Hey guys! Job from Telltale here. I'm up late! AMA?

Comments

• Hey
    i have a short question :D
    Will TWAU amd TWD get German Subtitel soon ?
    I play the games in a groups and sadly not everyone has good enough english to translate and choose a answer.

Thanks for coming here and answering questions :D

• do you know who'll be the season 3 protagonist? Or are your lips sealed?:p

• Hello, what do you think season 3 will release????? in 2015?????

• edited August 2014

Hey Job can you answer this?

Will there ever be a time Bigby and Clem team up to kick ass? XD

• JobJStauffer_TTGJobJStauffer_TTG Telltale Alumni

You know, good question. I wouldn't say we limit our episodes to any particular time at all.
    If episodes need to be longer, they'll be a little longer. If they need to be shorter, they'll be a little shorter.
    Our focus is on telling the best interactive story possible in a matter of time that is consumable in a single sitting.
    Lately, we've landed more and more closely to the 90 minute to two hour mark, depending on how you play.
    That's largely the same as an average theatrical film release! There is no set time, but we do try to keep it consumable.

Here's an article from last year that I've pointed to when this question is asked. Definitely a lot more insight here!
    http://www.buzzfeed.com/josephbernstein/the-after-dinner-video-game

Why do you guys limit your episodes to 90 minutes and not longer like Season 1?

• Any news on game of thrones soon? I'm a huge game of thrones fan.

• Hey. Sorry to bug you but do you know what time it will be released on psn US? Thanks! Btw you are awesome!

Choose wisely! ;)

twobears posted: »

Hello Job downloading ep5 now in Alabama.

Good question..

It's actually pronounced 'Jobe' with a 'Long O' sound.
    Pronounced the same as 'Gob' from Arrested Development.
    Spelled 'Job' without an 'e' at the end. It's a pretty old name for sure! ;-)

Hey why is your name Job? Is it because you love your job?! Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I'm sorry you're awesome

• Alt text

Good question.. It's actually pronounced 'Jobe' with a 'Long O' sound. Pronounced the same as 'Gob' from Arrested Development. Spelled 'Job' without an 'e' at the end. It's a pretty old name for sure! ;-)

Hey ComingSoon!

Why would I spoil anything like that?
    :P

ComingSoon posted: »

Hey Job! Will we see any reappearances from previous S1 characters or anything? I guess I'll see soon...

• ComingSoonComingSoon Banned
    edited August 2014

I know it'd be no fun :( Was worth a shot anyhow :D

Anyways you're awesome!

Hey ComingSoon! Why would I spoil anything like that? :P

• Thank You for answering but this season hasn't really held up to Season 1 Story telling this is my opinion. The story feels rushed and I haven't been able to connect with any of the new characters because the game feels like its pushing you to beat it instead of letting you go at your own pace. Most of the deaths felt meaningless like they were made to make you care but it didn't also with killing Carver right away I didn't understand that why hype him up just to kill him off so quick?

You know, good question. I wouldn't say we limit our episodes to any particular time at all. If episodes need to be longer, they'll be a li

• More questions, sorry if I'm bothering. So Job, have there been any rewrites of episodes? How come the episode 4 screen had nothing to do with the episode? If it is symbolism I can't understand it... This one will answer everyones question pretty much.

Great question! It's clear to a lot of players, globally, that we aren't necessarily translated into other languages as quickly as some other games.
    In truth, we're still a MUCH smaller studio than the type that produces something like say... Skyrim.. GTA... or Call of Duty.

That said, we're most certainly expanding our efforts, and will have an update very soon on more translations for more languages for all of our projects.

Pirey posted: »

Hey i have a short question Will TWAU amd TWD get German Subtitel soon ? I play the games in a groups and sadly not everyone has good enough english to translate and choose a answer. Thanks for coming here and answering questions

• lol Well played Job....Well Played.

Depends. Does fan-fiction count? ;-)

Lips most DEFINITELY sealed on that one...

do you know who'll be the season 3 protagonist? Or are your lips sealed?:p

• He tweeted that there might be news at the end of the new episode, so hold tight.

Any news on game of thrones soon? I'm a huge game of thrones fan.

Depends. Does fan-fiction count? ;-)

Hey Job can you answer this? Will there ever be a time Bigby and Clem team up to kick ass? XD

• Just look at their Twitter :P Sad thing is it's only coming out on Steam in like 12 hours and I can barely hold on without spoiling myself.

robolee1325 posted: »

Hey. Sorry to bug you but do you know what time it will be released on psn US? Thanks! Btw you are awesome!

• edited August 2014

Will we get a trailer for Tales from the borderlands at Pax?....Please say yes...

• Also you probably won't answer this one, but exact release time in Steam?

I think, as Kevin said on the panel at Comic-Con... it'll be later rather than sooner.
    This year, in 2014, we'll premiere both Tales from the Borderlands as well as our series based on HBO's Game of Thrones.

The next season of The Walking Dead wouldn't happen until after those at some point, and the most I can say is that it won't be in 2014.

Hello, what do you think season 3 will release????? in 2015?????

Only as many lies as you've foolishly mispronounced Job's name, Troy! ;P

He also tweeted that he was going be bed!
    ....and then snuck onto the Telltale forums to say hi to the real fans! ;-)

He tweeted that there might be news at the end of the new episode, so hold tight.

• I feel an abundance of love right now :,)

He also tweeted that he was going be bed! ....and then snuck onto the Telltale forums to say hi to the real fans! ;-)

• Hey, Job! I know it's still early, but have you guys started coming up with any DLC ideas for season 2 of TWDG?

• Will Clem be like carver ?

• Will all the good and bad choiches from season one and two change the finale?

• It's a book from the bible ;-)

Good question.. It's actually pronounced 'Jobe' with a 'Long O' sound. Pronounced the same as 'Gob' from Arrested Development. Spelled 'Job' without an 'e' at the end. It's a pretty old name for sure! ;-)

• I don't want to be the too inquisitive one, but that means simultaneous releases again, correct? Do you think you can pull it off this time?

I think, as Kevin said on the panel at Comic-Con... it'll be later rather than sooner. This year, in 2014, we'll premiere both Tales from t

• I haven't played the finale. without spoiling anything are there any idea of a DLC like 400 days in the first season for season 2? Or even a season 3?

• Thanks for replying JOB
  • OHHHHHHHHH.... SNAP.

Vainamoinen posted: »

I don't want to be the too inquisitive one, but that means simultaneous releases again, correct? Do you think you can pull it off this time?

• Would love to join you all in your experience, but unfortunately have downloaded the full ep. 1-5, tried all sorts of different solutions, yet still get the error message upon startup that I'm unable to connect to the Telltale server. Any ideas?

• They started kinda bumpy with both TWD and TWAU releases but, they got really good at the end!

I think they already pulled it off well.

Vainamoinen posted: »

I don't want to be the too inquisitive one, but that means simultaneous releases again, correct? Do you think you can pull it off this time?

Things are always in motion for ANY creative process, especially ones that are developed LIVE with the input of fans like you!
    I think a lot of people really analyzed what that title screen meant... but ultimately... I think it boiled down to this:

The Ep 4 screen shows Clem 'gutting up' surrounded by people. At the end of Ep 3, that's what she did to escape with the group, and that's how Ep 4 began. The people behind her 'represent' the group. As those slides are developed long before the final episodes are made, they can sometimes vary in direct representation, but ultimately, the general idea remains.

More questions, sorry if I'm bothering. So Job, have there been any rewrites of episodes? How come the episode 4 screen had nothing to do wi

We're working on a trailer right now! Hoping it will be released soon... VERY soon! ;-)

Will we get a trailer for Tales from the borderlands at Pax?....Please say yes...

Will YOUR Clem be like Carver?

TWDplayer posted: »

Will Clem be like carver ?

• One last question before I go to bed and wait til Wednesday for the finale!

Was that rumor about how The Wolf Among Us was rewritten because people figured out who did it right away, true?

Hmm. Not sure how to help any better than pointing you right here: http://www.telltalegames.com/support/
    Tech support and QA isn't my specialty, but luckily we've got some AMAZING folks at Telltale who should be able to help ASAP!

mattymatey posted: »

Would love to join you all in your experience, but unfortunately have downloaded the full ep. 1-5, tried all sorts of different solutions, yet still get the error message upon startup that I'm unable to connect to the Telltale server. Any ideas?

This discussion has been closed.