More Walking Dead Interactive Fan-Fic:Humanity or Survival Ep. 6 Ch. 4 (Submissions open)

Comments

• Ah deym'.

[Prevent her from reanimating]

Domingez posted: »

“I stand by my choice, I’m staying downstairs and that’s final” says Adalbert non-committed. “Okay if that’s what you want” says Ellis sl

• [Help Katherine - carry her with Ellis to the woods]

“I stand by my choice, I’m staying downstairs and that’s final” says Adalbert non-committed. “Okay if that’s what you want” says Ellis sl

• “Please help me carry her to the woods” says Ellis hopefully.

“Okay man I got her, just keep the walkers away from us” says Adalbert toughly as he picks up Katherine.

“Everybody follow me” shouts Amanda as she runs into the woods.

5 minutes later

“Are we in the clear?” asks Charlie trying to catch her breath.

“For now, I think so” gasps Amanda.

“Is she still breathing?” asks Elias softly.

“Very weakly and the jacket is all soaked with blood” says Adalbert as he gently lays her down and removes the jacket.

“Well you were right Ellis the cut wasn’t too deep, but if we don’t stop the bleeding she’ll die” says Adalbert thoughtfully as he examines Katherine’s neck.

“And how do you expect us to do that? we have no medical supplies hell we don’t have anything” says Amanda in a slightly infuriated tone.

“I....I don’t know, but one thing is sure, I won’t let those fuckers get away” mutters Adalbert.

Katherine coughs gently while Ellis kneels down to her watching her bleakly.

“Listen man.....she’s suffering....I..I think” says Adalbert hesitantly as he kneels beside him.

“No, we’re not killing her” says Ellis abruptly and sullenly.

“She’s gonna bleed to death....and you know that” says Adalbert in a serious tone.

Ellis sobs and holds Katherine’s hand tightly, wishing that she would do the same but the stays lifeless.

“Ellis.....it’s okay.....” mumbles Katherine with her eyes closed.

“Hold on Kat, don’t go” cries Ellis.

“Leave me......” sighs Katherine faintly.

“I can’t” chokes Ellis.

“We can’t let her turn Ellis, don’t let her become one of them” says Adalbert compassionately.

“Give me a minute” chokes Ellis as his shaky hands take out the revolver, he has two bullets left.

Ellis suddenly stands up his face turns cold and sullen, aims his gun hesitantly at Katherine’s forehead and sighs “I’m sorry”

BAM

Ellis covers her face with his blooded jacket.

“Lets go” he says bleakly.

The group walks behind Ellis for a while in silence.

“Do you think he’ll crack?” whispers Charlie to Amanda worriedly.

“I don’t know, I don’t know how are we gonna get through this in one piece either, look at us we're in no state to move” sighs Amanda.

“Ellis wait up, hey stop for a minute would ya?” asks Adalbert anxiously trying to catch up with him.

“We have to find those bastards, get out of my way” says Ellis loudly.

“We’re not fit to travel look at us, we’re a goddamn mess” shouts Adalbert.

“Fine you all can stay” says Ellis heavily.

“You’ll get yourself killed” yells Adalbert infuriated.

“Like I care” mutters Ellis.

“Think about Elias, Katherine wouldn’t want you to leave him in a time like this, we’ll search for those bastards in the morning, now we should rest, we’re all in pain” says Adalbert desperately.

Ellis stops for a second his face filled with confusion, on one hand he just wanted to ran and find the killers and on the other he realizes that he has a good group with him that he can’t let down because of his personal vendetta, no one was in any shape to fight.
    He reluctantly sits down under a tree with his legs bent

“Lets all just get some sleep” aches Charlie.

2 hour later

Adalbert wakes up in the dark and gloomy night, he glances and sees Elias peacefully sleeping curled up in cocoon position. Ellis hadn’t moved an inch still watching ahead of him sullenly.

“Oh, you’re up?” interrupts Charlie as she sits beside him.

“Just woke up had one of those stupid nightmares, I guess” says Adalbert faintly.

“Yeah well I couldn’t sleep my eye hurts too much” aches Charlie.

“No frozen peas when you need them” jokes Adalbert trying to soften the mood.

“Heh you can say that” slightly chuckles Charlie as she touches her eye.

“Has he said anything?” asks Adalbert gazing at Ellis.

“No, he’s just sitting there with that gun in his hands” says Charlie with concern.

“Where’s Amanda?” asks Adalbert curiously looking around.

“She’s sleeping behind that tree” points Charlie.

“Too afraid of Ellis” smirks Adalbert.

“You never know when someone may crack” says Charlie with her eyes narrowed.

“Personal experience?” remarks Adalbert.

“Yeah” sighs Charlie.

Adalbert looks at her wondering if she had cracked or not after her brother got bit.

“Your brother?” continues Adalbert.

“I was a wreck after that, for a long time, luckily I managed to come back....to myself..if that makes any sense” sighs Charlie.

“Did you hurt anyone in the process?” asks Adalbert suspiciously.

“I nearly killed Lars when I first met him” says Charlie bleakly.

“Why didn’t you?” continues Adalbert interested.

“He was stronger than me and hostile, but when I saw Amanda I straight away had a connection with her, a sister that I never had sort of thing, after a while I grew to like Lars too....he even saved me few times” sighs Charlie with her eyes shuttered.

“We all had good and bad experiences” says Adalbert firmly.

Major Choice: Revelation

[Reveal your past to Charlie]

[Stay silent]

• Alt text

Dem feels... Don't even know what to say... So sad

“Please help me carry her to the woods” says Ellis hopefully. “Okay man I got her, just keep the walkers away from us” says Adalbert toug

• [Reveal your past to Charlie]

“Please help me carry her to the woods” says Ellis hopefully. “Okay man I got her, just keep the walkers away from us” says Adalbert toug

• Aww, now I'm sad. :-(

• [Reveal your past to Charlie]

• “How did you survive for this long?” says Charlie hesitantly.

“I lost my girlfriend in the first days of the apocalypse......she was bitten I....I didn’t know what to do back then, I thought it was curable, but she turned and I...I just ran away left her like that to rot.........later I started surviving, after a while I encountered a large group of people, most them were what I would considered my best friends, then came the time of starvation and lack of supplies......that’s when my friends turned on me” sighs Adalbert.

“I’m sorry to hear that” says Charlie affectionately.

“They started picking us out as food one by one, they tried to chase me down, but I managed to escape” says Adalbert sullenly.

“Then I met Ellis and Katherine, it wasn’t easy in the beginning with Rachel one of the girls from my former group, she was with them already, she thought I was a cannibal too and never trusted me since, neither did the group for a long time, maybe Ellis still doesn’t consider me as a friend” sighs Adalbert.

“Looks like you had it rough” says Charlie carefully.

“Yeah, we all had” says Adalbert shortly.

Charlie tries to find some words of comfort but nothing comes to her mind, because there are no words to comfort such losses. She just looks at Adalbert’s sad face glancing downwards.

“I think I should go and talk to Ellis” says Adalbert softly.

“Someone should, only you and Elias know him better than we do” says Charlie compassionately.

“I’ll be right back” says Adalbert shortly as he gets up from the ground.

“Sure” says Charlie warmly as she lays back.

“Hey Ellis, how are you hanging?” says Adalbert awkwardly.

“I’m fine, go to sleep I have watch tonight” says Ellis in a controlled voice.

“You should get some sleep, your body needs rest” replies Adalbert in a caring tone.

“My body’s just fine” says Ellis shortly and harshly.

“Do you want to talk?” asks Adalbert hesitantly.

“Talk about what?” asks Ellis sluggishly.

“Like maybe our next step” answers Adalbert thoughtfully.

“The next step is, I’m going to find the assholes that hurt us and I’m gonna hurt them back harder” says Ellis anxiously.

“What if we don’t find them?” asks Adalbert curiously.

“Then we just keep looking, until we will” responds Ellis unemotionally.

“It won’t bring her back” says Adalbert toughly.

“You know what’s funny, before all this shit I was a lousy taxi driver, living an average life making ends meet, I never had a girlfriend that I truly loved like I had Katherine. And only a few days ago I was the one dying slowly out of blood loss, irony sure does know how and when to pick a moment” mutters Ellis sullenly.

“It wasn’t your fate to die yet” says Adalbert softly.

“The only thing we have left is to keep moving and....survive” sighs Ellis

“I’m gonna do everything I can for that kid” nods Ellis in Elias’s direction.

“I know you will man, that boy needs you now more than ever” says Adalbert warmly.

“We have to help each other” says Ellis shortly.

“Agreed on that” smiles Adalbert warmly.

The two sit in silence for a brief moment.

“Look just go to bed I’ll be fine” says Ellis unemotionally.

“Uh just let me know if you need me okay?” says Adalbert warmly walking away.

“So, how did it go?” asks Charlie sweetly.

“I think he’s alright” says Adalbert hesitantly.

“It’s time to some shuteye or at least try” giggles Charlie.

“Yeah it looks like we’re gonna have a long morning, night’” says Adalbert pleasantly.

“Goodnight” smiles Charlie as she retreats to her spot.

Morning

“Adalbert, wake up, wake up, get up” shakes Charlie urgently.

“What’s going on” startles Adalbert lethargically.

“Ellis is missing” says Charlie anxiously.

“Where? who saw him last time?” says Adalbert angrily as he gets up and rubs his eyes.

“I don’t know we just woke up” says Amanda with her eyes narrowed.

“He’s gone after those men I’m sure of it” says Adalbert decisively as he straps on his katana sheath in a hurry.

“He could’ve gone anywhere, but yeah going after those fuckers is most likely.” says Amanda thoughtfully.

“What if he went back to see Katherine’s body?” asks Elias softly.

“Haven’t thought of that” says Charlie in a surprised tone.

“What if he comes back on we’re not here?” asks Amanda with concern in her voice.

“Okay one person should stay here just in case” says Adalbert calculatedly.

“Where are you going?” asks Charlie calmly.

“I’m gonna head this way where the killers ran away, you should go back and check Katherine’s body” says Adalbert decisively.

“You got it” nods Charlie.

“We can’t leave the kid alone here, so I’ll stay and wait if Ellis comes back” says Amanda with authority in her voice.

“No, I don’t want to stay, I want to go find Ellis” says Elias firmly.

“I think it’s too dangerous, you should stay here we me” says Amanda affectionately.

[Stay with Amanda and wait]

[Go with Charlie]

[Go with Adalbert]

• [Go with Adalbert]

“How did you survive for this long?” says Charlie hesitantly. “I lost my girlfriend in the first days of the apocalypse......she was bitt

• [Go with Adalbert]

“How did you survive for this long?” says Charlie hesitantly. “I lost my girlfriend in the first days of the apocalypse......she was bitt

• [Stay with Amanda and wait]

• [Stay with Amanda and wait]

• [Go with Adalbert]

• “I can do it, I’m going with Adalbert” says Elias decisively.

“Take your bow you may need it” says Adalbert shortly.

“I never go with out it” smiles Elias as he takes his bow and the remaining three arrows.

“I’m gonna rush over there see you in a bit” says Charlie in a rash voice.

Adalbert and Elias walk vividly through the woods.

“If my tracking skills are any good, someone came through this way recently” says Adalbert thoughtfully as he kneels down on one leg.

“It could be those killers footprints” suggest Elias.

“Maybe, lets keep moving” says Adalbert heavily.

“Walkers” says Elias abruptly aiming his bow.

“No, save your arrows I’ll handle this” says Adalbert confidently.

FRACK FRACK FRACK

“That was cool” says Elias impressed with Adalbert’s movement.

“It’s all about the sword kiddo, come on” says Adalbert rushingly.

4 minutes later

“Get down” whispers Adalbert.

“It’s a shack, why are walkers all around it?” whispers Elias curiously.

“Someone might be in there” whispers Adalbert loudly.

“It might be Ellis” says Elias worriedly.

“Or those fuckers from last night” responds Adalbert anxiously.

“I’ll shout his name out and attract the walkers, okay?” says Adalbert decisively.

“Yeah” says Elias hesitantly with his eyes wide open.

“Ellis you in there man?! say something!” yells Adalbert.

“Christ, stay down hidden I have to run and get the walkers far away” whispers Adalbert urgently.

No one responded from the shack, Adalbert yelled the same thing a couple of times more to get all the walkers away. Elias after a few moments moved slowly towards the front door, he opened it slowly and squeakily.
    Ellis was there sitting bleakly in the corner behind a few crates.

“Ellis you okay, we were worried about you?” asks Elias softly.

“Sorry, I took a long walk, the walkers saw me, so I thought I’d hide out here and wait till they lost interest” says Ellis emotionlessly.

“Come on lets go, Adalbert managed to get the walkers away” says Elias impatiently.

Ellis sluggishly stands up, his dark green t-shirt covered in mud spots with his bandage now totally visible slightly covered in blood.

“What is it? you look like you’ve seen a ghost” remarks Ellis unpleasantly.

“You’re so pale” says Elias calmly.

“Yeah well I can’t help that, lets just get the hell back” says Ellis harshly.

The two leave the shack and Adalbert is seen running towards them.

“Oh great you found him, managed to kill most of the rotters and got away” says Adalbert slowly as he catches his breath.

Ellis ignores Adalbert and walks ahead of them.

“Did he say anything?” asks Adalbert with concern in his voice.

“He said he took a long walk and then the walkers appeared” says Elias warmly.

“Lets head back” sighs Adalbert.

“Thank god your all back we were getting worried” says Amanda anxiously.

“Where were you Ellis?” asks Charlie with shock in her voice.

“Nowhere just walking” mutters Ellis uncommitted.

“Oh and you just went without letting us know? great you could’ve gotten yourself killed” says Charlie in a loud tone.

“You were all fast asleep, I didn’t fucking plan on walking for hours” replies Ellis with anger in his voice.

“Next time wake us up before you decide anything” says Charlie heavily.

“Enough arguing, we’re all up now, so what’s the plan? we search these damn woods for those assholes or do we just head east for Louisville?” says Amanda impatiently.

“Those murderers may have gone east too I found a bunch of footprints back there and they didn’t look like walker tracks” says Adalbert thoughtfully.

“Oh we’re going after them” says Ellis in a lifted voice.

“Okay Adalbert lead the way” says Charlie in a rejected tone.

The group got back on track finding Katherine’s killers, Adalbert and Ellis walk side by side with Elias behind them accompanied by Charlie on his right and Amanda on his left.
    Elias looks at Charlie who’s wearing a thin grey hoodie and dark grey jeans with blue sneakers, her eyes were bright blue which made Elias smile pleasantly at her beauty, even though one of them was heavily bruised by the strangers. But when his eyes pierced forward he had a completely opposite reaction, Adalbert’s scruffy beard was getting longer and scruffier every day, his nose wasn’t broken fortunately by Dan, but he now had a visible scar on his chin going across his cheek. Adalbert wore a black blooded shirt with no collar and black cargo pants also covered in blood. Lastly he glanced at Amanda wearing a blue tank top and navy denim pants with brown leather boots, she was a bit shorter than Charlie, however her shoulders looked stronger.

“Damn” mumbles Adalbert interrupting Elias’s thoughts.

“What’s wrong?” asks Amanda abruptly.

“The tracks disappear down this path, but if we keep moving straight we might get to the road again” says Adalbert thoughtfully.

“We’re going down this path” says Ellis impatiently.

“Chill down Ellis, those monsters might have gone back to the motel, we have to get to an open road” says Charlie harshly.

“You chill down don’t ever tell me to chill down” mutters Ellis while Charlie spoke.

“Hmm they could’ve gone anywhere” says Adalbert thoughtfully as he kneels down to examine the prints.
    “As much as I want to kill those assholes, but we have to find a vehicle and head to Louisville, you guys said they have supplies, we’re in pretty bad shape” says Amanda hopefully.

“If our truck is still on that road all we need to find is some gas” says Adalbert firmly.

“You all just gonna fucking give up on finding those motherfuckers?! look what they done to us! they have to fucking pay!” shouts Ellis aggressively.

“Keep your voices down” says Amanda worriedly.

“Calm down Ellis, we have to think as a group, you said it yourself” says Adalbert in a controlled voice.

“I know what I said Adalbert, I’m sure that they went deep into the woods to fucking hide from us they were scared shitless when they saw we had guns” says Ellis toughly.

“We wounded two of them, they might have bleed out somewhere and die, lets just...let it go” says Amanda carefully.

“I can’t, not before we search these woods thoroughly” says Ellis heavily.

“Are you nuts? we have no food or supplies, how are suppose to survive without that? we’ll die of starvation before we finish searching these woods” says Charlie angrily and sarcastically.

“Fuck you, I’m going with or without you, come on Elias lets go!” shouts Ellis with his eyes narrowed.

[Side with Ellis - on going further into the woods]

[Side with the rest - on traveling to Louisville]

To Be Continued In The Next Episode.....

End of Chapter 3

The next chapter will focus on John and Weston's group.

• [Side with the rest - on traveling to Louisville]

“I can do it, I’m going with Adalbert” says Elias decisively. “Take your bow you may need it” says Adalbert shortly. “I never go with

• edited July 2014

Oh boi'.

[Side with the rest - on traveling to Louisville]

“I can do it, I’m going with Adalbert” says Elias decisively. “Take your bow you may need it” says Adalbert shortly. “I never go with

• I like Ellis, I really do and I think he deserves his vengeance. Unfortunately he's clearly loosing it and Charlie has a pretty good point, considering the supply situtation. That could be dangerous for the whole group.

[Side with the rest - on traveling to Louisville], they should have done that a long time ago.

• edited July 2014

The Walking Dead Episode 3: Reason To Fear Chapter 4: The Long Road

11 Weeks into the ZA
    Near Walnut, Illinois

“I need to rest, my legs are killing me” says Mai exhaustedly as she leans against a tall tree dropping her big backpack.

“We’ve been walking for a fucking week, damn it’s hot today” mutters Austin as he takes off his snapback hat and wipes his forehead.

“Hmm if we move quicker we might reach the freeway tonight” says Weston thoughtfully looking at a map.

“Well, I figure we don’t have to hurry” says John uncommitted as he opens a bottle of water.

“How are you feeling Willy?” asks Brent preoccupied.

“My foot still hurts a little....sometimes” says Willy calmly with a sad face.

“I’m guessing Michigan is still a long way” says Mai impatiently.

“Unfortunately you’re right” mumbles Weston under his moustache.

“Where the fuck is the military anyway? they were supposed to help people out” says Austin in a lifted voice.

“Jesus kid, haven’t you even considered that the military might never run through here?” responds John bluntly.

“If we’re gonna head for Michigan, we’ll have to go through Chicago” says Weston thoughtfully.

“Any chance going around it” replies John affirmatively.

“Yeah but it’ll take more time and energy” says Weston firmly.

“Maybe there’s a safe zone of some sort in Chicago” remarks Austin.

“One of thing is sure the city will be infested with walkers” says James sharply.

“You might be right, but we don’t have any other choice, we’ve been wondering about woods, forests, small towns and hell lurkers are everywhere” says Weston slightly agitated.

“And why would you think that a big city like Chicago won’t have too many walkers huh?” says James firmly.

“Like I said we don’t have any options left” says Weston with his eyes narrowed.

“There’s always an option, we have enough food to keep us going for a long while, not many people have this much luck, we should find a safe place and wait for the military” suggests James confidently.

“I actually agree with that” says John shortly.

“And what if the military never arrives? what if scavenger’s attack us or walkers? how are you going to deal with that? we’re not exactly holding unlimited ammo either” says Weston sarcastically.

“Would you all just stop it, we need a few days rest I can’t keep going like this, no one can” says Mai annoyed.

“Wouldn’t hurt anyone to rest for a while” says Brent optimistically.

“It would be a good idea if someone could scout the area ahead of us, maybe there’s an empty house or cabin or anything that looks like a shelter that we could stay in” says John confidently.

“I’ll go” says Kimiko shortly.

“I’m going too, think you could use an extra hand” says James rigidly.

“Be careful sis” says Mai compassionately.

“I will and don’t worry, come on James” says Kimiko urgently.

James and Kimiko walk through the woods in silence for a few minutes. Kimiko’s katana stayed rested in her dark brown sheath strapped to her back. James held a wrench in his right hand but also had a 9mm pistol for emergencies only. She glances at the tall man being almost twice her size she thought, he stands at over six feet and his shoulders are quite broad. James’s the one that carries most of the supplies claiming that he’ll stay fit that way. He wears a navy jumper with black jeans, his hair is short and black with a stubble to match it. His hazel eyes turn towards Kimiko’s small round face.

“So, what do you think of our plan?” asks James softly.

“I don’t see a way out of this” says Kimiko unemotionally looking ahead.

“If you mean that we’ll never get rid of the walkers, then yeah I believe that” says James gloomily.

“It’s not only that, it’s everything, even our group isn’t safe” says Kimiko mysteriously.

“If we work together then we’ll be fine” says James reassuringly.

“For now” mutters Kimiko.

James gazes at her with a worried expression.

20 minutes later

“Look” she points into the distance.

“Is that a road?” remarks James.

“Come on lets check it out” says Kimiko silently.

They leap out from the woods and into a long road with a few cars chaotically scattered, a couple of small house on the opposite side with nothing but deserted fields behind.

“I’ll go check those cars if they still have gas” says James urgently.

Kimiko looks around and notices how quiet the place is, not a walker in sight which felt strange to her.

“I’ll have a look in the house” says Kimiko as she wields her katana.

As she walks over to the door and stops hearing moans coming from within, she peeks through the window and discovers that the house is filled with lurkers. Kimiko sneakily retreats to James.

“What’s wrong?” asks James as he winces his face checking the cars engine.

“The house is infested with walkers” whispers Kimiko loudly.

“Do you think someone lured them in?” asks James thoughtfully.

“That could explain why there’s so many of them” says Kimiko carefully.

“And that also means that we’re not alone” replies James slowly gazing around.

“But why would anyone do that?” remarks Kimiko with concern and curiosity in her voice.

“Beats me, to be honest I don’t care we should just find a vehicle and get out of here” says James impatiently.

“Fine I’ll go have a look if the other houses are empty” says Kimiko shortly.

“Okay, keep your eyes open” says James firmly.

“You know I always do” mumbled Kimiko.

Kimiko rushes quietly to the next house and glances through the window, no lurker in sight, she knocks three times and briefly waits if any movements occur. Silence, she turns the knob and enters, a staircase in front of her lead upstairs, straight ahead through the hall was a small kitchen with a back door and on the left a living room was situated. The place looked tidy which was strange to Kimiko, the kitchen cupboards were filled with canned food and water. She goes vividly upstairs and discovers a mattress on the floor and a few cans emptied by the window. Kimiko runs to inform James.

“Hey did you find anything? I think this car is drivable we should regroup and decide what to do next” says James decisively.

“Yeah I think someone is or was living there” says Kimiko thoughtfully.

“Then we should hurry back” says James urgently.

“Yeah, I’m the one living here” says someone cheerfully standing behind them with a double-barrel shotgun aimed.

Kimiko and James startle as they look behind and see a man dressed in a lemon yellow shirt and ragged dark jeans.

“So are you people gonna say something? what are you doing here? are you alone?” says the stranger in a optimistic tone.

[“We’re looking for a vehicle”]

[“We’re alone”]

[“We have a group with us”]

[“Maybe we should introduce ourselves first, I’m James and this is Kimiko”]

[Stay silent]

Meanwhile

“Wouldn’t it be cool if we just found a plane and flew away” says Brent optimistically.

“Yeah I guess, but how we’d get food?” asks Willy curiously.

“Good point, hmm then we’d land somewhere and find some” chuckles Brent.

“God, I don’t think I’ll ever get use to the smell of sweat” says Mai disgusted.

“You’re in luck there’s a lake or a small river not far from here” says Weston thoughtfully as he looks and points at the map.

“Could sure use a bath and change clothes” mutters Mai amiably.

“Well we’re not exactly in four seasons” smiles John.

“Wouldn’t hurt anyone to check the lake maybe there’s a place where we could stay” says Weston sharply.

“Okay I’ll gather up some clothes for myself” says Mai happily. She’s currently wearing a green long sleeve shirt with no collar and tight black pants with matching black combat shoes, her long black hair is tied in a bun.

“I’ll lead you there, anyone wants to join us?” grins Weston, who’s wearing a black t-shirt with a grey army vest and black jeans. He has short blonde hair and a growing moustache.

“I’m gonna hold back” says John shortly.

“What about you kids, Brent, Willy care to come?” smiles Weston warmly.

[Both of them should go]

[Willy should go]

[Brent should go]

[Both should stay]

• [“Maybe we should introduce ourselves first, I’m James and this is Kimiko”]

[Both of them should go]

The Walking Dead Episode 3: Reason To Fear Chapter 4: The Long Road 11 Weeks into the ZA Near Walnut, Illinois “I need to rest, my le

• [Maybe we should introduce ourselves first, I'm James and this is Kimiko"]

[Both of them should go]

The Walking Dead Episode 3: Reason To Fear Chapter 4: The Long Road 11 Weeks into the ZA Near Walnut, Illinois “I need to rest, my le

[Brent should go]

• edited July 2014

]"Maybe we should introduce ourselves first, I'm James and this is Kimiko"]

[Both of them should go]

[Both should stay]

[Both of them should go]

• “Sure” says Brent with a warm smile.

“Yeah I want to go too” says Willy softly.

“Then me and Austin will stay back” says John uncommitted as he changes his jumper.

5 minutes later

“I never been to these parts before” says Mai as she calmly looks around while walking.

“My wife and I stayed here once” says Weston with slight grief in his voice.

“What happened to her?” asks Willy hesitantly.

“I don’t even know, we’ve been divorced for three years now” sighs Weston.

“I’m sorry” says Willy compassionately and gives Weston a sudden hug.

“Heh, it’s okay.....I....I also have or had a son, who might be about your age now” smiles Weston sullenly.

“Oh” remarks Willy looking up.

“Did you see him before....you know?” asks Mai calmly.

“No, the last time I saw him was last winter......I don’t want to talk about it” sighs Weston with his eyes shuttered with sorrow.

“Lets....keep moving” says Mai awkwardly.

15 minutes later

They approach a small lake with a big house not far from it. Mai gladly kneels down and washes her face.

“I’m gonna check that house keep your eyes peeled” says Weston shortly.

“I never thought I’d miss water like this” chuckles Mai.

“We’ll miss a lot of things” mutters Willy unemotionally.

“My dad would’ve cracked a joke right about now” grins Brent.

“I don’t think it’s a good time for....jokes” smiles Mai hesitantly as she soaks a shirt in the water.

“Yeah I know....it’s just hard to sometimes let go of how we acted and behaved before, I use to say jokes all the time when I first met Willy, but everything changes for some reason” says Brent with his pleasant voice descending into hopelessness.

“Eh....the longer this thing is going to take, the more people will change” says Mai sullenly looking down.

“I wonder if that house is empty” mumbles Brent.

“It looks quite big and beautiful” says Mai pleasantly.

“Too bad none of that matters anymore” says Willy bleakly.

“If we hold on to our values, then everything matters” nods Mai contemptuously.

“It’s just a stupid house” says Brent sarcastically.

“Maybe it is maybe it isn’t” says Mai shortly and confusingly.

BAM

“Shit where did that come from?” asks Mai urgently as she ducks into the lake

“I think it came from the house” says Willy softly as he lays on the ground.

“I’ll go check on Weston maybe he needs help” says Brent as he runs towards the house with his axe.

“Brent wait, goddammit I left it” says Mai loudly.

“What’s wrong?” asks Willy worriedly.

“I got distracted with all this stupid clothes and bags, eh I left my sword back at the camp” says Mai angry at herself.

“I only have my knife” says Willy quietly.

[Go check the house]

[Run back to camp and get Mai’s sword]

[Stay with Mai]

Meanwhile

“Okay, maybe we should introduce ourselves first, I’m James and this is Kimiko” says James placatingly.

“Hmm this is quite humane, my name’s Lewin, you came to steal from me?” says Lewin in a warm tone with an eyebrow slightly raised.

“Of course not, we’re just trying to survive just like you” says James genuinely.

“I wouldn’t call this surviving but maybe....hmm....vegetation” says Lewin with soft eyes.

James and Kimiko give each other a confusing look.

“What do you mean?” asks James with his eyebrows raised.

“Nothing the same thing you said but in a different way” smiles Lewin.

“Did you put those walkers in that house or were they all in there from the start” asks Kimiko with her eyebrows cocked at Lewin.

“Yep I put them all there, more like lead them there” says Lewin in a calm and satisfied voice.

“Are you crazy?” remarks James abruptly.

“That not a nice thing to imply” grins Lewin.

“So why did you do it?” asks Kimiko with her eyes filled with curiosity.

“Well I’ve been alone for a long long time......I was on the road walking for god knows how long, hungry and tired....then I stumbled upon these houses....which had a lot of food supplies...at first I attracted the walkers out from the house to examine them thoroughly, and after that I decided to stay here long term until the army drives through or if a cure is discovered.” says Lewin in a amiable voice.

“Couldn’t you have just killed the walkers instead?” asks James dubiously.

“Hmm I don’t really like killing them, I prefer to run away from them if I definitely had to, and not too mention I would’ve needed a lot of ammo and strength to put them all down. ” replies Lewin cheerfully.

“Aren’t you afraid that they might somehow get out and eat you in your sleep?” frowns James.

“Can’t you see that I sealed it all pretty tight, the doors, the windows. Even if they did get through, which they won’t....I would’ve heard them or saw them from my house” says Lewin with a smile.

“I still think it’s a bit.....irresponsible” says James doubtfully.

“You can think whatever you want, but it works now enough chitchat about me, put your weapons down” says Lewin in a calm voice and a cautious expression.

Kimiko without hesitation throws her katana gently in front of her, while James reluctantly places his wrench on the car hood.

“One of you must have a pistol, and don’t try telling me you don’t have one” says Lewin suspiciously.

Kimiko nods towards James to surrender his gun, he turns his head towards the slim silhouette of Lewin and looks seriously into his round green eyes.

“Fine, here you go” snorted James scornfully throwing his gun exhaustedly.

“Okay, first impressions ended well, so what are you guys looking for? what do you want? note that I don’t really have much too offer apart from food” says Lewin thoughtfully as he lowers his shotgun.

[“We have a group and we’re looking for a place to stay the night”]

[“We just need this car"]

[“We don’t want anything from you, we’re leaving”]

• [Go check the house]

["We have a group and we're looking for a place to stay the night"]

“Sure” says Brent with a warm smile. “Yeah I want to go too” says Willy softly. “Then me and Austin will stay back” says John uncommit

• [Go check the house]

[“We just need this car"]

Eh, I don't really trust him, let's just take the car and leave.

“Sure” says Brent with a warm smile. “Yeah I want to go too” says Willy softly. “Then me and Austin will stay back” says John uncommit

• edited July 2014

[Go check the house]

[“We don’t want anything from you, we’re leaving”]

Remember when people used to lock walkers up inside of a building, instead of killing them immediately? Hershel's farm remembers

• [Stay with Mai]

["We have a group and we're looking for a place to stay the night"]

• [Go check the house]

[“We have a group and we’re looking for a place to stay the night”]

• [Stay with mai]
    ["We just need this car"]

• “Uh we have a group and we’re looking for a place to stay the night” says James slightly hesitantly.

“How many are there in your group?” asks Lewin softly.

“Six more, eight in total” replies James shortly.

“It’s nice to have company, feel free to stay at my house” says Lewin shortly.

“Are you sure?” asks Kimiko softly.

“Yeah of course, it’s nice to meet alive people for a change” chuckles Lewin.

“Okay so what’s the catch?” asks James abruptly with his eyebrows narrowed.

“There’s no catch, why would there be a catch?” replies Lewin calmly.

“I don’t know, I’ve met a lot of weird people in my time” says James carefully.

“Sorry that you feel that way about me, but I just want to help you guys, you need a place to stay then I’m offering, take it or leave it” says Lewin in a definite tone.

“Excuse us for a second” says James shortly.

“What are you doing?” asks Kimiko as James grabs her by the arm.

“We can’t trust this guy” whispers James urgently.

“Well, we don’t have much of a choice and besides he would have killed us by now” replies Kimiko toughly.

“We do we can just head back” whispers James with serious eyes.

“He’s friendly give him a chance, look at him he’s just a kid, he might even be about my age” says Kimiko softly.

James peeks behind and looks at Lewin calmly leaned against the vehicle, his freckled face is wincing because of the sun shining straight at him, and tidies his short wavy blonde hair.

“So what? keeping walkers isn’t normal, he might be a psycho” whispers James.

“Just give him the benefit of the doubt, we can ask him if he wants help with clearing the house” says Kimiko toughly.

“Okay fine, our group needs the rest I’m only doing this for them” says James decisively.

James turns around and Lewin pleasantly stands up with his shotgun loosely hanging in his right arm.

“We’ll bring our group over under one condition” says James rigidly.

“What’s the condition?” asks Lewin interestedly.

“We clear out that house” responds James heavily.

“Sure, I was hoping you guys might want to help me out with that” says Lewin smiling and scratching his head.

“That won’t be a problem” smirks Kimiko.

“We’re gonna head back now” says James firmly.

“Why don’t one of you stay here with me, I’ll show the place around and get to know one of you better” says Lewin kindly.

“Around? what are you an estate agent” remarks James uncommitted.

“Hmm I guess, one of us can go notify our people” says Kimiko thoughtfully.

James -

[“No way, we’re both heading back, there might be trouble in the woods”]

[“Okay I’ll stay with Lewin”]

[“I’ll go, keep an eye on him”]

Meanwhile

“I have to go, maybe Brent needs my help” says Willy as he urgently runs to the house.

“Just don’t be long” shouts Mai anxiously.

Willy enters the house, he sees a long hall ahead of him with a staircase at the far end, on his right there’s a living room on the left a huge kitchen.

“Brent! Weston! where are you” whispers Willy loudly.

“In here Willy” Brent says loudly and weakly.

Willy enters the kitchen and finds Brent bent over trying to catch some air while pulling out his axe from a walker.

“Are you okay?” asks Willy softly.

“Yeah I’m good, but he’s not” chuckles Brent shortly.

“Where’s Weston?” asks Willy urgently.

“I don’t know, I checked the living room first then I came over here and this rotter made a jump on me” says Brent exhaustedly.

“Maybe he’s upstairs” says Willy thoughtfully.

“Lets go have a look” says Brent calmly.

The two boys go upstairs slowly, Brent with his blooded axe lifted and Willy holds his knife close to his chest with a frightened expression on his face.

“Weston you up here!” shouts Brent.

“I’m in here” a faint voice came from one of the bedrooms.

Willy opens the door and finds Weston standing over a corpse with a rifle in his hand.

“You alright?” asks Willy worriedly.

“Yeah I’m fine” says Weston faintly.

“We have to get back Mai’s waiting for us” says Willy urgently.

“Who would do this to a child? why tie him up?” says Weston with his eyes narrowed and frustrated.

Willy and Brent look at each other with sad faces.

“Maybe he was bit” says Willy silently.

“Probably but they should have just put him down and not let him rot like this, whoever did this has no heart” says Weston in an anxious tone.

“Parents probably couldn’t do it” says Willy faintly.

“I think that walker downstairs might have been the boy’s father” says Brent shortly.

“Lets just go” says Weston decisively

“Shouldn’t we check this place first” suggests Brent.

“No, Mai’s out there alone she might need our help and besides I’m not staying here any longer” says Weston coldly.

Few minutes later

“Everything alright, I heard a gunshot” says Mai urgently.

“It’s fine, I shot a walker” replies Weston sullenly.

“Something wrong you look angry?” asks Mai compassionately.

“I said I’m fine” snarled Weston.

Mai flickered and stayed silent.

“Look I’m sorry, it’s just what happened at the house it kinda got me on edge lets just head back to the others” says Weston apologetically.

“Have you checked the house?” asks Mai unemotionally as she folds her green sleeves.

“No, but I’m sure there’s nothing there” says Weston rigidly.

“Fine whatever” says Mai tiredly as she picks up her bag and shrugs past Weston.

“What about the other side of the lake? the water is pretty shallow” asks Brent thoughtfully.

“I dunno know maybe tomorrow if we’re gonna stick around here for much longer” replies Weston wearily.

“The kid has a point” mutters Mai.

[Side with Weston - “Lets get back to the others”]

[Side with Mai - “Yeah maybe we’ll find some supplies”]

Meanwhile

“What are you doing?” asks Austin impulsively.

“What does it look like, I’m opening some canned peaches” smirks John.

“Should you ask the group first?” asks Austin with authority in his voice.

“Look kid I’m hungry, I have a crazy headache, I think one can of food won’t make anyone mad” replies John in a testy voice.

Austin’s sitting leaned by a tree with his legs bent looking at John scornfully who's sitting on a log.

“I’m not a kid” mutters Austin angrily to himself snapping a stick.

John smirks at Austin’s comment and gobbles up a chunk of peaches.

“You ever been around to these parts Austin?” asks John softly after a few minutes.

“Why do you care?” remarks Austin with his eyes narrowed looking down.

“I care, because we’re a group and whether you like it or not we’re in the same boat, we have to start communicating with each other” says John warmly.

“The answer’s no, I have never been to these parts” replies Austin sarcastically and coldly.

“Are you angry, because of Mimi? that no one has mentioned her” asks John hesitantly.

“I just can’t take it anymore, losing someone that I care about.....first it was my mom, then my sister, then....my brother I thought that my dad could make it but.....” says Austin in a devastated tone.

“I’m sorry” replies John sincerely after a brief moment.

“Mimi seemed like a nice girl, a brave and tough one” grins John warmly and hesitantly.

“She was” sighs Austin.

“Well it doesn’t matter now anyway, nothing does anymore” mutters Austin angrily.

“Listen, now everything matters even more than it did before, if you isolate yourself from us you won’t last long, we’re all your friends and I can’t guarantee that everyone will survive, but you have to start trusting us, not just James” says John sympathetically.

Austin gives him a wintry expression and stays silent contemplating what he just said, and deep down he realizes that John’s right, but too much has happened, too much has been lost that can’t be forgotten or let go.

• [Ok. I'll stay with Lewin."]

[Side with Mai - "Yeah maybe we'll find some supplies"]

“Uh we have a group and we’re looking for a place to stay the night” says James slightly hesitantly. “How many are there in your group?”

• [“Okay I’ll stay with Lewin”]

[Side with Weston - “Lets get back to the others”]

“Uh we have a group and we’re looking for a place to stay the night” says James slightly hesitantly. “How many are there in your group?”

• Your writing is fantastic! I can imagine how everyone looks and acts.

[OK. I'll stay with Lewin]

[Side with Mai - "yeah maybe we'll find some supplies"]

• “Okay I’ll stay with Lewin and.....be careful” says James firmly and affectionately.

“I will, don’t worry” replies Kimiko with soft eyes.

“Take this....just for emergency” says James kindly holding a gun in his hand reached out.

“Nah you better keep it, I’m not too much of a shot” smiles Kimiko.

“If we stumble upon more ammo, I’m gonna have to teach ya” says James cheerfully.

“Yeah, maybe” says Kimiko shortly as she retreats into the woods with her katana wielded.

James and Lewin stood for a brief moment in awkward silence.

“Uh so why don’t I show you the house” says Lewin with a awkward smile.

“Lead the way” says James bluntly.

“As you can see the house will fit you all pretty well” says Lewin pleasantly.

“So you’re from around here?” asks James thoughtfully as he looks around the living room.

“Is it that obvious” remarks Lewin with kind eyes.

“Yeah the accent for one” mutters James.

“I’m from Liechtenstein a small country in Europe” replies Lewin calmly and hesitantly.

“Hmm what brought you to the States?” asks James as he goes upstairs.

“Curiosity I guess, I always wanted to travel the world and I was always wondering what America looks like apart from watching it on tv.” chuckles Lewin.

“It looks like you’re having a blast here” smirks James.

“Yeah it’s cool, well apart from the zombies” responds Lewin cheerfully.

“You picked a bad time to travel” says James firmly looking through the window.

“Pff obviously” replies Lewin sarcastically smiling.

“Did you lose anyone?” asks James pointedly.

“No, I’m alone” replies Lewin amiably.

“No family back home?” continues James in a slightly cold tone.

“What’s with the million questions? You don’t like something just tell me” says Lewin slightly irritated.

“Just trying to get to know you kid, no need to get angry” says James reassuringly.

“I’m trying to cope with everything here.....of course I probably lost people, I say probably because I don’t even know if my family is alive or dead, I have a small sister back home her name is Ayleen she’s five years old....I....I miss her everyday....and your not helping by making me talk about her” says Lewin stolidly as he sits in a armchair.

“I apologies for being.....a little bit too cautious” says James kindly.

“Well you no everything now, is there anything else you need to know about me?” asks Lewin indifferently.

“I’m sorry again that I judged you too quickly, we just had a hard week, we lost a member and.....uh I’m just being a little bit over protective that’s all.” says James patiently.

“I understand, seems hard being in a group” says Lewin affectionately.

“Why do you say that?” asks James firmly.

“I mean...if you lose someone from your group who you care about, it feels hard doesn’t it? I don’t think I could cope with it long term.” says Lewin thoughtfully.

“We all look out for each other, but....of course everyone nows that today could be their last day” says James sullenly.

“If everyone died the same day then it would make everybody’s day” chuckles Lewin.

“You really are a weird cookie Lewin” winces James with his hazel eyes filled with confusion.

“It’s a way I deal with stress” says Lewin shortly.

“Uh right, well everyone has there own way dealing with stress, I guess” says James sluggishly.

Meanwhile

“You hungry Austin? sorry that I ate all those peaches alone without sharing” says John with a thin smile.

“No, I’m good” replies Austin shortly.

“Wonder what’s taking them so long?” mutters John.

“Maybe they’re in trouble” says Austin thoughtfully.

“I’ll give them a few more minutes and then I’m gonna go look for them” says John calculatedly.

“I’m going with you” says Austin obstinately.

“No, someone has to stay and protect our things” replies John mildly.

“Yeah like I will manage alone if bandits or walkers come through here” responds Austin sarcastically.

“Well you have your gun, if you see anyone just shoot them” says John unemotionally.

“Hey you guys alright?” asks Kimiko exhaustedly as she comes out from the woods.

“Where’s James?” asks John abruptly.

“It’s good you’re back” smiles Austin in the background.

“He’s fine, we found this guy his name’s Lewin, he has a house where we can stay the night” replies Kimiko urgently trying to catch her breath.

“This Lewin guy he friendly?” asks John with a suspicious look.

“I wouldn’t be dragging you guys if he weren’t” gasped Kimiko.

“Where’s Mai?” asks Kimiko suddenly.

“She went with Weston to check the lake, they haven’t come back yet” replies John firmly.

“Shit they might be in trouble” says Kimiko vaguely.

“Wait, help me carry our things to Lewin” says John urgently as he grabs Kimiko’s arm.

“I won’t be long, and besides we’ll have to take two turns in moving all this stuff” says Kimiko rushingly.

“James might be worried, I’m sure Weston has everything under control” smirks John.

[Help John carry the bags to the house]

[Ignore and go find Mai]

“Maybe we’ll find some supplies” says Willy softly.

“We’ve been here too long the group must be worried” responds Weston heavily.

“They’ll be fine come on” says Mai positively as she walks sluggishly across the lake.

“Get out from the damn water Mai” shouts Weston angrily.

“What’s got in to you? you’re very strange all of sudden” says Mai as she winces her face.

“There could be walkers in this lake” yells Weston.

“How do you know they can swim” shouts Mai cheerfully.

“I don’t, but I’m not risking my life passing through a stupid lake, there’s nothing but woods on the other side” shouts Weston infuriated.

“Come on boys the water is great” chuckles Mai.

“Goddamit” mutters Weston as he nods negatively.

After a few minutes of silence.

“See that wasn’t too bad” says Mai as she gets out of the water and looks at Weston on the other side.

“Christ walkers behind you!” yells Weston in horror.

Mai turns around and gazes at four walkers emerging from the woods with their hands reaching out savagely, she kicks one of them and runs to the left, after a moment she trips and starts crawling, yelling for help.

“Shit she has no weapon” mutters Brent with his eyes wide open.

“Uh we have walkers behind us” says Willy scared as he lifts his knife.

The three looked behind and saw about ten walkers scattered around heading in their direction.

“Not now, fuck!” mutters Weston loudly as he grabs the closest walker by the throat and slams it against a tree and thrusts his survival knife below the lurkers jaw.

“Mai needs our help Brent” says Willy in horror.

“So does Weston he can’t handle all of them” replies Brent in fear.

“How many bullets do you have left in your rifle?” asks Brent urgently.

“Not enough, just two” mutters Weston anxiously as his eyes are pierced at the next lurker he’s planning to kill.

[Both should stay and help Weston]

[Both should run and help Mai]

[Willy should help Mai/Weston]

[Brent should help Mai/Weston]

Sign in to comment in this discussion.