Hey guys! Job from Telltale here. I'm up late! AMA?

JobJStauffer_TTGJobJStauffer_TTG Telltale Alumni
edited October 2017 in The Walking Dead

Hey gang!

I know it's hard to believe, but I'm here! As most of you know, Laura (Puzzlebox) is mainly in charge for keeping up on all of the action here with you guys, our closest fans! I tend to mostly read up as much as I can, but rarely do I get to hop in front of Laura and post!

Not sure if she's still awake, but I am! We're all SO incredibly excited for you all to play this finale!

If you're up, I'm up! Thought I'd pop by to say hello, maybe answer some questions you guys might have.

Sound like a plan?

-Job aka @jobjstauffer

Tagged:

Comments

• Around what hour will 205 be up on TTG Store?

• edited August 2014

Awesome to see you here! Question: what time is the episode coming out tomorrow on the steam store?

Edit: I apologize. Already been answered above. :P

• Will the Telltale store version release in a few minutes?
    Are you guys aiming at next year for Season 3?

• Haha poor Job. How many of his questions will be related to the release time?

How much input do you get in the development? Presumably you get to see the game in all stages of development?

• Hi! It's great to see you guys actually care about us and come to dedicate time to your fans, we've already seen Gavin here and he's been great!

So... I'm kinda scared to ask but... From 1 to S1E5, how strong will the feels be in this one?

• JobJStauffer_TTGJobJStauffer_TTG Telltale Alumni

You know, I was just asking the production and QA team. There's always a possibility that it could hit at midnight PT (in less than 5 minutes!) but we are never 100% certain... I'm trying to find out myself! ;-)

I know that Steam is likely just before noon PT tomorrow!

Schwarzblut posted: »

Around what hour will 205 be up on TTG Store?

• AWESOMEOAWESOMEO Banned
    edited August 2014

For Steam, I think it's always the same time when the store updates or something, correct me if I'm wrong.

Lolzkittiez posted: »

Awesome to see you here! Question: what time is the episode coming out tomorrow on the steam store? Edit: I apologize. Already been answered above. :P

• is the finale ending sadder than season 1s finale?

• PC. Steam store. :P

AWESOMEO posted: »

For Steam, I think it's always the same time when the store updates or something, correct me if I'm wrong.

• edited August 2014

Why do you guys limit your episodes to 90 minutes and not longer like Season 1?

• you have to wait 10+ hours to play the game

PC. Steam store. :P

• Yeah, as Job just said, around noon PT tomorrow, I'm pretty sure :)

PC. Steam store. :P

• Hmm.... it's not walking dead related and you probably can't say, but will there be a second season of wolf among us? :P

• That's fine. I can wait!

you have to wait 10+ hours to play the game

• I still can't stop laughing from seeing Gavin's beautiful face all over the forum... xD

• Thank you! Just saw that comment.

Yeah, as Job just said, around noon PT tomorrow, I'm pretty sure

• Why do you break our hearts so!?

But really, I love the games. :)

• edited August 2014

Hey job! can you guys PLEASE bring back the hub areas for season 3? it helped feel connected with the characters in season 1!

• Hello job is very nice to meet you :D

• They already explain like 100 times.

• Saying "We want our players to finish it in one sitting." Isn't really much of an explanation to me since everyone was fine with season 1.

iHeartTWD posted: »

They already explain like 100 times.

edited August 2014

Ha! Well, hopefully the folks above will see my first reply. ;-)

How much input do we get in development? Definitely more than most PR/Community teams for sure. At Telltale, everyone is a part of development, really.

It's not just our department. Telltale is really like one big team. Anyone from ANY department can offer feedback at any stage of development, and our process is very open to that feedback. We don't have too much time between episodes, so more often than not, the entire studio becomes our own team of play-testers, offering as much feedback as we can!

Fun fact: I'm excited to say I was the first one to 'play' The Walking Dead Season Two finale at a table read! Designers, writers, and producers gather around to test out the episode - and we sometimes 'play' the script, while a player gets to choose what to say and which choices to make. It's fun stuff... and we learn a lot about how the episode will feel!

The finale was.... well.... you'll have to play it find out... but I teared up just hearing one scene in particular read to me...

Nathanial posted: »

Haha poor Job. How many of his questions will be related to the release time? How much input do you get in the development? Presumably you get to see the game in all stages of development?

• xD I completely forgot.

I still can't stop laughing from seeing Gavin's beautiful face all over the forum... xD

• Hello Job downloading ep5 now in Alabama.

.....you'll be able to choose just how strong you want to feel..

Hi! It's great to see you guys actually care about us and come to dedicate time to your fans, we've already seen Gavin here and he's been great! So... I'm kinda scared to ask but... From 1 to S1E5, how strong will the feels be in this one?

• Hey Sir Job! I would like to congratulate you and Telltale for another successful The Walking Dead season! It's been a roller coaster ride of emotion. We, fans, are very grateful for your unending support in TWD series. More powers to you guys! :)

• Alt text

Thank you for your time! It's appreciated!

.....you'll be able to choose just how strong you want to feel..

edited August 2014

We can't say there is one at the moment... but we can't say there never will be, either!
    I think we're all SUPER excited with how the season turned out, and even more excited and frankly humbled with how well it's been received!
    We certainly enjoyed working with our partners at DC/Vertigo and WB and we absolutely LOVE the FABLES franchise!
    What will the future have in store? I won't tell you These lips are sealed! - but I WILL tell you that looking into the Magic Mirror... there's just nothing to report at the moment..

Hmm.... it's not walking dead related and you probably can't say, but will there be a second season of wolf among us? :P

Depends on who 'YOUR' Clementine has become...?

is the finale ending sadder than season 1s finale?

Likewise! Thanks for being AWESOME!

Hello job is very nice to meet you

Well on behalf of all of us here at Telltale, thank YOU for playing our series!
    Without fans like you guys, we wouldn't be here making what we make!
    Can not WAIT for everyone to play this finale!

Clem4ever posted: »

Hey Sir Job! I would like to congratulate you and Telltale for another successful The Walking Dead season! It's been a roller coaster ride of emotion. We, fans, are very grateful for your unending support in TWD series. More powers to you guys!

• Any chance for a DLC for season 2? Also it's a huge honor to talk to you, you make some of my favorite games of all time :D

• Why are you so unbelievably awesome? Please answer, this is very important!

• Thank you for answering. :D

We can't say there is one at the moment... but we can't say there never will be, either! I think we're all SUPER excited with how the seas

• We're very grateful to play these games, I consider these games a masterpiece. If you don't mind me asking, who's your favorite TWD game character? :)

Well on behalf of all of us here at Telltale, thank YOU for playing our series! Without fans like you guys, we wouldn't be here making what we make! Can not WAIT for everyone to play this finale!

It's a HUGE honor for us to have fans like you!
    There's always a chance DLC could happen for ANY project, Telltale or non-Telltale.
    As for Season Two, nothing has been announced.

Any chance for a DLC for season 2? Also it's a huge honor to talk to you, you make some of my favorite games of all time

• Hey why is your name Job? Is it because you love your job?! Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I'm sorry you're awesome

• Hey Job!

Will we see any reappearances from previous S1 characters or anything?

I guess I'll see soon...

We're only as awesome as our fans! THAT is very important!

Gary-Oak posted: »

Why are you so unbelievably awesome? Please answer, this is very important!

This discussion has been closed.