E1 Release discussion: Nov 25: TTG/Steam PC, PSN NA, Nov 26: XboxOne, 360, Dec 3: PSN EU

Comments

• Definitely

Belan posted: »

Perhaps I should finally switch over to buying Telltale's games on PC.

• Oh that's just weird - the old page was cached for some reason....

Weeksy posted: »

Where? There's no pre-order page on the Telltale site?

• edited November 2014

Yay, so that'll be 3AM where I live.. No chance of playing it tonight then... And I have classes until 6 tomorrow. Damn it. :(

you mean in 7 hours it releases 7pm in germany

• Try this link, which goes right to the buy page (it still has the loading screen, but it might work for you better).

tauer posted: »

Haven't been able to get through to that so far. I keep getting the LOADING...

• sorry to hear, that really sucks

same problem for me with the Jurassic World trailer on Thanksgiving evening, it will be 2-3am where I live. so yeah, that sucks.

fuck time zones

Yay, so that'll be 3AM where I live.. No chance of playing it tonight then... And I have classes until 6 tomorrow. Damn it.

• You can buy it from Telltale's Tales from the Borderlands page. Click menu in the top right corner, which will give you the option to buy.

Weeksy posted: »

Where? There's no pre-order page on the Telltale site?

• edited November 2014

it releases at 3am in australia it is now 10pm here

you mean in 7 hours it releases 7pm in germany

• Fuck time zones!

Thanks. And that sucks about the trailer man, I'll probably be in class when it airs. Yay.

sorry to hear, that really sucks same problem for me with the Jurassic World trailer on Thanksgiving evening, it will be 2-3am where I live. so yeah, that sucks. fuck time zones

• yea i actually hate it usually this means i have to either wake up early to play it or wait through a whole day of school and then play it after :/

Ugh... I need to start buying their games from the TT store. That's pretty annoying, since it'll be about 1AM where I live. Have to wait until tomorrow before I can play it..

• are you sure?

not that it really matters for you, but for me it does kind of...

however, all episodes of TWD and TWAU were released at 7pm here, so i don't think that will be any different now.

let's hope it is

Jewfreeus posted: »

it releases at 3am in australia it is now 10pm here

• yep i am 100% sure the steam store updates at 3am in australia either way we both have to wait

fuck time zones

are you sure? not that it really matters for you, but for me it does kind of... however, all episodes of TWD and TWAU were released at 7pm here, so i don't think that will be any different now. let's hope it is

• 2:13

I know what I will reply

RIP Luke

...I definitley played 202 too often

Tales from the Borderlands - Behind the Scenes video

• double that

Jewfreeus posted: »

yep i am 100% sure the steam store updates at 3am in australia either way we both have to wait fuck time zones

• I can tell already that it was a good decision to preorder.

So hilarious :'D

That last face of Rhys...

darlingno posted: »

Launch Trailer

• Does "soon" mean sometime today, or a completely separate date in the (hopefully) not-to-distant future?

Jennifer posted: »

It's out now for PC from Telltale. The Mac version will be coming soon.

• Well they only did play a small part of it, and not the full thing, but there were definitely changes.

TommyW posted: »

Im shocked that gamespot gave it high review since they didn't seem to care for it when they played it at E3 I guess there must have been

• I'm not sure. No release window has been given by Telltale for the Mac version.

Does "soon" mean sometime today, or a completely separate date in the (hopefully) not-to-distant future?

• Frick, I was too trigger happy - I saw the Mac symbol and purchased it without realising it wasn't actually available!

Thanks for the reply, though. :)

I'm not sure. No release window has been given by Telltale for the Mac version.

• edited November 2014

Um, I can't seem to find anywhere on the site to purchase it.

Edit: For some odd reason it kept loading a cached version of the page. Refreshing did the trick.

It's out now for PC from Telltale. The Mac version will be coming soon.

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

You might need to clear your cache for the new website to show but this is the link http://www.telltalegames.com/talesfromtheborderlands/buy

tobar posted: »

Um, I can't seem to find anywhere on the site to purchase it. Edit: For some odd reason it kept loading a cached version of the page. Refreshing did the trick.

• I did the same... Rather annoyed right now because I can't find anywhere on the site that explains the Mac Version is "coming soon" that is displayed before clicking the purchase link. It shows up after purchase for sure.

Please provide a real date.

Frick, I was too trigger happy - I saw the Mac symbol and purchased it without realising it wasn't actually available! Thanks for the reply, though.

• Good to know I wasn't the only one - they should definitely change it because it is incredibly misleading.

I'm not going to be happy if the Mac release is after consoles because I would have much preferred to get it on one of them, I only went with Mac because I thought I'd get it now.

I did the same... Rather annoyed right now because I can't find anywhere on the site that explains the Mac Version is "coming soon" that is

• Anyone see anything on the page about an end-of-season DVD?

• OK, so no guilt for buying on Steam, but it's still available as a TTG code on GMG in the event of a DVD.

Nope. The buy link just goes straight to your cart. It looks like there might not be a bonus DVD this time around.

• Nope. The buy link just goes straight to your cart. It looks like there might not be a bonus DVD this time around. :(

Gibbeynator posted: »

Anyone see anything on the page about an end-of-season DVD?

• edited November 2014

After the direness of The Walking Dead and the grittiness of The Wolf Among Us, it will be nice to play one that's just fun and laughs.

• Yeah, it's nice to see Telltale doing a comedy game again. They definitely can handle comedy quite well. :)

KCohere posted: »

After the direness of The Walking Dead and the grittiness of The Wolf Among Us, it will be nice to play one that's just fun and laughs.

• This is weird - I'm trying to check out with Paypal from the TTG store (I have enough money on my Paypal account to buy it), but after that Paypal says I have to add creditcard details in order to buy it. Never had this problem with buying from Telltale before (in fact, I just bought something else with Paypal yesterday and didn't have this problem then). Don't have a creditcard so it seems I can't buy it, which is a bummer since the money is right there in my paypal account.

• Oh wow, TFTBL subforum is now at the top and has a new background ^_^. I was getting tired of looking at black every time I scrolled too far down a TFTBL thread :P

• 360 Getting the game a week later isn't going to be a thing now is it?

• Gamespot is saying the 27th for the Mac version. Other sites are saying Mac/PC today.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/tales-from-the-borderlands-arrives-today/1100-6423813/

Would be nice to have an official answer.

Good to know I wasn't the only one - they should definitely change it because it is incredibly misleading. I'm not going to be happy if t

• It was confirmed by Telltale that the 360 would get it on the third, sorry :/

zeke10 posted: »

360 Getting the game a week later isn't going to be a thing now is it?

• Ik but i mean for all the upcoming episodes will they make us wait a week for each?

Green613 posted: »

It was confirmed by Telltale that the 360 would get it on the third, sorry

• Probably not, but who knows at this point? :P

Ik but i mean for all the upcoming episodes will they make us wait a week for each?

• Im worried that they're gonna do this. I hope a staff member see's this and enlightens us

Green613 posted: »

Probably not, but who knows at this point? :P

• Anybody knows the release date for IOS?

• The thing is, this is something only Microsoft would know as they're the ones who set the release dates on their platforms. It could be a fluke, or it could be Microsoft wanting the release to go on their newest platform first. Only time will tell.

Im worried that they're gonna do this. I hope a staff member see's this and enlightens us

• Hahahahaha... so many people are gonna die :D

• The walking dead S2 and the wolf among us episodes released at the same time as other platforms, why is this longer?

• Hope it's not a bad sign, but 24 hours more has been added to TftBL promotion offer in Steam...

Sign in to comment in this discussion.