E1 Release discussion: Nov 25: TTG/Steam PC, PSN NA, Nov 26: XboxOne, 360, Dec 3: PSN EU

Comments

• Okay I have already vaguely stated my frustration on this whole 'live premiere' thing but I wanted to expand on it.

The thing that doesn't make any sense is why they thought it would be a good idea to stream the ENTIRE episode live before it actually releases. Now, they did this for Vince's story in 400 days. It was only a fifteen minute story though, and it was a DLC so that's okay. But an entire episode of the first episode of the series? I really hope it wasn't postponed to the 25th just for the live premiere crap. Spoilers are going to be all over the site, all over YouTube and fans are going to get upset. Why the hell are they even releasing the game on Thanksgiving week?

"take a break from eating and spending time with ur family on thanksgiving and play our game pls"

What the hell is up with the marketing? The 18th (tomorrow) would have been a good release date, I'm not saying that because I want it to be that date, but it would have been great in terms of it not being released on the week of Thanksgiving. THANKSGIVING.

Hopefully Telltale decides to release it before this 'live event' because it's a really dumb idea to do this.

• edited November 2014

I will try my best, you seem cool and fun too.

You should post more, you seem fun and nice.

• I don't understand it either, I wish Telltale would explain why they made this marketing strategy. I'm pretty sure the game is already done from most of the tweets.

TinyCarlos posted: »

Okay I have already vaguely stated my frustration on this whole 'live premiere' thing but I wanted to expand on it. The thing that doesn'

• Thanks, I try.

:P

Justsomeguy posted: »

I will try my best, you seem cool and fun too.

• It really feels like TT is doing this live stream for themselves and not the fans/audience. If they thought about the audience they would have announced the released date FIRST then go have your little live event crap...

• Mid-season when an episode launches it normally goes half off. My friend bought Walking Dead season 2 for $9.99 when "amid the ruins" came out. I think that's what Ellias means.

Well, I won't. I'm already hardened from the wait for Season 2 and TWAU :P But I guess it will possibly be a problem again.

• Just don't visit the Telltale Forum on the 24th - when play it. :p

Deadpoolian posted: »

Huh, well this is cool and all but I hope this means the game comes out on the 25th. Now I'm really worried there's gonna be a ton of spoilers floating around before I play it.

• Like everyone else, I hate all this marketing crap they are doing with it before actually giving us the product. I just hope they don't pull the same BS with Game of Thrones >_<

• Yeah, exactly! Telltale is just doing this for themselves, not for the fans really.

There will be spoilers everywhere!

• There will be spoilers everywhere!

Like everyone else, I hate all this marketing crap they are doing with it before actually giving us the product. I just hope they don't pull the same BS with Game of Thrones >_<

• @Shubbalubbadingdong

I don't see any reason they couldn't have released it today...This whole thing is a cool idea but bad in practice.

There will be spoilers everywhere!

• It really is. They blew their chance of having everyone shocked with the first episode (in a good way) as there will be spoilers everywhere (like you said). There still is a chance for Telltale to recover with this series if they release it the day after. If it doesn't release the day after, Telltale has then started this franchise off in a very very poor way.

Bad marketing decision from whoever is in head of that department at Telltale.

@Shubbalubbadingdong I don't see any reason they couldn't have released it today...This whole thing is a cool idea but bad in practice.

• Yeah, I'm upset about it. Hopefully they release the game while they are playing it at the drafthouse. The whole Telltale midnight release thing.

I'll have to stay away from everything that day...Really upsetting.

It really is. They blew their chance of having everyone shocked with the first episode (in a good way) as there will be spoilers everywhere

• How about everyone complaining about spoilers should just... not... watch the live stream...

• What about people that come on here and reveal them or on Youtube or on Social websites...

How about everyone complaining about spoilers should just... not... watch the live stream...

• So the Steam date was right? Fuuck. So TFTB and GoT out in a week of each other? Damn.

• Alt text

What about people that come on here and reveal them or on Youtube or on Social websites...

• Don't come on here either? You are not forced to have information spoiled if you don't want it to be, it's very easy to avoid.

What about people that come on here and reveal them or on Youtube or on Social websites...

• It's very hard to avoid when it's everywhere...

Don't come on here either? You are not forced to have information spoiled if you don't want it to be, it's very easy to avoid.

• I really don't think that's the case... Don't watch the live feed, don't watch YouTube videos discussing the live feed, don't come onto any forums discussing the live feed... Bear in mind if you went out into the street and asked people if they even knew this game was coming they'd not have heard of it, they've managed to avoid all information of the game so you can avoid information about 1 live feed for the inevitably short amount of time afterwards until the game is released.

It's very hard to avoid when it's everywhere...

• It can be discussed on videos NOT about the feed as in spoilers and these Forums will be filled with it everywhere. People do know about these games and you will most likely hear SOMEONE, somewhere talk about it with spoilers. It's again quite hard to avoid everything, it's not just one live feed, it's everywhere. People that get out of it will tweet or facebook or tumblr the spoilers, you don't see the scale on which one live thing can do...

I really don't think that's the case... Don't watch the live feed, don't watch YouTube videos discussing the live feed, don't come onto any

• Don't watch any YouTube videos related to the game, because it might have spoilers? Don't go on the forum as I've suggested quite a few times? Any tweets/fb posts whatever which you can see relate to the game, don't read them and just avoid it at all costs. Again, remember that chances are you will not have to wait longer than a couple of days after the live feed before it is released so if you're that concerned it wouldn't hurt to just not go online until it is released.

It can be discussed on videos NOT about the feed as in spoilers and these Forums will be filled with it everywhere. People do know about the

• AND I said that ANY videos could have spoilers in it...I'm not going on the Forums. Tweets aren't things that have spoiler tags and therefore one look would be a downfall. This is an extremely poor marketing plan on Telltale's part, they are allowing spoilers to get everywhere. They AREN'T easy to avoid everywhere unlike how you think, I'm not going looking for them but that doesn't mean they won't be everywhere.

Don't watch any YouTube videos related to the game, because it might have spoilers? Don't go on the forum as I've suggested quite a few time

• [removed]

• If you are that bothered, don't go on YouTube at all and don't go on Twitter at all. I'm sure that even if you do have something spoilt, it won't be a major spoiler since this is the first episode and chances are telltale won't play the entire episode so nothing major will be spoiled even to those who watch it. The live feed is a nice idea for those who aren't familiar with Telltale's games or the Borderlands series, and want to get a feel for what it's like before buying the game. I really wouldn't get concerned about spoilers.

• Interesting choice for a first comment here...

• It says they are playing the WHOLE first episode for the season premiere...It is going to be full of people who will spoil it, the thing is that it is a horrible idea and spoilers WILL be EVERYWHERE. The entire episode could be spoiled, this is a legitimate criticism for this whole live stream idea...You obviously don't understand the real issue. We can try and avoid it but since the spoilers will be everywhere, we will get spoiled.

If you are that bothered, don't go on YouTube at all and don't go on Twitter at all. I'm sure that even if you do have something spoilt, it

• You make it out as if this will destroy your life. Even in the event something is spoiled to you, which you can quite simply avoid, I assure you, will it really matter? Blowing it out of proportion a bit maybe? It's only the first episode, there are generally very few thing to be spoilt in the opening episode.

It says they are playing the WHOLE first episode for the season premiere...It is going to be full of people who will spoil it, the thing is

• Well, if the episode is released the day after the event then it's not a big deal for me. I can manage avoiding the internet for a day. But if it ends up being a week or longer until we can buy it, then that kinda sucks. I'm not gonna avoid several of my favorite websites for who knows how long, so I'm bound to run into spoilers in that case.

I really do think this whole event is a super cool thing, I'm just worried about the livestream aspect of it.

If you are that bothered, don't go on YouTube at all and don't go on Twitter at all. I'm sure that even if you do have something spoilt, it

• Listen, we have been waiting months for this and I will be very upset if it is ruined because Telltale wanted a live event. You just don't care enough, you don't understand the type of stuff that can be spoiled in the first episode, all the stuff we have been waiting for. You don't understand.

You make it out as if this will destroy your life. Even in the event something is spoiled to you, which you can quite simply avoid, I assure

• Well, personally, I think there is one big thing I wouldn't want spoiled for episode one. The whole AI/digital Handsome Jack thing because, spoilers for the end of Borderlands 2, he dies. :P

That's definitely the main thing I'm worried about having spoiled for me.

You make it out as if this will destroy your life. Even in the event something is spoiled to you, which you can quite simply avoid, I assure

• I guess it depends on the sort of episode it is. Like you said, they did it with TWD DLC which gave nothing extremely important away. Maybe it just sets the scene and introduces the player to the characters and setting rather than diving too much into the story, which is also the impression i've got from the trailer. Not much plot, just an introduction. Plus, it's at an individual's discretion if they want to go to this event or watch it before playing the episode. Just steer clear of this website and others relating to it before you play.

TinyCarlos posted: »

Okay I have already vaguely stated my frustration on this whole 'live premiere' thing but I wanted to expand on it. The thing that doesn'

• I've been waiting just as long, ever since it was announced. I fully care about not having my experience ruined and I understand that people could be annoyed if they unwillingly end up knowing the entire first episode before they get the chance to play it. However, I don't think that there will be anything drastic that could get spoiled, and even if it is, there are 5 more episode for you to enjoy. The live stream is not going to be watched by THAT many people, so I doubt spoilers will be everywhere. Everything will be okay, just take a deep breath and realise there are much worse things in this world than the potential for a tiny section of a game being revealed to you a few days earlier than you wanted.

Listen, we have been waiting months for this and I will be very upset if it is ruined because Telltale wanted a live event. You just don't c

• Is this not similar to the return of Clementine in S2 of The Walking Dead? There was a lot of discussion on whether or not she would be in it and when it was revealed that she would (before the game was released) it was not a problem.

Well, personally, I think there is one big thing I wouldn't want spoiled for episode one. The whole AI/digital Handsome Jack thing because,

• K.

I'm done talking to you...

I've been waiting just as long, ever since it was announced. I fully care about not having my experience ruined and I understand that people

• Agreed. Introduce people to the concept of Telltale games and the Borderlands universe. I highly doubt the first episode will contain many crucial plot details anyway, rather just introduce the player to the characters and the setting. Even so, a few days without using this forum or other Borderlands related websites isn't gonna kill anyone.

• Nothing wrong with having a debate over the marketing strategy used, no need to get that frustrated.

K. I'm done talking to you...

• I'm not frustrated i'm just done talking to you...I wanted to mention that without just leaving the rude K.

Nothing wrong with having a debate over the marketing strategy used, no need to get that frustrated.

• Nah, I don't find that similar at all. Clementine being announced to be in S2 wasn't a spoiler at all, that's just basic information of the game. Not like they could release it without giving out the plot synopsis/playable character.

Now we know that Handsome Jack is in this game, but we don't know how this AI Jack came to be or what sort of role he has in the plot of the game. Both trailers only gave a little tease for his character. These are things I'm hoping to find out on my own so it'll be more exciting.

I'm trying not to worry about it too much for now, though. :D

Is this not similar to the return of Clementine in S2 of The Walking Dead? There was a lot of discussion on whether or not she would be in it and when it was revealed that she would (before the game was released) it was not a problem.

• Yeah I really doubt this live stream will cause problems.

Nah, I don't find that similar at all. Clementine being announced to be in S2 wasn't a spoiler at all, that's just basic information of the

Sign in to comment in this discussion.