls, over hear” calls the man out.

“You alone kid, don’t lie to me, I’ll notice?” asks the man calmly.

“What the hell” remarks Charlie in slight shock.

“Found this kid, he was spying on you two” says the man sharply.

“Put the gun down, can’t you see he’s scared” says Amanda firmly as she reaches her hand out towards the gun for him to lower it.

“Don’t be afraid we’re not going to hurt you, are you alone?” says Amanda as her sweat green eyes look down at Elias.

“Uhm...no my friends are waiting for me, I have to get back they might be worried, please let me go” says Elias faintly as he looks down.

“Your not going anywhere kid” says the man ragingly.

“Calm down Lars, or you’ll only hurt yourself” responds Charlie cautiously.

“Shut up, this kid could be trained to scout for a group of killers for all we know” says Lars harshly.

“He looks genuinely scared to me” says Charlie softly.

“O course you think he’s scared, because that’s what he wants you to think, that’s the only way he’ll get our guard down” shouts Lars in hoarse and heavy voice.

Amanda looks down at Elias’s bow and pick it up.

“You know how to use one of these” asks Amanda curiously.

“Yes” replies Elias hesitantly.

“How old are you?” asks Charlie softly.

“15” answers Elias shortly.

“Hmm....you don’t look or act like a tough guy” remarks Amanda thoughtfully.

“We got to go girls, we don’t have time for this we either kill him here or meet up with this so called group of his” says Lars un-committed as he looks down at Elias with his eyes pierced.

“Where is your name kid?” asks Amanda firmly.

“Elias” he replies in a serene voice.

“Pretty name” smiles Charlie.

“Okay, where is your group Elias? continues Amanda decisively.

“Not far through the woods, we’re close to a gas station.” says Elias bleakly.

“You girls stay behind me, I’ll approach them first with the kid, I’ll signal you to come over if it’s safe” says Lars rigidly.

“Fine, works for me” replies Amanda shortly.

Meanwhile

“You two stay put, I’ll go look for him” says Adalbert calmly.

“You sure?” asks Katherine weakly.

“Yeah, which way did he go?” winces Adalbert with confusion.

“He went into the woods over there, I think that’s east” says Katherine thoughtfully.

“Right, I’ll try to be back soon” says Adalbert as he urgently rushes.

“How you feeling?” Katherine turns towards Ellis again.

“Better hon, I have to try and move I don’t want to be a burden for you all” sighs Ellis as he looks up at the clear ocean blue sky.

“You’re not a burden, stop saying that fool” says Katherine shortly.

“Adalbert seems to be getting around from the moment we met him” says Ellis weakly.

“I guess, we got to start trusting each other if we want to make it” sighs Katherine as she sinks her head into her sweaty palms.

“It’ll be alright, no matter what we just have to keep on living” says Ellis mildly.

“Easy to say” says Katherine faintly.

“We can’t afford to get emotional anymore” sighs Ellis bleakly.

“We’re only human Ellis, not everyone can keep going when they lose everything.” responds Katherine rigidly.

20 minutes later

“Jesus kid, how much further?” gasps Lars.

“We’re close, that’s our truck over there” points Elias as he walks calmly out of the woods.

“Okay, come here” mutters gravelly Lars as he grabs Elias’s shoulder with one hand and takes out his revolver with the other.

“Psst Amanda stay back, I’ll handle this” whispers Lars urgently.

“Call them out” whispers Lars with authority in his voice.

“Katherine, Adalbert I’m back!” says Elias loudly and awkwardly.

Katherine leaps off the back of the truck, walks to the front of the vehicle and is shocked to see Elias held at gun point.

“Who are you? let him go asshole” shouts Katherine as she raises her gun.

“Drop the gun or I’ll put a bullet into the kids head” says Lars unemotionally.

“No” says Katherine sharply.

Lars cocks his revolver.

“I’m serious put the gun down and we’ll talk” says Lars carefully.

“Katherine put your gun down goddamit” shouts Ellis abruptly.

“Who the hell’s that?” says Lars loudly, pointing his gun now up slightly towards Ellis above Elias’s head.

Katherine for a split second has an opportunity to shot this stranger in the shoulder disarming him or she could as well straight away kill him by a blow to the head.

[Shoot him in the shoulder]

[Shoot him in the head]

[Surrender - put the gun down]

• [Shoot him in the head]

No jerk threatens Elias and Ellis and gets away with it! Maybe shooting him in the shoulder isn't enough to make him drop his gun, there was a similar situation with Carver in the game. And if they surrender, Lars will probably take their supplies, which would make Ellis situation even worse.

By observing the mans movements and behavior felt quite intimidating for Elias, it was better to head back. He slowly retreats back to the r

By observing the mans movements and behavior felt quite intimidating for Elias, it was better to head back. He slowly retreats back to the r

• Plez'.

[Surrender - put the gun down]

• [Surrender - put the gun down] Oh no.

• [Surrender - put the gun down]

• Tight voting, thank you to all for taking part, only one more is needed to decide the outcome :D

• Shoot him in the head.

• (?) Katherine made a difficult choice

Katherine saw an opening and without hesitation shots the stranger straight in the forehead.

BAM

Elias flickers while Lars Gaffner’s body fell instantly backwards, his lifeless left hand letting Elias free.

“Jesus Christ, Katherine” yells Ellis with his pale face filled with horror and disbelief.

Katherine slowly lowers her pistol emotionlessly not regretting her decision as she looks at Elias who’s slightly shaking and watches Katherine with his eyes innocently wide apart.

“He threatened us and Elias, there was not other choice” says Katherine in a mild tone.

“Fuck you don’t know that, awgh....he just looked scared” says Ellis softly as he aches and sits up.

“Scared? he was dead serious from my point of view” says Katherine rigidly and slightly sarcastically.

“How did you find this man Elias? was he a bad guy?” aches Ellis.

“I...I don’t know” sighs Elias still slightly in shock.
    Amanda and Charlie stayed hidden in the woods while they watched the whole incident.

“Shit they fucking killed Lars” says Amanda with shock in her tone.

“I knew he was gonna get himself killed one day” says Charlie firmly.

“She opened fire on him, these people are bad after all” says Amanda anxiously.

“What would you have done? he handled it badly, it’s his fault. He was always an aggressive asshole” says Charlie as a matter of fact.

“How can you say that, after all he done for us?” whispers Amanda angrily.

“He did help us when we needed him, but on the way he made a lot of bad calls” replies Charlie softly.

“We have no guns, we’re screwed” sighs Amanda.

“Well I’m going to them with my hands up” says Charlie decisively.

“Are you out of your mind? they’ll kill you, just wait would ya” says Amanda worriedly as she slightly grabs Charlie’s shoulder.

“Listen Katherine you can’t go on and shooting every scavenger we come upon, we need to start communicating” says Ellis weakly as he sluggishly walks to Katherine.

“Oh really your lecturing me now on how to run things? you want us to surrender are weapons every time someone orders us to, fuck that” says Katherine angrily and loud.

“Please don’t argue, I think he wasn’t a bad guy” says Elias loudly and compassionately.

“Darling I’m....I wasn’t lecturing or anything I just wanted you to sometimes listen to me that’s all, I shouted for you to drop the gun but you opened fire instead......eh no point dwelling on it, it happened, lets just...move on” says Ellis weakly.

“Don’t shoot I’m unarmed, I am or was with this man” says Charlie firmly with her hands up.

Katherine wields her gun instantly as she heard her coming.

“Stop right there!” orders Katherine harshly

“I understand why you shot him, he appeared dangerous I get it, I never liked his approach to strangers, he did the same with Elias when he found him in the woods, it’s....please just lower your gun I have nothing but this blooded knife” says Charlie smoothly as she throws her weapon in front of them.

Katherine winces and contemplates in her mind whether this isn’t some sort of trap while still pointing the gun.
    Ellis reaches out with his remaining hand and gently touches and lowers Katherine’s pistol.

“It’s okay hon” whispers Ellis.

“Elias go frisk her, see if she’s telling the truth” says Katherine with authority in her voice.

“O-Okay” stutters Elias.

“She’s clean” mutters Elias softly.

“Hmm alright, so who are you?” asks Katherine reluctantly as she hides her gun in her sheath.

“I’m Charlie the man you just killed was Lars Gaffner, I have another friend in the woods she’s afraid to come out right now” replies Charlie confidently.

“We won’t hurt you Charlie” says Ellis with warm eyes.

“Call your friend out now” says Katherine heavily.

“Okay, Amanda it’s safe come out” yells Charlie softly.

“So, how did you manage to survive?” asks Katherine uncommitted.

“I’m just another survivor just like you two, I was in a shopping mall with my brother in Atlanta when it all started” responds Charlie calmly.

“Where’s your brother then?” asks Ellis abruptly.

Charlie’s face saddens.

“It’s okay sorry I asked” replies Ellis compassionately.

“So who are these people Charlie?” asks Amanda as she approaches the group with her arms folded.

“Just chill down Amanda, this’s Ellis and Katherine they’re friendly” replies Charlie warmly.

“They weren’t too friendly to Lars were they” remarks Amanda sarcastically.

“Look sorry I killed your friend or whoever he was, I thought he was gonna kill Elias and then us and take our supplies” says Katherine toughly.

“Well I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt, since Lars tended to be quite a loose cannon sometimes” responds Amanda reluctantly.

“So how did you guys made it this far?” asks Charlie curiously and optimistically.

Katherine and Ellis glance at each other for a brief second.

“That’s kinda of a long story, recently Ellis got bit and we had to cut his hand off” says Katherine bleakly.

“Shit did it work? how are feeling?” asks Charlie softly and in slight shock.

“I feel dizzy sometimes, but yeah It’s getting there” says Ellis weakly as he gazes at his missing hand.

“You were lucky that you could cut it off with a chance of survival” sighs Amanda.

“I wasn’t lucky I got bit after all” smirks Ellis.

“What’s wrong did I say something” says Ellis urgently as he sees Amanda’s face filled with lament and sadness.

“No it’s....it’s just my father was bitten too....in the stomach...there was no option of cutting it out obviously” says Amanda sadly as she turns her back to them hiding her tears.

“I’m sorry” sighs Ellis.

Charlie comforts and hugs Amanda.

“When Adalbert gets back we should start considering our plan” says Katherine stiffly.

“What do you purpose?” says Ellis in slight pain.

“We found a motel and restaurant not far from here, we were suppose to head there today and rest for a while” says Charlie confidently.

“Is it safe?” asks Katherine emotionlessly.

“Lars cleared most of the place from walkers, he said that it was quite a cosy place” smiles Charlie.

“Hmm...that seems a good place to stay the night” says Ellis thoughtfully.

“Maybe we should check out that community where Brad went” contemplates Katherine.

“Now you want to go there? it’s gonna get dark soon and besides we don’t have enough gas to get there” says Ellis loudly.

“We can always find gas, they might have medical supplies that could help you” says Katherine anxiously.

“I’m fine, we have to find shelter for the night first tomorrow will discuss our plan” aches Ellis.

“I agree with Ellis we can’t stay out in the open, who knows what’s in those woods” responds Charlie with concern.

“What is this ‘community’ you’re talking about?” asks Amanda suspiciously.

“We met a bunch of guys who claimed that there was a community filled with good people and supplies, a couple of our members went with them” replies Katherine certainly.

“So why didn’t you go with them?” follows up Amanda looking slightly confused.

“We didn’t trust them” says Katherine shortly.

“And now you do? where’s this place?” asks Amanda rigidly.

“We don’t have much choice do we. Louisville, I think it’s about an hours drive more or less “ replies Katherine anxiously.

“We do have a choice, hell I think we should go to that place, we’re screwed out here anyway might as well risk it” says Amanda decisively.

“What do you think Elias? you seem awfully quiet you okay kiddo?” asks Ellis optimistically.

[Side with Amanda and Katherine on traveling to the community tonight]

[Side with Ellis and Charlie on staying the night at the motel]
  • God damnit, Lars.

(?) Katherine made a difficult choice Katherine saw an opening and without hesitation shots the stranger straight in the forehead.

• [Side with Ellis and Charlie on staying the night at the motel]

(?) Katherine made a difficult choice Katherine saw an opening and without hesitation shots the stranger straight in the forehead.

• Now I actually feel bad for voting to shoot Lars. Seems like he wasn't all that bad after all...

• [Side with Ellis and Charlie.]

• [side with Ellis and Charlie!]
    Btw this is really good!
  • [Side with Ellis and Charlie on staying the night at the motel]

• Glad you like it ;D

[side with Ellis and Charlie!] Btw this is really good!

• “I’m okay, I think we should just rest first, we’re all tired aren’t we?” asks Elias warmly.

“Hell I agree with you kid could use some of those comfy beds” chuckles shortly Ellis.

“I can get behind that” nods Charlie.

“If you’re all serious on resting then okay lets rest, but before that we should bury Lars it’s the least we can do” says Amanda calmly.

“I’ll take his stuff, you know somethings might come in handy, like his revolver for instance” says Charlie hesitantly.

“I guess it won’t make much difference to him now” sighs Amanda

20 minutes later

“Poor guy” sighs Amanda as she stands above Lars’s grave.

“He wasn’t a bad guy for this short time we known him for, but he did ran a crime syndicate before all shit hit the fan” says Charlie thoughtfully.

“Well sometimes it doesn’t matter who we were before” say Amanda harshly.

“Of course it matters it defines who we really are” says Charlie warmly.

“Killing changes you, if what you say is true then Lars has killed many people before all this” says Katherine abruptly.

“No point talking about the guy is dead, nothing matters anymore” sighs Ellis.

Adalbert runs out from the woods.

“Guys I couldn’t find the kid but there’s....who are these people?” asks Adalbert trying to catch his breath.

“This’s Charlie and Amanda they’re uhm joining us” says Ellis hesitantly.

“Welcome....I’m Adalbert nice to meet ya both” smiles and nods Adalbert.

“You were trying to say something, what was it?” asks Katherine sharply.

“Wh-What oh yeah, I stubbled upon a lot of walkers in the woods, had to diverge them away from this road for us to be safe” replies Adalbert in a serious tone.

“Good job man” says Ellis quietly.

“We should get going” says Katherine sharply.

“Anyone mind catching me up, what’s the plan?” smirks Adalbert.

“Charlie and Amanda claim that there’s a motel not far from here, we’re gonna stay the night there and in the morning we’ll figure a plan out” replies Katherine firmly.

“Sounds neat to me, I’ll get our things” says Adalbert shortly.

The group moves south, with Amanda and Charlie leading the way to the motel.
    They arrive at scene. Outside the motel and restaurant only a few walkers were moaning about easy to dispose off

“Awww agh..has any of you checked the restaurant for food? aches Ellis.

“Yeah Lars mentioned that it was picked clean, but what an irony a restaurant without food” says Charlie trying to ease the mood.

“Well it won’t hurt anyone to check it again” says Katherine rigidly as she folds up her black undershirt sleeves and reaches for her machete strapped to her back.

“I think I won’t too much help with this axe, I should have a gun” says Ellis confidently.

“I’ll take the axe, here take the revolver” says Amanda as they exchange weapons.

“I’ll stay back with Ellis, in case he might be in trouble” says Elias hesitantly.

“Heh, I got the more powerful weapon her kid I can take care of myself” smiles Ellis warmly.

“Two and two, me and Katherine will check the restaurant, you and Amanda should have a look if the rooms are safe” says Adalbert affirmatively to Charlie.

“All of you be careful” says Charlie warmly with concern in her voice.

“Looks like Lars won’t be needing this either” mumbles Charlie as she picks up his golf club.

“Seems strong enough to crack a few skulls” smirks Amanda.

“Lets do this” says Katherine shortly.

Amanda and Charlie enter the restaurant, the air was quite damp and quiet apart from a visible walker standing growling to himself.

“Walker on twelve” says Charlie unemotionally as she walks toward it.

She pushes the walker with her left forearm towards the wall without using too much strength and swings her club cracking the left side of the lurkers temple.

“Not bad” says Amanda toughly.

“Yeah it’s made of metal, that’s why it’s easier to kill” says Charlie firmly.

“Keep an eye out I’ll check the back” orders Amanda heavily.

The ash blonde woman wearing a blue tank top enters the kitchen, a legless rotter is trying to reach for her leg, she looks at it for a brief second with slight despair, wondering how this thing got here and how it lost it’s legs.
    Amanda lifts her axe slowly and lets it drive straight into the rotters head.

“You okay there?” asks Charlie loudly.

“I’m fine” says Amanda uncommitted pulling the axe out.

10 minutes later.

“Damn nothing” sighs Charlie as she examine the last cupboard.

“Picked clean huh” says Amanda bleakly.

“You okay?” asks Charlie affectionately.

“Yeah it’s just one of those days, when you just can’t stop thinking on how shitty everything is” replies Amanda bluntly.

“I understand, I feel the same sometimes” says Charlie compassionately.

“Lets see what the others found” responds Amanda unemotionally.

“The rooms are clear now, lucky we didn’t have many walkers to kill” says Adalbert calmly.

“Cool I reckon we should get some shuteye soon” says Ellis firmly.

“I’m gonna go ask the girls if they know if there’s a pond or lake somewhere around here, I sure could use some clean clothes and a wash” says Katherine sharply.

“Too bad this place has no water” sighs Ellis thoughtfully.

“Don’t expect too much luxury” responds Adalbert abruptly.

“There are worser place to sleep believe me” says Charlie pleasantly.

“So, the restaurant is clear? any supplies?” asks Katherine positively.

“Nothing I’m afraid” sighs Charlie.

“Is there a lake or pond around here?” asks Katherine nicely.

“Actually there’s a small pond about three or four miles back” replies Charlie amiably.

“Will you take me there?” asks Katherine confidently.

“I think Amanda is gonna head over there, her top is slightly covered in blood” answers Charlie thoughtfully.

“I’ll go with, need this wound cleaned up for the night” interrupts Ellis as he unfolds his bandage.

“That doesn’t look good” remarks Amanda wincing.

“No shit, nothing looks good here, hell good that I’m still alive” sighs Ellis as he wraps the bandage up quickly.

“I’m gonna stay here and protect out stuff” nods Adalbert.

“I think I’m gonna stay too” says Charlie sympathetically.

“Elias you wanna come with us?” smiles Katherine.

[Go with Ellis, Katherine and Amanda to the pond]

[Stay with Adalbert and Charlie at the motel]

• [Go with Ellis, Katherine and Amanda to the pond]

“I’m okay, I think we should just rest first, we’re all tired aren’t we?” asks Elias warmly. “Hell I agree with you kid could use some of

“I’m okay, I think we should just rest first, we’re all tired aren’t we?” asks Elias warmly. “Hell I agree with you kid could use some of

• “I want to go with you guys” smiles Elias softly.

“Then come on champ” grins Ellis pleasantly.

“It looks like were the only ones staying huh” says Adalbert exhaustedly.

“It’s nice to have beds for a change” says Charlie as she wipes her dirty cheek.

“You thirsty? I found some fizzy drinks, want one? smiles Adalbert.

“You kidding me? I’d love one maybe two” chuckles Charlie.

“Then you’re in for a treat” says Adalbert cheerfully as walks quickly to get his bag.

“Now this’s is what I call a refreshing beverage” says Charlie dreamily enjoying a can of fanta.

“Well there’s a lot where that came from” smirks Adalbert scratching his scruffy beard.

“So, what’s your story?” asks Charlie curiously.

“I don’t have one” says Adalbert shortly and mysteriously.

“Everybody has one, longer or shorter, happier or sadder, interesting or boring and so on” says Charlie bleakly.

“Lets just say it’s a long story and I don’t want to talk about it” says Adalbert heavily.

“Okay sorry......thanks for the drink I’ll go and move my stuff, shout if you need me” says Charlie apologetically.

Meanwhile

“That motel was a good idea Amanda” smiles Ellis.

“It was our only choice of a safer place” replies Amanda calmly looking ahead emotionlessly.

“We can’t stay here for long though” mutters Katherine.

“I agree, if you say there’s a community full of people then I’m curious how much supplies they have” says Amanda rigidly.

“The guys we met said that they had about 20-30 people” says Ellis bluntly.

“That’s many, we have to go there” mumbles Amanda.

“How much further is the pond?” asks Elias innocently.

“Not too far now, we just have to take a left here and go down the path” responds Amanda kindly.

The four approach the small pond, the sky was dark blue now, filled with a few grey clouds.

“We should hurry it’s getting dark” says Elias worriedly.

The girls got to work and washed off the blood and sweat off their clothes, well most of it.

“Damn I left my jumper back at the motel” mutters Amanda anxiously.

“Well you can’t put your top back on it’s soaking wet, you’ll catch a cold” says Katherine softly.

“Here take my jacket” says Ellis as he sluggishly takes off his blue denim jacket.

“You sure?” asks Amanda affectionately.

“Take it, you’ll look better in it anyway” smiles Ellis warmly.

“Thanks” replies Amanda gladly as she puts on the jacket over her black bra.

“Just like a model” chuckles Ellis.

“Oh shout up” blushes Amanda.

“Okay, I’m done we should head back” says Katherine as she tries to dry her long hazelnut brown hair.

“Yeah we should, before you catch a cold” smirks Ellis.

“You wish” smiles Katherine.

Motel

“I know we have all these rooms available only for us, but I think we should stay close in like in one or two rooms” says Amanda toughly.

“I agree with that, I’ll stay with Ellis and Elias in one room while you and Charlie will stay in the other” says Katherine decisively.

“What about Adalbert?” remarks Ellis.

“Hmm...well I don’t know if the girls want him in the same room” says Katherine thoughtfully.

“That’s fine, I’ll take the room downstairs, if anything or anyone come through here I’ll be ready” says Adalbert confidently.

“Are you sure? wouldn’t it be better if we all just take rooms upstairs” suggests Amanda heavily.

“In my opinion I consider this a good strategy, if anything or anyone comes through here they’ll have to deal with me first giving you guys more time to organize” says Adalbert in a controlled voice.

“You seem to have it planned out, I kinda agree with your idea” say Katherine surly.

“No offence Adalbert, but what if a herd comes through here? you and that katana of yours will be useless” says Ellis contemptuously.

“I think he can handle it” interjects Charlie sourly.

“No, it’s too dangerous, without any long range weapons we can’t take any chance we all stay upstairs together” suggests Amanda in a testy voice.

Adalbert -

[I stand by my choice, I’m staying downstairs and that’s final]

[Fine, I agree with Ellis and Amanda, we all stay upstairs”]

• [I stand by my choice, I’m staying downstairs and that’s final]

“I want to go with you guys” smiles Elias softly. “Then come on champ” grins Ellis pleasantly. “It looks like were the only ones stayi

• [I stand by my choice, I'm staying downstairs and that's final]

“I want to go with you guys” smiles Elias softly. “Then come on champ” grins Ellis pleasantly. “It looks like were the only ones stayi

• [I stand by my choice, I’m staying downstairs and that’s final]

• “I stand by my choice, I’m staying downstairs and that’s final” says Adalbert non-committed.

“Okay if that’s what you want” says Ellis slightly irritated.

“I’ll take first shift on watch” says Adalbert in a decisive tone.

“I’ll takeover when you feel sleepy” says Katherine toughly.

“If any of you need my help just ask” smiles Charlie sweetly.

“Same, goodnight everyone, oh and thanks for the jacket Ellis ” says Amanda shortly as she retires to her room.

“Don’t mention it, goodnight” grins Ellis.

Katherine and Ellis sit beside each other on their bed, she unfolds his bandage to clean the wound.

“It looks better than this morning, but it’s still no sea biscuit” winces Katherine.

“Very reassuring darling” says Ellis sarcastically.

“You’re still a bit pale” says Katherine as she examines his face with her chocolate brown eyes.

“Lack of blood and food, good that I’m hydrated” says Ellis jokingly.

“How are you hanging Elias, everything okay?” asks Katherine pleasantly.

“Yeah can’t remember when I lied or slept on a bed” smiles Elias innocently.

“True that, night’ kid” smirks Ellis as Elias walks to his bedroom.

“Okay done” says Katherine gladly.

“Thanks” says Ellis as he kisses Katherine softly on the lips.

“I’m sorry....I can’t” says Katherine abruptly.

“Why?” asks Ellis affectionately.

“I....I can’t lose you...again” says Katherine as she turns her back on him.

“Look Kat, I’m alive now, of course I could tell you that I’m gone be fine and reassure you with all that bedside talk, but I won’t there are no guarantees, I love you and we just have to make the best of it while we still can” sighs Ellis as he touches her shoulder.

“You’re quite tense try to relax” says Ellis thoughtfully as he rubs her shoulder.

Katherine turns around, her round brown eyes and freckled face moved closer to his face, she strokes his short black hair and kisses him passionately on the lips, Ellis’s round blue eyes close with desire.

Meanwhile

“So what do you think of our new group?” asks Amanda curiously as she gets to bed.

“I think there good people” says Charlie optimistically.

“Katherine’s a bit edgy sometimes apart from that they’re okay.” says Amanda shortly as she takes her grey boots off.

“Damn, it’s great to feel a bed again” says Charlie cheerfully.

“Ah goodnight” smirks Amanda.

3 hours later

Adalbert sits outside his room looking around lethargically, the wind blows calmly and warmly the place was quiet no living soul in sight, raindrops started softly dripping from the sky. Suddenly someone hits him from his flank causing him to fall unconscious.

8 minutes later

Katherine wakes up ready to take over Adalbert’s shift, she slides her black mountain boots on and walks sluggishly towards the door quietly slipping out and heading downstairs, on the way down she quickly checks her pistol containing only six bullets.

“Adalbert you there?” whispers Katherine in concern as she sees his room door wide open.

“Fuck, where are you?” mumbles Katherine to herself as she wields her pistol in fear.

She walks over carefully to his room, hearing whispering voices from within. Katherine stands in the doorway and sees no one in sight wondering where are the voices coming from. A shiver runs down her spine as someone from behind whispers “Hey there gorgeous” Katherine like thunder turns around hoping to shoot the unidentified man, but he struck her first with great force knocking her down to the ground.

4 minutes later

Ellis through his sleep hears a loud ruckus, for a brief moment he thought that it was one of those dreams he was having. Elias urgently tries to wake him up by shrugging him.

“Ugh w-what is it?” asks Ellis in a sleepy tone.

“I think there’s someone bad out there” stutters Elias in horror.

“Where’s Katherine?” ask Ellis abruptly instantly sitting up.

“I heard her go down to Adalbert and then there was a long silence” says Elias with his eyes wide apart.

“Jesus kid you’re shaking, come here, I’m gonna check what’s going on you stay here” says Ellis as he comforts Elias.

“I’m just a little shaky that’s all” says Elias in a quiet voice.

Ellis grabs his revolver and rushes to the door he opens it and crouches by the railing, he could still hear the voice must be coming out of one of those rooms downstairs he thought. Amanda was on the other side by the stairs, she gazes at Ellis and quietly rushes towards him in a crouch position.

“What the hell is going?” asks Ellis angrily and confused.

“I don’t know, they got Charlie too we heard the first noise, she went down to check and she never came back” says Amanda worriedly.

“Fuck fuck this isn’t gonna end well” says Ellis hysterically.

“Sonnavabitch you think you can take anything you want just like that” shouts a man angrily kicking Adalbert out of his room.

“I’m gonna ask you again, where’s our stuff” says the man angrily and carefully.

Adalbert sobs unable to even speak because of the pain, blood ran through his nose and mouth a visible bruise was on his right cheek.

“No, well maybe your missy will know more” says the stranger as he kicks Adalbert in the stomach.

“I have to shoot him” says Ellis urgently.

“No don’t, you don’t know how many of them are there think of the others” says Amanda abruptly.

“Joseph,Damian stop playing around with the girls inside, when we can deal with this outside in fresh air” snarls the stranger creepily.

“Coming right out Dan” shouts Joseph cheerfully as he grabs and throws Charlie outside. Damian follows him up with Katherine all beaten up.

“Hmm....it’s your turn again....I’m asking you nicely.....where are our things” asks Dan in a psychotic tone.

Katherine spits blood in his face and gently says “Fuck off dickhead”
    Dan wipes off the blood with his hand slowly and replies “So be it”

“Damn this machete is awesome Dan maybe we can use it on her” says Damian as he examines Katherine’s weapon.

“Hmm go ahead boy” says Dan carefully as he gets up, Katherine looks at him with anger while Dan just looks down at her, his dark eyes pierced and mouth grinning.

As Damian planned to plunge the machete straight into Katherine’s back she quickly turned around and got up, the two struggle, her body was weak trying to disarm the tall man, he elbowed Katherine causing her to flicker and move back.

Damian in rage sways the machete sideways, cutting Katherine’s throat slightly, she quickly tries to stop the blood pouring out with her hand.
    Ellis’s face was filled with mad rage.

“Oh well that escalated quickly but quite intense for a woman like you” remarks Dan sarcastically.

“Maybe you pretty little thing know where this asshole hid our stuff” Dan kneels down to her.

Charlie trembles, her shirt ripped apart and left eye bruised “Fuck off” she stutters.

“Well that was fucking useless, Joseph she’s all yours” smiles Dan.

“Oh she will be” says Joseph creepily as he backslaps her, and starts to unzip her pants.

“My god this’s fucked up” mutters Ellis in horror.

“We can’t let this happen, I’m going down there I’m not going to let that fucker rape her, I’d rather be dead than to see that happen” says Amanda urgently.

Ellis didn’t even think twice, he shoots and hits Dan in the shoulder causing him to fall sideways. “Fuck they got us, we gotta git boys” shouts Dan as he runs instantly for the woods, Ellis fired two more rounds in his direction. Amanda jumps on Joseph’s back punching him aimlessly everywhere, the strong man throws her against a wall.

“Come on Damian kill her or run they got us pin down” yells Joseph angrily as he runs after Dan. Damian runs after him with the machete in his hand, but suddenly an arrow strikes right through his right shoulder causing him to slightly trip and drop the weapon.

Ellis looks to his right and see Elias with his bow. After a second they rush downstairs.
    He quickly covers Katherine’s wound with his torn jacket. Charlie comforts Amanda who’s aching against the wall.

“You’re gonna be fine sweetheart” stutters Ellis as he holds Katherine’s head on his lap.

“Did you get the motherfuckers?” asks Katherine weakly with her face pale.

“I did, just relax, it’s going to be fine” says Ellis affectionately kissing her forehead.

“You okay?” aches and winces Charlie in pain.

“Yeah I’ll live you look worse” remarks Amanda.

“My eye looks bad, but it’ll heal, damn that fucker kicked me hard in the stomach” says Charlie achingly.

“Adalbert looks really bad” remarks Amanda.

Charlie rushes over to him. His face all beaten up and bruised.

“Can you walk?” asks Charlie softly.

“I think” says Adalbert hesitantly.

“We have to go, walkers many of them are coming” shouts Elias hysterically.

“Fuck not now goddammit” whispers Ellis to himself looking down at Katherine with her eyes blinking weakly.

Amanda gets up sluggishly “I’ll go get our weapons” she says to Charlie.

“If I don’t make it, take care of Elias for me” says Katherine slowly.

“You will stop talking like that” says Ellis angrily.

“Ellis we have to go, there close now” says Elias softly as he kneels beside them.

“Just give us a minute” says Ellis abruptly.

“Go, you can’t save me” says Katherine carefully.

Amanda and Charlie side by side start slashing the first wave of walkers with their axe and golf club.

“Elias go get our things” mumbles Ellis anxiously.

“But I” stutters Elias.

“Just do as you’re told” shouts Ellis.

Elias turns and rushes upstairs.

“Help...the girls” mutters Katherine.

“In a minute hon” says Ellis hopelessly.

“I can’t hold them for much longer, Ellis we gotta go, come on there’s no time” screams Charlie in fear.

“Ellis she’s dying” says Elias hesitantly as he tries to touch his shoulder.

“No she’s not, she can still make it, the cut wasn’t too deep” mutter Ellis angrily.

“You have to decide now man” mumbles Adalbert.

Major Choice: Pragmatism

[Help Katherine - carry her with Ellis to the woods]

[Leave her]

[Prevent her from reanimating]

• Damn...

[Help Katherine - carry her with Ellis to the woods], because if Ellis is right and the cut isn't too deep, she might survive.

“I stand by my choice, I’m staying downstairs and that’s final” says Adalbert non-committed. “Okay if that’s what you want” says Ellis sl

• [Help Katherine - carry her with Ellis to the woods]

“I stand by my choice, I’m staying downstairs and that’s final” says Adalbert non-committed. “Okay if that’s what you want” says Ellis sl

Sign in to comment in this discussion.