E1 Release discussion: Nov 25: TTG/Steam PC, PSN NA, Nov 26: XboxOne, 360, Dec 3: PSN EU

Comments

• I really like the trailer! It is a light and positive trailer that doesn't show too much about the plot. It is also little bit of a culture shock, since we are so used to dark trailers from The Wolf Among Us and The Walking Dead. :)

Also about the voice actors. Fiona, is she voiced by Laura Bailey? And Rhys, he doesn't sound like Sam Witter and some people say it is Troy Baker or Chris Hardwick, which one is it, I wonder?

• Woops! Thanks for the correction :P

dojo32161 posted: »

I think he means Sam Witwer who was originally announced to voice Rhys. Vaughn is played by Chris Hardwick.

• Yep, Laura Bailey and Troy Baker. :)

"The season will feature Troy Baker as Rhys, Laura Bailey as Fiona, Chris Hardwick as Vaughn, Erin Yvette as Sasha, Patrick Warburton as Vasquez, Nolan North as August, and Dameon Clarke as Handsome Jack... and more yet to be announced!"

I really like the trailer! It is a light and positive trailer that doesn't show too much about the plot. It is also little bit of a culture

• Check Tell tales twitter, they announced all the actors.

I really like the trailer! It is a light and positive trailer that doesn't show too much about the plot. It is also little bit of a culture

• shoots face

MasterStone posted: »

DON'T SHOOT MY FACE! PLEASE DON'T SHOOT ME FACE!

• DON'T SHOOT MY FACE! PLEASE DON'T SHOOT ME FACE!

• No, I mean it was reported earlier that Sam Witwer was the voice actor

Chris Hardwick plays Sam. Just realized how stupid this actually sounds....Excuse time! I just woke up....Yeah that's why I'm being an idiot.

• My favorite line?

"This place is a garbage land of sand and sadness."

• im so glad that its coming to nextgen consoles..but will it still be episodic or just full retail?

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

It's episodic.

Wyatt#1 posted: »

im so glad that its coming to nextgen consoles..but will it still be episodic or just full retail?

• Man, Troy Baker is VA on almost all recent games hahaha

• Haha :D it's ok

Chris Hardwick plays Sam. Just realized how stupid this actually sounds....Excuse time! I just woke up....Yeah that's why I'm being an idiot.

• yo this Rhys is gonna be hilarious.

• holy shit thank you!!!!

OzzyUK posted: »

It's episodic.

• Well, he's a great VA. I don't get tired of his voice.

Then again, I have only played some games he was in.

iorek21 posted: »

Man, Troy Baker is VA on almost all recent games hahaha

• Pretty accurate

dojo32161 posted: »

My favorite line? "This place is a garbage land of sand and sadness."

• I still get shivers whenever I watch it

Agreed. The "Cry Wolf" trailer for Wolf Among Us in particular was really great.

• Man that trailer was awesome. This game is gonna be kickass. Sad we still haven't gotten a release date though :(

• edited November 2014

I'm so ducking pumped (yes, ducking, like from Duck) for this game!

It looks funny as hell, and there are so many great VAs! I mean, Telltale VAs never are bad, don't get me wrong. The Walking Dead Season 2 actually had great VA for the most part.

But I just recently played through the Uncharted trilogy and The Last Of Us again, and I'm so looking forward to Troy Baker and Nolan North!

Leaving out the other great VAs in the blog post, even. Maybe Gavin Hammon too? Pls?

• Was that bossanova in the truck?

• edited November 2014

I have a feeling Gavin Hammon, Melissa Hutchinson, and Adam Harrington are all gonna have big roles in Game of Thrones (they all hinted they were doing something for Telltale a couple months ago that was still "classified")

I'm so ducking pumped (yes, ducking, like from Duck) for this game! It looks funny as hell, and there are so many great VAs! I mean, Tell

• I think I should be surprised about Troy Baker and Laura Bailey being in this game... But I just can't be. They're in literally every game. Even in not very popular games (Virtue's Last Reward for example), they always voice someone... I'm not complaining though! Super excited for this!

• Yeah, Laura Bailey was Aunty Greenleaf in TWAU, so I'm not surprised. Troy Baker I'm surprised about because he took over Rhys, who was originally supposed to be voiced by Sam Witwer.

That1Guy posted: »

I think I should be surprised about Troy Baker and Laura Bailey being in this game... But I just can't be. They're in literally every game.

• Looks gooood the Hyperion is real!

• Jokes!

DoubleJump posted: »

Looks gooood the Hyperion is real!

• Looks good, Im more excited about this than GoT actually and I like GoT show a lot.

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator
    edited November 2014

It's up on the Steam store now http://store.steampowered.com/app/330830/ with a UNCONFIRMED release date of November 25th.

Edit: The release date has now been changed to "November 2014"

• And.......I just preordered it

Alt text

OzzyUK posted: »

It's up on the Steam store now http://store.steampowered.com/app/330830/ with a UNCONFIRMED release date of November 25th. Edit: The release date has now been changed to "November 2014"

• I just saw the trailer, that game looks so cool and I've never even played any of the Borderland Games before!

'Don't shoot my face' that made me laugh XD

• preording telltale games... you guys are hilarious.

• That trailer was pretty hype, lol.

• You know...One of these days, I gotta try and watch the anime. Looks really fun. :)

And.......I just preordered it

• Kinda disappointed Sam Witwer isn't playing Rhys. I'm tired of Troy Baker playing every video game character.

• If we know we're going to buy it, we get 10% off for the entire season. Sounds pretty alright to me, what's so funny about it?

Ellias posted: »

preording telltale games... you guys are hilarious.

• lol you'll see mid season.

Green613 posted: »

If we know we're going to buy it, we get 10% off for the entire season. Sounds pretty alright to me, what's so funny about it?

• Are you talking about

A) the quality

or

B) the waiting time?

B is pretty much invalid, because you still get the game for less money.

And I don't think the game will suck, so A is imo also a risk you should take.

lol you'll see mid season.

• Well I guess we will see, but to see requires me to buy it, and if that means I can get it a cheaper price then I'm all for that.

lol you'll see mid season.

• most people who do this cry and make petitions for telltale to release half baked content or cry for their money back.

You all might sound confident now, but trust me once you all cry like little children i'll just link you to this thread.

Are you talking about A) the quality or the waiting time? B is pretty much invalid, because you still get the game for less money. And I don't think the game will suck, so A is imo also a risk you should take.

• Well, I won't. I'm already hardened from the wait for Season 2 and TWAU :P

But I guess it will possibly be a problem again.

most people who do this cry and make petitions for telltale to release half baked content or cry for their money back. You all might sound confident now, but trust me once you all cry like little children i'll just link you to this thread.

• That was such an awesome trailer! Badass and hilarious. Loved Jack's little narration at the beginning and Rhys fanboying over Zero. :D

Alt text Alt text (source)

Sign in to comment in this discussion.