E1 Release discussion: Nov 25: TTG/Steam PC, PSN NA, Nov 26: XboxOne, 360, Dec 3: PSN EU

Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
edited September 2016 in Tales from the Borderlands

Alt text

Release Dates

PC (Telltale Store and Steam) - November 25, 2014
Playstation 4 (Playstation Network US) - November 25
Playstation 3 (Playstation Network US) - November 25
Xbox One - November 26
Xbox 360 - November 26
Playstation 4 (Playstation Network EU) - December 3
Playstation 3 (Playstation Network EU) - December 3
iOS - December 11
Android - December 17

News

Update November 24

• Release dates confirmed on Twitter; see dates above.

Update November 17

Update November 15

Update November 13:

Update November 12:

Update November 11:

Update November 9

Update November 6:

Update November 1:

Please keep all discussion related to the release date (or waiting for the game) here.

Also, remember that the first rule of the forum guidelines is respect. This includes not just forum users and moderators, but Telltale staff as well. Please don't insult or antagonize anyone, including Telltale staff, for what they post, either on these forums, on the Telltale blog, on the Telltale facebook page, on twitter, or elsewhere. The Telltale Terms of Use prohibits behavior that harasses or advocates harassment of another person. We want these forums to be fun to visit for everyone, staff and gamers alike. Thanks. :)

Comments

• edited May 2014

Thread: Release date / pre order discussion

Just to be clear, I´m not asking for a release date.

Mod edit: I understand, but it seems like it's actually time for a release date thread. I'll merge the already existing threads into this one...

• I'm just a volunteer moderator so my guess is as good as yours, but I would guess the game comes out sometime this summer (or early fall).

Telltale's preorders for games can be available prior to game release anywhere from two weeks to around a month or so before a game comes out (with the exception of Walking Dead: Season 2 if I recall correctly).

• edited April 2014

Thread: Tales from the borderlands

Does anybody know when Tales From The Borderlands is going to be released

• Wrong section of the forums, Bro. And Idk

• I'm not a moderator, but just before to open a thread respect two things please :

1) Post it in the right section
    2) Search if similar thread exist

Don't take it bad, but keep clean this forum. Thanks in advance. To ask your question, no release date for the moment.

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited April 2014

Telltale held a panel at the SXSW event, and said the game was "Coming Soon." I'm only a volunteer moderator with no relevant inside information from Telltale, but I would take a guess and say the game will come out sometime this summer/early fall after Wolf and Dead Season 2 have finished.

• I think September/October. And hope that GoT will come out in Novembre/December

• edited May 2014
    ###Thread: How long do we have to wait after TWAU and TWD02?

---

After TWAU and TWD02 are finished,released,and everything,how long do you think we have to wait?I'd say about 1-2 months.I do not know any if any dates were specified,so don't yell at me .
  • I'm going to say that's about right. It's a guess of course though.
  • Looks like it. Judging from the fact they already released some screenshots(might not mean that much) I think it's a safe bet to say after TWD and TWAU are finished, TFB should come really,really soon(no pun intended).
  • edited May 2014
    Do you think that there will be a break of couple months like there was between episodes 2 of Twau and TWD02?Between the episodes of TFL,I mean.

Looks like it. Judging from the fact they already released some screenshots(might not mean that much) I think it's a safe bet to say after TWD and TWAU are finished, TFB should come really,really soon(no pun intended).

• I really can't answer that question. Just like you, I'm only guessing. What I do know is that ep 2 of TWAU was delayed because of a problem on Telltale's end, which they said it shouldn't happen again.
    Adrian14 posted: »

Do you think that there will be a break of couple months like there was between episodes 2 of Twau and TWD02?Between the episodes of TFL,I mean.

• Ok,thanks!

I really can't answer that question. Just like you, I'm only guessing. What I do know is that ep 2 of TWAU was delayed because of a problem on Telltale's end, which they said it shouldn't happen again.

• Telltale has stated that they plan to release TFtB in the window of "late summer" to the end of the year. As long as Telltale can release the remaining episodes of TWAU and TWD by September, they can hit that timeframe.
  • if so when would GoT come out ?
    Zeruis posted: »

Telltale has stated that they plan to release TFtB in the window of "late summer" to the end of the year. As long as Telltale can release the remaining episodes of TWAU and TWD by September, they can hit that timeframe.

• So 3 episodes left to release. If they do 1 a month, they would finish by late August. But it all depends on if a TWD will be done and released by July.
  • JenniferJennifer Moderator
    No one knows since nothing has been announced so far, but seeing as no screenshots have been released so far (and a Game of Thrones subforum doesn't even exist here yet), it will probably be some time into the Tales of the Borderlands season (or possibly even after it ends).

It's likely that Game of Thrones will begin sometime in 2014 (as it has been announced to be coming this year), and then continue into 2015 (similar to how Telltale handled The Wolf Among Us and The Walking Dead Season Two).
    GCardoso posted: »

if so when would GoT come out ?

• Going off of what Jennifer said, I predict a late fall or early winter release for Game of Thrones. As a disclaimer, I am not Telltale staff but a volunteer moderator making an educated guess (as are the rest of the moderators).

Walking Dead, Wolf, Borderlands, and a strong majority of Telltale's past titles all have source material with an exaggerated comic and/or cartoon art style, which allows Telltale to produce games quicker as they can get by with less realistic details. Game of Thrones will likely require Telltale to spend more time and effort on production qualities in addition to possible new gameplay elements, as Telltale likes to make their games a faithful portrayal to the source material.

Ignoring the CSI titles Telltale made on the side in their early days, Jurassic Park was Telltale's first (major) title to require a realistic art style. The Jurassic Park game was not as detailed in its presentation as its source material, but Telltale has since increased their budget for their games from Walking Dead Season 1 onwards according to various interviews. Likewise, Kevin Bruner of Telltale has previously mentioned that a new version of Telltale's engine has been planned to ship in titles starting this summer. Taking all that into consideration, I think Telltale will likely spend more time on Game of Thrones than they did on Jurassic Park.
    GCardoso posted: »

if so when would GoT come out ?

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator
    I also have a feeling that it could be sometime later this year around winter, Telltale would have a perfect opportunity to use the tagline "Winter is Coming" to advertise the game if they do release in or near winter.

Going off of what Jennifer said, I predict a late fall or early winter release for Game of Thrones. As a disclaimer, I am not Telltale staff

• That too. :)
    OzzyUK posted: »

I also have a feeling that it could be sometime later this year around winter, Telltale would have a perfect opportunity to use the tagline "Winter is Coming" to advertise the game if they do release in or near winter.

• yeah i bet it will be in fall 2014 ( unfortunantly ) but if the game would be like TWD in terms of graphics i wouldn't mind. GoT is based on story and that what's most important for me in this game . I really dont want this game to be like Jurassic Park aka EPIC FAIL

Going off of what Jennifer said, I predict a late fall or early winter release for Game of Thrones. As a disclaimer, I am not Telltale staff

• I think Tales frome the borderlands will be released on October and GoT on December... Just like TWAU and TWD S2 :)
  • ChateauChateau Banned

Possibly in early august, to late july. They said summer, so it must range from june-august, or possibly September. Regardless, hopefully this is as great as both TWAU and TWD.

• i want telltale to take their time with game of thrones..let all other projects fall through, and work full team writing on got because i wanna be representing stark, or tully or any other famous house in the book series and let it go from there

• I'm guessing 2 weeks to a month and a half after the walking dead season 2 is finished.

• Whatever the NA is + 1 week for Europe

• maybe October/november

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

They did announce a summer release for TFB.

maybe October/november

Nah, telltale confirmed a summer release. Sorry for a really late response.

Rippo posted: »

I think Tales frome the borderlands will be released on October and GoT on December... Just like TWAU and TWD S2 :)

• I'd personally like to see the first episode to come out briefly before TPS. Planning on starting a BL2 playthrough late july at this point to get back into that mindset. Being able to hit something stoyrriffic right before it hits would be a welcome respite.

• Kevin of telltale had an interview and said: ''We dont talk about release dates now but it can be winter, it can be fall.''

Interview

I hope my wallet survives the steam summer sale so I can afford this. Good luck wallet.

• My guess is mid September to early October.

I was never really interested in getting this, but if it's from TTG is gotta be good.

So what do you guys think the release date'll be?

• Telltale is usually pretty consistent in how they price their main Seasons - with their newer titles, twenty five dollars for five episodes is standard fare. Even then, Telltale will sometimes have their Season Passes on sale throughout the Season as well.

dojo32161 posted: »

I hope my wallet survives the steam summer sale so I can afford this. Good luck wallet.

Yeah, but I'll probably snap this up as quick as possible because I won't be able to resist watching a play through.

Telltale is usually pretty consistent in how they price their main Seasons - with their newer titles, twenty five dollars for five episodes

• Thread: When will TFTB be available for pre-purchase on steam?

??

• Took the words right out of my mouth

Soon.

• october/ november safe bet

Sign in to comment in this discussion.