E1 Release discussion: Nov 25: TTG/Steam PC, PSN NA, Nov 26: XboxOne, 360, Dec 3: PSN EU

Comments

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

Telltale posted this to twtter

'Tales from the Borderlands' Premiering LIVE from the @AlamoDFW 11/24 on @Twitch! - Tickets: http://drafthouse.com/movies/tales-from-the-borderlands-premiere/dfw

Alt text

https://twitter.com/telltalegames/status/534420416366800896

This was posted on the Alamo Drafthouse website

Join Telltale Games and Gearbox Software for the world-exclusive LIVE premiere of their brand-new episodic game series, Tales from the Borderlands!

Based on the hit ‘Borderlands’ video games from Gearbox Software and 2K, Tales from the Borderlands is the all-new five part game series from Telltale Games, makers of the critically-acclaimed The Walking Dead – A Telltale Games Series and The Wolf Among Us. Set on the unforgiving world of Pandora after the events of Borderlands 2, Tales from the Borderlands is full of the trademark humor and action the hit franchise is famous for, and follows two unique adventurers on their quest for greatness.

In a special world premiere event at the Alamo Drafthouse Cinema in Richardson, Texas, Telltale and hometown heroes Gearbox Software will show the first episode of the series, ‘Zer0 Sum,’ LIVE in front of an audience of Borderlands’ biggest fans on the big screen! Attendees are encouraged to show up to the screening in costume as their favorite Borderlands characters, and ready to interact with the game in this very special play through of the episode. With the audience’s help, the developers will make the game’s tough decisions live on-screen as they begin this new Borderlands story.

Prizes and giveaways will be awarded to fans with the best costumes, and the evening will also welcome Nerdist.com who will be streaming the event LIVE on Twitch as the audience raises a glass in celebration of the world premiere. A limited number of free tickets to this first-of-its-kind interactive play-through are available online, and no fan in attendance will leave empty-handed…

• Hmm... So this was all the fuss with the tweeting chat :P Does this give away anything about the release though? Maybe this will be after the release so they dont want to spoil people. Who knows...

OzzyUK posted: »

Telltale posted this to twtter 'Tales from the Borderlands' Premiering LIVE from the @AlamoDFW 11/24 on @Twitch! - Tickets: http://drafth

• HAHA! Told all you!

They doubted me, 1% chance they said!

I never gave up hope!

Telltale posted this to twtter 'Tales from the Borderlands' Premiering LIVE from the @AlamoDFW 11/24 on @Twitch! - Tickets: http://drafth

• Nah, it says world premiere so I'd guess this would be either the day before or a few days before release. Or on the exact same day, who knows?

ata95 posted: »

Hmm... So this was all the fuss with the tweeting chat :P Does this give away anything about the release though? Maybe this will be after the release so they dont want to spoil people. Who knows...

• It's being released tonight.

We never know Telltale except with release dates sometimes...I called it.

Hmm... So this was all the fuss with the tweeting chat :P Does this give away anything about the release though? Maybe this will be after the release so they dont want to spoil people. Who knows...

• edited November 2014

LOL. I hope you are trolling because there is no way that the game is coming out this week :P

It's being released tonight. We never know Telltale except with release dates sometimes...I called it.

• Still %1

HAHA! Told all you! They doubted me, 1% chance they said! I never gave up hope!

• Em... you said it would release tomorrow? Not 24/11 (freaking americans with their date system. IT'S 24/11 OK?)

HAHA! Told all you! They doubted me, 1% chance they said! I never gave up hope!

• Yeah now to think of it also earlier Steam pre order page said 24th and premiere is in 24th. Probably we'll have it in the 24th.

dojo32161 posted: »

Nah, it says world premiere so I'd guess this would be either the day before or a few days before release. Or on the exact same day, who knows?

• World premiere usually means it's being released.

Nah, it says world premiere so I'd guess this would be either the day before or a few days before release. Or on the exact same day, who knows?

• Why?

TWD S2's release date wasn't announced until the day before it came out, this is the exact same scenario.

LOL. I hope you are trolling because there is no way that the game is coming out this week :P

• Still 100%

Still %1

• ...What?

LineLiar posted: »

Em... you said it would release tomorrow? Not 24/11 (freaking americans with their date system. IT'S 24/11 OK?)

• Steam actually said the 25th.

Yeah now to think of it also earlier Steam pre order page said 24th and premiere is in 24th. Probably we'll have it in the 24th.

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

The way they worded it does seem a bit confusing but i think they mean the premiere showing of the final version of the game rather than the premiere release.

Maybe they will announce the release date during the stream.

World premiere usually means it's being released.

• Steam estimates dates when they don't have an official one.

Steam actually said the 25th.

• I guarantee to everyone that it is being released.

Why show the game to everyone there and not release it, spoilers will get out and people will get upset. It is being released tonight during the screening probably around midnight to the Telltale store and later on as usual to the other systems and platforms.

The way they worded it does seem a bit confusing but i think they mean the premiere showing of the final version of the game rather than the premiere release. Maybe they will announce the release date during the stream.

• Shit...In all my hype I forgot to read the date...Next week.

Bad marketing plan on Telltale's part but whtever, my fault, this is what happens when you don't get enough sleep and you see something awesome coming...

• Well, at least you finally realized. Sorry about your prediction.

Shit...In all my hype I forgot to read the date...Next week. Bad marketing plan on Telltale's part but whtever, my fault, this is what happens when you don't get enough sleep and you see something awesome coming...

• Yeah I hate the way TT is announcing this episode... A live stream of someone playing it? I don't live in Texas or care to watch someone play it...also terrible timing as a lot of people will be traveling in America around Thanksgiving.

• Yeah...I'm tired...It's a snow day...Sorry.

But....Yeah, this still stands:

Why show the game to everyone there and not release it, spoilers will get out and people will get upset. It is being released tonight during the screening probably around midnight to the Telltale store and later on as usual to the other systems and platforms.

Just...Next week.

:P

Well, at least you finally realized. Sorry about your prediction.

• edited November 2014

So I guess any hope for the game premiering this week is lost? I really wish Telltale would hurry up, I'm tired of waiting :(

• Guess it's next week...

So I guess any hope for the game premiering this week is lost? I really wish Telltale would hurry up, I'm tired of waiting

• Give us ep1 or we riot!

• edited November 2014

Why are they showing it live the day before the episode comes out? What's the point of buying it if you can just watch it online? :/

Shitty marketing.

• edited November 2014

Yeah, this is getting really frustrating. I just hope they don't do this same bullshit with Game of Thrones and actually just give us the product next month without all this unnecessary teasing.

TinyCarlos posted: »

Why are they showing it live the day before the episode comes out? What's the point of buying it if you can just watch it online? Shitty marketing.

• It's even dumber that they're releasing Thanksgiving week.

Yeah, this is getting really frustrating. I just hope they don't do this same bullshit with Game of Thrones and actually just give us the product next month without all this unnecessary teasing.

• If we get lucky they'll release it next week

TinyCarlos posted: »

It's even dumber that they're releasing Thanksgiving week.

• Puzzlebox just added this in the blog:

Hey guys! Tales from the Borderlands will be premiering super soon... and to celebrate, we're doing a LIVE premiere event at the Alamo Drafthouse!

I just hope this means that the actual premiere will be the day following.

• There's that word again: "SOON". A really familiar word that has tortured many a Telltale fan :P

Puzzlebox just added this in the blog: Hey guys! Tales from the Borderlands will be premiering super soon... and to celebrate, we're d

• I'm not sure why I'd want to see the whole episode BEFORE I play it for myself... it's kind of odd if you ask me, but I hope anyone who goes to the event enjoys themselves.

• edited November 2014

This event better come out on the same release date of the game because what the hell is the point of watching someone play the whole episode before the game even comes out. -_-

• Huh, well this is cool and all but I hope this means the game comes out on the 25th. Now I'm really worried there's gonna be a ton of spoilers floating around before I play it. :/

• edited November 2014

Correction: We actually farm their headquarters for golden chest keys and legendary weapons!

beguiler posted: »

Give us ep1 or we riot!

• @Puzzlebox Will the game premiere before the live event??

Puzzlebox just added this in the blog: Hey guys! Tales from the Borderlands will be premiering super soon... and to celebrate, we're d

• edited November 2014

Better release the game before live event or riot :D

• You seem like an old user...From the times of ye olde Forums.

Justsomeguy posted: »

Better release the game before live event or riot

• Well..I just check release date, info for the game since 2012.
    I didn't post much haha

You seem like an old user...From the times of ye olde Forums.

• You should post more, you seem fun and nice.

Justsomeguy posted: »

Well..I just check release date, info for the game since 2012. I didn't post much haha

Sign in to comment in this discussion.